The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The 'secret love affair' between Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson - and the Madeleine McCann case

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The 'secret love affair' between Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson - and the Madeleine McCann case

Post by Guest on 31.10.13 22:30

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:I wonder why Coulson hired Pinky Mitchell?
Er, to paraphrase Rebekah Brooks:

'They are all in this together'
Tony, please, it's getting late ... don't SHOUT
big grin 

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'secret love affair' between Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson - and the Madeleine McCann case

Post by Beanie on 31.10.13 22:32

@ChillyHeat wrote:
@sharonl wrote:What happened to the Tony Blair & Wendi Deng affair?  That's gone very quiet
Lynton Blair's affair probably ended up going down the pan.....
Love your way with words. yes

Beanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB on 31.10.13 22:34

I can't see why it matters that Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson had an affair.  They were media people. That's what they do.

MaryB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LynneNicholson on 31.10.13 22:37

So is it fair to say that this Australian billionaire runs this country? Maybe he's been helping the McCanns pay their legal fees. It would be a drop in the ocean to him.

LynneNicholson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie on 31.10.13 22:39

With so many high profile people involved with the McCanns, I despair that a conclusion will ever be reached, too many backs to cover.

Beanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerinthe on 31.10.13 22:42

Were the McCanns' phones hacked?  Did anybody ever find out?

Cerinthe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 31.10.13 22:44

Portugal versus UK.....
There are two Orders of Knights involved: The (Jewish controlled) Order of Knights Templar and the Roman Catholic Order of Knights of Malta.

Who wins ? We will never know

Night all.....

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerinthe on 31.10.13 22:45

Maybe the truth about what happened to Madeleine will come out the day someone wants to bury some really bad news.

Cerinthe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.10.13 22:48

@LynneNicholson wrote:So is it fair to say that this Australian billionaire runs this country? Maybe he's been helping the McCanns pay their legal fees. It would be a drop in the ocean to him.
I'm tempted to admit that Murdoch and the likes are influential.
With the rise of newspaper and tv channel moguls there's no need for a military coup to throw or run a country.
Which in fact I've been saying  since the past 30 years [for those who know me].
But ...
Maybe he's just going to make big bucks, when the real story's out ... ?

On that note I bid you et al "good night"

ETA and he might just have had a crush on the medieval Madonna ... big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 31.10.13 22:52

@MaryB wrote:I can't see why it matters that Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson had an affair.  They were media people. That's what they do.
One of them ordered the Prime Minister of our country to set up an expensive and unproductive review by Scotland Yard.

The other, with his No. 2 Clarence Mitchell (former Blair chief spinmeister), was a media manipulator who helped Cameron win power.

We must wait for the verdicts, but these two are on trial for serious charges including corruptly and illegally paying top officials and police officers for stories, hacking private 'phone calls, and perverting the course of justice.

Yes, MaryB, it really does maatter what these very powerful people, in evey sense of the words, were getting up to.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LynneNicholson on 31.10.13 22:58

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@MaryB wrote:I can't see why it matters that Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson had an affair.  They were media people. That's what they do.
One of them ordered the Prime Minister of our country to set up an expensive and unproductive review by Scotland Yard.
Which has resulted in the review being turned into an investigation, which has resulted in the case being reopened in Portugal. Is that a bad thing?

LynneNicholson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 31.10.13 22:59

@ChillyHeat wrote:
@sharonl wrote:What happened to the Tony Blair & Wendi Deng affair?  That's gone very quiet
Lynton Blair's affair probably ended up going down the pan.....
Wok the F**k?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 31.10.13 23:02

@Cerinthe wrote:Were the McCanns' phones hacked?  Did anybody ever find out?
Gosh if anyone had found out it would be a major scoop!

It s been a query raised on here a few times. Many thinking they must have been. Mods please delete if an unsuitable comment considering trial.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LynneNicholson on 31.10.13 23:05

@Woofer wrote:

It s been a query raised on here a few times. Many thinking they must have been. Mods please delete if an unsuitable comment considering trial.
Clarence Mitchell: "The McCanns' records were also probed, but there was no evidence of suspicious activity." 

LynneNicholson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 31.10.13 23:07

@LynneNicholson wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
Which has resulted in the review being turned into an investigation, which has resulted in the case being reopened in Portugal. Is that a bad thing?
I don't think your causal connection is correct, at least not in the way that you state it. The Portuguese reopening, while announced, has yet to happen and IMO is totally unconnected with the SY investigation. If there is a connection its that the Portuguese are trying to pressure SY into not carrying on with the cover-uo. The only work being done there at the moment is the work that was formally requested by SY and which has so far given us two very different versions of Smith man, a couple of Germans and, most recently, Tractor Man. As to whether its a bad thing or not, that rather depends on whether you believe that SY are truly investigating or whether they are desperately searching for a plausible patsy

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 31.10.13 23:08

@LynneNicholson wrote:
@Woofer wrote:

Clarence Mitchell: "The McCanns' records were also probed, but there was no evidence of suspicious activity." 
And of course, he's renowned for his honesty!

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 31.10.13 23:16

@LynneNicholson wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
If it succeeds in getting to the truth and jailing the person(s) responsible, then it is clearly NOT a bad thing.

But - if they get nowhere, and do not get the truth, and do not jail whoever was responsible, it is probably a BAD thing and most certainly a waste of public effort and money, UNLESS there is a REALISTIC prospect of arresting somebody and convicting them.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB on 31.10.13 23:22

I think it matters that they are accused of paying police officers, bribery and so on.  But I can't see it matters they were having an affair.  But I suppose it meant they were even more in cahoots with each other than was previously supposed.  What a mess!  I am not optimistic about anybody getting a lengthy prison sentence from this trial.  I think the whole thing is a total waste of money.  But it might deter others from doing the same.  That's the most that can be hoped for.  Only in my opinion of course.

MaryB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 31.10.13 23:30

panem et circenses

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 31.10.13 23:30

@MaryB wrote:I think it matters that they are accused of paying police officers, bribery and so on.  But I can't see it matters they were having an affair.  But I suppose it meant they were even more in cahoots with each other than was previously supposed.  What a mess!  I am not optimistic about anybody getting a lengthy prison sentence from this trial.  I think the whole thing is a total waste of money. .
Well, that's exactly what the disgraced John Yates thought back in 2009 when he said that the Met wasn't going to investigate 'phone hacking.

No doubt the oh-so-cosy relationship he and other senior Met officers enjoyed with the big cheeses at News International helped him to make his decision!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/jul/18/phone-hacking-why-john-yates-resigned

A decision that it appears you agree with, MaryB, yes?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryB on 31.10.13 23:39

I don't know enough about all that other Stuff Tony.  But what I mean is that I don't think these people will be brought to account.  That's why I think the trial is a waste of money not because I don't think they should be brought to account.  In other words nothing very much will come of the trial/.  But I wouldn't be surprised these media people know a lot of dirt on people and hold it over their heads.  Hence these new press regulations to try and gag them.  They got too powerful in the end.  Flew too close to the flames.

MaryB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 31.10.13 23:59

@MaryB wrote:I think it matters that they are accused of paying police officers, bribery and so on.  But I can't see it matters they were having an affair.  But I suppose it meant they were even more in cahoots with each other than was previously supposed.  What a mess!  I am not optimistic about anybody getting a lengthy prison sentence from this trial.  I think the whole thing is a total waste of money.  But it might deter others from doing the same.  That's the most that can be hoped for.  Only in my opinion of course.
Anyone in a position where they have access to matters of national security would be compromised by having an affair. No doubt journos are at it much like many but its a whole different matter when it involves govrrnment or top secret establishments.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 on 01.11.13 0:05

With all their connections, and all the corruptions surrounding the hacking etc, I'm surprised they are even in court on trial. Obviously their 'connections' have limits?!

sonic72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Who?What?Where? on 01.11.13 0:56

@sonic72 wrote:With all their connections, and all the corruptions surrounding the hacking etc, I'm surprised they are even in court on trial. Obviously their 'connections' have limits?!
Good point.

This is a very prominent case, which could hold some, very serious, implication's for the people involved.

Let's see what transpires, before making a judgement, on whether "The final Judgement", is applausible, or not.

Who?What?Where?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 01.11.13 1:01

@Daisy wrote:panem et circenses
I had to look that up clapping

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum