The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gente Magazine 21 to 27/10/2013 Page 42 to Page 45 Interview with Goncalo Amaral

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gente Magazine 21 to 27/10/2013 Page 42 to Page 45 Interview with Goncalo Amaral

Post by soundworks on 29.10.13 9:17

OF course Kates gonna forgive the abductor as it was her husband pray2 laughat

soundworks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gente Magazine 21 to 27/10/2013 Page 42 to Page 45 Interview with Goncalo Amaral

Post by gbwales on 29.10.13 9:30

The integrity and dignity of the man just shine through.
Humbling.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 29.10.13 9:34

Dignified, humble, calm and Truthful.

A sad day when he was removed from the case.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.10.13 10:09

It's all been said before but what a contrast between, on one side, Senhor Amaral's dignified stance and, on the other, the McCanns' venom-spitting acts of reprisal.

youaretheman

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 29.10.13 10:23

My admiration knows no bounds with this man. He truly is one of the special people. Brave, intelligent, independent minded with a true sense of what is right and what is wrong. One classy guy!

Good luck to him I say in this trial, and surely better things will follow soon for him and his family.

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Slave on 29.10.13 10:24

What a man! What an amazing spirit he has.
Now, Policemen are a bit like Doctors. They will guard their own.
Do you think Scotland Yard have read this? 
They should, they might realize it could have been them on the receiving end of the astounding spite of Kate McCann.

The Slave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice on 29.10.13 10:44

@Mirage wrote:I am aware of the evil within this case. I had a paralyzing nightmare during the night because of it. What I have just read by Goncalo only confirms what we are up against.

He is light against dark and a great inspiration to those who are  locked in this battle against inordinate wickedness.
Mirage, I too have had several dreams on the case and can see the battle between light and dark.   I just wanted to say, take heart because I have come to an awareness that light will win out here.
 yes

Truthandjustice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 29.10.13 10:57

Thanks for posting TMH, much appreciated.

GA radiates humilty, a quality that can't be bought of even faked. A quality that is alien to the McCann's. I feel even more disgusted in them after reading that.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerinthe on 29.10.13 11:20

Someone who deals in truth and reality will be alien to the McCanns.  That's why they despise and fear him, because they're not capable of understanding his values.

Cerinthe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 29.10.13 11:28

Does anyone send messages and information to Dr Amaral?  Maybe one day, when all this is done and dusted, those of us, on this forum,  can meet with GA in London, or somewhere of his choosing. If this could become reality, I am prepared to contribute to a fund to finance  Dr Amaral's  trip to the UK, if he's prepared to come.

Edited to say I have had an instant private message to say "count me in"

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 29.10.13 11:51

Just on twitter , no link and try as I might I can't find this news claimed from the Irish Daily Mail , by Gerard Couzens.

" Lawyer for G Amaral considering raising issue of important info, withheld since 2008. "

Can anyone find this please?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.10.13 11:58

Might be just the paper edition RD......

BEDEHOKEYCOKEY ‏@janeymack1 9m
@collywobbles54 @iwillnotgoaway @umweltbuerger irish daily mail page 8 still trying to find link

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 29.10.13 11:59

He and his team were alerted to the article on Sunday, so that makes sense.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 29.10.13 11:59

thank you CF .  It does make sense, and the wording of the tweet was a quote from the GC piece I believe,  raising the issue of the suppressed report.

The libel case is a no- brainer now I would guess :  the judge will have raised an eyebrow at the latest revelation about hindering the search.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 29.10.13 12:00

@The Slave wrote:.
They should, they might realize it could have been them on the receiving end of the astounding spite of Kate McCann.
They will be. Just watch.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.10.13 12:02

@PeterMac wrote:
@The Slave wrote:.
They will be.  Just watch.
I doubt Kate will call them f***ing t***ers though.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 29.10.13 12:20

@Truthandjustice wrote:
@Mirage wrote:I am aware of the evil within this case. I had a paralyzing nightmare during the night because of it. What I have just read by Goncalo only confirms what we are up against.

He is light against dark and a great inspiration to those who are  locked in this battle against inordinate wickedness.
Mirage, I too have had several dreams on the case and can see the battle between light and dark.   I just wanted to say, take heart because I have come to an awareness that light will win out here.
 yes
Thank you so much, Truth and Justice. I know we all have different takes on this and I would never want to be melodramatic but you do need to keep your equilibrium and guard your spiritual and physical health when involving yourself in this morass of wrongdoing. I took time away from posting for that very reason, although continuing to read here and keep informed through the wonderful efforts of you all.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melisande on 29.10.13 12:29

I have a lot of respect for this man.  No matter what has been thrown at him he has stood his ground.  I can't help but think that if it wasn't for Mr Amaral, we wouldn't be at this stage now.  His daughter can be very proud of what he has achieved.   I hope that sometime soon,  he and his family can get their lives back to some sort of normality.  I now have a good feeling about the outcome of this libel trial.

melisande

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.10.13 13:00

A true gentleman. Complete integrity. I am in awe always.

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 29.10.13 13:07

No amount of sleazy PR stunts and bullying litigation can silence this good man. He wants the truth to be known and he's accepting nothing less. Go get 'em Gonçalo.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 29.10.13 13:44

@sallypelt wrote:Does anyone send messages and information to Dr Amaral?  Maybe one day, when all this is done and dusted, those of us, on this forum,  can meet with GA in London, or somewhere of his choosing. If this could become reality, I am prepared to contribute to a fund to finance  Dr Amaral's  trip to the UK, if he's prepared to come.

Edited to say I have had an instant private message to say "count me in"
PM sends info to him sallypelt.

I`m sure there would be plenty of people wanting to contribute, but he seems to be a private man, one who does not like fuss. I could be wrong of course.  Does he speak English?

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.10.13 13:48

No he doesn't but I'm sure that he has translators readily available.

Back to top Go down

Latest from Joana Morais

Post by GRACEFUL1 on 29.10.13 18:29

Goncalo Amaral speaks about how the 'Maddie' case has affected his family life
Goncalo Amaral speaks about how the 'Maddie' case has affected his family life
29 October 2013 | Posted by Joana Morais Leave a Comment

“I've been worried about my youngest daughter”

Translation base/Scans by Rolanda M.R. | Corrections/extras by J.M. | Article by Alexandra Ferreira

The former inspector says that he is tranquil with the ongoing trial and that there is too much “publicity and misinformation ” to keep in the media limelight a case that has caused severe moral damages to his life.

How did you react to the news that the English Police are investigating new leads?

With calm and tranquillity. I know what this is about, what the authors intend with such news, but anyone who has been following the case throughout the years, will be able to discern among the trashy publicity what is really at stake, and that is an intolerable
pressure over a Portuguese court.

Are there changes in the case?

There is no change, there is nothing really new, we continue as it was in 2008 when the process was archived. The authors of the civil action seem to be very creative, so we need to wait for a bolt of their creativity and imagination.

In the ongoing trial which opposes you against the McCanns, they are asking you for 1.2 million euro for defamation.

What is a stake is a trial for the crime of having an opinion, something which is unthinkable in the free and democratic Portugal post-25 de Abril [Carnation Revolution that freed Portugal from 48 years of dictatorship]. Actually, there are no facts to sustain that demand for indemnification(...) The authors of the action want  others to believe that my opinion as well as of those who worked with me, Portuguese and English police, which was expressed in the book and in the documentary, has harmed their efforts to find the child and has caused them moral damages. However this premise lacks precise facts.

Are you satisfied with the way the trial is going?

Common sense tells me not to jump to conclusions, and to await with calm and serenity for the final decision. However, the publicity and the campaign of misinformation and intoxication that is taking place, by the authors of the civil action, seems to evidence that the same are not very happy with the progress of the trial and feel the need to influence the outcome.

ongoing

in Nova Gente magazine, week from 21 to 27 of October 2013, edition 1936, pages 42 to 46, paper edition

McCanns could face court over report

by Gerard Couzens

THE parents of Madeleine McCann faced further pressure yesterday after ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral hinted he may fight them in court over a key report they allegedly held back.

Gerry and Kate McCann were accused at the weekend of sidelining the 2008 report by former MI5 investigators they hired after it pinpointed ‘anomalies’ in statements they and their friends made.

The result was that e-fits of the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann’s abduction – hidden for five years in the unpublished report – were only made public this month during a new Met Police appeal.

The report said Irish holidaymaker Martin Smith’s sighting of a man carrying a girl in pyjamas near the McCann’s Algarve holiday apartment was ‘credible evidence’ which had been ‘neglected for too long.’

Mr Amaral’s lawyer said last night he was considering raising the issue in the couple’s ongoing libel trial against the former police.

The McCanns are seeking one million pounds in damages over the ex-detective’s claims in his July 2008 book The Truth of the Lie that they faked their daughter’s abduction to cover up her death in their holiday flat.

Vitor Santos de Oliveira, who is representing Mr Amaral, said: ‘We are aware of the revelations concerning this report by the McCanns’ former investigators and believe they are very important.

‘It is possible I may try to submit it as evidence to defend my client but I haven’t decided yet.

‘Nothing’s been ruled out. We are analysing the relevance of the report and considering our position. We have no intention of introducing irrelevant material into this case because we respect the McCanns as people and have no intention of harming them for sake of it,’ he said.

‘But I can tell you that if we feel something is relevant in disproving the McCanns’ claims about my client then we will have no hesitation in using it.

‘I think the revelations about the suppression of this report are very important with regards to the ongoing criminal case.

‘It’s a report written by McCann-hired investigators who make strong criticisms of the couple.

‘As far as the civil libel case is going we are very calm,’ Mr de Oliveira continued.

‘My client’s arguments in his book have been backed up in court by his former police colleagues who say it was the police position in 2008 when the book was published.’

The ongoing libel case launched by the McCanns against Mr Amaral is due to restart next Tuesday.

in Irish Daily Mail, 29 out 2013, paper edition

GRACEFUL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 29.10.13 19:40

Thank you for posting Graceful1.

I don't blame Mr. A. for using the information if it helps with his defence.

I did like that the solicitor said he respects Mr. & Mrs. as people and would not use anything for the sake of it.

IMO they should never have started this libel action.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by davidslewgoliath on 29.10.13 20:21

Goncalo Amaral - what a wonderfully inspiring human being!

davidslewgoliath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum