The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gente Magazine 21 to 27/10/2013 Page 42 to Page 45 Interview with Goncalo Amaral

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gente Magazine 21 to 27/10/2013 Page 42 to Page 45 Interview with Goncalo Amaral

Post by TMH on 29.10.13 0:08

Gente Magazine 21 to 27/10/2013 Page 42 to Page 45

Goncalo Amaral tells how the Maddie case has affected his family life

He is worried about his youngest child

How did you react to the news that the English Police are investigating new leads?

Calmly and with tranquillity. I know what this is about, what the parties want by putting out this news, but anybody who has followed the case through the years, will be able to discern the trashy publicity and what is really at stake. Also, the purpose of this is to the pressure on the Portuguese courts.

Are there changes in the case?

There are no changes, there is nothing new, it’s continuing as was in 2008 when it was filed away. The parties involved in the civil action seem to be very creative, so that is why we need to wait for a bolt of their creativity and imagination.

In the libel civil court case brought by the McCanns, they are asking you for 1.2 million Euros

The reason behind this case is that offence was taken on an opinion, which was unthinkable of in a Democratic and free Portugal post the 25th of April revolution. In truth, there are no facts that support the demand for a pay-out based on libel. The people that brought this action want to make it known that I and those that worked alongside me, Portuguese and English Police, as communicated in the book and documentary placed the search for Maddie in jeopardy as well as cause them psychological damages. This theory however fails on several levels.

Are you unhappy with the progress of the case?

My sensible nature doesn’t allow me to jump to conclusions, I will wait for the courts’ decision with calmness and tranquility. However, the publicity and disinformation campaign, the intoxication along the way, by the parties who have initiated this case, seems to indicate that they are not happy with the progress of the case because they are trying to influence the final result.

It was noted that the McCann friends who dined with them, the night Maddie disappeared that night, were not present in court.

Perhaps it’s a strategy on their part, but their absence did not go amiss. At the end of the day, who better than those that holidayed with the McCanns, throughout the years, and were house friends prior to the 3rd of May 2007, to give evidence about the “before and after” effect of the case on their lives.

Any witnesses important to your defense?

It was important to unmask the Psychologist in court by discovering that he merely has a degree in Social Sciences, and did one Psychology subject, meaning, that he isn’t a psychologist and isn’t qualified to assess the case. Equally important was the testimony of my colleagues who worked with me on this missing case. They remembered an interview the McCanns gave to a weekly Portuguese magazine in September 2008, a month after the book was published, where they devalued its content, and said they would not sue me for it. Such is life.

We were subject to the biggest slur on us personally and professionally, it was a shameful and vile the campaign against us.

Did you request the case be heard behind closed doors?

It’s true, we wanted to avoid what is happening.Judgements in the public arena, disinformation campaigns, obsessions and how it impacts negatively on the decision of the court which needs to be free, objective and based on law.

When you were heading the investigation did you feel pressure?

During the investigation all our work was under the microscope, and we were subject to personal and professional insults. It was shameful. The book, Maddie the truth of the lie, covers the first six months of the investigation. The case was closed in 2008. It’s normal for an investigation to have advances and setbacks, having a beginning, middle and an end. Therefore, it cannot be said that the case was finalised or that the evidence that existed at the end of September 2007, led to a different conclusion or was set aside.

What was your impression of the McCann couple after you met them?

Besides the mother of the child’s expectation that tea should be served, and the father acting totally disinterested in anything but the theory of an abduction, I remember that in his phone calls to England, he always referred to an abduction by a paedophile ring. It could have been a mere idea, but instead it was an obsession.

What is the motive that Kate didn’t answer more than 40 questions?

When they she became an Arguido she was entitled to that right and she used it. Answering the questions may have been the duty of a mother, a duty of a mother who was worried about her child’s disappearance, answering the questions without fear no matter how sensitive they may have been to her.

What type of sentiments do the McCanns hold for you?

In my opinion, they are very bitter and vindictive. Not only towards me, but to all those that have their own opinions which differ to theirs; and to people who won’t allow themselves to be influenced by their media campaign.

Would you have liked to have found their child?

We did everything to solve this case. The people who brought this civil case against me, are only worried about themselves, with their image, what happens today. I remember the mother’s words on finding out she was being charged, “What will the press say?” and “What will my parents think?”

From the mouth of the people who brought this civil action, they never had any appreciation for the policemen that worked on this case. Men and women that neglected their families, far from home, while searching for their missing child. The only thing I heard, once the case was closed, was they would sue the Police. However, they ended up suing one of the Investigators, the one that publically, in my right to defend myself, made known what had happened in the first months of the criminal investigation.

Six years of survival

Since the Madeleine McCann case began, he saw his life turned upside down. He was forced to retire early, divorced, moved to Lisbon far from his child, Ines, lost his father with whom he shared a house, fell ill, lost weight……Were they difficult times?

This question described everything that happened, except my mother’s death in 2009 after a long illness. At the time, internet sites which supported the people who are suing me, accused me in a cowardly way of having murdered my mother. They even detailed the manner with which I murdered her.

There are people that cannot maintain objectivity, who can’t analyse the case without linking those involved. If they could analyse by merely focusing on the fact that there is a missing child, the circumstances that the child disappeared under, they would not feel the need to abuse and insult people that were merely doing their jobs. With regards to my private life, these six years were a fight for my physical, mental and emotional survival. It has forced me to establish a new life, with ideas and projects for the future, separating situations. My life will run alongside this case, but it will not cross or be influenced by it, which is not easy, but which I think I have found a way.

Have you found yourself feeling defeated or depressed?

Luckily I don’t know what it is like to feel depressed and the need to give up or feel defeated are not in my nature.

You won your action against the pulping of the Truth of the lie. Have they returned your books?

The books have been returned to my Editor but I haven’t been reimbursed for them. There still hangs over me actions by the people that initiated this case (McCanns)

Any work or books in the offing?

I have a manuscript entitled, Madeleine: Unfinished investigation. I haven’t as yet looked for a publisher. I am also writing another book regarding my work investigating violent and organised crime. It will concentrate on the method of investigation.

What will happen after the court decision?

My expectations are to continue with my life, help those close to me, to serve Portuguese Society, once the case is finalised. My daughter, Ines, says there are lots of children and young adults who need healthy lives, authors of their own lives, and to be happy.

Amaral considers suing McCanns for impact on his child, Ines.

I have been thinking about that possibility, and it’s too early for me to come to a decision. I have to think of my child, Ines, and how the extension of this situation would impact on her.

How have you kept in touch with her?

It has been very difficult, distance doesn’t help, but I have kept in touch with her. Amidst all this, I worry about my child, not so long ago she asked me what is happening with the court case, if I would be arrested. Ines is the same age as Maddie would have been, had she lived, and reacts badly to any information relating to this case. Whenever she hears Maddie’s name, she says she had enough of hearing the name and doesn’t want to hear it anymore. To her there are other children that need the attention, love, care and she is one of them. Her world was rocked when she saw her father being attacked and insulted , even before the publication of this book, she had to leave the house where she was born, the school she belonged to and to live far from her father.

Ines is a victim of the arrogance and lack of common sense of the McCanns, who claim they are Catholics, but as Christians they have little or nothing.

TMH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gente Magazine 21 to 27/10/2013 Page 42 to Page 45 Interview with Goncalo Amaral

Post by worriedmum on 29.10.13 0:46

Thanking you for posting this. Truly humbling to read.

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gente Magazine 21 to 27/10/2013 Page 42 to Page 45 Interview with Goncalo Amaral

Post by justthinking on 29.10.13 0:58

very, very, gracious. What an example of patient endurance.

justthinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by listener on 29.10.13 1:21

@TMH wrote:

Would you have liked to have found their child?

We did everything to solve this case. The people who brought this civil case against me, are only worried about themselves, with their image, what happens today. I remember the mother’s words on finding out she was being charged, “What will the press say?” and “What will my parents think?”

From the mouth of the people who brought this civil action, they never had any appreciation for the policemen that worked on this case. Men and women that neglected their families, far from home, while searching for their missing child. The only thing I heard, once the case was closed, was they would sue the Police. However, they ended up suing one of the Investigators, the one that publically, in my right to defend myself, made known what had happened in the first months of the criminal investigation.

Yes, thank-you TMH
The above stood out for me !

listener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sietah on 29.10.13 1:27

Sietah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 29.10.13 4:39

C´mon Goncalo thumbsup

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 29.10.13 5:27

TMH...thank you so much for posting this.

It's difficult to know what to say about the level of abuse this policeman and his family, his young daughter in particular, have suffered at the hands of two vindictive NHS doctors and their vile supporters.

"I have a manuscript entitled, Madeleine: Unfinished investigation." high5 

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spandex on 29.10.13 5:43

Gracious in the fight against unprecedented adversity I salute you and wish you the best in your fight for the truth Sr Amarel

Spandex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 29.10.13 5:59

This will please the MauCanns, (mau means bad).

Can never forget in her book kate saying  she didn't see anybody searching when she went out at 6am the next day, saying "WHY NOT "!
Did she?? No,  because Gerry told her to stay inside!

lol4

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtclogs on 29.10.13 6:03

Mr Goncalo Amaral  youaretheman youaretheman youaretheman 

celtclogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 29.10.13 6:08

I am aware of the evil within this case. I had a paralyzing nightmare during the night because of it. What I have just read by Goncalo only confirms what we are up against.

He is light against dark and a great inspiration to those who are locked in this battle against inordinate wickedness.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 29.10.13 6:22

GA has  always impressed me in interviews by a balanced view of the case. Never descending to slurs but always factual.

What he didn't mention is that the family dog was killed - perhaps to intimidate him. 

The open letter Sophia Amaral wrote to Kate tells you all you need to know about them. The letter is about honour, duty and respect, concepts foreign to TM imo. 

We now hear from him that all the publicity is merely to imperil the court case. There is nothing new for the PJ. 

Can't imagine the McCanns having a dog, children being demanding enough.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.10.13 7:07

Thanks for posting TMH roses 

Respect and admiration to Goncalo Amaral, a rare breed indeed in the fight for truth and justice. 

Those two morally dispicable Doctors aren't even fit to polish GA's shoes

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 29.10.13 7:18

Goncalo Amaral is an honourable man and it is shameful that he has suffered and continues to suffer from these evil and vindictive people. His integrity is to be admired and he will not be intimidated and diverted.

He stands for Truth and decency among men and I support him in his stand against all these attacks and does not divert from his path to accomplish his rights.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 29.10.13 7:24

@Angelique wrote:Goncalo Amaral is an honourable man and it is shameful that he has suffered and continues to suffer from these evil and vindictive people. His integrity is to be admired and he will not be intimidated and diverted.

He stands for Truth and decency among men and I support him in his stand against all these attacks and does not divert from his path to accomplish his rights.

good post,i second that

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krangky on 29.10.13 7:25

Goncalo Amaral. I salute you, Sir.

Krangky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 29.10.13 7:50

Brilliant interview.

Look how much he's lost in the last 5 years and he still has to put up with these vultures.

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 29.10.13 8:27

I feel so sorry for Amaral's daughter as well as for him and the rest of his family and ex-wife. 

I think his persistence will pay off. Let's hope so and he wins the libel case.

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya on 29.10.13 8:38

Sr Amaral is at the opposite end of the moral spectrum from the McCanns.  I am so proud to have contributed to his defence fund (although in a very small way) and hope he has felt encouraged by the messages he has received from England. Forca Goncalo!

Ashwarya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 29.10.13 8:48

Thanks for OP.

He won our admiration not just for being honourable and also considerate of his foe's feelings but for his determination not to let them kick him into the gutter and bankrupt his family.   They have tried their hardest but it looks to me (cross fingers) as though he knows they will not win the action against him.

I was thinking about their action earlier and the indefinable fear they say they have  - and yet I have read that Mrs. wants Mr. Amaral to feel fear.

So she takes out a civil action because amongst other things she has this indefinable fear but then says she would like Mr. Amaral to feel the same way!

I believe that they feel so bitter toward him that they have not thought things through sensibly.

To feel frightened is a very awful thing and she publicly admits to wanting him to feel that way.   Disgraceful in my book.

Her eldest daughter has felt fear, fear because she was left alone with her siblings on several nights in an unfamiliar surrounding and then she vanished, just disappeared from the family she loved.  Nobody can imagine how that poor little girl felt, that to me must be indescribable fear.

Why would she wish that feeling on anybody else.    DISGRACEFUL to say such a thing imo.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 29.10.13 8:51

Predictable what twitter and the coven will be like today re- this piece.  I felt a mixture of sadness and respect reading this ;  after all this time, to retain the integrity despite what he has gone through, to stand up for the truth, is the mark of a very special person.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 29.10.13 9:03

If they felt hatred towards Amaral , they must feel the same for the entire police force and British police officers who didn't believe them, Martin Grimes and his sniffer dogs. And now the article in the Sunday times, will they be sued next? Why no comment about this then? And no comment about Metodo 3?

Amaral had to push his daughter out of the way because of the mccanns. BUT someone like him who has courage to fight for truth and justice will go down in history especially because the British are looking silly with all this going on.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 29.10.13 9:08

@plebgate wrote:Thanks for OP.

He won our admiration not just for being honourable and also considerate of his foe's feelings but for his determination not to let them kick him into the gutter and bankrupt his family.   They have tried their hardest but it looks to me (cross fingers) as though he knows they will not win the action against him.

I was thinking about their action earlier and the indefinable fear they say they have  - and yet I have read that Mrs. wants Mr. Amaral to feel fear.

So she takes out a civil action because amongst other things she has this indefinable fear but then says she would like Mr. Amaral to feel the same way!

I believe that they feel so bitter toward him that they have not thought things through sensibly.

To feel frightened is a very awful thing and she publicly admits to wanting him to feel that way.   Disgraceful in my book.

Her eldest daughter has felt fear, fear because she was left alone with her siblings on several nights in an unfamiliar surrounding and then she vanished, just disappeared from the family she loved.  Nobody can imagine how that poor little girl felt, that to me must be indescribable fear.

Why would she wish that feeling on anybody else.    DISGRACEFUL to say such a thing imo.
Plebgate, I agree with all you say and not forgetting Kate would forgive the abductor though wft 

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 29.10.13 9:11

I had forgotten that Jozi, could forgive Maddie's abductor after what I have read she thought the abductor might have done to her little girl.

As you say  WTF.

edited - spelling.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GRACEFUL1 on 29.10.13 9:14

Occasionally in our lifetimes we are blessed to witness true Hero's doing what to them is the naturally right thing to do. They have no other option no other way to go. G.A. and  T.B. are two such valiant Hero's! May they be blessed with courage and strength to stand firm in the face of all adversity. 'God Bless Goncalo Amaral' at the conclusion of the libel trial of which there is no case to answer. He deserves the McCanns unceasing gratitude and applause for his continual care in respect of their negligence. roses

GRACEFUL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum