The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Katie Hopkins

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by Praiaaa on 29.10.13 19:09

A crime in  the Portuguese jurisdiction would be be judged by a judge, not a jury in any case. And if there  were a crime or crimes to be answered in the UK by a jury, there are plenty of well-publicised cases tried  recently - Chris Huhne, the Philpotts - they could easily have claimed too much publicity to be unbiased but they went ahead.

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by galena on 29.10.13 19:21

@Woofer wrote:She has the most unfortunate personality but I agree with a lot she says.  In a way I wish she wasn`t on the same side as me as her arrogance and brazen honesty can sometimes do more harm. I don`t follow her on twitter - don`t want to encourage her arrogance !
Have to agree - I'd prefer as a pro. Can't stand the woman!

galena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 29.10.13 21:14

only heard of Katie recently but i have to say i do  agree with some of the things she say's.like if you don't want someone looking at your Cleavage cover it up, or if somebody at work crack's your Arse get em told..i wouldn't mind having her on my team at work but i also would't read a book by it's cover.

petunia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 29.10.13 22:14

I don't know what to make of her if I'm totally honest. I can't decide if she truly believes what she says, or she's just trying to be clever in as much as, when the mystery gets solved.  She'll do the "look at me , I was the only person who had the guts to speak my mind" sort of thing.

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 29.10.13 22:26

I think Katie is absolutely genuine. She said what many are
afraid to express, especially if they are well known. Has any other celebrity been so publicly critical of the Mccanns and their story?

juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sofa on 29.10.13 22:29

It doesn't matter if she didn't mean what she said, at least she said it, she mentioned the golden book, she mentioned this website, that's good enough IMO

sofa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 29.10.13 22:32

I believe she is fed up with this case.
Her other stuff she does on this morning i just think she has realised she can make a few quid from being a bit controversial.

Fair play to her for sticking her career on the line though.thumbsup

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J4MM on 29.10.13 22:40

@sofa wrote:It doesn't matter if she didn't mean what she said, at least she said it, she mentioned the golden book, she mentioned this website, that's good enough IMO
I agree.  If she's putting it out there, then it's all good.

J4MM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 30.10.13 14:45

As an occasional Marxist/Feminist and wannabe anarchist, she is not exactly my cup of Twinings, but she does at least have a voice - 67,000 followers on twitter I believe.  

I do find some of the things Kate says absolutely appalling, but she has her audience - the starched bloomers, cauliflower perm brigade.  To them, she is Maggie Thatcher reincarnated. The backbone of Britain, a slighted more educated version of Hyacinth Bucket, she says out loud what the blue rinse ladies of the Womens Institute are thinking, but are much too polite to say.  I can't make my mind up whether she is raving bonkers or very astute - in a bums on seats sort of way. I have on occasion roared with laughter at some of things she has said - to my shame, I find bitchy humour/gossip hilarious, so I might be able to get through a bottle of Chablis (never Chardonnay) with her, before we got to handbags at dawn.  

I'm loathe to say I like Kate, but I do find her compelling viewing even if you do have to watch the screen through fingers, she defends her antiquated beliefs with such sincerity, that she has 75% of the viewers screaming 'let me at her' from their sofas. In telling us to judge innocent children by the ill chosen names given to them by their drunken parents*, the television network were inundated with calls from outraged high achieving Tylers and Chardonnays and effectively the controversy spread the alternate message of altruism and equality. I am not quite sure if it was an own goal, or if she has a cunning plan.

In coming out of the closet on the McCanns, she has risked offending those who usually empathise with her beliefs.  Her core fan base.  This could be a good thing. If an 'intelligent' woman like Katie Hopkins is willing to challenge the 'McCanns are innocent' ideology then the WI coffee morning will be buzzing with talk of cadaver dogs, the hidden report, the tapas pact and the dodgy Fund. You dupe these formidable women at your peril! 

Kate Hopkins is clearly barmy, but perhaps we should give her the benefit of the doubt, and think of her as Margaret Rutherford (albeit younger) accidentally transposed into the wrong era. Somewhere within her skew whiff views, there lies that wonderful Englishness that shouts 'I say old chap, something's not right here, we can't have that'. She is one of those infuriating women who get things done, rather than talk about it for hours and put it off for another week.  If Kate wishes to take up the banner for the missing child, then her refreshing (startling) honesty should be welcomed.  

*I applaud well chosen and ill chosen children's names, even those thought up by drunken sentimental parents, bah, especially those thought up by drunken sentimental parents.   If I had had my way, my elder son would have been called Jean-yves after a wonderful character I was watching in an afternoon drama I watched daily whilst waiting for the little tyke to arrive.  Luckily for him, he was born by caesarian and his father got to tell them what to put on his name tag before I came round!

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 31.10.13 16:38

Breaking news, will check if twitter reliable.... it might be a joke given her recent McCann tweets  : KH has been hired by the Sun as a columnist.

Given how snobbish she is [ or pretends to be , to make a living out of being obnoxious and controversial ] I can't imagine her writing for a tabloid like the Sun.

However she will imo say anything to make a fast buck and despite her McCann remarks I have nothing but contempt for the woman.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 31.10.13 16:53

@russiandoll wrote:Breaking news, will check if twitter reliable.... it might be a joke given her recent McCann tweets  : KH has been hired by the Sun as a columnist.

Given how snobbish she is [ or pretends to be , to make a living out of being obnoxious and controversial ] I can't imagine her writing for a tabloid like the Sun.

However she will imo say anything to make a fast buck and despite her McCann remarks I have nothing but contempt for the woman.
If true I believe they will not let her say anything about Mr. & Mrs. in the column unless favourable remarks.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 31.10.13 17:31

That's one way of keeping her mouth shut

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on 31.10.13 23:13

20-year-old Steven Cook went missing in Crete in 2005 and his family have been looking for him ever since. They need more assistance from the government. Is there any chance of someone with a Twitter account sending Katie Hopkins the links to this story and the petition? Perhaps she could tweet it to her followers.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/56038
http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/10770409.Family_of_missing_Steven_Cook_appeal_for_the_public_s_help_in_getting_more_resources?ref=nt

Northwich Guardian
Family of missing Steven Cook appeal for the public's help in getting more resources
30th October 2013
Emma Rigby

MORE than eight years after his disappearance, the Northwich brother of missing Sandbach man Steven Cook has renewed appeals to help find him. The 20-year-old went missing during the first day of a holiday with friends in Malia, Crete, on September 1, 2005. The former Sandbach School pupil, who was studying business and marketing at Liverpool University, was part of a group that was taken on a bar crawl around Malia by holiday reps. Steven became separated from his friend, and is known to have walked in the wrong direction from his hotel, toward the town of Sissi.

This week, Steven’s brother, Comberbach resident Chris Cook, told the Guardian the family has launched a petition appealing for more Government backing in the wake of the Madeleine McCann investigation. Chris says the family deserves to be given the same amount of help as the McCanns in their desperate hunt to find Steven. “We were told that the Madeleine McCann investigation was given so much help because the Met asked for it personally, but it has since come out that it was actually the Home Office that requested the investigation. “Every missing person should be given the same amount of resources and we just felt that every time we asked for police we were told to speak to someone else, who then sent us back to the same person – we were just going round in circles.”

Chris’s wife, Liz, posted a link to a petition on the Find Steven Cook Facebook page, saying: “We’re making a big push to the Government to give us the help we so desperately need. Please sign and ask your friends and family to do the same.” Since then, Steven’s appeal has been retweeted by Steven Gerrard and Eastenders’ Adam Woodyatt and more than 1,400 people have signed the petition. “We just need to spread the word,” said Chris. “We need 100,000 signatures for it to be taken seriously. We have had so much help and support from people, both here and in Crete, and we need that to continue so we can bring Steven home to where he belongs.”

The Cook family, who have dedicated the last eight years searching for Steven – who would now be 28 – were given fresh hope this year following a possible sighting on the Greek island of Rhodes.  Unlike previous sightings, the witnesses were not aware of Steven’s case prior to the sighting and it was only when they saw a photograph of him at the airport that they realised who it was.  Chris added: “I never thought eight-years-ago, sitting at work, completely oblivious to everything that was going on that I would get that phone call that would rip the bottom out of my world. “The last eight years have been hard and very stressful for the family but we believe that Steven is out there.” The family continues to offer a 7,000 Euro reward for information leading to Steven’s whereabouts.

To sign the petition, visit epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/56038 and visit findstevencook.co.uk for more information about Steven.
Anyone who has information about Steven’s whereabouts should contact the family via the Find Steven Cook Facebook page.
http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/10770409.Family_of_missing_Steven_Cook_appeal_for_the_public_s_help_in_getting_more_resources?ref=nt
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

HM GOVERNMENT PETITION
e-petition

Help Steven Cook get more Government backing

Responsible department: Home Office

Steven Cook went missing on the 31st August/1st September 2005 in Malia, Crete. He has never been seen since, and a police investigation by the Greek police was inconclusive.

Steven's family are appealing to the government for the same amount of help that has been offered to the McCann's (37 dedicated officers from the Met. reviewing the information from the initial investigation)

Please help us by signing the petition and showing support for Stevens case.

www.findstevencook.co.uk

The Home Office is responsible for the government’s overall strategy and priorities on equality issues and aims to improve equality and reduce discrimination and disadvantage for all, at work, in public and political life, and in people’s life chances.
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/56038

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Pinto on 01.11.13 7:33

Katie Hopkins tweeted that she will be "on the sofa" next week discussing certain issues, I tweeted her back asking if she would be discussing Madeleine - here is her reply -

Karen Pinto ‏@KSLPinto 13h
@KTHopkins Any mention on Maddie??

Katie Hopkins ‏@KTHopkins 13h
@KSLPinto not this week - but it is in the pipeline x

Karen Pinto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 01.11.13 8:33

Thanks for info. Karen Pinto.   Will be interesting to see how much she is allowed to say.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 01.11.13 15:57

@russiandoll wrote:Breaking news, will check if twitter reliable.... it might be a joke given her recent McCann tweets  : KH has been hired by the Sun as a columnist.

I can't abide the woman either but I would love to see her discussing KM and her childcare with lorraine. big grin 

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 01.11.13 16:26

Better still stick her beside KM on the sofa to debate childcare. Just like this discussion.

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.11.13 20:51

Never a dull moment in her discussions ...
Hate her or like her ...
Yes, I'd just love to see her next to KM on a sofa :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 01.11.13 22:00

Hmmmmm,would like to know when she was given the sun job.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 01.11.13 22:16

IMO all this PC nonsense is getting ridiculous. 

If any of my family were fat, I would tell them, if they smelled or had bad breath I would tell them because if you don't someone else will.

It's different I feel if people pass remarks about something a person cannot alter about themselves, but people can lose weight, they can wash and they can clean their teeth. Simples.

That other woman on the sofa, had to turn her off.   PC Brigade IMO.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Peru on 03.11.13 18:27

I cannot believe the amount of people who are wishing for a sofa showdown between KH and KM. Since when did Katie Hopkins don Gary Cooper's white stetson and ride into town on her white charger? 

This is a individual who would discriminate against children on the grounds of forename, hair colour, weight, social class, etc. Is this really whom people would wish to see as the 'poster girl' of the campaign to find the truth behind the events of 3rd May 2007?

Do you really think her half-an-evening's tweeting is the result of compassion or deep feeling of justice for Madeleine? No, she found a convenient topic to reel off a few 140 character soundbites, cause a bit of a stir, then move on to her next victims. 

I'm all for seeing K&G get their comeuppance, but KH isn't the one to do it. She ain't the wiliest sheriff in the canyon, she's a narcissistic opportunist looking to take down another couple of bandits who are already under heavy fire.

Bobby Peru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 03.11.13 18:32

It will never happen.

I think people are hoping it will because so far there has been nobody else in the public eye willing to utter anything about them.

The one I would like to see is - JON GAUNT, radio presenter.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 11.11.13 7:07

@Karen Pinto wrote:Katie Hopkins tweeted that she will be "on the sofa" next week discussing certain issues, I tweeted her back asking if she would be discussing Madeleine - here is her reply -

Karen Pinto ‏@KSLPinto 13h
@KTHopkins Any mention on Maddie??

Katie Hopkins ‏@KTHopkins 13h
@KSLPinto not this week - but it is in the pipeline x
Any updates?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 11.11.13 7:29

The sun has article about Maddie abductor today the long haired one seen by JT.
He tried with another girl weeks before acc to 'anonymous' source

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleneP on 11.11.13 7:36

hahaha Tanner Man is risen again. Poor SY.

MarleneP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum