The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

EXPRESS ARTICLE 28-10-2013 Mm11

EXPRESS ARTICLE 28-10-2013 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

EXPRESS ARTICLE 28-10-2013 Mm11

EXPRESS ARTICLE 28-10-2013 Regist10

EXPRESS ARTICLE 28-10-2013

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EXPRESS ARTICLE 28-10-2013 Empty EXPRESS ARTICLE 28-10-2013

Post by Smokeandmirrors 28.10.13 7:21

Below is an article from today Express copied and pasted. Very interesting. States now looking at events before and after the disappearance. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police set to interview former handy men who worked at Madeleine holiday club

POLICE probing Madeleine McCann’s disappearance want to interview two odd-job men who worked at the Algarve holiday club where she ­vanished.

By: Anil DawarPublished: Mon, October 28, 2013
 0Comments
Police want to interview two handy men who worked at the club where Madeleine McCann went missing [EPA]

The pair had worked inside the McCann family’s apartment two days before she was snatched. They later told police a gang of gypsies were responsible for burglaries in the area.

The Portuguese men are just two of 41 on a Scotland Yard list of “people of interest”. They were employed at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz.

A separate case review by Portuguese police has also come to the conclusion that resort employees could hold the key to Madeleine’s disappearance in May 2007.

Both forces have run exhaustive background checks on a number of people questioned during the original inquiry. But according to Portuguese public prosecutors the investigations turned up “very little”.

Madeleine disappeared from the holiday flat whilst her parents were out for dinner [PA]

Luis Ferro and Mario Moreira were ordered to flat 5A to mend a broken blind in parents Kate and Gerry McCann’s bedroom around 10am on May 1, 2007
More than 130 employees were quizzed by detectives led by former police chief Goncalo Amaral in the original inquiry .

They included the two maintenance workers who fixed a window blind in the McCanns’ holiday apartment two days before the three-year-old went missing.

Luis Ferro and Mario Moreira were ordered to flat 5A to mend a broken blind in parents Kate and Gerry McCann’s bedroom around 10am on May 1, 2007.

During an interview four days after Madeleine vanished Mr Ferro blamed gypsies for a spate of thefts in the area but offered no information on how the youngster disappeared. The handyman told officers he saw Roma stealing firewood from one of the resort’s warehouses about four months before the girl’s disappearance.

Mr Moreira, who had been working at the Ocean Club for 20 years when he was interviewed, said he had not noticed anything strange in the days leading up to Madeleine’s disappearance and was at home at the time. Police involved in the initial probe reported at the time: “Nothing relevant or useful for the ongoing investigation came out of the interviews.

“Nothing was obtained from them that permitted us to follow any new line of investigation.”

Madeleine wen missing six years ago [PA]

Most of the staff working at the Ocean Club when Madeleine disappeared have now moved on. And there is no suggestion the two maintenance workers are in any way connected to Madeleine’s disappearance. The case was reopened earlier last week by ­Portugal’s attorney-general after police in the country unearthed fresh leads. A source close to the case said: “The original inquiry had holes in it. New material relating to what happened before and after Madeleine’s disappearance has been unearthed.

“Connecting that with information in the existing case files has led to more than reasonable suspicions about what happened to Madeleine that night.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/439616/Police-set-to-interview-former-handy-men-who-worked-at-Madeleine-holiday-club

Activity : 2685

Back to top Go down

EXPRESS ARTICLE 28-10-2013 Empty Re: EXPRESS ARTICLE 28-10-2013

Post by justine67 28.10.13 8:15

Had to laught at this from the mirror:

The McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell was unavailable for comment

That's a first big grin
justine67

Activity : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.10.13 8:31

justine67 wrote:
Except to say "Could you push another roll under the door !"

Mitchell is not only implicated in this, but there is always the thought that he was responsible for the suppression.
He controlled everything they did and said, and this may have been his own initiative.
In which case TM may point the finger at him.
They are certainly vindictive and spiteful, malicious, malevolent, nasty, mean-spirited, cruel, and unkind enough to do so.
And that way they could gain some sympathy, as victims of yet another baddy.
It would also allow the Directors of the Fund to claim that they are also victims, and give them some mitigation before sentencing for Conspiracy to Pervert
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 28.10.13 9:07

Just a thought: when is a fund a limited company?  A fund suggests a charitable organisation; by my understanding this is a limited company; as such it is not bound by Charity Comm. checks and balances.
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.10.13 9:18

Maybe he's collected his final pay packet from BK.  It is the end of the month. Mr  Mrs
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28.10.13 9:21

PeterMac wrote:
justine67 wrote:
Except to say "Could you push another roll under the door !"

Mitchell is not only implicated in this, but there is always the thought that he was responsible for the suppression.
He controlled everything they did and said, and this may have been his own initiative.
In which case TM may point the finger at him.
They are certainly vindictive and spiteful, malicious, malevolent, nasty, mean-spirited, cruel, and unkind enough to do so.
And that way they could gain some sympathy, as victims of yet another baddy.
It would also allow the Directors of the Fund to claim that they are also victims, and give them some mitigation before sentencing for Conspiracy to Pervert
Alternatively, Clarence is busy saving his own neck in which case we can expect to see photos of the pink one looking distraught under headlines such as, "I was conned by the McCanns"

This is going to get dirty.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 28.10.13 9:30

Poe wrote:
Alternatively, Clarence is busy saving his own neck in which case we can expect to see photos of  the pink one looking distraught under headlines such as, "I was conned by the McCanns"
I do hope so.
The Tapas 7 may also need to get in quick with their retaliation, before they are sucked down into the morass.
The e-fits are likely to have been brought up at the Rothley Hotel meeting. Which puts them all in the frame for Conspiracy . .
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.10.13 9:39

PeterMac wrote:
Poe wrote:
Alternatively, Clarence is busy saving his own neck in which case we can expect to see photos of  the pink one looking distraught under headlines such as, "I was conned by the McCanns"
I do hope so.
The Tapas 7 may also need to get in quick with their retaliation, before they are sucked down into the morass.
The e-fits are likely to have been brought up at the Rothley Hotel meeting.   Which puts them all in the frame for Conspiracy . .
Oooooohhhhh hadn't thought of that.

I doubt there are very many happy bunnies amongst them at present.
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by DIBarlow 28.10.13 9:53

The chickens are coming home to roost.

Windows and inevitably shutters mentioned once more in UK media. McCann's lies about the jemmied shutters bound to be resurrected.

Gypsies and burglaries myth should be put to bed. In 2006, ONE YEAR before Maddie 'disappeared', it was common practice for UK holiday firms operating in the Algarve to systematically warn newly arrived guests in holiday villas (and no doubt in holiday complexes too) about opportunist thieves, usually youths on mopeds or the like, targeting new arrivals for easy pickings such as mobile phones, cash, cards etc. and to ensure that their villa/apartment was left SECURE at all times.

And then there is the appalling observation by the Met regarding the 5 year suppression of the efits 'not being an issue'! Not being an issue FFS? This is a case concerning a missing girl, aged THREE in 2007.

I suppose the Met will side with the odious McCann observation that 'nothing of value', or some such weasel words, was missing from their apartment?

This case is truly unprecedented for all sorts of reasons.

Someone has to ensure that the perpetrators are brought to justice.
DIBarlow

Activity : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangledweb 28.10.13 9:55

Searcher wrote:Just a thought: when is a fund a limited company?  A fund suggests a charitable organisation; by my understanding this is a limited company; as such it is not bound by Charity Comm. checks and balances.
It was a limited company from day one; raised a lot of eyebrows.  A lot of people incorrectly assumed it was a Charity, and it was referred to as a Charity and never corrected.  If I recall correctly, they even charged people to download the 'Madeleine missing' posters - what sort of people do that?
Tangledweb

Activity : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr What 28.10.13 10:01

I wonder if Law firms and individual lawyers/solicitors/barristers can also be held accountable for the suppression of information?

Presumably, having written to the former McCanns private investigators reminding them to keep their mouths shut, the McCanns' legal representatives must also have known about the e-fits at that time. Or can they merely state that they were acting in the best interests of their clients?
Dr What

Activity : 286

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 28.10.13 10:02

Tangledweb wrote:
Searcher wrote:Just a thought: when is a fund a limited company?  A fund suggests a charitable organisation; by my understanding this is a limited company; as such it is not bound by Charity Comm. checks and balances.
It was a limited company from day one; raised a lot of eyebrows.  A lot of people incorrectly assumed it was a Charity, and it was referred to as a Charity and never corrected.  If I recall correctly, they even charged people to download the 'Madeleine missing' posters - what sort of people do that?
It's quite legitimate for a charity to be a limited company. This is to protect the directors from liability if things go wrong. There are also not for profit companies.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 28.10.13 10:03

DIBarlow wrote:The chickens are coming home to roost.

Windows and inevitably shutters mentioned once more in UK media. McCann's lies about the jemmied shutters bound to be resurrected.

Gypsies and burglaries myth should be put to bed. In 2006, ONE YEAR before Maddie 'disappeared', it was common practice for UK holiday firms operating in the Algarve to systematically warn newly arrived guests in holiday villas (and no doubt in holiday complexes too) about opportunist thieves, usually youths on mopeds or the like, targeting new arrivals for easy pickings such as mobile phones, cash, cards etc. and to ensure that their villa/apartment was left SECURE at all times.

And then there is the appalling observation by the Met regarding the 5 year suppression of the efits 'not being an issue'! Not being an issue FFS? This is a case concerning a missing girl, aged THREE in 2007.

I suppose the Met will side with the odious McCann observation that 'nothing of value', or some such weasel words, was missing from their apartment?

This case is truly unprecedented for all sorts of reasons.

Someone has to ensure that the perpetrators are brought to justice.

Never a truer word imo.  For years when we were holidaying that was one of the first things told to us.  We have visited many countries and they all said the same.

good post.thumbup

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 28.10.13 10:10

The Tapas 7 should have come clean ages ago. Now they are all in deep do-do territory. There must be a string of offences they could be done for, not least pocketing damages at the High Court. That photo of them on the court steps looked like a rogues' gallery even then. If anyone can post it, it would be one for the al-bum.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sietah 28.10.13 10:14

Mirage wrote:The Tapas 7 should have come clean ages ago. Now they are all in deep do-do territory. There must be a string of offences they could be done for, not least pocketing damages at the High Court. That photo of them on the court steps looked like a rogues' gallery even then. If anyone can post it, it would be one for the al-bum.
EXPRESS ARTICLE 28-10-2013 Tapas7+outside+high+court

EXPRESS ARTICLE 28-10-2013 Tapas+seven+high+court

Activity : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by View-from-Ireland 28.10.13 10:22

I think a body language expert would have a field day with that photo.

View-from-Ireland

Activity : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 28.10.13 10:23

Sietah wrote:
Mirage wrote:The Tapas 7 should have come clean ages ago. Now they are all in deep do-do territory. There must be a string of offences they could be done for, not least pocketing damages at the High Court. That photo of them on the court steps looked like a rogues' gallery even then. If anyone can post it, it would be one for the al-bum.

And to think they paid their "libel" payments back into the Fund. Now, I wonder why they did that???
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 28.10.13 10:25

Tangledweb wrote:It was a limited company from day one; raised a lot of eyebrows.  A lot of people incorrectly assumed it was a Charity, and it was referred to as a Charity and never corrected.  If I recall correctly, they even charged people to download the 'Madeleine missing' posters - what sort of people do that?
The sort that are run like a business. 

A money-making business of course.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 28.10.13 10:30

Angelique wrote:
Tangledweb wrote:It was a limited company from day one; raised a lot of eyebrows.  A lot of people incorrectly assumed it was a Charity, and it was referred to as a Charity and never corrected.  If I recall correctly, they even charged people to download the 'Madeleine missing' posters - what sort of people do that?
The sort that are run like a business. 

A money-making business of course.
With a registered charity, there are many restrictions. I have a not for profit company, and I looked into registering it as a charity, but as it was set up with my own money, and not a penny from anywhere else, I didn't like the restrictions that a registered charity has.
sallypelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 28.10.13 10:32

Sietah wrote:

Thanks Sietah. I hope they enjoy their trip down memory lane as much as I do. Russell O' Brien was feeling a little camera shy that day. Maybe he was at home washing soiled laundry. Come to think of it, maybe he is today.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by justine67 28.10.13 10:38

Thanks Sietah. I hope they enjoy their trip down memory lane as much as I do. Russell O' Brien was feeling a little camera shy that day. Maybe he was at home washing soiled laundry. Come to think of it, maybe he is today.
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin
justine67

Activity : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 28.10.13 10:47

justine67 wrote:
Their undergarments are probably way past the laundering stage. More likely to need disposing of via a controlled explosion on some remote archipelago in the Pacific somewhere, although I wouldn't wish that on the wildlife.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 28.10.13 10:59

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
justine67 wrote:
Their undergarments are probably way past the laundering stage. More likely to need disposing of via a controlled explosion on some remote archipelago in the Pacific somewhere, although I wouldn't wish that on the wildlife. [/quote
Mirage:

Yeah. They would even want to take control of vapourising their own underwear.
Mirage

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors 28.10.13 11:08

Mirage wrote:
Smokeandmirrors wrote:
justine67 wrote:
Their undergarments are probably way past the laundering stage. More likely to need disposing of via a controlled explosion on some remote archipelago in the Pacific somewhere, although I wouldn't wish that on the wildlife.

[color=#ff3366]Yeah. They would even want to take control of vapourising their own underwear.

spit coffee  whacky 

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 28.10.13 13:21

Please note just how respectful this article is towards the Portugese authorities! When do you last hear that tone in an article re the McCann disappearance, in a UK popular tabloid newspaper...?
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top