The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by divinetheswine on 30.10.13 9:13

Mirage, I believe that Humanist is referring to a post by Dee Coy on the previous page. And interpreting it completely wrong. And in poor taste in my opinion.

divinetheswine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 30.10.13 9:24

@divinetheswine wrote:Mirage, I believe that Humanist is referring to a post by Dee Coy on the previous page. And interpreting it completely wrong. And in poor taste in my opinion.
Thanks for that, divinetheswine.

I am meticulous about wording my posts and spend a fair amount of time organising my thoughts to be clear and precise in meaning. This response is so bizarre and non-sequitur that it draws my attention immediately, and not in a nice way.

Perhaps Humanist would like to come on and clear up the muddle so that no one's position is compromised.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 30.10.13 10:26

@Humanist wrote:To the poster above - yes I agree Huntley was set up.  There are plenty of links if you type innocence of Huntley with people doing as much research as in the case that say he was set up. 
As with any case there are those who don't believe the official findings.  I believe there is talk of someone from the USA airbase being invloved which was near to where Holly and Jessica bodies were found.  But the evidence tells you the girls were in Huntleys home, he admitted they were and that there was 'an accident', their clothes were found in the school where he had access. 

It's a good story like any gossip but there's nothing to suggest it's true.

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 30.10.13 11:53

The dead guy they talking about,is that Mario,the men who repaired the shutter door in 5A?

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 30.10.13 12:02

@NickE wrote:The dead guy they talking about,is that Mario,the men who repaired the shutter door in 5A?
Called in by the McCanns due to GM being heavy-handed with the shutters?

Come to think of it, how many witnesses to the McCanns' activities before, during and after 3/5/07 are now defunct?

So there's this Mario -shutter man.
Mrs Fenn
Clement Freud

ETA How is the plumber's health these days? The one called in to show them how to use the washing machine? Should have asked Russell O'Brien. He knew.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SET-UP

Post by AB1 on 30.10.13 21:17

Dee Coy wrote:Any old common or garden armchair body language 'expert' could infer deep insecurity, nervousness and fear from Kate's behaviour in that interview. A woman constantly looking for reassurance from her husband that she is saying the right thing.

Wonder what a proper analyst would make of it. Ian Huntley's behaviour in his (set up, as it transpired) interview before his arrest signalled the beginning of the endgame for him.
I read "set up" to mean - the police sanctioned the TV interview with Huntley to see how he dealt with it and up the ante.

Perhaps my reading was influenced by the fact that I believe Huntley GUILTY.
Also hope his then girlfriend (now a free woman) has curbed her OCD cleaning habit...

If only I could convince myself that the police are uppin the ante now. I fear they are looking for closure instead of conviction.

AB1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.10.13 23:27

Really sorry if I've caused any confusion.

I meant the famous interview in which Huntley appealed for information on the missing girls was deliberately requested by the police - set-up, if you like. It's a common ruse to give suspects the limelight to see if their behaviour,  body language,  etc, give away clues. Which in Huntley's case it did. Most psychopaths, of course, love the limelight and crave being filmed talking about their victims. 

It helped catch Huntley. And the Philpotts. And the crazy woman in Dewsbury who faked her daughter's kidnapping.

God forbid, if people thought I meant Huntley was the victim of a set up. He's an evil monster. But I did wonder if analysis of the McCanns perfomances on TV might yield similar clues. Kate in particular seems to recently display all the traits of one who is in either a state of extreme trepidation or sheer terror. But I'm sure Redwood and co have it all sussed out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 30.10.13 23:43

Dee Coy wrote:Really sorry if I've caused any confusion.

I meant the famous interview in which Huntley appealed for information on the missing girls was deliberately requested by the police - set-up, if you like. It's a common ruse to give suspects the limelight to see if their behaviour,  body language,  etc, give away clues. Which in Huntley's case it did. Most psychopaths, of course, love the limelight and crave being filmed talking about their victims. 

It helped catch Huntley. And the Philpotts. And the crazy woman in Dewsbury who faked her daughter's kidnapping.

God forbid, if people thought I meant Huntley was the victim of a set up. He's an evil monster. But I did wonder if analysis of the McCanns perfomances on TV might yield similar clues. Kate in particular seems to recently display all the traits of one who is in either a state of extreme trepidation or sheer terror. But I'm sure Redwood and co have it all sussed out.
Thanks DeeCoy. Understood.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DonNewbery on 30.10.13 23:47

@Mirage wrote:

That is exactly my understanding of the CW programme. How much the Beeb were working with the police on this, though, is anybody's guess.

DonNewbery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 31.10.13 0:02

@DonNewbery wrote:
@Mirage wrote:

That is exactly my understanding of the CW programme. How much the Beeb were working with the police on this, though, is anybody's guess.
Funny you should mention the BBC in all this. I think they (Crimewatch) specifically said they'd been working very closely with SY for months IIRC.

And the BBC have kept completely out of reporting on any of the stories going around ATM. They only reported the re-opening of the case when the PJ confirmed it.

Maybe they are privy to a lot of info?

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DonNewbery on 31.10.13 0:07

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:Funny you should mention the BBC in all this. I think they (Crimewatch) specifically said they'd been working very closely with SY for months IIRC.

And the BBC have kept completely out of reporting on any of the stories going around ATM. They only reported the re-opening of the case when the PJ confirmed it.

Maybe they are privy to a lot of info?
Interesting. Let's hope so.

DonNewbery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.10.13 0:09

Got to say I've been hoping that the BBC's frustrating abstinence from comments recently is not, as it is easy to assume, due to sycophantic motives towards the McCanns, but instead, perhaps, the opposite. 

I've often been accused of wishful thinking, however.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Shuffle on 02.11.13 10:38

Madeleine McCann

As is the case with any situation in which a child goes missing, notwithstanding formal dismissal of the inquiry into her disappearance, and just as has always been publicly stated, the Polícia Judiciária never stopped paying close attention to any and all information that might possibly shed light on the whereabouts of the minor Madeleine McCann, the circumstances surrounding her disappearance and the identity of the perpetrator(s).

It was with this goal in mind that in March 2011 the National Director of the Polícia Judiciária entrusted a team of investigators from the North Directorate with the mission of reassessing, as a whole, the vast amount of information gathered during the inquiry, aimed at identifying data for which a more in-depth investigation might be useful and possible.

The reassessment which took place over the last two years and a half suggested new evidence to have surfaced, which, requiring the investigation to proceed, meets the requirements set out by section 279(1) of the Portuguese Code of Criminal Procedure for reopening of the inquiry.

Accordingly, a request for reopening was made to the Public Prosecutor for the jurisdiction of Portimao, and approval granted by the latter.

24 October 2013

Silver Shuffle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 04.11.13 15:16

This report should give us hope:

I think there are a few threads where I could post this and this is not necessarily one of them. But I have decided to post it here to give us hope. 

Google translation

Hypothesis murder is investigated by the authorities.
Follow research with CM

• October 29, 1:00 a.m.
  • Number of votes (0)
  • Comments (19)
By: Ana Isabel Fonseca / Tania Laranjo

The Judiciary has made efforts to try to find the body of Maddie, after the reopening of the case. The hypothesis of the British girl was murdered is one of the lines of inquiry to be followed by inspectors. The thesis of murder is part of a framework of kidnapping for reasons related to pedophilia.
The CM knows that the Judiciary has undertaken several steps in recent days to try to discover the body of Maddie, who disappeared on the night of May 3, 2007 in his room at the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz, Lagos.
Inspectors affections to the case have indeed presented evidence supporting this hypothesis the public prosecutor, who decided on last Thursday to reopen the investigation.
Soon after the disappearance of Madeleine, PJ took steps to try to find the corpse, but that proved fruitless.Inspectors received at the time several false leads about the possible location of the body of the girl, who at the time the crime was three years.
The Judicial Police also heard several witnesses and returned to the village of Praia da Luz Ali, inspectors seized to check the location of mobile telephone masts.
VOTED MOST COMMENTS
" Of course, also look at the moon and Mars q.é is where the poor child is! oh and by the way on the beach and in the sea village of Luz, there should still be the corpse forgotten by Parents! do not forget to meet the orders of steaks "

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 04.11.13 17:16

@Estelle wrote:Google translation

Hypothesis murder is investigated by the authorities.
By: Ana Isabel Fonseca / Tania Laranjo

The Judiciary has made efforts to try to find the body of Maddie, after the reopening of the case. The hypothesis of the British girl was murdered is one of the lines of inquiry to be followed by inspectors. The thesis of murder is part of a framework of kidnapping for reasons related to pedophilia.
The CM knows that the Judiciary has undertaken several steps in recent days to try to discover the body of Maddie, who disappeared on the night of May 3, 2007 in his room at the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz, Lagos.
Inspectors affections to the case have indeed presented evidence supporting this hypothesis the public prosecutor, who decided on last Thursday to reopen the investigation.
Thank you, Estelle, for posting that here.

Whilst I urge caution with anything printed in the press that we can not independently verify, this would appear to be a hopeful sign, in that it indicates that more than one hypothesis is being considered.

Not hopeful in terms of the possible demise of a young child, but hopeful in the sense that the investigation may not be as narrow-minded as we sometimes fear it might be.

I believe that this will be wrapped up before next May. One way or another.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth on 04.11.13 20:51

Evening Lance De Boils. What makes you say say by May next year?

Do you think there will be a prosecution  in Uk or in Portugal?

Just curious, spent 6 years on these blessed forums waiting for justice for poor MM, it surely has to come soon...sad

TellTheTruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 04.11.13 20:54

May? I was hoping it would all be over by Christmas :)

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic72 on 04.11.13 21:16

It always makes me smile when I see this thread pop back up again!

The word HOPE recharging any previous lost hope.

fingers crossed

sonic72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 04.11.13 21:20

The Swedish criminal Professor Leif GW Persson made ​​a statement in Swedish TV about this case.
"Statistically it should be the parents. 
Just in their case,is this probability well over 90%,and I can name a few reasons: 
It is the oldest of three children who are the victim,it is very unusual. 
They seeking contact with the media following day ,it is also ominous. 
And that they already day 3,leaving the place where she has disappeared,it is perhaps the most ominous. "

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 05.11.13 8:15

Good morning all.

With all the recent happenings, and my personal belief that the Portuguese will not have re-opened the case if the new evidence was not enough to ensure that a second shelving was highly improbable, I can't envisage reaching the seventh anniversary without some conclusion.

I continue to hope that the conclusion will be the right and just one, and that ALL of the evidence will be taken into careful consideration, in a proper and balanced investigative manner, before that conclusion is reached.

Re recent articles:

It is easy to get caught up in reactive emotion when reading and analysing tabloid reports (and indeed any news media coverage of this case). Each one evokes feelings in all of us, whether it be anger, despair, hope, fear, incredulity or any other emotion.

Sometimes, after sleeping on it for several nights, one can detatch oneself from it emotionally and start to look it objectively, as part of a much larger picture.

Let's put these recent "news" articles in the context of what we have experienced over the last 6 1/2 years.

How many named individual "new suspects" have been presented to us?
Think Murat, "Tractor man"; Hewlett; von Aesch....

How many of these were (or soon became) deceased?
At least 3 now.

How many groups of people have been touted as possible suspects?
Think Gypsies; Wealthy Moroccan families; paedo rings; childless couples....

How many efits have we been shown? (Even prior to last month's Crimewatch.)
Think "bundleman"; "spotty, ugly man"; "Victoria Beckham", "George Harrison"; "sunglasses man"....

How many motives have we been told the "abductor" could have had?
Think paedophilia - opportunistic/organised ring; burglary-gone-wrong; child trafficking for profit; revenge; can't have own children....

How many countries have these suspects hailed from?
Many, incl. Switzerland; Germany; Morocco; Portugal, Holland....

How many "sightings" have we been told about?
Where should I start? Countless.

How many versions of how Madeleine might be now?
Dead, alive, giving her tuppenceworth, unharmed, mutilated (as per Kate's book), being treated like a princess, speaking another language, being held in a hellish lair; hair: dyed, not dyed, short, long; Skin colour: tanned, pale....

And we have all seen how news articles are generated/blocked/spun by the McCanns' PR and legal teams. The timing of these "news" stories has often also appeared significant.

Therefore, taken in context of the bigger picture, I am not inclined to give too much credence to recent articles.

I'm watching and waiting. And HOPING.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on 05.11.13 8:37

goodpost 
@Lance De Boils wrote:Good evening all.

With all the recent happenings, and my personal belief that the Portuguese will not have re-opened it if the new evidence was not enoughto ensure that a second shelving was highly improbable, I can't envisage reaching the seventh anniversary without some conclusion.

I continue to hope that the conclusion will be the right and just one, and that ALL of the evidence will be taken into careful consideration, in a proper and balanced investigative manner, before that conclusion is reached.

Re recent articles:

It is easy to get caught up in reactive emotion when reading and analysing tabloid reports (and indeed any news media coverage of this case). Each one, evokes feelings in all of us, whether it be anger, despair, hope, fear, incredulity or any other emotion.

Sometimes, after sleeping on it for several nights, one can detatach oneself from it emotionally and start to look it objectively, as part of a much larger picture.

Let's put these recent "news" articles in the context of what we have experienced over the last 6 1/2 years.

How many named individual "new suspects" have been presented to us?

Think Murat, "Tractor man"; Hewlett; von Aesch....

How many of these were (or soon became) deceased?
At least 3 now.

How many groups of people have been touted as possible suspects?
Think Gypsies; Wealthy Moroccan families; paedo rings; childless couples....

How many efits have we been shown? (Even prior to last month's Crimewatch?)

Think "bundleman"; "spotty, ugly man"; "Victoria Beckham", "George Harrison"; "sunglasses man"....

How many motives have we been told the "abductor" could have had?

Think paedophilia - opportunistic/organised ring; burglary-gone-wrong; child trafficking for profit; revenge; can't have own children....

How many countries have these suspects hailed from?

Many, incl. Switzerland; Germany; Morocco; Portugal, Holland....

How many "sightings" have we been told about?

Where should I start? Countless.

How many versions of how Madeleine might be now?

Dead, alive, giving her tuppenceworth, unharmed, mutilated (as per Kate's book), being treated like a princess, speaking another language, being held in a hellish lair; hair: dyed, not dyed, short, long; Skin colour: tanned, pale....

And we have all seen how news articles are generated/blocked/spun by the McCanns' PR and legal teams. The timing of these "news" stories has often also appeared significant.

Therefore, taken in context of the bigger picture, I am not inclined to give too much credence to recent articles.

I'm watching and waiting. And HOPING.

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sockpuppet on 05.11.13 9:32

Bravo Lance De Boils!

Sockpuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.11.13 9:41

I don't think this latest spin comes from Clarence.

I hate to say this but it's far too amateurish and reeks of desperation. Whoever is spinning this is slinging as much mud as they can in the hope that some of it sticks: "It wasn't us ...it was the bad man ...the bad man who'd been sacked ...the bad man who wanted revenge ...the bad man who was stealing money for drugs ...the bad man who, in his drugged up haze, mistook a little girl for a wad of euros"

It just doesn't have that CM polish. In fact it reminds me of little kids trying to lie their way out of trouble.

Since there is still no statement from any investigating police force that states clearly and unambiguously that the McCanns are innocent, I remain hopeful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 05.11.13 11:50

Poe wrote:I don't think this latest spin comes from Clarence.

I hate to say this but it's far too amateurish and reeks of desperation. Whoever is spinning this is slinging as much mud as they can in the hope that some of it sticks: "It wasn't us ...it was the bad man ...the bad man who'd been sacked ...the bad man who wanted revenge ...the bad man who was stealing money for drugs ...the bad man who, in his drugged up haze, mistook a little girl for a wad of euros"

It just doesn't have that CM polish. In fact it reminds me of little kids trying to lie their way out of trouble.

Since there is still no statement from any investigating police force that states clearly and unambiguously that the McCanns are innocent, I remain hopeful.
Poe,  ITA, it does seem to reek of desperation lately with the media articles about all the latest  suspects, and lets throw some spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks. But the public aren't buying what they're trying to sell. It's all so obviously transparent and ridiculous and not at all believable IMO. It is backfiring on them, we're really not as stupid as they think so until they have something real they should just STFU.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 05.11.13 19:04

This is rather good, sorry it is a google translation, can anyone translate better?.........

Opinion

Go hunting for goose chase

Posted at 00.01at 00.01

The poor have the impression that Scotland Yard is due to the contempt that the astute Sherlock Holmes dispensed Inspector Lestrade, police struggled, endowed with the tenacity and determination of a bulldog, but absolutely devoid of ability to solve crimes with some degree of difficulty .

As we all know, there is no second chance to make a good first impression and as aggravating, bad account that had Scotland Yard, manufactured in reading Conan Doyle, did not improve (rather) after being presented to the inspector bronco Claud Eustace Teal, who is always being ridiculed by Simon Templar in the Holy adventures of Leslie Charteris.

This worsened my opinion barely knew, in real life, Scotland Yard has already spent 6.5 million euros in the massive hunt for goose chase, called Operation Grange, that keeps you entertained, under the command of Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, 37 detectives following 195 lines of inquiry, set from 40 000 tracks and documents collected in Portugal since Maddie disappeared on the night of May 2, 2007, a village in Praia da Luz, Lagos.

The Maddie case gained new life with a record audience (7.3 million viewers) BBC Crimewatch program and a thousand phone calls from people who found themselves in possession of information on the subject they should share with authorities.

The disappearance of Maddie, who had not yet four years, when parents unwisely left her home alone with his younger brothers, had the most media coverage ever - everyone had an opinion on the subject - dethroning the famous kidnapping of Lindbergh baby this sad Guinness.

Six years later, this real-life soap opera still on display, because it ensures good audiences and is being fed with new ingredients, such as the abduction theory, by a trio of gypsies or a Cape Verdean who conveniently died in the meantime, and publicizing portraits - robot transform into possible suspects all men brown hair, between 20 and 40 years old, of average height and no particular signs.

In the face of a British ultimatum presented with Vaseline (not threatened to blow up the Old Covenant, as others have done with this strategic partnership), the PJ not only reopened the investigation as proud, have revealed two years ago, in Porto, five inspectors permanently to reconsider the case (that the troika will know?).

The British are very good at making stories but nevertheless prefer a thousand times to the novel Downton Abbey Maddie, who urgently needs a final end, no door open for new sequel.

To this end, I suggest to Scotland Yard hiring Sherlock Holmes (find it tomorrow night on Fox, from 22:15 h), unbeatable solve mysteries with his deductive logic and scientific methods. And advise Kate and Gerry to kick the habit of drinking suffering through a straw - and realize that is well mourn the dead, but we have to let them go.

http://www.jn.pt/Opiniao/default.aspx?content_id=3514705&opiniao=Jorge%20Fiel

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum