The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why the re-opening signifies the beginning of the end. Thread of HOPE.

Post by aquila on 28.10.13 11:55

Châtelaine wrote:I just had a look at the CW interview with McCanns again, from approx 32' on.
Does Gerry really dare say that they're happy with the new developments ???? The new developments of CW were the e-fits !!! The e-fits they themselves had hidden from publication for 5 years ... Jeez ...
The e-fits that didn't appear in Kate's bewk nor on their publicly funded £37,000 website.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The beginning of the end...

Post by Guest on 28.10.13 12:02

As DCI Redwood said "take everything back to the very beginning"

Fiona Payne Rog:
"I mean, they were just sobbing, going between sobbing and then feeling helpless and then ringing people and this frantic activity. Kate was desperate to have a Priest, which, you know, people find weird, but I think that was just her way of thinking 'At least I can pray for Madeleine' and her way of feeling that she was doing something."

Imagine this scenario...
Your daughter is missing 
You are convinced by a paedophile
You know it happened within the past hour
You know the first few hours are the most important if she is to be found alive.
What do you do?????

Tamper with and destroy evidence?
Run around the flat hitting walls and furniture?
Telephone friends and family in U.K who can't look for her?
Demand to speak to priest?

OR…………………..

Go outside and look for her?

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 28.10.13 12:08

dantezebu wrote:As DCI Redwood said "take everything back to the very beginning"

Fiona Payne Rog:
"I mean, they were just sobbing, going between sobbing and then feeling helpless and then ringing people and this frantic activity. Kate was desperate to have a Priest, which, you know, people find weird, but I think that was just her way of thinking 'At least I can pray for Madeleine' and her way of feeling that she was doing something."

Imagine this scenario...
Your daughter is missing 
You know the first few hours are the most important if she is to be found alive.
What do you do?????

OR…………………..

OR....Then hastily arrange a press conference, the pair of you in matching clothing, not a hair out of place....

ETA - Actually - as we're stripping it back to the beginning, is there a video/transcript of this very first press conference. The one outside, the pair of them looking very well for two parents missing a daughter. I can't remember what they said now....But this, for me, automatically triggered my full BS alert - they just didn't come over as genuine.

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by divinetheswine on 28.10.13 12:09

@Okeydokey wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
@admin wrote:
Black Moon wrote:
Add to that Kirsty Young’s first question to the McCanns in the live interview, the terrified look on their faces throughout, and it seems the McCanns realise they’ve lost control.
What was the question please, I can't remember.

It's somewhere in this video big grin
32:25 -

I am happy to bow to those who have more experience of Scots dialect...but at this point Gerry says "done" rather than the "doing" I would expect (as in "an investigation needed doing").

If it's a slip then, as a Londoner, it seems a transparent one. He's just been asked to say how he feels about this new investigation.  "I've been done" - is/was a very common expression in the London area...meaning you feel youn have been fitted up, unfairly treated etc. There's no doubt he would be familiar with the expression. So this slip may be significant.
As a Glaswegian I have to say that I would also say "done" rather than "doing".  So I don't think its significant sad

divinetheswine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 28.10.13 12:15

@mouse wrote:
dantezebu wrote:As DCI Redwood said "take everything back to the very beginning"

Fiona Payne Rog:

Imagine this scenario...
Your daughter is missing 
What do you do?????

OR…………………..

OR....Then hastily arrange a press conference, the pair of you in matching clothing, not a hair out of place....
and the following day put your remaining children back into a creche with people you don't know, the same people you didn't want to babysit privately (paid for by yourself) for your children.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 28.10.13 12:20

@aquila wrote:
@mouse wrote:

Fiona Payne Rog:

Imagine this scenario...
Your daughter is missing 
What do you do?????

OR…………………..

and the following day put your remaining children back into a creche with people you don't know, the same people you didn't want to babysit privately (paid for by yourself) for your children.
Yeah, and then a while later, completey leave your children again, in same creche to jump on a jet plane (even though it wasn't quite the size plane they required) to go and visit the Pope....No of course this didn't happen....did it? And Remember Kate's only just gotten use to leaving the twins, hasn't she...

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 28.10.13 12:26

@mouse wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@mouse wrote:

Fiona Payne Rog:

Imagine this scenario...
Your daughter is missing 
What do you do?????

OR…………………..

Yeah, and then a while later, completey leave your children again, in same creche to jump on a jet plane (even though it wasn't quite the size plane they required) to go and visit the Pope....No of course this didn't happen....did it? And Remember Kate's only just gotten use to leaving the twins, hasn't she...
The tapas 7 were fantastic supportive friends weren't they! I don't believe their children (correct me if I'm wrong) were put back into the creche the following day.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 28.10.13 12:35

Why wouldn't the tapas put there children back in the crèche,Madeleine was not abducted and the tapas friends knew it.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 28.10.13 12:45

@tiny wrote:Why wouldn't the tapas put there children back in the crèche,Madeleine was not abducted and the tapas friends knew it.
Exactly, no one behaved as you would have expected given the circumstances.
Expect the normal, and then the abnormal is obvious.

Strange people? Yes. But they were doctors and "trained what to do in an emergency" to quote GM.
And one of the first things a doctor does when something goes wrong in the mangement of a patient is to write in the medical notes a "version of the truth" which puts his behaviour in the best possible light.
You can exchange medical notes for timelines here if you like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey on 28.10.13 13:12

Fiona Payne Rog:

Imagine this scenario...
Your daughter is missing 
What do you do?????

OR…………………..

Or how about delete your phone and text messages and then search for an out of date photograph which could well become a good marketing ploy!!!!!!!!!!!!

And doesn't really represent what Maddie would look like on that day.

Hongkong Phooey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WHERE"S WALLY MITCHELL

Post by PeterMac on 29.10.13 16:28

nicked off the other site - too good not to share - may thanks to MM
Where's Mitchell ?
He could be in a hellish amusement arcade within a ten mile radius of the novelty rock emporium, but he'll be giving the one-armed bandit his tuppenceworth.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aoife on 29.10.13 16:36

@divinetheswine wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
@admin wrote:
Black Moon wrote:
Add to that Kirsty Young’s first question to the McCanns in the live interview, the terrified look on their faces throughout, and it seems the McCanns realise they’ve lost control.
What was the question please, I can't remember.

It's somewhere in this video big grin
32:25 -

I am happy to bow to those who have more experience of Scots dialect...but at this point Gerry says "done" rather than the "doing" I would expect (as in "an investigation needed doing").

If it's a slip then, as a Londoner, it seems a transparent one. He's just been asked to say how he feels about this new investigation.  "I've been done" - is/was a very common expression in the London area...meaning you feel youn have been fitted up, unfairly treated etc. There's no doubt he would be familiar with the expression. So this slip may be significant.
As a Glaswegian I have to say that I would also say "done" rather than "doing".  So I don't think its significant sad
Agreed- the Scots rarely use that tense/mood. Things need sorted (not 'to be sorted'). People need convinced (not 'to be convinced') etc.

Aoife

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 29.10.13 20:48

Ray of Light Number 5.

After 6 years of pussyfooting around, it seems that some sections of the press are starting to dip their toes in the water.

The Sunday Times has started to develop a pair. Whilst I'm sure they'll never rival Buster Gonad, any growth in the nether regions is surely a positive sign.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.10.13 22:42

Just watched the video again. Must be very hot in that studio, the way KM keeps licking her lips. A right good sweep-around several times. Nobody else seems to be as hot, though???

beware

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 29.10.13 22:49

Who has told Kate that she must turn her head and stare like a maniac at Gerry every time he speaks?

It looks absolutely ridiculous.

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerinthe on 29.10.13 23:02

The Portuguese Police searching for a body makes me very hopeful about the investigation.  So much seems to be happening so quickly. 

The question soon may be who will make the arrests - Scotland Yard or the Portuguese Police?  I hope it will be the Portuguese.

Cerinthe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 29.10.13 23:10

Any old common or garden armchair body language 'expert' could infer deep insecurity, nervousness and fear from Kate's behaviour in that interview. A woman constantly looking for reassurance from her husband that she is saying the right thing.

Wonder what a proper analyst would make of it. Ian Huntley's behaviour in his (set up, as it transpired) interview before his arrest signalled the beginning of the endgame for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 29.10.13 23:16

@littlepixie wrote:Who has told Kate that she must turn her head and stare like a maniac at Gerry every time he speaks?

It appears to me like the result of an agreed strategy whose aim is to given nothing away. The fact that they never vary this mode of interaction and the lack of warmth or human interplay between them is unnatural.

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 29.10.13 23:27

My first question of the day, and has been for the last couple of years, is: "Have they been arrested yet?

If the PJ have assembled enough evidence arrests could happen sooner rather than later. I can't hazard a guess as to the how, because I am uncertain about SY's position. For all the talk about the long game, all I have ringing in my ears is the mantra that the McCanns are not persons of interest in the enquiry. To say it once, maybe twice would suffice; be professional, keep a bit of reserve. I know the duo are slippery customers but there seems to be too much cosying up, too much muttering about gypsies, too many ridiculous efits of people hanging round the resort, charity workers etc. All old hat, looked at by PJ six years ago. On top of that, I get the impression that GA is underwhelmed by the SY approach, and he is the go-to man as far as I am concerned, a man who deals in truths and common sense. The other word that buzzes round my head is "extradition". Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Lastly, I keep thinking of the resumption of the libel trial next week. I get the feeling that GA's defence might contain sensitive information that might be best kept on ice for a more important trial. That makes me wonder if arrests may pre-empt Nov 5th. Just a thought.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 29.10.13 23:41

@ProfessorPPlum wrote:
@littlepixie wrote:Who has told Kate that she must turn her head and stare like a maniac at Gerry every time he speaks?

It appears to me like the result of an agreed strategy whose aim is to given nothing away. The fact that they never vary this mode of interaction and the lack of warmth or human interplay between them is unnatural.
They were advised to do that latterly (imo), because in the early days they both kept eyes front when the other was talking.  I remember the days when Gerry stared straight ahead during interviews, eyes darting back and forth when Kate was speaking, ready to jump in rapidly if she blurted something perilous out.  This staring at each other is newly contrived after watching others I believe.  As usual they've over egged the pudding!  They can never get the right balance because they are imposters.

imo

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AB1 on 30.10.13 0:02

@Mirage wrote:My first question of the day, and has been for the last couple of years, is: "Have they been arrested yet?

If the PJ have assembled enough evidence arrests could happen sooner rather than later. I can't hazard a guess as to the how, because I am uncertain about SY's position. For all the talk about the long game, all I have ringing in my ears is the mantra that the McCanns are not persons of interest in the enquiry. To say it once, maybe twice would suffice; be professional, keep a bit of reserve. I know the duo are slippery customers but there seems to be too much cosying up, too much muttering about gypsies, too many ridiculous efits of people hanging round the resort, charity workers etc. All old hat, looked at by PJ six years ago. On top of that, I get the impression that GA is underwhelmed by the SY approach, and he is the go-to man as far as I am concerned, a man who deals in truths and common sense. The other word that buzzes round my head is "extradition". Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Lastly, I keep thinking of the resumption of the libel trial next week. I get the feeling that GA's defence might contain sensitive information that might be best kept on ice for a more important trial. That makes me wonder if arrests may pre-empt Nov 5th. Just a thought.
My head agrees with your ringing in the ears... However, still think that could result in SY declaring Madeline presumed dead (said as that is).

At least it would put paid to the farce of the fund, although how long would it be before they set up their own Missing international? Surprised there hasn't been a sudden sighting somewhere exotic in time for half term holidays...

I am appalled that a couple facing so many unanswered questions are feted at childcare conferences around the world. If this reflects the judgement skills of the professionals entrusted with children, God help us!

GA may be able to wound them sufficiently that others will come in for the kill. Smarmy GM might cope with TV sofaland sychophants, but i'd love to see him squirm when faced with a Silk's great directional questioning. A trial with ANY result would be better then no trial at all.

Yesterday I began thinking the most important development is actually the CPS visit to Portugal. The CPS ultimately make the decision to charge, based on probability of conviction. The CPS being in Portugal says to me that they were checking how much evidence there is, how much is needed (points still be to proved) and for which crimes. I'm holding on to that fresh hope...

AB1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanist on 30.10.13 6:19

@AB1 wrote:
@Mirage wrote:My first question of the day, and has been for the last couple of years, is: "Have they been arrested yet?

My head agrees with your ringing in the ears... However, still think that could result in SY declaring Madeline presumed dead (said as that is).

At least it would put paid to the farce of the fund, although how long would it be before they set up their own Missing international? Surprised there hasn't been a sudden sighting somewhere exotic in time for half term holidays...

I am appalled that a couple facing so many unanswered questions are feted at childcare conferences around the world. If this reflects the judgement skills of the professionals entrusted with children, God help us!

GA may be able to wound them sufficiently that others will come in for the kill. Smarmy GM might cope with TV sofaland sychophants, but i'd love to see him squirm when faced with a Silk's great directional questioning. A trial with ANY result would be better then no trial at all.

Yesterday I began thinking the most important development is actually the CPS visit to Portugal. The CPS ultimately make the decision to charge, based on probability of conviction. The CPS being in Portugal says to me that they were checking how much evidence there is, how much is needed (points still be to proved) and for which crimes. I'm holding on to that fresh hope...
To the poster above - yes I agree Huntley was set up.  There are plenty of links if you type innocence of Huntley with people doing as much research as in the case that say he was set up.  And guess who was involved in that case - yup Clarence Mitchell.  Who would have set up Murat if it had been in the UK.

I think the CPS has already evaluated the evidence.  I don't think they are looking for anything anymore,  I think they have found what they are looking for.  But every single thing needs to be tightly in place.  I can imagine there is a huge team looking at what loopholes could be used and covering those bases.  Blacksmiths latest on the stench of evil says it all in my mind.  I am beginning to think that Kate and Gerry have split the beans on others who were involved in this and have run the show since then.

Humanist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by divinetheswine on 30.10.13 8:45

@Humanist wrote:To the poster above - yes I agree Huntley was set up.  There are plenty of links if you type innocence of Huntley with people doing as much research as in the case that say he was set up.  And guess who was involved in that case - yup Clarence Mitchell.  Who would have set up Murat if it had been in the UK.

I think perhaps the poster was referring to Huntleys behaviour in his interview with the Police. Not that he was in any way set-up. Which he most certainly was not.

divinetheswine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by justine67 on 30.10.13 8:55

I don't think Huntley was set up either.  Didn't he confess to them dying in his house but said it was an accident?

justine67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 30.10.13 9:04

@Humanist wrote:
@AB1 wrote:

To the poster above - yes I agree Huntley was set up.  There are plenty of links if you type innocence of Huntley with people doing as much research as in the case that say he was set up.  And guess who was involved in that case - yup Clarence Mitchell.  Who would have set up Murat if it had been in the UK.

I think the CPS has already evaluated the evidence.  I don't think they are looking for anything anymore,  I think they have found what they are looking for.  But every single thing needs to be tightly in place.  I can imagine there is a huge team looking at what loopholes could be used and covering those bases.  Blacksmiths latest on the stench of evil says it all in my mind.  I am beginning to think that Kate and Gerry have split the beans on others who were involved in this and have run the show since then.
Humanist. Neither I nor AB1 have mentioned Huntley or alluded to Huntley in any way shape or form. What are you talking about?

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum