The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why are there 17 similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

5% 5% 
[ 6 ]
4% 4% 
[ 5 ]
27% 27% 
[ 33 ]
64% 64% 
[ 78 ]
 
Total Votes : 122

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Guest on 25.10.13 16:35

@thetruthbeknown wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:To help the discussion as to why Mr. Smith would have mentioned Smithman was not a tourist. He was asked a question:

Smith Statement May 26, 2007 in Portimao, Portugal

Urged, he states that the individual did not appear to be a tourist. He cannot explain this further. It was simply his perception given the individual's clothing.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

And to help the discussion as to WHEN Mr. Smith contacted the police [in Ireland] and how he mentioned it was not Murat.

Summary from “A Verdade da Mentira” bij Gonçalo Amaral

-  Back in Ireland, the Smiths watch the news and learn of Jane's statement and the suspicions falling upon Murat.

- The father contacts the Irish police. He tells his story. The man he saw was NOT Murat. He knows Murat and it was not him.

- The father is almost certain that the girl he saw was Madeleine.

And then:
- The Smiths are secretly brought back to Portugal. On Saturday, 26 May, in Portimão, Smith and his two children are interviewed.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html
Thanks Chatelaine, so it looks as if he was asked the question if the man looked like a tourist.
Is there a tanscript?? Ive seen others online, but not one for the smiths??...You are insinuation the police almost 'fed' information to obtain answers...this would not be usual..it would be seen as the witness being 'influenced' or 'coerced'...usually the only prompting would be the showing of an ID photo..and certainly no names mentioned smilie
No one is insinuating anything.  People are making suggestions and airing opinions and views.  We don't know how the Portuguese police work it may be totally different from our system.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 16:49

candyfloss wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:To help the discussion as to why Mr. Smith would have mentioned Smithman was not a tourist. He was asked a question:

Smith Statement May 26, 2007 in Portimao, Portugal

Urged, he states that the individual did not appear to be a tourist. He cannot explain this further. It was simply his perception given the individual's clothing.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

And to help the discussion as to WHEN Mr. Smith contacted the police [in Ireland] and how he mentioned it was not Murat.

Summary from “A Verdade da Mentira” bij Gonçalo Amaral

-  Back in Ireland, the Smiths watch the news and learn of Jane's statement and the suspicions falling upon Murat.

- The father contacts the Irish police. He tells his story. The man he saw was NOT Murat. He knows Murat and it was not him.

- The father is almost certain that the girl he saw was Madeleine.

And then:
- The Smiths are secretly brought back to Portugal. On Saturday, 26 May, in Portimão, Smith and his two children are interviewed.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html
Thanks Chatelaine, so it looks as if he was asked the question if the man looked like a tourist.
Is there a tanscript?? Ive seen others online, but not one for the smiths??...You are insinuation the police almost 'fed' information to obtain answers...this would not be usual..it would be seen as the witness being 'influenced' or 'coerced'...usually the only prompting would be the showing of an ID photo..and certainly no names mentioned smilie
No one is insinuating anything.  People are making suggestions and airing opinions and views.  We don't know how the Portuguese police work it may be totally different from our system.
I wasnt 'accusing' as such lol..just saying it was the way it came across in posts, that people thought the police had questioned the Smiths on Murat..As for your question, its the same way in the UK, although i do beleive the PJ are far stricter on adhering to what is considered appropriate (despite doubters claims)..you do not name suspects to a witness, the only thing you can do is show photos, efits etc..not name. I can only guess Smith volunteered the name when showed the photo and said it wasnt Robert, and carried on from there...

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by tiredofthebs on 25.10.13 17:16

If Smith was working to a script then why did he say he was pretty sure it was Gerry he saw?

I can't see a McCann script containing that, can you?

____________________
"Cadaver dog? What is it? Lassie?" - Philomena McCann, This Morning, September 2007

tiredofthebs

Posts : 176
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 17:21

And actually a clue in the statement as to he was shown a photo rather then given Murats identity..was when smith mentioned that in the bar meeting, Murat had his glasses off.

on one of these occasions, the first, he was inebriated and spoke to everyone. He did not wear glasses at that time.

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Guest on 25.10.13 17:22

@thetruthbeknown wrote:I can only guess Smith volunteered the name when showed the photo and said it wasnt Robert, and carried on from there...
***
Read my post again, quoting from Amaral's book:

-  Back in Ireland, the Smiths watch the news and learn of Jane's statement and the suspicions falling upon Murat.

- The father contacts the Irish police. He tells his story. The man he saw was NOT Murat. He knows Murat and it was not him.

ETA
As for transcript of Mr. Smith's statement in Portimao, follow the link I gave.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 17:25

@tiredofthebs wrote:If Smith was working to a script then why did he say he was pretty sure it was Gerry he saw?

I can't see a McCann script containing that, can you?
Ive seen many theories elsewhere saying Smith statement was to 'set up' GM...I think the case is otherwise..as ive stated in other posts. If correct, and Smithman is real, then certainly the Gerry sighting getting off the plane jogged some kind of 'recollection' of mannerism (my psychology part coming out lol)  I dont know if Smith had said it before, a possiblility of GM? If so please put link so I can read and try and fathom that one out airkiss

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 17:28

Châtelaine wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:I can only guess Smith volunteered the name when showed the photo and said it wasnt Robert, and carried on from there...
***
Read my post again, quoting from Amaral's book:

-  Back in Ireland, the Smiths watch the news and learn of Jane's statement and the suspicions falling upon Murat.

- The father contacts the Irish police. He tells his story. The man he saw was NOT Murat. He knows Murat and it was not him.

ETA
As for transcript of Mr. Smith's statement in Portimao, follow the link I gave.
I think you misunderstand me...im well aware that the smiths came forward after Murat was declare arguido, ive already said that was their main reason, to clear murat...what i am saying is that the questioning officer, looking into their sighting of a man carrying a child, would not of been the person mentioning Murat as a suspect.

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 17:31

could you repost a link to the transcript? I cant find it? (not the statement)

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Guest on 25.10.13 17:35

Link is:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

And read this:

"Is saying that after seeing McCANNS on the news on 9th of September when they returned to the U.K. He has not slept and is worried sick. He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head. It was exactly the same way and look of the other male seen the night Maddy went missing. He also watched ITV news and SKY news and inferred it looked like the same person both times carrying the children. Is asking a member of the OP Task Force to ring him back. He was with a group of 9 family and friends the night he saw the male in Portugal. He sounded quite shaken and worried whilst speaking to me. "

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 17:44

Châtelaine wrote:Link is:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

And read this:

"Is saying that after seeing McCANNS on the news on 9th of September when they returned to the U.K. He has not slept and is worried sick. He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head. It was exactly the same way and look of the other male seen the night Maddy went missing. He also watched ITV news and SKY news and inferred it looked like the same person both times carrying the children. Is asking a member of the OP Task Force to ring him back. He was with a group of 9 family and friends the night he saw the male in Portugal. He sounded quite shaken and worried whilst speaking to me. "
No, thats the statement...the transcript includes the questions asked by the officer.

Exactly, in your second paragraph, what your saying there goes exactly to what I have been saying...im not sure what your point is :/ The Smiths came forward to clear Murat, then saw GM on tv, which they then thought showed the same mannerisms of the person they saw....

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Guest on 25.10.13 17:47

@thetruthbeknown wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:Link is:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

And read this:

"Is saying that after seeing McCANNS on the news on 9th of September when they returned to the U.K. He has not slept and is worried sick. He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head. It was exactly the same way and look of the other male seen the night Maddy went missing. He also watched ITV news and SKY news and inferred it looked like the same person both times carrying the children. Is asking a member of the OP Task Force to ring him back. He was with a group of 9 family and friends the night he saw the male in Portugal. He sounded quite shaken and worried whilst speaking to me. "
No, thats the statement...the transcript includes the questions asked by the officer.

Exactly, in your second paragraph, what your saying there goes exactly to what I have been saying...im not sure what your point is :/ The Smiths came forward to clear Murat, then saw GM on tv, which they then thought showed the same mannerisms of the person they saw....
***
There IS no transcript of the interview.
And we will to agree to disagree.
Smiths are genuine IMO.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 17:50

Châtelaine wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:Link is:
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

And read this:

"Is saying that after seeing McCANNS on the news on 9th of September when they returned to the U.K. He has not slept and is worried sick. He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head. It was exactly the same way and look of the other male seen the night Maddy went missing. He also watched ITV news and SKY news and inferred it looked like the same person both times carrying the children. Is asking a member of the OP Task Force to ring him back. He was with a group of 9 family and friends the night he saw the male in Portugal. He sounded quite shaken and worried whilst speaking to me. "
No, thats the statement...the transcript includes the questions asked by the officer.

Exactly, in your second paragraph, what your saying there goes exactly to what I have been saying...im not sure what your point is :/ The Smiths came forward to clear Murat, then saw GM on tv, which they then thought showed the same mannerisms of the person they saw....
***
There IS no transcript of the interview.
And we will to agree to disagree.
Smiths are genuine IMO.
I did not disagree with you that the Smiths were genuine..Its a shame there is not transcript..it would clear up a few things yes

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Guest on 25.10.13 18:40

@thetruthbeknown wrote:I did not disagree with you that the Smiths were genuine..Its a shame there is not transcript..it would clear up a few things yes
***
All of the PJ files interrogations are in the form of statements. A recap of what has been said and signed by the witness.

It's a pity that there's no rogatory interview of Mr. Smith. These rogs are transcripted into detail. IIRC only requests were sent to the U.K. [who delayed seriously with complying], but the Smiths are in IRELAND ...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Far-fetched

Post by Tony Bennett on 25.10.13 19:12

@Nereid wrote:What if he carried Madeleine (or other child in case of decoy) to wherever he went to do whatever he did. He returned to the Ocean Club and told the group he had been seen by a group of holiday makers. Hence Tanner inventing Tannerman.
The trouble with that theory is that it flies in the face of all common sense that at the very point of announcing that a child has gone missing, it is being seriously suggested that one of the same Tapas group who made that sensational announcemnt was walking through the streets of a holiday village - for at least several minutes, carrying a dead child - and then returned immediately to Apartment G5A.

It is so far-fetched, surely, as to require dismissal.

The 'decoy' theory is even more far-fetched.

Evidentially, all we have is a claimed sighting, of a bloke whose face wasn't seen, allegedly carrying around a young child in the cold early May late evening.

And the circumstances under which this sighting was first notified to the police is only one of a number of grounds for suspicion about the whole sighting

The value of that sighting is, well...

...under debate on two threads.


____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13972
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 19:34

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Nereid wrote:What if he carried Madeleine (or other child in case of decoy) to wherever he went to do whatever he did. He returned to the Ocean Club and told the group he had been seen by a group of holiday makers. Hence Tanner inventing Tannerman.
 The trouble with that theory is that it flies in the face of all common sense that at the very point of announcing that a child has gone missing, it is being seriously suggested that one of the same Tapas group who made that sensational announcemnt was walking through the streets of a holiday village - for at least several minutes, carrying a dead child - and then returned immediately to Apartment G5A.

It is so far-fetched, surely, as to require dismissal.

The 'decoy' theory is even more far-fetched.

Evidentially, all we have is a claimed sighting, of a bloke whose face wasn't seen, allegedly carrying around a young child in the cold early May late evening.

And the circumstances under which this sighting was first notified to the police is only one of a number of grounds for suspicion about the whole sighting

The value of that sighting is, well...

...under debate on two threads.

 
But i cant help thinking that the Smiths themsleves thought this, also knowing the possible 'disbelief' of any 'sighting' they put forward, as by their own admission they had been out on the lash big grin   Hence why it was not a 'few days after' statement. My alternative theory is that having found out that Murat was under scrutiny, and being quite sure the sighting they saw was definately not him, decided to at least come forward and discount them from the person whom they saw in case relevant. And then of course we have the alleged sighting of Gerry on TV...It could of happened, facial recognition is not the only way of idntifying or recognising someone, mannerisms etc, also trigger recognition too...

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by sami on 25.10.13 19:43

@thetruthbeknown wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Nereid wrote:What if he carried Madeleine (or other child in case of decoy) to wherever he went to do whatever he did. He returned to the Ocean Club and told the group he had been seen by a group of holiday makers. Hence Tanner inventing Tannerman.
 The trouble with that theory is that it flies in the face of all common sense that at the very point of announcing that a child has gone missing, it is being seriously suggested that one of the same Tapas group who made that sensational announcemnt was walking through the streets of a holiday village - for at least several minutes, carrying a dead child - and then returned immediately to Apartment G5A.

It is so far-fetched, surely, as to require dismissal.

The 'decoy' theory is even more far-fetched.

Evidentially, all we have is a claimed sighting, of a bloke whose face wasn't seen, allegedly carrying around a young child in the cold early May late evening.

And the circumstances under which this sighting was first notified to the police is only one of a number of grounds for suspicion about the whole sighting

The value of that sighting is, well...

...under debate on two threads.

 
But i cant help thinking that the Smiths themsleves thought this, also knowing the possible 'disbelief' of any 'sighting' they put forward, as by their own admission they had been out on the lash big grin   Hence why it was not a 'few days after' statement. My alternative theory is that having found out that Murat was under scrutiny, and being quite sure the sighting they saw was definately not him, decided to at least come forward and discount them from the person whom they saw in case relevant. And then of course we have the alleged sighting of Gerry on TV...It could of happened, facial recognition is not the only way of idntifying or recognising someone, mannerisms etc, also trigger recognition too...
For gods sake, where does it say the Smiths were "out on the lash".  Are you seriously suggesting their statement was a few days afterwards because they were hung-over ???

Perhaps there are statements I have not read, but those that I did told me his son was with his heavily pregnant wife who was ill so he was looking after her and part of their group were returning to Ireland the next day so they were going back to their apartment early that night.

sami

Posts : 962
Reputation : 48
Join date : 2012-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by galena on 25.10.13 19:43

@Sockpuppet wrote:Can you please add the option:

'Jane Tanner engineered her sighting to match the appearance of the man witnessed by the Smith family'.
Its even more possible that Smith engineering his sighting to fit Jane's - all the information was already in the public domain - all he had to do was change the hair colour to brown to emphasise that it wasn't Murat.

galena

Posts : 286
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by suzyjohnson on 25.10.13 19:45

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Sockpuppet wrote:Can you please add the option:

'Jane Tanner engineered her sighting to match the appearance of the man witnessed by the Smith family'.
Sockpuppet, NO.

That is impossible, like most of your ideas.

Tanner told the rest of the Tapas group about her sighting before one of the group ripped the cover off Madeleine's Activity Sticker book to write down two (different) timelines before the PJ arrived.

How the heck would she know about the Smith sighting already?

Doh!  
 If GM was Smithman, then Gerry could have told her. At any time after 10 pm.

As far as I know the PJ arrived shortly after 11 pm.

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1004
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by whmon on 25.10.13 19:47

I've just googled 'recognising people by their gait' and found hundreds of studies on the subject. Apparently it is a large area of study, the only one of which I skim read reported 'excellent results'.

____________________
This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

Posts : 434
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-04-04
Location : Back of Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 19:50

@sami wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Nereid wrote:What if he carried Madeleine (or other child in case of decoy) to wherever he went to do whatever he did. He returned to the Ocean Club and told the group he had been seen by a group of holiday makers. Hence Tanner inventing Tannerman.
 The trouble with that theory is that it flies in the face of all common sense that at the very point of announcing that a child has gone missing, it is being seriously suggested that one of the same Tapas group who made that sensational announcemnt was walking through the streets of a holiday village - for at least several minutes, carrying a dead child - and then returned immediately to Apartment G5A.

It is so far-fetched, surely, as to require dismissal.

The 'decoy' theory is even more far-fetched.

Evidentially, all we have is a claimed sighting, of a bloke whose face wasn't seen, allegedly carrying around a young child in the cold early May late evening.

And the circumstances under which this sighting was first notified to the police is only one of a number of grounds for suspicion about the whole sighting

The value of that sighting is, well...

...under debate on two threads.

 
But i cant help thinking that the Smiths themsleves thought this, also knowing the possible 'disbelief' of any 'sighting' they put forward, as by their own admission they had been out on the lash big grin   Hence why it was not a 'few days after' statement. My alternative theory is that having found out that Murat was under scrutiny, and being quite sure the sighting they saw was definately not him, decided to at least come forward and discount them from the person whom they saw in case relevant. And then of course we have the alleged sighting of Gerry on TV...It could of happened, facial recognition is not the only way of idntifying or recognising someone, mannerisms etc, also trigger recognition too...
For gods sake, where does it say the Smiths were "out on the lash".  Are you seriously suggesting their statement was a few days afterwards because they were hung-over ???

Perhaps there are statements I have not read, but those that I did told me his son was with his heavily pregnant wife who was ill so he was looking after her and part of their group were returning to Ireland the next day so they were going back to their apartment early that night.
Then you should read their statements...they say they were visiting a bar...Their statement was on the 26th, 3 weeks after and 11 days after Murat was made arguido. Im saying they didnt make immediate statements because 1. They were not at the complex where the incident took place and 2. Maybe thought their sighting was not as relevant or may not be believed.

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by Tony Bennett on 25.10.13 19:51

@galena wrote:
@Sockpuppet wrote:Can you please add the option:

'Jane Tanner engineered her sighting to match the appearance of the man witnessed by the Smith family'.
It's even more possible that Smith engineered his sighting to fit Jane's - all the information was already in the public domain - all he had to do was change the hair colour to brown to emphasise that it wasn't Murat.


galena - yes, that explanation seems to fit the facts as we know them much, much better

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13972
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by suzyjohnson on 25.10.13 19:52

@Mirage wrote:The main difficulty I have with both Crecheman and Smithman sightings is as follows:-

a) At the time of reporting his sighting - some four months after the event - Mr Smith was able to give an accurate time, courtesy of his bar bill receipt showing 9.55pm, which he must have retained for some reason.

and....

b) Crecheman waits 6yrs 5mths before coming forward to identify the world-wide e-fit of himself. He is even able to produce the pyjamas his daughter had on that night, if I have understood things correctly - (Some propositions being so bizarre I wonder if I've dreamt them).
Smith returned to Portugal on 26/5/07 to make a statement regarding his sighting. It's possible that his receipt was still lying around at his flat in PdL or the PJ could have obtained a copy from the restaurant.

There's nothing to say that crecheman wasn't spoken to and eliminated by the PJ back in May 2007. Under those circumstances he wouldn't think he needed to speak to police again. It was the McCanns who promoted the Tanner sighting, not the PJ. He might have kept the pyjamas for the simple reason that the family have younger children that the pyjamas now fit.

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1004
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by bodiddly on 25.10.13 19:54

IMO it was known by the guilty parties that smith man had been seen, so tanner man was described similarly yet
different slightly, to cover for that fact. IMO.

____________________
A lie cannot live...Martin Luther King, Jr.

bodiddly

Posts : 77
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by sallypelt on 25.10.13 19:55

@thetruthbeknown wrote:
@sami wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Nereid wrote:What if he carried Madeleine (or other child in case of decoy) to wherever he went to do whatever he did. He returned to the Ocean Club and told the group he had been seen by a group of holiday makers. Hence Tanner inventing Tannerman.
 The trouble with that theory is that it flies in the face of all common sense that at the very point of announcing that a child has gone missing, it is being seriously suggested that one of the same Tapas group who made that sensational announcemnt was walking through the streets of a holiday village - for at least several minutes, carrying a dead child - and then returned immediately to Apartment G5A.

It is so far-fetched, surely, as to require dismissal.

The 'decoy' theory is even more far-fetched.

Evidentially, all we have is a claimed sighting, of a bloke whose face wasn't seen, allegedly carrying around a young child in the cold early May late evening.

And the circumstances under which this sighting was first notified to the police is only one of a number of grounds for suspicion about the whole sighting

The value of that sighting is, well...

...under debate on two threads.

 
But i cant help thinking that the Smiths themsleves thought this, also knowing the possible 'disbelief' of any 'sighting' they put forward, as by their own admission they had been out on the lash big grin   Hence why it was not a 'few days after' statement. My alternative theory is that having found out that Murat was under scrutiny, and being quite sure the sighting they saw was definately not him, decided to at least come forward and discount them from the person whom they saw in case relevant. And then of course we have the alleged sighting of Gerry on TV...It could of happened, facial recognition is not the only way of idntifying or recognising someone, mannerisms etc, also trigger recognition too...
For gods sake, where does it say the Smiths were "out on the lash".  Are you seriously suggesting their statement was a few days afterwards because they were hung-over ???

Perhaps there are statements I have not read, but those that I did told me his son was with his heavily pregnant wife who was ill so he was looking after her and part of their group were returning to Ireland the next day so they were going back to their apartment early that night.
Then you should read their statements...they say they were visiting bars...Their statement was on the 26th, 3 weeks after and 11 days after Murat was made arguido. Im saying they didnt make immediate statements because 1. They were not at the complex where the incident took place and 2. Maybe thought their sighting was not as relevant or may not be believed.
No, they visited a restaurant. Then they visited Kelly's bar on the way back to their apartment for less than an hour.

This is taken from Martin Smith's statement:

Around 21H00 they left the restaurant and headed toward 'Kelly's Bar'; about a 50 metre distance from the restaurant, following the path, as it is very short. The walk took him a few minutes. In 'Kelly's Bar' they consumed some drinks. They left that establishment around 21H55 as his son would be travelling very early the next day.



sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SMITHMAN 2 - What can account for the 17 remarkable similarities between Tannerman and Smithman?

Post by thetruthbeknown on 25.10.13 19:57

@bodiddly wrote:IMO it was known by the guilty parties that smith man had been seen, so tanner man was described similarly yet
different slightly,  to cover for that fact. IMO.
That is a theory (in sure ive seen one similar) that says it was known a man had been 'spotted' by a family and so Tannerman was created, to throw out that sighting...

thetruthbeknown

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum