The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.10.13 23:36

KM: "well i can't possibly attend any re-questioning during 2014 cos i'm washing me hair"
GM: "well i can't possibly take part in any re-construction until 2015 cos i'm having a hair transplant"
JT: "well, does anyone know where i can get some really, really, dark brown trousers?"
Etc, etc.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 23:37

UK Justice Forum @Justice_forum 6m
Breaking: The Portuguese are to reopen the #Madeleine #McCann case as an abduction inquiry. Witnesses are to be reinterviewed by the PJ.

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 23.10.13 23:38

RT @Justice_forum: Dr Amaral said to be pleased that the AG has at last decided to reopen the #Madeleine #McCann case as it should never ha…

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 23:38

UK Justice Forum @Justice_forum 4m
Dr Amaral said to be pleased that the AG has at last decided to reopen the #Madeleine #McCann case as it should never have been shelved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 23:39

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 9m
#McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell: ``Anything that helps the search for Madeleine is an important step forward.''

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.10.13 23:40

candyfloss wrote:UK Justice Forum @Justice_forum 6m
Breaking: The Portuguese are to reopen the #Madeleine #McCann case as an abduction inquiry. Witnesses are to be reinterviewed by the PJ.
Remind me. WHO was the LAST proven person to SEE Madeleine?

Oh, i know......................GM!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.10.13 23:43

candyfloss wrote:UK Justice Forum @Justice_forum 4m
Dr Amaral said to be pleased that the AG has at last decided to reopen the #Madeleine #McCann case as it should never have been shelved.
And it never should have been shelved.

But the parents G&K McCann let it be!

In fact KM said, in her book, she was GLAD it was closed and shelved!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by statsman on 23.10.13 23:44

This may be fanciful but I think it's worth airing.

If JT's sighting is no longer relevant, then the only person needed for a reconstruction is Kate McCann.

Remember how on CW they concentrated on her 'door slamming' mental reconstruction?

Now, what if it is shown that she has lied because that scenario can be shown to her to be physically impossible, e.g. given the speed of the wind of that night?

In reality, I don't think she did come in through the patio doors that night so she has no idea that her story can be proven to be fiction.

IMO that scenario was an afterthought by the McCanns when it was shown that the shutters were not jemmied.

So, if they show she has lied about that, how can anyone believe anything she has said?

Suddenly she is not so fragrant....

Of course, they have to get her there first and it's easier to do this by her coming voluntarily which is why this whole Smithman charade has been made to be relevant as it goes along with a possible abduction,

Well, maybe it is too fanciful to actually play out like this in reality but I can dream....

statsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 23.10.13 23:45

@thetruthbeknown wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 7m
#McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell says Madeleine's parents would welcome move
they couldnt say anything else really could they?
Is that as in "they would welcome it if they could but they are lying down in a darkened room with a cold flannel on their heads at the moment"?

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 23:51

@Woofer wrote:Always in the back of my mind is the fact that the head of our CPS went to Porto in April.  Now surely they would only go if there was a definite suspect and a good case.
When it comes to overseas travel, the CPS are notoriously parsimonious and it's unlikely they would have gone to Portugal in this case unless it was to discuss matters pertaining to jurisdiction which, in itself, suggests sufficient evidence had been found to support a prosecution in the UK.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 23.10.13 23:52

@Mirage wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:
Is that as in "they would welcome it if they could but they are lying down in a darkened room with a cold flannel on their heads at the moment"?
Stock reply " we welcome the investigation,  we look forward etc " it was said by stuart hall to name but one . Its reverse psychology.  There looking forward and will assist will be met with a caviat we are willing to assist in PDL but we feel it will be of little use etc ... 
If they are going to be questioned.
I bet its due to triangulation of the phones. You see you are never truly incognito these days

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGoddess on 23.10.13 23:53

@Mirage wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:
Or they're driving around searching for a late night chemist that stocks Imodium titter

MoonGoddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.10.13 23:55

Next thing we'll hear from poodle man is that they have been asking everyday, personally, for the last 6 years 5 months, for the PJ to re-open the 'case' into their daughter's 'disappearance'

That they have spent all the 'fund' (£2million+) money on stamps on all the thousands of letters they sent to the Portuguese Attorny General's office, every day, DEMANDING that the 'case' be re-opened.

They did do ALL THAT, right?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales on 23.10.13 23:58

@MoonGoddess wrote:
@Mirage wrote:
@thetruthbeknown wrote:
Or they're driving around searching for a late night chemist that stocks Imodium titter
I notice Clarence's actual attributed words only seem to mention being happy about anything that helps "the search" in his typically mealy mouthed way.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 24.10.13 0:01

candyfloss wrote:Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 9m
#McCann spokesman Clarence Mitchell: ``Anything that helps the search for Madeleine is an important step forward.''
He is not gushing about it, do I detect a whiff of reticence?  Its more than an important step forward, it is a major development! Isn't it the result of all those years campaigning?  Where are the victory pictures outside Scotland Yard, with thanks to the police and the kind UK taxpayers for making it all possible.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 24.10.13 0:03

Just heard on LBC (London) midnight news:  calling for the case to be reopened as there are areas that need to be looked at.  Only heard some of it so this is not verbatim; will re-post after next 12.30 bulletin.  Someone else may have more.  Wow!

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 24.10.13 0:05

@statsman wrote:This may be fanciful but I think it's worth airing.

If JT's sighting is no longer relevant, then the only person needed for a reconstruction is Kate McCann.

Remember how on CW they concentrated on her 'door slamming' mental reconstruction?

Now, what if it is shown that she has lied because that scenario can be shown to her to be physically impossible, e.g. given the speed of the wind of that night?

In reality, I don't think she did come in through the patio doors that night so she has no idea that her story can be proven to be fiction.

IMO that scenario was an afterthought by the McCanns when it was shown that the shutters were not jemmied.

So, if they show she has lied about that, how can anyone believe anything she has said?

Suddenly she is not so fragrant....

Of course, they have to get her there first and it's easier to do this by her coming voluntarily which is why this whole Smithman charade has been made to be relevant as it goes along with a possible abduction,

Well, maybe it is too fanciful to actually play out like this in reality but I can dream....
In one or t'other of the CW editions, Andy Redwood said the reconstruction shown was 'the truest account yet', which suggests there may be more to come.

The PJ wanted the Tapas 9 to assist in reconstructing the events of the evening of Thursday 3rd May 2007 and I very much doubt they'll be satisfied with anything less than all of the group present in Luz in order that due process can be resumed.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 24.10.13 0:06

Will Pinky stay and work for free for them now that things seem to be happening in Portugal?

Well he would say that Mr. & Mrs. welcome the move.    How about they are delighted to hear the news and thank Portugal for their help in trying to solve the case?

Thanks for the tweets info Candyfloss, good to know what is being said on twitter.

I just watched What the Papers say on BBC1.   They showed the front pages of most of tomorrows papers.   At the beginning of the show they did show the Daily Mirror headline, but the guests nor the anchor man did not speak about the headline, a lot of it was about the Scottish job losses and the Royal Baby.

Considering the CW Appeal on BBC last week, the least they could have done was discuss this news if only for a couple of minutes imo.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 24.10.13 0:06

@jeanmonroe wrote:Next thing we'll hear from poodle man is that they have been asking everyday, personally, for the last 6 years 5 months, for the PJ to re-open the 'case' into their daughter's 'disappearance'

That they have spent all the 'fund' (£2million+) money on stamps on all the thousands of letters they sent to the Portuguese Attorny General's office, every day, DEMANDING that the 'case' be re-opened.
At the end of her report on ITV news the woman reporter made a big point that the re-opening of the case was something the McCanns had always asked for! I suppose it will take a while for the media to lose the habit of spinning.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.10.13 0:07

gbwales:
Three words people... Eddie. And. Keela.

Actually, EIGHT words.

Eddie and Keela and a certain........ Gonçalo Amaral.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 24.10.13 0:14

I don't think the McCanns will be happy about this at all.  The trolls on twitter are now saying it was only certain PJ they criticised and are trying to backtrack on years of racist abuse, lol.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melisande on 24.10.13 0:15

Makes me wonder if the one or two things that are being looked at are the people not mentioned in the CW appeal the other week.

melisande

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 24.10.13 0:15

Finally Sky have picked it up...............

Madeleine McCann: Portugal Cops May Open Case

12:04am UK, Thursday 24 October 2013

The Portuguese police are to request that the Madeleine McCann investigation be reopened, according to local media.
Police in Oporto have been reviewing the case and have identified a number of issues they wish to clarify, an unnamed police source was quoted as saying. 
The move to re-examine the case in Portugal comes after a fresh appeal for information was aired across Europe.
The original Portuguese police investigation ended in 2008  
Police received more than 2,400 phone calls from the public following the broadcast of a reconstruction of events leading up to three-year-old's disappearance in 2007

British police say their review of the case suggests it was a premeditated abduction, with their focus turning towards a man seen carrying a child at about the same time Madeleine was found to be missing from the family's holiday apartment.
Detectives have released two e-fit images of a man they want to speak to in connection with the case based on the accounts of two witnesses.
Both described seeing him in Praia da Luz on the evening of May 3.
Four other e-fits based on witness accounts of men seen in the area, some of whom may have been working as "charity collectors" who may or may not be genuine were also released.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/story/1158880/madeleine-mccann-portugal-cops-may-open-case

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 24.10.13 0:18

Who knows - maybe this site has been read, even studied.  I'm sure its research, contributors, and actual common sense will have been seen.  I can't imagine it would not have been. yes  Let's hope for progress.

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sietah on 24.10.13 0:18

@jeanmonroe wrote:KM: "well i can't possibly attend any re-questioning during 2014 cos i'm washing me hair"
I lost my trust in them ever getting what they deserve, so many times I thought aha, now the quilty onces soon wil get busted...  but you made me laugh out loud Mrs 
PJ please get them!

Sietah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum