The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Page 5 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Post by Searcher on 24.10.13 1:09

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe spoke of the case this morning on radio.  It felt to me from reading the transcript that there was an openness in his approach, to the Portuguese police.  I wonder if the timing of that interview and its tone may relate as well?

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UPDATE CASE REOPENED IN PORTUGAL - McCanns apply for 'assistant' (assistente)status

Post by plebgate on 24.10.13 1:12

What if Madam Judge allows their request to attend court in Portugal on 27th November?   Will they have to attend or can they say they no longer want to?

I think JoanaM posted something on her website that said any evidence given could be used in any other proceedings???

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 24.10.13 1:15

@plebgate wrote:No Way imo,  after all the taxpayers' money being spent can any of them not go back for reconstruction if called. 

The re-opening of the case is what they have fought for these many years and Pinky is reported as saying they welcome it.

Why would they not want to go back and help in any way?
thinking Now let's see...  there isn't any reason why any of them wouldn't want to go back to Luz.  It's what K&G have been fighting for these past 5 years and it'll give KM an opportunity to sit by 'her rocks' again when she's not helping the PJ further the investigation into her daughter's disappearance.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredofthebs on 24.10.13 1:19

I really worry they are about to fit someone up. Even the PJ are now supposedly going with an abduction hypothesis. 

This is the nightmare scenario. The McCanns are going to be completely exonnerated and probably end up becoming MPs/ambassadors. 

I couldn't stand it if that happens,

tiredofthebs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 24.10.13 1:32

@Searcher wrote:Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe spoke of the case this morning on radio.  It felt to me from reading the transcript that there was an openness in his approach, to the Portuguese police.  I wonder if the timing of that interview and its tone may relate as well?
The full transcript of Hogan-Howe's radio broadcast is on the thread below:

Re: Met boss defends Portuguese police
  ultimaThule Yesterday at 3:35 pm
"Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe has defended the way Portuguese police handled the initial investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
The country's most senior officer said it would have been "very difficult" for officers in Praia da Luz to know whether they were dealing with a serious crime immediately after the little girl vanished.
Speaking on LBC 97.3 this morning, he said: "I think sometimes these things at the beginning can be very difficult to deal with, you don't know exactly if the child has just wandered off. It can be very difficult to know if you've got a very serious crime.

Speaking on LBC 97.3 this morning, he said: "I think sometimes these things at the beginning can be very difficult to deal with, you don't know exactly if the child has just wandered off. It can be very difficult to know if you've got a very serious crime."

In the case of a missing child the UK police don't immediately seek to turn its parents' or carers' homes into crime scenes, nor do they do so without good cause.    

" I'm sure for them that must have been a challenge. Anybody can go back after two, three, five, six years and say 'why didn't you do that'?
"That's easy in hindsight.

"We don't like it when it happens to the Met, and I'm certainly not going to do it to the Portuguese." 

Serving police officers around the world are well aware of the complexities of the job and they don't rubbish the work of their international colleagues, nor do they disparage methods of working which may be different to their own due to the laws prevailing in other countries.   

"What I'm determined to do is to work together to make sure we've got the best chance to now try to get to the bottom of this terrible tragedy."

I have no doubt the Met and the PJ have been working closely together throughout. I also have no doubt that, if he wasn't aware beforehand, the PJ quickly brought Andy Redwood up to speed with regard to the characters of those he would be required to deal with in order "to get to the bottom of this terrible tragedy."

SY knows their reputation is on the line and their political masters know that, after the expenditure of millions on this and other high profile investigations, failure to produce tangible results may be reflected at the next election.
                                                                               ----------------------------

Everything of late, including Dr Amaral's UK tv appearance, has indicated that Andy Redwood and his team are working in close co-operation with the PJ and that both are determined to do right by, and get justice for, Madeleine McCann which, presumably, is precisely what her parents want.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.10.13 1:38

On a very, very, serious note:

Shouldn't the LSS be informed, given KM's 'pushing a button and car crash and we'd ALL be GONE' senarios?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 24.10.13 1:50

@jeanmonroe wrote:On a very, very, serious note:

Shouldn't the LSS be informed, given KM's 'pushing a button and car crash and we'd ALL be GONE' senarios?
I suspect LSS are aware but should anyone have any doubt, a call to the NSPCC can made in complete anonymity and any concerns will be reported to the appropriate authorities.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by appleblossom on 24.10.13 1:57

The McCann's always said they wanted the case reopened but in reality they didn't! It would only have taken a letter.

I find it curious or no coincidence that the case is gaining momentum during the libel trial.

It will be very interesting to see if the McC's will now return to Portugal to give evidence, at the trial.
I think there might be some obscure reason as to why they can't!

appleblossom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.10.13 2:07

@appleblossom wrote:The McCann's always said they wanted the case reopened but in reality they didn't! It would only have taken a letter.

I find it curious or no coincidence that the case is gaining momentum during the libel trial.

It will be very interesting to see if the McC's will now return to Portugal to give evidence, at the trial.
They would love to go back to Portugal but they would be re-arguidoed, which would be very 'unhelpful and hurtful'

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 24.10.13 2:15

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@appleblossom wrote:The McCann's always said they wanted the case reopened but in reality they didn't! It would only have taken a letter.

They would be re-arguidoed?
At the present time it's not known if the trial judge will allow K&G, or Dr Amaral for that matter, to give evidence and it remains to be seen whether they voluntarily return to Portugal to assist the PJ should their investigation be dusted down and taken off the shelf.

What interesting times we live in. smilie

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 24.10.13 2:32

Well I never. 
Unless the nightmare scenario of PJ joining in on whitewash thanks to political interference happens, this looks like positive news.

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 24.10.13 6:06

good news:clapping1: ,if it ever happens,

The OP states ABDUCTION, oh dear, i was getting exited for nothing

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spandex on 24.10.13 6:34

I think this is fantastic news, I cant see a whitewash too much publicity and too much money has been spent. I go for phone evidence and another witness to collaborate the Smith sighting and well add the dogs definitely hotting up!!!!

Spandex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennypennypenny on 24.10.13 7:03

Why do I just have the feeling that the Portuguese police will have their hands tied behind their backs.? Why di I feel that the parents will be untouchable?

Pennypennypenny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roly Poly on 24.10.13 7:20

Would love to see Gerry landing at Lisbon stating " I am not here to f-ing enjoy myself". Indeed

Roly Poly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 24.10.13 7:27

Towards the end of the video he mentions, last two years Oporto investigation, and so needing to go through leads of sx ofenders, and re opening the process.

I guess thats all that's going to be done.

Also mentions;

Mr smith, in portuguese version speaks of a man similar to Gerry, but the English now speak of mr smith and have come up with the e fit of a man looking similar to Gerry.  Does he mean there wasn't an e fit at the time ??

Oh why don't they just ask the dogs, like Gerry suggested!
lol4

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AskTheDogsSandra on 24.10.13 7:44

So, it's taken the British police 2 years and £5million quid to get the PJ to reopen the case, when all along it could have taken the McCanns just the cost of a stamp to put on a letter to the Portuguese prosecutor. shame on you 

Be careful what you wish for McCanns biggergrin

AskTheDogsSandra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 24.10.13 7:53

@tiny wrote:good news:clapping1: ,if it ever happens,

The OP states ABDUCTION, oh dear, i was getting exited for nothing
Chin up Tiny! No proper investigation reveals it's hand to the public. They can follow the abduction line ad infinitum, but if they never come up with a credible piece of evidence, it'll be risible to try and force this through as a conclusion. If, however, the phone records, withheld witness statements, cadaver dogs and contradictory stories stack up to what we believe they point to, then the investigation team have no choice but to pursue that line.

I feel they WILL have to follow the alternative route, not only because of the HUGE amount of public money that has been wasted on the McCanns, no doubt at the expense of equally deserving causes, but also because of the overall input of SY, the Portugese, global media, public donations and all the rest of it. I really think, judging by public opinion, which is overwhelmingly Hacked Off with the fragrant twosome, it will not be allowed to be swept under the carpet.

There will undoubtedly be other high profile individuals who will come under the spotlight in connection with this (Fernbridge?) and ducks will have to be carefully lined up.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by StraightThinking on 24.10.13 8:03

IF the case is reopened in Portugal, with abduction as the theme, there will have to be a separate investigation to find out who was reponsible for attempting to pervert the course of justice by planting cadaverine in 5a and the car

StraightThinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pennypennypenny on 24.10.13 8:17

I think we can safely say the mccanns won't be found guilty of anything. Just feel it in my water.

Pennypennypenny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 24.10.13 8:46

@Pennypennypenny wrote:I think we can safely say the mccanns won't be found guilty of anything. Just feel it in my water.
I agree so so gutted

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noddy100 on 24.10.13 8:53

I am sure they will be far too distressed to return to Portugal for any sort of questioning although they seem more than capable and indeed look quite happy on the steps of any court where they may be awarded ££££££££

noddy100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 24.10.13 9:00

LBC 97.3 news at 9 am:  ".. Portuguese police are expected to have their own new leads."

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 24.10.13 9:15

@noddy100 wrote:
@Pennypennypenny wrote:I think we can safely say the mccanns won't be found guilty of anything. Just feel it in my water.
I agree so so gutted
This is how I feel too, I always have. For some reason they have protection from the law.

I do absolutely believe in karma, though. You can see it in action in your own life, and in the lives of others, if only you care to look and take notice.

They cannot and will not be able to escape karma, the natural law, nobody can. It comes looking for you, there is no escape.

The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out...

Thomas Babington Macaulay

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGoddess on 24.10.13 9:28

@MrsC wrote:
@noddy100 wrote:
I agree so so gutted
This is how I feel too, I always have. For some reason they have protection from the law.

I do absolutely believe in karma, though. You can see it in action in your own life, and in the lives of others, if only you care to look and take notice.

They cannot and will not be able to escape karma, the natural law, nobody can. It comes looking for you, there is no escape.
I do believe in Karma too MrsC, but sometimes it is so hard to see evil prosper for so long....

MoonGoddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum