The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

compassion for the innocents

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

compassion for the innocents

Post by justthinking on 23.10.13 15:48

can posters please keep in mind the innocent people connected to this sad situation? The children and other relatives whose lives will never be the same again should things ever move towards the conclusion so many on this forum are pushing for?

justthinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: compassion for the innocents

Post by comperedna on 23.10.13 16:23

The pages of lovely family photographs beginning opposite page 120 in Kate's book 'Madeleine' bear looking at from time to time.

Doing so does not change my evaluation of the information about this case one iota, but it does bring to the fore thoughts  which are similar to ones that I guess must have cause you to write the above posting.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 16:24

I have every sympathy for the children involved in this case but, generally speaking, people cannot be exempted from punishment for their misdeeds because they have children. 

As regards the McCanns' adult family members and friends, I find it very hard to believe that they are not complicit in whatever happened in May 2007 and I personally cannot feel sorry for them.

I would give them some credit though for telling the truth now.

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 23.10.13 16:37

Agree with everything in the last post. What I am sorry for is that it happened, rather than specifically for the parents, though that too. If they had not gone to PDL none of this would have happened, and their better natures might have prevailed, rather than their being seemingly trapped into pursing ever more crazy and unreasonable courses of action...

Mostly, especially as someone who when last working was at least tangentially concerned with child protection, I feel dreadfully sorry for Madeleine who through simple parental foolishness and unforgiveable neglec,t has likely lost her life. There is no-one so vulnerable as a pre-school child.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.10.13 16:58

Of course we feel sorry for the twins, that goes without saying, but as NFWTD has said people have to still be held accountable for their actions even if they have children.

We must not forget all the other parents who left their little ones alone on that holiday, very vulnerable, defenceless children, they all need to be held accountable for their actions imo.

We all saw that the Philipott children had absolutely no chance of getting out of that fire  -  anything could have happened to any one of those children on that holiday.    I think it is absoultely disgraceful that they thought it ok to leave them - whether they were checking half hourly or not.

Mr. Amaral,  Mr. Tony Bennett, did anybody take their families feelings into account?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 17:53

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I have every sympathy for the children involved in this case but, generally speaking, people cannot be exempted from punishment for their misdeeds because they have children. 

As regards the McCanns' adult family members and friends, I find it very hard to believe that they are not complicit in whatever happened in May 2007 and I personally cannot feel sorry for them.

I would give them some credit though for telling the truth now.
These are my sentiments too. 

The remarkable cheerfulness exhibited by 3 of GM's siblings,  KM's mother, and uncle Brian Kennedy, that I observed in the immediate aftermath of Madeleine's disappearance was sufficient to convince me they're in it up to their necks.

If any of these conspirators were to break rank and tell the unvarnished truth now no doubt a court of law will take a lenient view of their behaviour but, given they may have contributed to an innocent little child being denied a proper burial, my opinion of them will remain unchanged.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 18:05

@ultimaThule wrote:

The remarkable cheerfulness exhibited by 3 of GM's siblings,  KM's mother, and uncle Brian Kennedy, that I observed in the immediate aftermath of Madeleine's disappearance was sufficient to convince me they're in it up to their necks.
"And the money stacking in has uplifted him", says Gerry's mother 2 weeks after Madeleine's disappearance.
At 26 secs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML-gTcKDKrM

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 18:10

@justthinking wrote:can posters please keep in mind the innocent people connected to this sad situation? The children and other relatives whose lives will never be the same again should things ever move towards the conclusion so many on this forum are pushing for?
The is only one innocent who should be kept in mind at all times and that is Madeleine Beth McCann, who was just 9 days short of her 4th birthday when she disappeared.   For the rest, I will bear them in mind as and when occasion warrants and not before. 

Maybe it's simply an unfortunate choice of words on your part, but I do not take kindly to the implication that I'm one of many 'pushing' for a conclusion which shouldn't rightly have occurred some 6 and half years ago, and more especially when justice meted out at that time would have had a less adverse effect on some than at this late date.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 18:19

Châtelaine wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:

"And the money stacking in has uplifted him", says Gerry's mother 2 weeks after Madeleine's disappearance.
At 26 secs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML-gTcKDKrM
wft I just bet it did... the greedy grasping little gobshite angry2 

Cheers for the link, Chatelaine - I hadn't seen Ma McCann before and I'd hate to think I'd omitted to add a deserving soul to my list of oxygen thieves.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 23.10.13 19:05

I would rather see a distinction between "pushing for an outcome", and the more civilised "asking questions", which is what I see as the aim here.   I am asking questions and have been ever since reading GA's book and then researching regularly as much as possible. 

Perhaps we could in our own ways light a Candle for Madeleine, and remember all children who are lost, unhappy, marginalised.  I have a hope for right outcome, and the questions here are needed.

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 20:29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eow5XijukmU

A reminder of Uncle John, heroically hiding his grief on 9th May 2007.

None of us can say how we'd behave if a close relative had supposedly been abducted by paedophiles but I'm sure it wouldn't be like this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 20:38

Thanks for reminding us, NFWTD. And isn't it great that they're willing to collaborate with the PJ, if necessary?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 20:43

Gosh, it's awful to think how different things would be if they'd decided not to co-operate!

Mrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 23.10.13 20:57

There is a very strange gene or two running through that family….

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 20:59

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eow5XijukmU

None of us can say how we'd behave if a close relative had supposedly been abducted by paedophiles but I'm sure it wouldn't be like this!
Yet another McCann displays the ability to render any sentient being speechless by his breathtaking display of blatant insincerity combined with sheer unadulterated arrogance.  No wonder he needed to hold onto the arms of his chair; if he'd let go he wouldn't be able to contain his obvious joy at the prospect of raking it in for years to come.

They've turned this poor child into hugely lucrative business and, whatever fate may have befallen her, I draw some consolation from believing she is in an infinitely better place than in the bosom of her family.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 21:06

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:There is a very strange gene or two running through that family….
The Healys are not short of a recessive gene or two either.

Jeez, what a combination.  What were the odds of that couple meeting let alone mating? scratchhead

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 21:21

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Gosh, it's awful to think how different things would be if they'd decided not to co-operate!

Mrs
It doesn't bear thinking about all those stones in 5* hotels around the world which would have been left unturned if they hadn't made their momentus decision to employ la creme de la creme of  faux sleuthing agencies to search for their child instead of relying on the Portuguese police to sort out accomodation for them in non-starred gated establishments where stone breaking is the order of the day. sarcastic

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 23.10.13 21:29

I have watched this twice, the first time I thought I may have imagined the fact that JM seemed upbeat, almost enjoying his moment of fame. The second time confirmed these thoughts, he may well have just won the lottery, saying how he intended to spend his dosh.

The McCann boys seem to love that word 'pro-active' don't they!

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 21:34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZMF7RFScs

Cousin Michael Wright certainly helped to spread the word.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 21:46

@Hicks wrote:

I have watched this twice, the first time I thought I may have imagined the fact that JM seemed upbeat, almost enjoying his moment of fame. The second time confirmed these thoughts, he may well have just won the lottery, saying how he intended to spend his dosh.

The McCann boys seem to love that word 'pro-active' don't they!
They sure do like that buzzword and it suits them because whenever anyone says 'we're going to take a pro-active approach' it means they're going to sit on their arses amusing themselves watching shite on catchup tv and taking long lunches while others do the grunt work.

If he hadn't been holding on to the arms of that chair, he would be jumping for joy on it - and no doubt did as soon as the camera was off. angryred

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.10.13 21:50

Jumping from their chairs with glee is exactly what Kate and Gerry did here at 2.40 here!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7380419.stm

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 21:58

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZMF7RFScs

Cousin Michael Wright certainly helped to spread the word.
Aha, Mr Greenink displaying bare faced effrontery to accessorise his bare head.  Are those crib notes written on 5* star hotel paper or did he have to make do with Mark Warner's inferior stationery? laughat 

Good news here: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8277-mccann-case-requested-by-pj-to-be-reopened-in-portugal

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stumo on 23.10.13 22:03

@justthinking wrote:can posters please keep in mind the innocent people connected to this sad situation? The children and other relatives whose lives will never be the same again should things ever move towards the conclusion so many on this forum are pushing for?
I don't think anyone has mentioned or has any thoughts on anything bad happening to the twins BUT i think you're taking the piss when you mention the other relatives who have never been innocent and must surely know what happened to Madeline (see the videos previously posted in this thread)

stumo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 23.10.13 22:05

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Jumping from their chairs with glee is exactly what Kate and Gerry did here at 2.40 here!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7380419.stm
As the man himself said, there's their public persona sad  and their real life persona Mr Mrs

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.10.13 22:09

I wonder if Mi5ck Mcspy has phoned them with the news of the request to re-open the case in Portugal?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum