The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

**NEW** Roma children WERE their parents' AFTER ALL - Children wrongly removed and harmed [WAS: On News in Ireland today]

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: **NEW** Roma children WERE their parents' AFTER ALL - Children wrongly removed and harmed [WAS: On News in Ireland today]

Post by russiandoll on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:11 am

The newspaper review on Sky News last night and now on Matthew Wright [  who was forthright recently about the McCann PR campaign] very critical of the media with all the reports on blonde girls and abduction panic.  Why highlight the blonde? Are children who are a totally different colouring to their parents going to arouse suspicion now? Tagging on blonde to tie in with the most famous UK missing child case.

They are scathing about the way the Roma are being portrayed, scathing about the way they are linking 2 cases outside the UK to the Maddie case, scathing that these girls do not have their own identity but are called " Maddie" by the tabloids, as if Maddie is the icon for all missing children.
 A non-story used cynically for sales.

My point  : the girl found in Dublin has her features blurred. Why did the little girl in Greece not have her privacy protected? If the Greeks thought fit to send the media a photo, that was wrong imo and it was the duty of the media not to show her face.

There was an article in a UK paper some years ago about how a Liverpool couple drew attention, one parent black, the other white and people were amazed that their 2 offspring were not a similar shade of coffee  [ as if it is like mixing colours on an artist's palette], one was white, the other black.
 Go figure.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: **NEW** Roma children WERE their parents' AFTER ALL - Children wrongly removed and harmed [WAS: On News in Ireland today]

Post by Daisy on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:21 am

@Lance De Boils wrote:So, once more, gypsies are mentioned alongside Madeleine.

I would love to know Jes Wilkins' take on these sorts of stories. After all, he has a fair amount of inside knowledge about the travelling community, having directed "Big Fat Gypsy Weddings" (or whatever it was called).
I think Jes Wilkins has succeeded in what he was paid (very handsomely) to do. To demonise, ridicule and exploit Gypsies/Travellers to the point where people despise them. By using a select few families to give an 'insight' into Gypsy life the whole lot get tarred with the same brush. There's plenty of highly respectable Gypsy families but they don't fit with the agenda so don't get portrayed. Not that they'd want to, they are very private people.

IF I had a vision for a New World Order I'd want all these groups bringing into line too, can't be having people living under the radar. EVERYONE should be under surveillance/ monitored from the cradle to the grave! No, can't be having free people roaming the planet doing things their way, that's ludicrous! 

I Expect to see plenty more of this anti Gypsy propaganda.

Jes Wilkins & his Big Fat Gypsy Goldmine:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106498/Big-Fat-Gypsy-goldmine-How-TV-company-exploited-travellers-make-rich-indeed.html

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:16 am

@pauline wrote:haven't posted in a while but have to comment on this worrying case.

Our biggest selling paper the Irish Independent is today reporting that the child may well be the daughter of the Roma couple. 

It seems they didn't live where they now do when the child was born, and that the name on the birth certificate produced is not what they call her now, which apparently is quite common among the Roma. indeed I know people who have formally named a child one thing and call him or her something else in practice, and that name may not obviously relate to the birth name. Also possibly (my theory) the Roma couple may not have had very good English and may not have been able to explain these things.

It looks like very sloppy work by the police. Hopefully we will know the truth in the next 24 hours when the DNA results are in. If she is their child the family would get big damages against the state.

If this is all a big mistake hopefully it will prevent other children being snatched from their parents before it becomes an epidemic.

One of my own children looks so unlike me that people have commented on it!
Thanks Pauline for posting this - I'd heard that this was probably going to be the case but couldn't find any newspaper pieces reporting it - surprise, surprise! Let us hope, if this is true, that the little girl will be returned to her family asap and the family receive a very public apology/compensation for the stress caused them from this heavy handed knee jerk reaction. It prob won't happen, and our newspapers aren't likely to cover any fall-out this has caused... 

With regard to Jes Wilkins and 'the big fat gypsy wedding' docs - if you can call them that - I watched one, and was appalled by the exploitation of these families, but was more concerned at the way the cameras always seemed to linger over the very young girls, all dressed up in make-up like they were about to appear on Tiny Pops (remember that) closing in on them when they were dancing, or should we say gyrating around in sexy clothes.... It all felt very uncomfortable and made me wonder how staged, how much these little girls were coerced into doing this. After all, TV companies have form on this kind of thing, particularly Channel 4. It just made me wander - who was behind this series, and more importantly for whose entertainment was this really for?

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:24 am

@Daisy wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:So, once more, gypsies are mentioned alongside Madeleine.

I would love to know Jes Wilkins' take on these sorts of stories. After all, he has a fair amount of inside knowledge about the travelling community, having directed "Big Fat Gypsy Weddings" (or whatever it was called).
I think Jes Wilkins has succeeded in what he was paid (very handsomely) to do. To demonise, ridicule and exploit Gypsies/Travellers to the point where people despise them. By using a select few families to give an 'insight' into Gypsy life the whole lot get tarred with the same brush. There's plenty of highly respectable Gypsy families but they don't fit with the agenda so don't get portrayed. Not that they'd want to, they are very private people.

IF I had a vision for a New World Order I'd want all these groups bringing into line too, can't be having people living under the radar. EVERYONE should be under surveillance/ monitored from the cradle to the grave! No, can't be having free people roaming the planet doing things their way, that's ludicrous! 

I Expect to see plenty more of this anti Gypsy propaganda.

Jes Wilkins & his Big Fat Gypsy Goldmine:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106498/Big-Fat-Gypsy-goldmine-How-TV-company-exploited-travellers-make-rich-indeed.html

‘Jes Wilkins has become known as the Gypsy King' big grin 
Perhaps the police could ask him how many blonde girls he's seen in Gypsy camps.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106498/Big-Fat-Gypsy-goldmine-How-TV-company-exploited-travellers-make-rich-indeed.html#ixzz2iXSNQMAa

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:35 am

pauline wrote:
"It seems they didn't live where they now do when the child was born, and that the name on the birth certificate produced is not what they call her now, which apparently is quite common among the Roma. indeed I know people who have formally named a child one thing and call him or her something else in practice, and that name may not obviously relate to the birth name. Also possibly (my theory) the Roma couple may not have had very good English and may not have been able to explain these things."
..........................................................................................................

Would that apply to the McCanns and family and friends, who called Madeleine..............Maddie, Maddy, Margaret etc?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:41 am

Coming soon 'BIG FAT ROMA GYPSY POLICE RAID' "LIVE"! directed by Jezza Willkins.
blurb:(allegedly)
"we spent weeks and weeks filming scantily clad underaged girls but noticed some didn't seem to fit in with the racial profile of the families they were with. We informed the police. This is the result of our filming"
NEXT WEEK:
"watch as we go live with police as they arrest brown haired, brown eyed children at a wedding in Westminster, London seen with dyed blonde haired, middle aged, mothers"

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:49 am

@jeanmonroe wrote:'BIG FAT ROMA GYPSY POLICE RAID' "LIVE"! directed by Jez Wilkins.
blurb:
"we spent weeks and weeks filming scantily clad underaged girls but noticed some didn't seem to fit in with the racial profile of the families they were with. We informed the police. This is the result of our filming"
Jez Wilkins? The Jez Wilkins?

Mike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:51 am

Irish newsflash on radio one minute ago

Another Roma child taken into custody from somewhere in the Irish midlands.

This, when it appears the Dublin child case, may have been a police cock up.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:00 pm

chris wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:'BIG FAT ROMA GYPSY POLICE RAID' "LIVE"! directed by Jez Willkins.
blurb:
Jez Willkins? The Jez Willkins?
Edited to be non libellous

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:03 pm

@jeanmonroe wrote:Coming soon 'BIG FAT ROMA GYPSY POLICE RAID' "LIVE"! directed by Jezza Willkins.
blurb:
NEXT WEEK:
"watch as we go live with police as they arrest brown haired, brown eyed children at a wedding in Westminster, London seen with dyed blonde haired, middle aged, mothers"
Hmmmmm

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Does anyone find this 'strange'?

An awful lot of middle aged MEN concerned and 'interested' in under aged girls 'protection'.

I don't see many of these middle aged male 'protectors' being so concerned with under aged boys!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:11 pm

@russiandoll wrote:The newspaper review on Sky News last night and now on Matthew Wright [  who was forthright recently about the McCann PR campaign] very critical of the media with all the reports on blonde girls and abduction panic.  Why highlight the blonde? Are children who are a totally different colouring to their parents going to arouse suspicion now? Tagging on blonde to tie in with the most famous UK missing child case.

They are scathing about the way the Roma are being portrayed, scathing about the way they are linking 2 cases outside the UK to the Maddie case, scathing that these girls do not have their own identity but are called " Maddie" by the tabloids, as if Maddie is the icon for all missing children.
 A non-story used cynically for sales.

My point  : the girl found in Dublin has her features blurred. Why did the little girl in Greece not have her privacy protected? If the Greeks thought fit to send the media a photo, that was wrong imo and it was the duty of the media not to show her face.

There was an article in a UK paper some years ago about how a Liverpool couple drew attention, one parent black, the other white and people were amazed that their 2 offspring were not a similar shade of coffee  [ as if it is like mixing colours on an artist's palette], one was white, the other black.
 Go figure.
Glad someone else watched the Wright Stuff this morning. MW & the panel were pretty incredulous over THAT headline in the Daily Star and weren't pussyfooting around the issue. Hopefully someone with a bit of know how will put the clip up when it's available. Well worth a watch, thanks for mentioning it RD.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:22 pm

Chris: yes, it's THAT Jeremy (Jez) Wilkins - he who has also worked with Donal MacIntyre who produced possibly the most hilarious version of events ever - that's if it's not meant to be a spoof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLwzIxpQgfs

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:24 pm

I think all Roma families should 'dye' all their children's 'blonde'!

Then when the ol' bill raid their homes all the kids could stand up and say 'i'm Maddie' 'i'm Maddie' 'i'm Maddie' ala Spartacus!

I'm sure the HO could be 'persuaded' to 'fund' the 'raids' on behalf of two of their 'clients'!

Should only cost about £6, 228 a DAY!

The SAME 'cost' (per DAY) of 'Operation Strange' being carried out by SY for 'finding' Madeleine.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:31 pm

@pauline wrote:Irish newsflash on radio one minute ago

Another Roma child taken into custody from somewhere in the Irish midlands.

This, when it appears the Dublin child case, may have been a police cock up.
Another one? Can you get some more info on this? 

Perhaps the first couple in Dublin have checked out - so they need a new witch hunt.

And yes JeanM - I too have noticed it always seems to be Men involved in these investigations, and fronting up most children's charities too (bar of course the one KM is involved with).

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:32 pm

He's doing a speech at (don't laugh) the FACTUAL FESTIVAL in November. laughat 

Jes Wilkins
Head of Programmes, Firecracker Films.
Jes Wilkins has been the key creative influence on Firecracker's UK output since joining in 2008 running development, managing a team of exec producers and overseeing many programmes himself.
Jes has been responsible for some of the highest rating and most talked about factual programming of recent years including Big Fat Gypsy Weddings, Daredevils, Unsafe Sex in the City, Married to the Moonies, Susan Boyle - Unlikely Superstar, The Autistic Me, Babies Behind Bars, Sex on Wheels, The Repo Man and The Man With The ten Stone Testicles.
Before joining Firecracker Jes was head of Factual Entertainment at Zig Zag where his films included Virgin School and The Girl With 8 Limbs.

Speaking at: NEW OPPORTUNITIES: THE MARKET FOR SINGLE FILMS

http://www.televisual.com/festival/speakers.html

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:35 pm

the latest Irish child has now been returned. A two year old boy living in Athlone. I've now heard he was taken into care yesterday but the case only hit the media this morning.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:48 pm

So Sky News are NOT the 'first' for 'breaking news' then!

NOTHING ON THEIR SITE!

Opps!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:50 pm

@jeanmonroe wrote:Does anyone find this 'strange'?

An awful lot of middle aged MEN concerned and  'interested' in under aged girls 'protection'.

I don't see many of these middle aged male 'protectors'  being so concerned with under aged boys!

I have no doubt we can rest assured there are numerous middle-aged males working in both the caring and legal professions together with the priesthood who are dedicated to the 'protection of under-age boys', not to mention those in the entertainment industry who so generously give their time to fundraising for the cause.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:54 pm

@Daisy wrote:He's doing a speech at (don't laugh) the FACTUAL FESTIVAL in November. laughat 

Jes Wilkins
Jes Wilkins has been the key creative influence on Firecracker's UK output since joining in 2008 running development, managing a team of exec producers and overseeing many programmes himself.
Jes has been responsible for some of the highest rating and most talked about factual programming of recent years including Big Fat Gypsy Weddings, Daredevils, Unsafe Sex in the City, Married to the Moonies, Susan Boyle - Unlikely Superstar, The Autistic Me, Babies Behind Bars, Sex on Wheels, The Repo Man and The Man With The ten Stone Testicles.
Before joining Firecracker Jes was head of Factual Entertainment at Zig Zag where his films included Virgin School and The Girl With 8 Limbs.

[ laughter fail ]

You really couldn't make it up, could you?

[ holds head in hands ]

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:58 pm

@Daisy wrote:He's doing a speech at (don't laugh) the FACTUAL FESTIVAL in November. laughat 

Jes Wilkins

Jes Wilkins  - (imo) Head of Exploitation programmes. 

Yuk - most of these films feature, by the look of his hideous back-catalogue, vulnerable adults and children. So easy to make money out of those down on their luck. These programmes always give me the feeling that the produce is looking down on the person involved, whilst trying to portray the opposite. Sure he doesn't have anything to do with the 'JK Show' another skin crawling exploiter imo

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:10 pm

@jeanmonroe wrote:So Sky News are NOT the 'first' for 'breaking news' then!

NOTHING ON THEIR SITE!

Opps!
This child was a boy.......not a blond girl, it will not headline on Sky or anywhere else I bet, no good marketing ploy in the story.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Well, well, well, what a coincidence – tonight on More 4 (freeview 14) at 9.00 p.m. – My Big Fat Gypsy Weddings, Luck of the Irish (first shown August 2013) - a one-off special -

"In this special episode we celebrate all things Ireland, meeting Irish Travellers from both sides of the Irish Sea, exploring the special bond they share and some of the values they often don't….

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now who would have been in Ireland before August this year to make this programme, whilst Crimewatch was in the making and when the Libel case was being sorted out, and who owns the production company and has links to the McCanns, hmmm, I wonder?

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:28 pm

@Newintown wrote:Well, well, well, what a coincidence – tonight on More 4 (freeview 14) at 9.00 p.m. – My Big Fat Gypsy Weddings, Luck of the Irish (first shown August 2013) - a one-off special -

"In this special episode we celebrate all things Ireland, meeting Irish Travellers from both sides of the Irish Sea, exploring the special bond they share and some of the values they often don't….

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now who would have been in Ireland before August this year to make this programme, whilst Crimewatch was in the making and when the Libel case was being sorted out, and who owns the production company and has links to the McCanns, hmmm, I wonder?
Hmmm... Interesting thoughts Newintown. thinking 

@ Mouse, I share your sentiments on JW there.

It's Surprising how many people first involved in the McCann case have gone on to find great wealth & success.

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:49 pm

@mouse wrote:

Jes Wilkins

Jes Wilkins  - (imo) Head of Exploitation programmes. 

Yuk - most of these films feature, by the look of his hideous back-catalogue, vulnerable adults and children. So easy to make money out of those down on their luck. These programmes always give me the feeling that the produce is looking down on the person involved, whilst trying to portray the opposite. Sure he doesn't have anything to do with the 'JK Show' another skin crawling exploiter imo
I agree, these voyeuristic programmes are nothing more than the exploitation of vulnerable people, many of whom have physical and/or psychological health problems. I'm sure the producers look down on them from a great height and don't really give a stuff about their problems. They're only interested in making a fast buck, but they do so love to think of themselves as 'politically correct'. Remember how Jes Wilkins partner, Bridget O'Donnell, was pretty damn quick to use Robert Murat's detached retina to depict him as an unsavoury, perverted character, "The translator had a squint and sweated slightly. He was breathless, perhaps a little excited. We later found out he was Robert Murat. He reminded me of a boy in my class at school who was bullied".

Imo, many of those in the media look down on their viewers and readers too - they seem to think that their opinions are the only valid ones, and in this case anyone who disagrees with them is labelled a 'troll'.

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum