The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

FRAUDULENT FUND

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FRAUDULENT FUND

Post by PeterMac on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:14 pm

This just tweeted
"Just spoke to NatWest bank..
They checked with manager then confirmed they are no longer taking donations to Find M #McCann << bites fist >>"

and this
"oh dear oh dear...Nat West pulling out quicker than the Pope after a Father Pacheco phone call #mccann"
Loved this one
"The NatWest cashier said they are not taking more donations to find M #McCann but you can give to Disaster Relief.
GM - "it's a disaster"

and
"Don't K&G #mccann want any more help finding their missing daughter? Donations no longer being accepted, what's going on? "

"Maybe the http://findmadeleine.com website is being updated to include #xmas stock? Chocolate abductors and e-fit advent calendars? #"

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:25 pm

"Maybe the http://findmadeleine.com website is being updated to include #xmas stock? Chocolate abductors and e-fit advent calendars? #"
That must be it?  

Calling Kevin.....!  Hello Kevin...HO HO HO .....

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Who is going to pay for all the legal fees, now that there is no fund?  ID working for nothing?

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:31 pm

@PeterMac wrote:This just tweeted
"Just spoke to NatWest bank..
They checked with manager then confirmed they are no longer taking donations to Find M #McCann << bites fist >>"

and this
"oh dear oh dear...Nat West pulling out quicker than the Pope after a Father Pacheco phone call #mccann"
Loved this one
"The NatWest cashier said they are not taking more donations to find M #McCann but you can give to Disaster Relief.  
GM - "it's a disaster"

and
"Don't K&G #mccann want any more help finding their missing daughter? Donations no longer being accepted, what's going on? "

"Maybe the http://findmadeleine.com  website is being updated to include #xmas stock? Chocolate abductors and e-fit advent calendars? #"
Would that be because they got wind all is not going well for them ......?
Hard to believe the directors/trustees suddenly grow a conscience.

Or is that just twitter hoax?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Clarence Mitchell Lies on NZ Radio By admin, on April 19th, 2009

I’d stress as well that the money that people have donated from around the world is only being spent on that campaign and Kate and Gerry’s legal costs and media management in the shape of me that’s all coming from the financial benefactors who are contributing quite separately so that anybody who has given money to help find Madeleine need have no fear that their money is being spent on lawyers fees or anything like that. . . . → Read More: Clarence Mitchell Lies on NZ Radio - See more at: http://mccannfundfraud.info/#sthash.u0cXiyU4.dpuf

on May 9th, 2011
 Brian Kennedy gave an interview at the Rothley War Memorial on May 17, 2007. He was eager to tell us how to donate money to the “Fund” via two banks – the Nat West and the Royal Bank of Scotland. He also told us that the money would mainly be used for legal expenditure. . . . → Read More: Brian Kennedy Admits Madeleine Fund was for Legal Expenditure - See more at: http://mccannfundfraud.info/#sthash.u0cXiyU4.dpuf

Back in the summer of 2007 when the McCanns stayed in Portugal for four months following the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine, the two wealthy doctors were in financial difficulty. Gerry McCann’s sister Patricia recently revealed that family members helped them to pay the mortgage payments on their house in Rothley, Leicestershire. . . . → Read More: - See more at: http://mccannfundfraud.info/#sthash.u0cXiyU4.dpuf

http://mccannfundfraud.info/

Always good to go over old ground, occasionally

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:08 pm

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Fund is still open!

Post by Enid O'Dowd on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Following rumours that The Fund is no longer taking donations I decided to check this out.

I made a £1 donation from my Irish current account on Monday 2nd December by online bank transfer to the NatWest account number given on the McCann's website.

Today I received a Payment Debit Advice note confirming the transfer had been made. The £1 left my account on Monday and when I checked just now, my donation had not been returned.

If the money comes back, which looks unlikely at this stage, I will post the details.

Enid O'Dowd
Researcher

View user profile http://www.enidodowd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:28 pm

So it would appear these are only rumours after all.
Could it be possible that the donated money went to an alternative charity though,if the fund is under investigation surely the police wouldn't want to draw attention to that until enough evidence has been gathered.
Probably naive of me and wishful thinking from me,to the beginning of the end though.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:48 am

seems like it hasn't stopped taking donations then

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:04 am

I cannot donate.  There are a few opportunities on the website to push the donate button:

On the home page
On the support page
On the online store page

Regardless of which button I use I end up with a message to say the store is being updated, check back soon.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:20 am

@sami wrote:I cannot donate.  There are a few opportunities on the website to push the donate button:

On the home page
On the support page
On the online store page

Regardless of which button I use I end up with a message to say the store is being updated, check back soon.
just tried to donate online too,same message,so how was Enid able too donate I wonder.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:44 am

Tiny, I don't know.  I have tried in the other countries sections also, and get the same result.

I have been checking this for close on two weeks now, with the same outcome each time.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:48 am

@tiny wrote:
@sami wrote:I cannot donate.  There are a few opportunities on the website to push the donate button:

On the home page
On the support page
On the online store page

just tried to donate online too,same message,so how was Enid able too donate I wonder.
Perhaps someone 'reading' here realised that a 'straggling loop-hole' remained, that hadn't yet been closed down, and did it pretty smartish. ... big grin

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:49 am

A very interesting read of your look at accts for 2012 enid O dowle was susinct and to the point  thank you  joyce1938

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:55 am

Hi sami and tiny,
Enid done a bank transfer from what I can see,so all she needed was the funds acvount number and sort code.
It wasnt done directly through the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:13 am

F
Bellisa wrote:Hi sami and tiny,
Enid done a bank transfer from what I can see,so all she needed was the funds acvount number and sort code.
It wasnt done directly through the site.
Thanks.  So the bank account is live, but the website is not.  Is that the case ?

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:21 am

It seems so,.i seen rumours all over twitter yesterday saying otherwise but it looks like a rumour quickly spread!

Back to top Go down

Donating to the Fund

Post by Enid O'Dowd on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:28 am

Yes I made my donation by bank transfer which is easy if you have online banking. In the Support section of the website the bank account details are given and also IBAN and BIC numbers which you need if you are not in the UK.

It is true that you can't donate directly from their site - if you press donate online you get a message - we are updating our online store.

I think that message has been there for at least a couple of weeks -perhaps someone would clarify how long direct donating has been unavailable.

Since the bank account is open and accepting my £1 you would think they would finish their 'updating' to facilitate potential donors.

Enid O'Dowd
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:46 am

Enid,

Afaik its down since 16th november.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enid O'Dowd on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:07 am

Bellisa - thanks for the information.

So it would appear to have been down for 3 weeks at least. Odd that it would not be sorted in that time. But I do not believe that the Fund is losing much by this!

It will be interesting to see the income in the accounts to 31 March 2013 which are due to be filed by the end of this month, though unlikely we will get any analysis of that income.

Enid O'Dowd
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:49 am

No problem Enid.

I cant imagine many donations been made myself.
Yes I look forward to seeing them also, I believe they are to be filed before the 31st. Do you know how soon they would become available to view?

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:06 pm

I remember that the book had a sticker on it which said that all profits would be donated to the Fund. I look forward to seeing how much they were. I recollect that there was no mention of any advance received in last year's accounts, so it should be the full amount and not the balance.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enid O'Dowd on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Bellisa wrote:No problem Enid.

I cant imagine many donations been made myself.
Yes I look forward to seeing them also, I believe they are to be filed before the 31st. Do you know how soon they would become available to view?

Accounts etc normally become available very shortly after they have been received. At certain times there can be a backlog of submissions for processing which can be the case at the end of the calendar year. Companies House should be aware of the busy filing times and rota staff accordingly. However over Xmas and New Year staff want to take leave which can add to delays. If the Fund Accounts are filed on Dec 31, hopefully they would be available in a matter of days.

Enid O'Dowd
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Enid O'Dowd on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:16 pm

@Miraflores wrote:I remember that the book had a sticker on it which said that all profits would be donated to the Fund. I look forward to seeing how much they were. I recollect that there was no mention of any advance received in last year's accounts, so it should be the full amount and not the balance.
Miraflores - you might like to refer to my report on the Fund on www.mccannfiles.com where I comment on the advance and draw what conclusions I can from the limited information in the Fund accounts. My second report (accounts year to March 2012) would be the relevant one.

Enid O'Dowd
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Here's a link straight to that report:
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id429.html

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: