The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.


Jill Havern
Forum owner

Anyone for scraps?

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Newintown on 06.09.14 18:15

@Nina wrote:I think it was to just paint a picture of companionship and affection after getting the children to sleep. A time of calm with a drink of a wine that was special to them, had special memories as a couple. Sitting chatting, enjoying the wine and then a leisurely supper with friends. puke

Or could it be to get funding or a "Find Madeleine" promotion campaign from the makers of New Zealand wine.  The McCanns never seemed to miss a trick when it came to making money for their "fund".

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Nina on 06.09.14 18:19

I find it difficult to even believe they would be able to buy anything other than Portuguese wine at a very small local supermarket. I live within an hour of the Costa del Sol and would struggle to get anything other than Spanish wines even from the very large supermarkets. Carrefour do sell some French wines but eh it is a French company.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2657
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Guest on 06.09.14 18:30

@Nina wrote:I find it difficult to even believe they would be able to buy anything other than Portuguese wine at a very small local supermarket. I live within an hour of the Costa del Sol and would struggle to get anything other than Spanish wines even from the very large supermarkets. Carrefour do sell some French wines but eh it is a French company.

I thought the same, Nina. If NZ wine was available it would have been very expensive, I'd imagine. Which is why I wonder about these receipts. I wouldn't put it past Gerry to skimp on everyday essentials like kids' shoes and childcare behind the scenes but to ostentatiously buy expensive wine when in the company of those he can now gratefully refer to as his peers.

See also Kate's expensive new pink trainers (selling then for about £80 (Gerry also had the mens' version to match, b t w) - their own image on display to the outside world is paramount.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Newintown on 06.09.14 18:41

@Nina wrote:I find it difficult to even believe they would be able to buy anything other than Portuguese wine at a very small local supermarket. I live within an hour of the Costa del Sol and would struggle to get anything other than Spanish wines even from the very large supermarkets. Carrefour do sell some French wines but eh it is a French company.

That's why I mentioned in my post that the McCanns were looking for funding or a promotional campaign from suppliers of NZ wine.  I couldn't believe either that they could buy NZ wine from a local supermarket in PDL without paying sky high prices for it.  I've been to Spain and Portugal many times and as you say the local supermarkets mostly stock only Spanish or Portuguese wines.

The fact the KM had mentioned "New Zealand" wine had a purpose.  The McCanns don't do or say anything unless it has a purpose which assists them, in any way or form.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Rufus T on 06.09.14 18:44

@truthfultiger wrote:Hmm, isn't there a very famous pop star with a vineyard just up the road? Maybe they didn't want to admit to drinking Portuguese wine. Or maybe I'm getting too far fetched... I don't know.
Although Kitty does have a vineyard I was thinking of a certain family of wine merchants who also happened to be connected to the OC, just a thought.

Rufus T

Posts : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-18
Location : Glasgow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New Zealand wine in a Portuguese supermarket...

Post by missbeetle on 06.09.14 20:21

@Nina wrote:I find it difficult to even believe they would be able to buy anything other than Portuguese wine at a very small local supermarket. I live within an hour of the Costa del Sol and would struggle to get anything other than Spanish wines even from the very large supermarkets. Carrefour do sell some French wines but eh it is a French company.

Hi Nina -

I looked up Baptista supermarket - it's a rather fancy place, with a bakery, deli and a café with outdoor seating -

- it also has "an excellent national and foreign wine selection" :


(snipped from the Baptista Supermercado website, with thanks)

____________________
'Tis strange, but true; for truth is always strange...
(from Lord Byron's 'Don Juan', 1823)

missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Nina on 06.09.14 20:38

@missbeetle wrote:
@Nina wrote:I find it difficult to even believe they would be able to buy anything other than Portuguese wine at a very small local supermarket. I live within an hour of the Costa del Sol and would struggle to get anything other than Spanish wines even from the very large supermarkets. Carrefour do sell some French wines but eh it is a French company.

Hi Nina -

I looked up Baptista supermarket - it's a rather fancy place, with a bakery, deli and a café with outdoor seating -

- it also has "an excellent national and foreign wine selection" :


(snipped from the Baptista Supermercado website, with thanks)

Well there you go I was incorrect. Thank you missbeetle for your research.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2657
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Nina on 06.09.14 20:47

Mmmm seems they updated in May 2009 from this,

http://www.supermercado-baptista.com/?page_id=5

and then opened a new supporting supermarket to make way for more in the former older one,

http://www.luz-info.com/supermarkets.htm#Baptista

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2657
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by nglfi on 06.09.14 21:22

I always took it as just an insult towards the Portuguese - 'your wine isn't good enough for us, only NZ will do'. They got into thehabit quite early on of attacking the Portuguese at every turn.

nglfi

Posts : 337
Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Gaggzy on 07.09.14 0:52



For a moment there, I thought this was a photo of all the booze imbibed by the Tapas 9 on
May 3rd 2007.  puke


Huh, silly me .... where's the lager?

Gaggzy

Posts : 488
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2014-06-08
Location : North West.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by cloak'ndagger on 07.09.14 12:09

@Gaggzy wrote:

For a moment there, I thought this was a photo of all the booze imbibed by the Tapas 9 on
May 3rd 2007.  puke


Huh, silly me .... where's the lager?
Gaggsy One doesn't drink lager clapping

Baptistas did not stock New Zealand wine at the time. I know because I asked them. spin spin

cloak'ndagger

Posts : 118
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Nina on 07.09.14 12:38

@cloak'ndagger wrote:
@Gaggzy wrote:

For a moment there, I thought this was a photo of all the booze imbibed by the Tapas 9 on
May 3rd 2007.  puke


Huh, silly me .... where's the lager?
Gaggsy One doesn't drink lager clapping

Baptistas did not stock New Zealand wine at the time. I know because I asked them. spin spin

cloak'ndagger, many will not believe you, but I do roses

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2657
Reputation : 222
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by HelenMeg on 07.09.14 13:34

In that case - they probably mentioned the NZ wine to account for buying something in another shop further afield. If they went to a SHOP further away  or out of PdL to buy, say, cleaning materials, then they maybe needed an excuse for why they did not just go to the local store. Everything always for a reason - always to cover up.....Always

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 199
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by cloak'ndagger on 07.09.14 17:23

@Nina wrote:
@cloak'ndagger wrote:
@Gaggzy wrote:

For a moment there, I thought this was a photo of all the booze imbibed by the Tapas 9 on
May 3rd 2007.  puke


Huh, silly me .... where's the lager?
Gaggsy One doesn't drink lager clapping

Baptistas did not stock New Zealand wine at the time. I know because I asked them. spin spin

cloak'ndagger, many will not believe you, but I do roses
Nina. I holiday in that area a lot . I don't care who believes me. I was asked to check it out soon after the ''abduction''. I asked in the mini supermarket and they told me that wine was not stocked there. I asked if it was stored in the cellars and I was told ''no''. I wouldn't see the point in lying. roses

cloak'ndagger

Posts : 118
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Guest on 07.09.14 18:15

Is it a case of "how do you know when people have a apple thingy,its because they tell you" you know my computer/phone is better than your's, so I drink a better class of wine than most and you need to know.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Okeydokey on 07.09.14 23:22

@HelenMeg wrote:In that case - they probably mentioned the NZ wine to account for buying something in another shop further afield. If they went to a SHOP further away  or out of PdL to buy, say, cleaning materials, then they maybe needed an excuse for why they did not just go to the local store. Everything always for a reason - always to cover up.....Always

I think that is quite a credible theory...or two people go into a shop, they separate...one buys NZ wine with a card, another buys cleaning materials with cash...they emerge together.

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Gaggzy on 08.09.14 1:53

How about this one for a 'scrap.' It has always bugged me and it's one the police should jump on him for :

'There's no evidence that Madeleine is dead, and no evidence to implicate us in her death.' - Gerry McCann.

I'm sure pinky came out with something along similar lines and mentioned Madeleine's death.

fan

Gaggzy

Posts : 488
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2014-06-08
Location : North West.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by aquila on 08.09.14 2:04

@Gaggzy wrote:How about this one for a 'scrap.' It has always bugged me and it's one the police should jump on him for :

'There's no evidence that Madeleine is dead, and no evidence to implicate us in her death.' - Gerry McCann.

I'm sure pinky came out with something along similar lines and mentioned Madeleine's death.

fan
This might help you out Gaggzy

[color:79e0=000000]Clarence Mitchell: "If she is dead then she is dead, but not by their hand."

[color:79e0=000000]http://www.mccannfiles.com/id255.html



aquila

Posts : 7957
Reputation : 1182
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Gaggzy on 08.09.14 3:54

@aquila wrote:
@Gaggzy wrote:How about this one for a 'scrap.' It has always bugged me and it's one the police should jump on him for :

'There's no evidence that Madeleine is dead, and no evidence to implicate us in her death.' - Gerry McCann.

I'm sure pinky came out with something along similar lines and mentioned Madeleine's death.

fan
This might help you out Gaggzy

Clarence Mitchell: "If she is dead then she is dead, but not by their hand."

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id255.html



Yep, that's the one.

Their quotes over the years are littered with gems like these.

Gaggzy

Posts : 488
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2014-06-08
Location : North West.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by nglfi on 09.09.14 13:00

Another scrap - both Kate and Gerry's interest in and insistence on paedophilia as an explanation for what happened, when not the slightest scrap of evidence exists to suggest anything like that happened. Gerry's visit to CEOP headquarters and the involvement of Jim Gamble - why? Let's assume for argument's sake that the macs are innocent.  The known facts are that Madeleine disappeared,  with no trace of her going any further from the apartment,  except perhaps the Smith man sighting. There is also a strong possibility she sadly died in the apartment as the dogs revealed. Where the hell did they get paedophilia from? If I was a parent I imagine it is the last thing I would want to deal with and think about the possibility of it having happened. I imagine I could not bear to think about it, yet within apparent moments of discovering her 'gone', Gerry is talking about it to all and sundry.

nglfi

Posts : 337
Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-01-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by juliet on 09.09.14 14:15

I agree that they seemed to pluck the paedophile angle from nowhere. They were adamant it wasn't possible that Maddie had wandered off...though they have never explained why. Even the term abducted originated with them. I think most of us would have used kidnapped instead. But of course they didn't even consider the possible demand for a ransom, did they? Even if police had asked for secrecy, they had already blabbed to half England, including mass media.

juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Okeydokey on 10.09.14 1:29

@nglfi wrote:Another scrap - both Kate and Gerry's interest in and insistence on paedophilia as an explanation for what happened, when not the slightest scrap of evidence exists to suggest anything like that happened. Gerry's visit to CEOP headquarters and the involvement of Jim Gamble - why? Let's assume for argument's sake that the macs are innocent.  The known facts are that Madeleine disappeared,  with no trace of her going any further from the apartment,  except perhaps the Smith man sighting. There is also a strong possibility she sadly died in the apartment as the dogs revealed. Where the hell did they get paedophilia from? If I was a parent I imagine it is the last thing I would want to deal with and think about the possibility of it having happened. I imagine I could not bear to think about it, yet within apparent moments of discovering her 'gone', Gerry is talking about it to all and sundry.

Yep, can anyone post the "predator" moment from the first (BBC?) documentary (the "whoosh clunk" documentary)? Where GMcC and someone else are hiding behind a wall opposite the apartment imagining how a "predator" might have been hiding there. The relish with which he speaks of it is quite bizarre in my recollection.

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Dee14 on 12.09.14 10:57

The bag containing the green t-shirt, pencil case, etc, was reported to have also contained a pair of jeans that yielded a moderate match to Madeleine's DNA. I can't find anything in th FSS reports about that - can anyone help? Also the towel with Aztec pattern found in the barn?

Other scraps - during the Levenson enquiry Gerry referred to Madeleine as Madeline, same pronunciation as the cartoon/book character. What on earth to make of that?!

I've always been intrigued by the taxi driver's sighting. While the time/distance factors make it seem unlikely, there's something about it that seems to ring true. Were his passengers ever identified?

Dee14

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by j.rob on 12.09.14 12:10

Where is the evidence that paedophilia has anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance? Well, unfortunately, it came straight from the horses' mouths, as is so often the case. TM have told us that paedophilia is a motive for the disappearance of this child.

Unfortunately, to my mind, there are dozens if not hundreds of red flags billowing in the wind in this respect. It took me a long time to come to this conclusion as I was for quite a few years a 'McCann believer'. I couldn't understand why they would lie.

But sadly having scrutinized their story I think I now at least partly understand why they have all lied. 

Don't forget David Payne's 100 second phone call to the Met Police child abuse line. Which when asked about he was incredibly evasive. This was on the evening after the 'disappearance' and it is my opinion that at this stage the group were in panic mode. I think for several days after Thursday evening (and quite a few days before, for that matter) there was much activity and panicky last-minute arrangements. 

I think there had been 'a plan'. At what particular stage this had been hatched, I am not sure. But don't forget that one of Detective Amaral's questions that Kate refused to answer was whether she had considered handing over the care of Madeleine to relatives. Why did he ask that question? If he had no prior knowledge of anything of that nature and he was trying to establish what type of mother Kate was with Madeleine, surely he would have asked questions along the lines of: did you find Madeleine difficult? Or something.

But asking whether Kate had thought about handing over Madeleine's care to other people is a massively loaded question. Behind it lies the very strong possibility  that Kate was struggling with bringing up Madeleine. My theory is that she couldn't cope once the twins came along, had very little help or support from Gerry and Madeleine, tragically, became the family scapegoat. If the reports in the foreign press (can't remember which paper) that Gerry was not Madeleine's biological father are true, that adds another layer of complexity.

I have seen enough of Gerry's interactions with his female children (from the home videos plus the ghastly 'Madeleine was Here' exhibits) to have reached a very uncomfortable conclusion about his role as a 'father'. 

Dr K Gasper was shocked by a conversation she witnessed between Gerry McCann and David Payne on a family holiday where Payne made lewd gestures which she thought related to Madeleine. Dr Gasper's husband noted that Payne's gestures, whatever the context, were in extremely bad taste.

In my opinion one of the biggest red flags is that the parents themselves suggested that the person who was responsible for whatever happened to Madeleine had drugged not just Madeleine but the twins too.

Once again, straight from the horses' mouths.

Why would you want to drug or sedate or render children semi-conscious?

Well, according to the McCanns the motive for Madeleine's disappearance was in all probability paedophilia.

They have been telling the world for seven years.

j.rob

Posts : 2243
Reputation : 228
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by Snifferdog on 12.09.14 16:00

True j.rob, straight from the horses mouths, so to speak. It does remind me of the JonBenet Ramsey case, though without a body. The paedophilia being introduced to cover any anomalies found should she have been found before she was disposed of. It is also interesting to note the cool aloof behaviour the Ramseys showed when JonBenet was found. They still intended to go on their previously planned holiday that day and were surprised when they were told they would not be able to go...very unusual behaviour for someone who has just discovered their child has been brutally murdered. Yes, their behaviour is similar to that of the McCanns when Maddie disappeared. We also have the protection by powerful third parties in both cases Imo.

____________________
“‘Conspiracy stuff’ is now shorthand for unspeakable truth.”
– Gore Vidal

Snifferdog

Posts : 1008
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum