The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Anyone for scraps?

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anyone for scraps?

Post by worriedmum on 19.10.13 19:07

@sami wrote:The careful removing of the hair bead, that was not a hair bead, and the laborious reference to it in the book.

Madeleine did not have it that I can see on the video of the bus footage.  Therefore, it must have happened on holiday.  The memory would one write about in that case is the child's excitement at getting it put in, who did it, where etc.  Not taking it out.
Good point. And if you have daughters, you will know it is very difficult to get them out without pulling a few hairs out too.( Would have been ideal for analysis.)

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 19.10.13 19:10

Juliet - yes, and the shower curtain in the dumped bag!  How odd is that.

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by galena on 19.10.13 19:17

@whmon wrote:Why does KM tell us quite early in the book (after the large and irrelevant Me, Me, Me section) that GM had broken the shutters because of the 'Gerry touch'? Was it some sort of poor attempt to explain away the phone calls to relatives to say that the shutters had been tampered with? Could she have thought that she could later say 'After the little girl was taken, I noticed that the shutters were broken and in my panic I had forgotten that it was Gerry who had broken them and assumed they had been jemmied'.

Even though it was later shown that the shutters were not broken.
That stuck in my mind too - maybe Gerry was meant to break the shutters to make the break in look more authentic but for some reason he didn't manage to do so - either because it was harder than he thought, or because he was interrupted in the act. I've always wondered why they circulated the story of the broken shutters but didn't actually break them - that would have been much more authentic!

galena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 19.10.13 19:36

candyfloss wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:
@whmon wrote:F**K OFF - I'm not here to enjoy myself.
That's a quote from Gerry just in case anyone's wondering! The oddest thing about that one for me was how it found its way into the public domain...someone didn't like him did they?
The McCanns released the footage themselves Okeydokey.
No, I don't think you're right on that.  Do you have a citation for that?

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 19.10.13 19:40

@whmon wrote:Why does KM tell us quite early in the book (after the large and irrelevant Me, Me, Me section) that GM had broken the shutters because of the 'Gerry touch'? Was it some sort of poor attempt to explain away the phone calls to relatives to say that the shutters had been tampered with? Could she have thought that she could later say 'After the little girl was taken, I noticed that the shutters were broken and in my panic I had forgotten that it was Gerry who had broken them and assumed they had been jemmied'.

He's a doctor -they are more known for the careful application of their hands...not some sort of hamfisted navvie type.  How much strength would you have to apply to break shutters?

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 19.10.13 19:41

@sami wrote:

They were different shutters, not the shutters in the children's bedroom.
Interesting...

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.13 19:44

@Okeydokey wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:
That's a quote from Gerry just in case anyone's wondering! The oddest thing about that one for me was how it found its way into the public domain...someone didn't like him did they?
Yes, I have put it up a number of times, NFWTD put it up the post after mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.13 19:49

candyfloss wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:
Here it is again....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6698737.stm

Back to top Go down

Anyone for scraps

Post by RIPM on 19.10.13 20:22

Why did DAVID PAYNE make a statement to the Leics Police in Oct 07 that he last saw MADDIE  at 17.00 on Thurs 3 May at apartment 5A in the presence of KATE and GERRY McCANN?  contrary to everything in the public domain before or since.

RIPM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 19.10.13 20:37

@Searcher wrote:Juliet - yes, and the shower curtain in the dumped bag!  How odd is that.
Just to mention here that John Geraghty (McCann's millionaire friend who lives near PDL) had a shower curtain stolen from his villa-apparently!

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 19.10.13 20:41

@worriedmum wrote:
@sami wrote:The careful removing of the hair bead, that was not a hair bead, and the laborious reference to it in the book.

Madeleine did not have it that I can see on the video of the bus footage.  Therefore, it must have happened on holiday.  The memory would one write about in that case is the child's excitement at getting it put in, who did it, where etc.  Not taking it out.
Good point. And if you have daughters, you will know it is very difficult to get them out without pulling a few hairs out too.( Would have been ideal for analysis.)
Ouch, very difficult and painful for a young child (especially for one who doesn't like pain, according to her Mum).

The mention of KM’s engagement ring which Madeleine liked to play with niggles me, it was mentioned in KM's book apparently (although I haven’t had the stomach to read it) and again mentioned in the Crimewatch programme.  Why so much emphasis given to a passing moment of a small child playing with a piece of jewellery or did it have more significance.  Why was that one of the last moments that KM remembers regarding Madeleine before Madeleine went to bed.

Could it be that Madeleine was left to play with the ring while Kate had one of her 2 showers/baths in 30/60 minutes, swallowed it accidently, choked on it and had to be given a tracheotomy, hence the blood splatter up the wall, on the curtains, and the blood in the grooves of the floor tiles.

Was it Jane Tanner(?) (I can’t remember who now) who said “we were all doctors and could have resuscitated Madeleine if necessary” or words to that effect in one of her witness/rog statements.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boo boos on 19.10.13 21:16

Newintown - it was Rachel.
Asked by leicester police how Kate looked when she sounded alarm, he said she had the face of a child who's just been taken. The police tried to get him to repeat these words after break in interview but, maybe realising his mistake, he said he couldn't remember, they said not to worry, it be on the dvd.

boo boos

View user profile http://mandystrange70@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 19.10.13 21:52

@boo boos wrote:Newintown - it was Rachel.
Asked by leicester police how Kate looked when she sounded alarm, he said she had the face of a child who's just been taken. The police tried to get him to repeat these words after break in interview but, maybe realising his mistake, he said he couldn't remember, they said not to worry, it be on the dvd.
It was from a BBC Radio programme from May 2011, posted by Candyfloss, from an interview that Rachel Oldfield gave, regarding resuscitation:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t2694-rachel-oldfield-s-resuscitation-comment

'If you take the common sense approach as well and just look at timings of how things happened and the fact that they're both medics and there are 4 other medics in the group, they would know what to do to resuscitate a child'.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 19.10.13 22:27

Good thread Okeydokey

I remember that very soon after the fund was started, GM said that the long term aims would be to use the money to help other missing children. I don't know, but at the time it crossed my mind that he wanted to re channel the fund money as soon as possible. As though he wanted some good to come out of a tragedy .......

If he had said this a year or so after events I wouldn't have found this in any way strange, but it was only a couple of months. Maybe there are other interpretations of this, but that's how it struck me.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 19.10.13 23:57

@suzyjohnson wrote:Good thread Okeydokey

I remember that very soon after the fund was started, GM said that the long term aims would be to use the money to help other missing children. I don't know, but at the time it crossed my mind that he wanted to re channel the fund money as soon as possible. As though he wanted some good to come out of a tragedy .......

If he had said this a year or so after events I wouldn't have found this in any way strange, but it was only a couple of months. Maybe there are other interpretations of this, but that's how it struck me.
I know what you mean. When you've heard 5 other extremely odd comments, you are less likely to ignore another one that comes up.

I can't think of another case involving a missing person mystery where the persons involved (or their spokespeople) have come up with so many bizarre, plainly contradictory or problematic statements.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 20.10.13 0:06

@RIPM wrote:Why did DAVID PAYNE make a statement to the Leics Police in Oct 07 that he last saw MADDIE  at 17.00 on Thurs 3 May at apartment 5A in the presence of KATE and GERRY McCANN?  contrary to everything in the public domain before or since.
Wasn't the explanation for that confusion between the UK and continental time systems. People here get confused - and there's every chance that it happened during a police interview i.e. that his original claim was 7pm  or some variation around that.  But there are clearly question marks over the narrative Team McCann give.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 20.10.13 0:10

Yes, I remember that one...it was the odd "stand alone" emphasis on that (in the absence of other details) that seems out of place.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 20.10.13 0:11

candyfloss wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:
That's not the same video.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.13 0:22

@Okeydokey wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
@Okeydokey wrote:
That's not the same video.
Have you read the article. 

New video of Madeleine released

Madeleine was said to be looking forward to the holiday

Madeleine video clips
The parents of Madeleine McCann have released the last video clips taken of their daughter before her disappearance in Portugal nearly four weeks ago.
Dressed in pink and holding a rucksack, the four-year-old can be seen walking onto a flight at East Midlands Airport.

The mobile phone footage also shows her on an airport bus in the Algarve

Look at the last sentence above. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 20.10.13 1:33

Candyfloss -

I couldn't get the video to play.  My recollection is that the mobile phone footage emerged during v. soon after the disappearance via You Tube or similar.  The video released by the McCanns may have been a short clip from the same video but I would dispute that they released a video with GMC saying "F -Off" audibly. I don't recall that at all.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 20.10.13 4:25

The cold slab on which the body supposedly had been kept.

Grammy Healy saying that the parents gave Madeleine valium so she would sleep through the night.

Silvia Batista offering them again the creche babysit service.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 20.10.13 4:56

@Okeydokey wrote:Candyfloss -

I couldn't get the video to play.  My recollection is that the mobile phone footage emerged during v. soon after the disappearance via You Tube or similar.  The video released by the McCanns may have been a short clip from the same video but I would dispute that they released a video with GMC saying "F -Off" audibly. I don't recall that at all.
There was a discussion about this a while ago, I'm sure it wasn't the McCanns but one of the friends who had the footage on their phone. Perhaps they forgot about the language on it?

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 20.10.13 5:35

2 interesting observations from Batista, nothing new but good to see it again:

The deponent recalls that the cots that were used by the babies were placed in the middle of the room and aligned, and therefore she found it strange that someone could have taken Madeleine from the bed where she was sleeping up to the window, because there was no space to get through.

and:

The deponent remained in the living room for a while, with the GNR officers, Gerry and the other group members that were there in a frenzy, going in and out and speaking on their mobile phones.
She noticed that none of the group members, including the child’s mother and father, were busy looking for her.   The mother was sitting on the master bedroom’s bed, the father accompanied the deponent and the GNR officers and the other group members walked in and out and spoke on the phone, apparently concerned about informing the press about the event.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 20.10.13 7:33

New Wikipedia on maddie.
Exaggeration.
puke 

Gerry found the door at a different position at 9.05 so he closed it a bit, AND so did Kate after 10pm and then there was a draught.  So the abductor moved the door twice at 9.05 and 10.00.

Gerry:

"check on their children. At around 21:05 Gerry entered 5A to carry out the first check. All was well, except that he recalled having left the bedroom door only slightly ajar and now it stood almost wide open; he said he pulled it back to a five-degree position before returning to the restaurant "

And Kate:

She entered the apartment through the patio doors at the back, and noticed that the children's bedroom door was open wider than they normally left it. When she went to close it, it slammed shut, as if there was a draught somewhere from an open window. She opened the door and saw that the bedroom window and its outside shutters were open; the McCanns learned later that the window could be opened from outside."

" John Barrett, a retired Scotland Yard dog handler, dismissed the cadaver-dog claim at the time, telling journalists the dogs could only detect the scent of a cadaver up to 28 days after a death."

In other words British police went over there DID NOT agree they were guilty, however they suggested the Martin Grimes sniffer dogs to WASTE PORTUGUESE POLICE TIME.

Very nice!

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Anyone for scraps

Post by RIPM on 20.10.13 11:29

@Okeydokey wrote:
@RIPM wrote:Why did DAVID PAYNE make a statement to the Leics Police in Oct 07 that he last saw MADDIE  at 17.00 on Thurs 3 May at apartment 5A in the presence of KATE and GERRY McCANN?  contrary to everything in the public domain before or since.
Wasn't the explanation for that confusion between the UK and continental time systems. People here get confused - and there's every chance that it happened during a police interview i.e. that his original claim was 7pm  or some variation around that.  But there are clearly question marks over the narrative Team McCann give.
I do not believe people here are confused.  There is no time difference between Portugal and the UK and would you believe a Detective would not ask him "do you mean 5pm or 7pm"? and to be totally clear is that  17.00hrs or 19.00 hrs, when it was of critical importance. Also if he meant 19.00hrs, Gerry would have been home from the tennis and again would put a big dent in the timeline.  In a separate interview Fiona Payne states she was in 5A with KM at 19.00 hrs which would make her the last non McCann to see Madeleine.

These interviews have never been released by the PJ. There must be a reason why.

RIPM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum