The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"Maddie" Found in Greece - 'Star' headline 19 Oct 2013

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this the most cynical misuse of Madeleine's name so far, just to sell more newspapers?

69% 69% 
[ 59 ]
31% 31% 
[ 26 ]

Total Votes : 85

Re: "Maddie" Found in Greece - 'Star' headline 19 Oct 2013

Post by chillyheat on 19.10.13 2:45

Its all going to be about microchipping....isn't it.

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 19.10.13 8:40

The girl has a Scandinavian look imo.  I would expect to read that there is a missing person report filed at the time she disappeared. Seems not.

The tabloids have attached the McCann name to this, I have heard 2 news items this morning on tv and all that has been discussed is her and her family.

Police are searching for her family.........this is what I can't understand.  They should be searching their files for missing person reports...surely  she was not grabbed out of thin air ?  Unless she was sold, then there wont be any report if course.
 And that is worse than abduction.

She looks well fed and healthy. I hope that she has a happy future now she has been rescued .

And good on you Ben Needham campaign for tweeting that the disgusting newspapers made no mention of a little boy who went missing in Greece.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 19.10.13 9:39

This story really kicked me in the gut. Almost about to collect my coat from the jill havern cloakroom and turn my attention to more pressing matters, like we are all just wasting our precious time on Madeleine's behalf. What a sorry circus. To Tuom - bless your heart and hope it heals soon x.

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 19.10.13 10:11

Notice how the child is not black , or of dark skin type , this IMO has been set up , or at best been known about and pounced on by the Machine at the optimum moment . 

ANYBODY who doubted a cover up , involving Police , the powers , and the press [ well the press are laughing ] well today is your answer . 

I am not sending my  pics from the soap awards to the nationals on Mon fu@@ them !!.

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 19.10.13 10:14

Tuom also a God bless from me.  End of last month I went to my aunt's funeral, my favourite Auntie and my late Dad's youngest sister. She was diagnosed with terminal cancer 18 months ago, lost her daughter suddenly 6 months later and has now left us, so bless my poor Uncle and cousins too , suffering those devastating losses in 9 months.  Lost my own parents and know how raw grief is.

My thoughts are with you tuom, nice to see you back and hope you feel well enough to talk to us quite soon.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.10.13 10:19

@stillsloppingout wrote:Notice how the child is not black , or of dark skin type , this IMO has been set up , or at best been known about and pounced on by the Machine at the optimum moment . 

ANYBODY who doubted a cover up , involving Police , the powers , and the press [ well the press are laughing ] well today is your answer . 

I am not sending my  pics from the soap awards to the nationals on Mon fu@@ them !!.
You make a good point I think SLO.

Gypsy children always seem to be out playing,    Found in Greece but no sign of a suntan.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 19.10.13 10:20

@Upsy Daisy wrote:This story really kicked me in the gut. Almost about to collect my coat from the jill havern cloakroom and turn my attention to more pressing matters, like we are all just wasting our precious time on Madeleine's behalf. What a sorry circus.   To Tuom - bless your heart and hope it heals soon x.
I hope you heal soon Tuom, I lost both my parents a couple of years ago, grief is a physical and emotional pain that will never go but it will reduce and change to a more comfortable happier feeling that is manageable and less raw x 

I know how you feel Upsy Daisy, I have temporarily collected my coat a few times but then I have to come back - justice for Madeleine is a strong magnet.

Very down heartening to see Chillyheat who was so positive feel the same level of defeat caused by this latest story.

Perhaps there is a poster here (Russiandoll?) who can put a better more positive light on this latest outrage.

Once again (if) there is truth in this latest Roma story the best of luck to this little girl and her family.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 19.10.13 10:58

Thanks Bristow. I am an optimistic soul most of the time but recent events leave me jaded. Let's await the next moves with renewed optimism then. I keep looking at my eldest daughter aged 3 yrs 9 months and my heart breaks for Madeleine and her innocence and naivety at what one can only imagine what happened. So angry and sad for her.

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 19.10.13 11:23

Everything we've seen across all these years - when you apply the Occam's razor principle - points to:

• guilty, greedy, controlling parents and complicit T7
• self-serving xenophobic politicians 
• attention-seeking, money-grabbing opportunist individuals and organisations
• an utterly amoral British press prolonging and benefitting from a feeding frenzy
• an imperfect, flawed SY
• an imperfect, flawed PJ
• a splitting of public opinion into those who effectively defend the McCanns neglect (because they do it themselves) and those who condemn it (because its unthinkable)

Like everything we look closely at these days, it's ALL collectively, quietly rotten but its not some big conspiracy or cover up IMO. It's just human failing on top of human failing; bringing out mostly the worst in humanity. 

Except here in the persecuted 'minority' of online hater trolls!

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 19.10.13 12:16

The news says that the child was given a DNA test and found not to be related to the Roma parents.

The story broke yesterday (Friday) and we were told the child was found on Wednesday, my question is can a DNA sequencing be done and the results obtained in just a day and a half, bearing in mind the 'parents' would have had to be tested too?
I thought these things took time.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 19.10.13 13:11

candyfloss wrote:[snipped from Daily Mail]

Among many claims made over the years, convicted paedophile Raymond Hewlett allegedly said he saw the Madeleine twice before she vanished and claimed she was stolen to order by a gypsy gang, but denied he was involved

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2465942/Police-appeal-help-identifying-blonde-girl-4-living-gypsy-camp-Greece.html#ixzz2i7IL1fSc
I was interested at first until i saw the mention of Raymond Hewlett this is just bizarre.

The child spoke perfact Roma Dialogue so must have been with this family a long time. She could have easily have been sold to the gypsies for money, or drugs. IF she is Eastern European and an orphan she was in a better place with the gypsies, the orphanages in EE are horrendous. 

I do find this sighting very suspect to be honest....all a bit I dont know coincidental....

Gosh i am getting sooooooooo cynical.

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis on 19.10.13 13:18

This story broke in Greek newspapers (I posted links to them on a Ben Needham thread yesterday), before being covered by the British media, so I can't understand why anyone would think it's faked?

I do think it's disgusting though that the British media immediately rant on about Madeleine's disappearance, almost completely ignoring Ben's, when this case has much stronger implications for the Needham family, than the McCanns. A prisoner once said that he knew ben had been held by gypsies in Larissa, the same town where this girl was found! And yet, British tabloids still concentrate more on Madeleine than Ben - I guess Madeleine must, sadly, sell more papers.

sofieellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.13 13:55

@sharonl wrote:
Looking at the picture cursorily, it seems Maddie has grown up quite a bit, out there on the beach in Greece; but then you notice what's it all about: another cheap money grubbing exercise by ?? to fill ??'s coffers before the donations dry up ??

Perish the thought

IMO, of course

Back to top Go down

Post by Belinda2428 on 19.10.13 14:45

@Portia wrote:
@sharonl wrote:
Looking at the picture cursorily, it seems Maddie has grown up quite a bit, out there on the beach in Greece; but then you notice what's it all about: another cheap money grubbing exercise by ?? to fill ??'s coffers before the donations dry up ??

Perish the thought

IMO, of course
Wonder what they have in store for the Sunday Papers:violin:

Belinda2428

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 19.10.13 15:05

This was a non uk story until the papers spin the maddie angle to sell papers.
Totally out of order.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 19.10.13 15:21

@bristow wrote:Here's one of the many comments on The Mail article aarrrgh!!

"Have they done a DNA test? It could be Maddie if she hasn't been eating much."
  I read that as being extremely sarcastic in response to how crass the article is.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.10.13 15:25

@ProfessorPPlum wrote:Everything we've seen across all these years - when you apply the Occam's razor principle - points to:

• guilty, greedy, controlling parents and complicit T7
• self-serving xenophobic politicians 
• attention-seeking, money-grabbing opportunist individuals and organisations
• an utterly amoral British press prolonging and benefitting from a feeding frenzy
• an imperfect, flawed SY
• an imperfect, flawed PJ
• a splitting of public opinion into those who effectively defend the McCanns neglect (because they do it themselves) and those who condemn it (because its unthinkable)

Like everything we look closely at these days, it's ALL collectively, quietly rotten but its not some big conspiracy or cover up IMO. It's just human failing on top of human failing; bringing out mostly the worst in humanity. 

Except here in the persecuted 'minority' of online hater trolls!
I do wonder why Mr. A. had to go?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 19.10.13 15:27

@bristow wrote:The news says that the child was given a DNA test and found not to be related to the Roma parents.

The story broke yesterday (Friday) and we were told the child was found on Wednesday, my question is can a DNA sequencing be done and the results obtained in just a day and a half, bearing in mind the 'parents' would have had to be tested too?
I thought these things took time.
  I have read that DNA results can be back within a day or two. Only one test would be needed to confirm that the " parents" were no such thing, and more tests needed as people came forward to claim that this child was theirs.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa on 19.10.13 15:37

I love how they use one of the blondest photos of Madeleine in existence for this cover. I've already seen tons of comments on news sites from people very excited that this is Madeleine. If this little girl is about four years old, she's less than half Madeleine's age. Have they ever seen a ten-year-old girl before?! I've been posting as much when I see a comment to the effect that this is Madeleine. It's the least I can do for poor Madeleine, as well as this other little girl who has her own identity and deserves to have her situation resolved in whatever way is healthiest for her.

MissesWillYa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 19.10.13 15:42

@MissesWillYa wrote:I love how they use one of the blondest photos of Madeleine in existence for this cover. I've already seen tons of comments on news sites from people very excited that this is Madeleine. If this little girl is about four years old, she's less than half Madeleine's age. Have they ever seen a ten-year-old girl before?! I've been posting as much when I see a comment to the effect that this is Madeleine. It's the least I can do for poor Madeleine, as well as this other little girl who has her own identity and deserves to have her situation resolved in whatever way is healthiest for her.
Goodness me, are people actually thinking this is MADDY found? Dont they read things properly. Its a very clever bit of news editing shocking really how they are using her disappearance to sell newspapers to the gullible.

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa on 19.10.13 15:55

@columbostogeys wrote:
@MissesWillYa wrote:I love how they use one of the blondest photos of Madeleine in existence for this cover. I've already seen tons of comments on news sites from people very excited that this is Madeleine. If this little girl is about four years old, she's less than half Madeleine's age. Have they ever seen a ten-year-old girl before?! I've been posting as much when I see a comment to the effect that this is Madeleine. It's the least I can do for poor Madeleine, as well as this other little girl who has her own identity and deserves to have her situation resolved in whatever way is healthiest for her.
Goodness me, are people actually thinking this is MADDY found? Dont they read things properly. Its a very clever bit of news editing shocking really how they are using her disappearance to sell newspapers to the gullible.
They are. I was shocked that people were actually suggesting such a thing, but I suppose that was part of the point. I would think that a lot of people out there don't realize how old Maddy really is today because the toddler photos have been so heavily pushed online and in print (including Kate's book's cover photo!).

MissesWillYa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

missing girl story on SKY news

Post by columbostogeys on 19.10.13 17:19

They just showed the girl on Sky news on a video recorded by her gypsy family when she was about 1.5. She is obviously loved a lot, bedroom neat and clean and tidy with lots of toys. Her hair was actually reddish when a baby rather then blonde.

The family are saying that the child came as a baby was brought to the camp by a Bulgarian women who had no money and couldnt feed her.

They were all upset about the child being taken away. Even the kids playing were upset she had gone.

This child was really loved by the family.

IF she was abducted it does show that not all children abducted by gypsies are kept in terrible conditions.

What if the mother never comes forward if she was ill and hungry 4 years ago perhaps she isnt even alive today.

In the camp there were quite a few girls etc with blonde hair who were all showing themselves off to the cameras .... older girls in their twenties who looked greek to be honest.

Its all very odd.

BUT at least it made me feel a little better in some respects that the child was kept in very good conditions and very much loved.

That sort of sounds naff, but we do get awful pictures put in our head about gypsies and how they keep abducted kids etc....

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 19.10.13 17:50

Is there evidence that gypsies- more than any other group of people- abduct children?

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame on 19.10.13 17:53

Why would a Roma family which clearly is quite poor and already has a lot of its own children abduct another child whilst still a baby giving themselves another mouth to feed and body to clothe? Are they supposed to fatten them up before they sell them on or do they just collect them as a hobby? The idea that they were given the child by someone who couldn't look after it or were paid to take it is far more plausible. That would account for the fact that no one seems to be able to find a report of such a child missing. Regrettably I can see no connection to Ben Needham. 

Incidentally, given the enormous amount of child snatching and trafficking which gypsies are apparently undertaking [according to the media]  does anyone know of any proven cases where this has happened?

endgame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 19.10.13 18:03

@endgame wrote:Why would a Roma family which clearly is quite poor and already has a lot of its own children abduct another child whilst still a baby giving themselves another mouth to feed and body to clothe? Are they supposed to fatten them up before they sell them on or do they just collect them as a hobby? The idea that they were given the child by someone who couldn't look after it or were paid to take it is far more plausible. That would account for the fact that no one seems to be able to find a report of such a child missing. Regrettably I can see no connection to Ben Needham. 

Incidentally, given the enormous amount of child snatching and trafficking which gypsies are apparently undertaking [according to the media]  does anyone know of any proven cases where this has happened?
I was shocked to be honest when you hear about GYPSIES they are all evil stealing your babies in the night....

This family were well dressed and kept. The child was obviously well loved by ALL. Its on Sky news now on headlines. She is really cute as a 1.5 year old not blonde sort of reddish hair.

I expect they lied to start with as they probably have done some dodgy things, but her sister on Sky seems very genuine about where she came from.

Why would the family of the so called parents come on and say this child was brought to them by a bulgarian they would keep quiet surely. All the people around were really upset about the child being taken away.

I dont think it has anyting to do with Ben either. I just think on this case they have got it really wrong...

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum