The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"Maddie" Found in Greece - 'Star' headline 19 Oct 2013

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this the most cynical misuse of Madeleine's name so far, just to sell more newspapers?

69% 69% 
[ 59 ]
31% 31% 
[ 26 ]

Total Votes : 85

Re: "Maddie" Found in Greece - 'Star' headline 19 Oct 2013

Post by columbostogeys on 21.10.13 13:33

@mouse wrote:
@columbostogeys wrote:
@mouse wrote:Having lived in Greece for a while, and holidayed there most years - this headline/story has really bugged me. Not every Greek is dark haired - far from it. I had many acquaintances with fair/blonde hair, plus many foreign friends out there like myself. Many swedish/german/albanians/georgians etc - all who work and play there, and have various skin tones, colour hair and who have relationships with each other. I'd just like to know that when the officials (?) raided this camp, did they DNA Test all the kiddies there. Why only the blonde one? I mean if they were so concerned about child trafficing - surely they would have tested all the kiddies? Though I have to say this surely would have gone against their human rights? I mean - has this what we've come to thanks to Team Mccann - DNA Testing all blonde kiddies from Gypsy camps?  Not very PC - but no squeak from any human rights groups on this.

Do you think if we DNA test Kids in out own country - we'll find that all the parents are who they say they are? Many countries, I believe African, and other countries parents send their children to our country to live with families over here so that they can get a better education, live better. Of course some probably work out well, but others...remember Victoria Columbie (sorry, don't know the correct spelling but the little who died in London whilst under the eye, or rather not, of social services I believe).
What a great post.

My mother is Italian she has black dark thick hair well did have sorry she is 91 now. Out of four girls 3 had dark hair but my aunty as a child had really blonde hair and very light complexion. She used to be teased by her sisters about her hair colouring. There are a lot of Italians with blonde hair. Again its all about perception....

It is against human rights to do a DNA like this. 

I just feel there must be more to the story then we have been told. The child has been with her pseudo parents for 4 years, now she has been snatched away from all she has known her family. I thought these areas had a municipality and are policed etc, the Romas we are talking about are living in a designated area, not hiding in the hills away from anyone which one might expect if they had something to hide. I am also sure they would not have their family or neighbours speaking for them either, if they were guilty they would all keep strum surely and keep out of the limelight. All very odd.
I agree with you absolutely on this - why did they suddenly decided to raid this camp? On what grounds - one small blond child living with Romas....??? I guess we'll never know, and this story will probably fizzle out to nothing - but hell yeah it got the Mccans on the front pages again, and everybody talking about the possibility of Madeleine still being alive and in the same situation. I know the Romas do not always get too much sympathy from the general public in Greece - due to some of them being pick-pockets, having light fingers in the shops, and their begging, but overall my friends, who might not have liked some of their behaviour, did appreciate this was probably because they were so poor. Also many restaurants I knew would give them something to eat round the back door if they had any food left over... 

Welcome to the forum - pleased to see you posting.
Hi Mouse, I agree with you entirely. The plot thickens, they are saying now that the father of the child has on occasions visited the girl maybe that is why she has more then the other children because her real parents are still in the frame. Here from Sky now.:

http://news.sky.com/story/1157469/maria-mystery-roma-couple-in-greek-court

Also one of the authorities said it is the first time in living history they have ever heard of a Roma keeping and looking after a child, usually when they have no money they have been known to sell/give children up for adoption. 

Thank you for the welcome. I dont know what happened with my post, I am mortified that someone would mis read it and think i was a rascist. I have lived abroad all my life in many countrys, and love all cultures. Anyway what is done is done and i am old enough with thick skin lol.

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 21.10.13 13:43

From what I have seen of Gypsies when travelling in Greece is they are poor, dirty, hungry looking people.  I saw children playing on top of rubbish dumps in bare feet surrounded by broken glass.  A lot of them are only partially clothed, it is clear the parents cannot afford to cloth or feed them.

Is it really feasible they are on the receiving end of some kind of Europe wide child trafficking ring?  They don't appear to have the money to buy a cup of coffee, let alone travel round Europe stealing kids.  

My guess is the little girl is from Albania, maybe brought over with parents who were caught and deported.  Or she is victim of the well known child trafficking trade between the countries, destined to work in the most disgusting trades.  It is not unknown for Albanians to 'rent' their children to traffickers.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 21.10.13 13:49

Thanks for the link 'Columbostogeys',  very interesting. It appears this story could be falling apart already. Just feel desperately sad though, if this little girl has been taken away from her family on the back of all this Madeleine publicity - to think that she could be missing her 'new' family, and other brothers and sisters. However poor her upbringing, it really doesn't mean she isn't loved. I mean,kids from wealthy families, big houses, good schooling don't always have the best parents/upbringing...Now just who could I be thinking of....

For the media to cast all sorts of accusations at this little girls 'parents' might be fair, once we know all the details about what really happened, but their complete block to the neglect the Mccans showed in their leaving their little girl on her own in a holiday apartment while they went out to eat and drink is beyond hypocritical - and to think that the conclusion to that neglect is that she is 'missing', while this little girl is still very much alive, and was with her 'parents'a at the time....?????

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by logical on 21.10.13 13:58

Just a  far fetched Theory.
The police investigated this Roma camp 22 years ago when Ben Needham disappeared, If Ben is still alive could this Blonde child be his ??

Stranger things have happened.

logical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.13 14:13

Ben's sister Leighanna has been quoted as saying she would give a DNA sample to see if there could be any connection between her brother and this little girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame on 21.10.13 14:20

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Ben's sister Leighanna has been quoted as saying she would give a DNA sample to see if there could be any connection between her brother and this little girl.
Perhaps understandable but nonetheless weird. The statistical chances of this being Ben Needham's child are somewhere around zero. I wonder if in 20 years time the Sun will have a headline "Could this be Maddie's child?" I wouldn't bet against it.

endgame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 21.10.13 14:44

Below - taken from Sky article

'British police say there is no link between her case of and that of missing boy Ben Needham, who was 21 months old when he vanished on the Greek island of Kos in 1991'.

There we are then - no link to poor Ben Needham. So say the British Police......But how they can be so sure? IMO it's extremely unlikely, but equally unlikely this is linked to Madeleine's disappearance, and the trafficing ring. Why completely shut down one theory, while leaving the other one wide open for speculation. Again, while I agree that this has prob nothing to do with Ben Needham, if I were his sister - I'd be pretty miffed by this very dismissive response by the police in the press (of course if it is true). You might think they want the Needhams to go away.... 

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 21.10.13 15:06

@mouse wrote:Below - taken from Sky article

'British police say there is no link between her case of and that of missing boy Ben Needham, who was 21 months old when he vanished on the Greek island of Kos in 1991'.

There we are then - no link to poor Ben Needham. So say the British Police......But how they can be so sure? IMO it's extremely unlikely, but equally unlikely this is linked to Madeleine's disappearance, and the trafficing ring. Why completely shut down one theory, while leaving the other one wide open for speculation. Again, while I agree that this has prob nothing to do with Ben Needham, if I were his sister - I'd be pretty miffed by this very dismissive response by the police in the press (of course if it is true). You might think they want the Needhams to go away.... 
Yes i thought that was odd, for me it shows they knew damn well this housing estate has nothing to do with child trafficking.  I found a few of the images of the housing estate which is home to the Romas and for example this house doesnt exactly look like a filthy hovel. The kind of reporting we have seen over this just causes more problems with attacks on innocent families who live there tarring them all with the same thing that they are evil child traffickers....who steal your blond children......sometimes things are just innocent. Just seems odd they targeted the one family who had a little blonde girl just ripe for the media picking..............sad 

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis on 21.10.13 15:21

I don't know what to think of this case, but the BBC have said that the child is aged 5-6, according to medical tests, so that doesn't match with what the "parents" have said. Along with the DNA results, differences in statements about how many children they have, unconvincing documentation for them, and the fact that 10 of them are currently unaccounted for, I think the authorities have done the right thing in pursuing the investigation.

The bedroom had been decorated by family before allowing cameras in. According to ITV, it was practically empty, without a working lightbulb. It is also thought to be the only bedroom in the house, so where were these other 13 children sleeping? There is something odd going on with this family,  whether they have been stealing children or not.

sofieellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis on 21.10.13 15:35

The couple have been charged with abduction.

sofieellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.13 23:23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.13 23:25

The Star small bit on front Gypsies: 10 more Maddies

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 22.10.13 6:31

candyfloss wrote:
I thought they found Maddy years ago on the back of a gypsy carrying a blonde child. Everyone assumes this child is abducted......they were charged they now have to prove they did not abduct her. They have lawyers on their side and all the neighbours...I am going to wait to see what happens before i pass judgement. The media is using this story to make thousands of pounds as people are so gullible they believe everything in the RED TOP newspapers....

Funny how it was a BLONDE said to be FOUR the same age as maddy was when she went missing. Loads of abducted children are not BLONDE they would surely stand out too much if one was going to keep one to raise when they already had children of their own.

Oh and as to the DANCING IN THE STREETS, if we are to believe the stories they took this child into the street to dance for money for the TOURISTS, where are all the tourists who would have then rang someone and said Maddy is dancing in the streets in Greece, or THERE ARE ROMA GYPSIES in the street with a dancing BLONDE CHILD who is clearly not theirs.........

No something off about all this. IF they did abduct her then they should be punished, but the reaction by the officials in charge of the municipality where they live, their neighbours and friends seems very odd.

NOW if this child was found in a Roma camp high in the mountains i would sit up and think wow....

We shall see what transpires. The fact they were charged was an obvious outcome....they are innocent until proven guilty.....

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 22.10.13 9:10

@sofieellis wrote:I don't know what to think of this case, but the BBC have said that the child is aged 5-6, according to medical tests, so that doesn't match with what the "parents" have said. Along with the DNA results, differences in statements about how many children they have, unconvincing documentation for them, and the fact that 10 of them are currently unaccounted for, I think the authorities have done the right thing in pursuing the investigation

The bedroom had been decorated by family before allowing cameras in. According to ITV, it was practically empty, without a working lightbulb. It is also thought to be the only bedroom in the house, so where were these other 13 children sleeping? There is something odd going on with this family,  whether they have been stealing children or not.
Maybe they have ID for 13 children to claim the benefits but don't actually have 13 children.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustardseed on 22.10.13 10:39

The Mail is now reporting links with the Lisa Irwin case. I remember reading about this when it happened ~ several similarities to the McCann "story".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Lisa_Irwin

Mustardseed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame on 22.10.13 10:51

@Mustardseed wrote:The Mail is now reporting links with the Lisa Irwin case. I remember reading about this when it happened ~ several similarities to the McCann "story".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Lisa_Irwin
Including the parents being the main suspects with a complete lack of any specific evidence pointing to anyone else. As PeterMac has said elsewhere about Madeleine the only real certainty about the case is that Lisa was not in her bed and has never been seen again.

endgame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame on 22.10.13 21:12

Interesting quote in an article in the Guardian online

'Renowned expert Prof Thomas Acton says, "I know of no documented case of Roma/Gypsies/Travellers stealing non-Gypsy children anywhere."'

which appears to go some way to answering a question which many have been posing.

endgame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 23.10.13 1:48

Please forgive me that I haven't read through this thread here yet, but I came here after reading the latest article about it on The Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2471296/Was-Maria-kidnapped-Kansas-City-Parents-missing-Lisa-Irwin-contact-Greek-authorities.html

By James Nye
PUBLISHED:02:19, 22 October 2013| UPDATED:14:14, 22 October 2013

Taken: Lisa Irwin was taken from her parents home in Kansas City in October 2011 and they have now expressed their hope that the little girl known as Maria rescued in Greece might be her
A couple who had their daughter taken from their Kansas City home more than two years ago have revealed that they have contacted Greek authorities hoping that the missing girl known only as Maria could be theirs.

As the search for Maria's identity widened into an international appeal, Jeremy Irwin, 31, and Deborah Bradley, 30, who lost their daughter Lisa in October 2011, were reported by Greek authorities to be one the eight leads - four of which are from the U.S. - out of thousands they are taking extremely seriously.

Attorney John Picerno, who has represented Irwin and Bradley since their daughter disappeared from her bed after an apparent home invasion, confirmed they were one of four American inquiries about Maria, but refused to go into further detail.

Speaking to the Daily Telegraph, Picerno said, 'We inquire about every child that is found and fits the age profile of Lisa.

'We investigate all leads. I don't have any further comment at this stage.'

Little Lisa Irwin's disappearance hit the headlines across the nation in October 2011 when she was reported missing by her father when she was only 11 months old.

She would be three-years old in November and her eyes bare more than a passing resemblance to those of Maria, the girl rescued from a Greek gypsy camp in Tabakou on Wednesday.
Scroll down for video

Father and daughter: This is Jeremy Irwin and his daughter Lisa before she was abducted at the age of 10 months from her home in Kansas City, Missouri

Pictured: Eleftheria Dimopoulou, 40 with husband Christos Salis and little Maria, the Roma couple under arrest in Greece over the alleged abduction of Maria, the blond girl discovered by police at a Roma camp in Farsala, near Larissa, central Greece

Age-progression: On the left is how the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children imagines Lisa would look and on the right is little Maria from Greece

However, it is thought that while the two little girls share physical similarities, Maria is estimated to be around four or five years old although no official age has been confirmed.

KMBC, the local news station in Kansas City, produced in conjunction with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children an age-progression image, which projects what Lisa may look like now.

More...

And last year, a tantalizing clue was brought to the attention of the Today Show.
In early November, 2011, just over a month after Lisa vanished, Irwin said his debit card was stolen.

The card was suspended after he noticed a fraudulent charge for $69.04 made to a British website that advertises a service to legally change your name or your child’s name online.

Fraud: One month after his daughter's disappearance Jeremy Irwin discovered his credit card had been used to pay money to a British website that alters names by deed-poll

Meanwhile, today in Greece, Hristos Salis, 39, and Eleftheria Dimopoulou, 40, the gypsy couple accused of abducting Maria appeared in court to be charged with child abduction and forging birth documents.

Her case has attracted global attention, with thousands of calls from people who believe they may know her identity.

The child – nicknamed ‘the blonde angel’ by the Greek media – was discovered last week when police raided a gipsy camp. DNA evidence proved she was not related to the couple.

Abducting a child under the age of 14 carries a maximum sentence of ten years.

The forgery charges relate to fake child birth certificates and two false identities used by Dimopoulou.

Baby blue eyes: Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley have notified authorities in Greece that their Lisa could be little Maria

Smiles: Deborah kisses her little girl Lisa before her disappearance in October 2011

Back in the United States, Lisa's disappearance was not without controversy though - Bradley claimed that an intruder must have taken her daughter from her bedroom while she was asleep in the same room - having consumed a large amount of alcohol.

A witness said that he saw a man carrying around a baby in a diaper down the street around the time Lisa went missing

Earlier this month, before the rescue of Maria from the camp in northern Greece, Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin held a candle-lit vigil to mark the second anniversary of her disappearance.

Despite the family's determination, authorities in Kansas City said before this last week, tips into the disappearance have waned since the months after she vanished on October 4, 2011.

'I cannot force the people who know where Lisa is and who might have her into telling us. I have no control over that,' Bradley told the Kansas City Star.

'You do what you can for your baby, because it is your job as a parent to protect your child, and I wasn’t able to protect her from the bad guys.'

Lisa was 10-months-old when her father returned from a late work shift to find the front door open, the lights on, Bradley asleep, his daughter's bedroom window open and her crib empty.

They believe that someone broke into the home and snatched the baby while Bradley slept, and have said they think someone is bringing up the little girl as their own.

Vanished: Deborah said that her child was taken from her house after she had fallen asleep after drinking too much

'When somebody abducts an infant, they don't take them to hurt them,' she said. 'Wherever she is, she is being loved and taken well care of, because they went through a hell of a lot of trouble to get her.'

She said that she knows people have pointed fingers at them for the disappearance but she maintained their innocence - and said it will be proven when the little girl returns to them.

A private investigator continues to work on the case, and the family still offers a $100,000 reward for anyone who has information that could bring the baby home.

Tragically for Irwin and Bradley, they have also revealed that her room remains virtually untouched two years after she disappeared without trace.

Both Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin have tried to keep a high media profile in the two years since their Lisa's disappearance.

Initially, police assumed that they were involved in their daughter's abduction and told Bradley that she failed a lie detector test.

Parents of Lisa Irwin appeal for information on the Today Show in...

Appeals: John Picerno, (left) who has represented Irwin and Bradley (center) appear on the Today Show in 2012 to appeal for the return of their child Lisa

'They said I failed a polygraph test,' Bradley, 25, told the Associated Press in the immediate weeks after Lisa's October, 2011 disappearance.

'And I continued to say that's not possible because I don't know where she's at and I did not do this.'

They said police have treated them like suspects and that Bradley in particular has been preparing for the possibility of charges being filed against her.

The mother said detectives told her: 'You did it. You did it. And we have nothing.'

The parents say they discovered their front door unlocked, a window open and house lights blazing, lending credence to the theory that the baby may have been snatched by an intruder.

'The main problem I think that we're facing is that everybody (else) has an alibi,' Irwin said.

'I was at work. I've been cleared. All these other people we were worried about ... the FBI said they've been cleared. The only one you can't clear is the mother that's at home when it happens `cause there's nobody else there.'

Back in Greece, Maria is in the care of the Smile of a Child charity and have received more than 8,000 calls about Maria.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2471296/Was-Maria-kidnapped-Kansas-City-Parents-missing-Lisa-Irwin-contact-Greek-authorities.html#ixzz2iVA9B5H9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The most interesting thing for me was the following comment:

Womble, Somewhere out there, United Kingdom, 13 minutes ago
Lisa Irwin's parents have the nerve to get into this story, since they refused to be interrogated by the police, they would not allow their sons to interviewed by the police. They would not cooperate with the police. The mother failed a lie detector test. Precious time was lost at the time because of the drama they caused and not being forthcoming in every way to help find their baby. They have the gall to now go to the media claiming this may be their child...yet right... a police dog smelt a dead body near the mother's bed. How often do dogs lie?? you know the answer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2471296/Was-Maria-kidnapped-Kansas-City-Parents-missing-Lisa-Irwin-contact-Greek-authorities.html#ixzz2iV9UaI63
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I never realised that the Irwin's parents were in a VERY Similar situation to the Mccann's!
With Cadaver dogs the lot! Yet the Daily Mail is currently not moderating the comments and has allowed this on!
Could you imagine them allowing similar comments on about the Mccann's! I don't think so!!

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 23.10.13 2:34

Someone has even sneaked in two references to the Gaspar statement in the comments! Never seen that before!! Perhaps the DM staff are napping. LOL  Someone at the Mail  is going to be Carter-Rucked tomorrow.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 23.10.13 2:39

I am sure that the little girl Maria, is not the Bradwin's Lisa. DNA testing would surely prove it anyway. Drunk deb knows what happened to Lisa IMO, and they are just blowing smoke.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 23.10.13 2:41

Wonder If Haleigh Cummings family might be next claiming it could be Haleigh?

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 23.10.13 4:37

Yep, Lisa's parents have this pesky dog problem................

It seems the dogs are not reliable when you are a British doctor.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 23.10.13 6:15

Out of 8 people who have requested interest about Maria, including Irwins, not one person has come forward to claim her.....as their child.

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 23.10.13 6:32

tagged: DNa, Greece, illegal adoptions, Interpol, Ireland, Maria, tests

Maria from Roma camp not on Interpol list of missing children
Posted by keeptalkinggreece in Very Mix
The young girl found living with a couple who are not her biological parents in a Roma camp in central Greece last week is not on Interpol’s list of missing children, the Greek Police told Skai on Tuesday.
The child, who is aged between 5 and 6 and has come to be known as “Maria,” is not on the international agency’s list of 610 missing children, DNA findings have confirmed.
The finding has led local authorities to believe that the most likely scenario is that Maria ended up at the Roma camp in Farsala, central Greece, following a crackdown on illegal adoptions in neighboring Bulgaria in the 2008-2010 period.
Now Greek police concentrates in locating a Bulgarian man who had allegedly gave new born Maria to the Roma couple, as the man and woman in custody claimed from the beginning.
- See more at: http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2013/10/22/maria-from-roma-camp-not-on-interpol-list-of-missing-children/#sthash.CRm70oZi.dpuf

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 23.10.13 7:10

@Joss wrote:tagged: DNa, Greece, illegal adoptions, Interpol, Ireland, Maria, tests

Maria from Roma camp not on Interpol list of missing children
Posted by keeptalkinggreece in Very Mix
The young girl found living with a couple who are not her biological parents in a Roma camp in central Greece last week is not on Interpol’s list of missing children, the Greek Police told Skai on Tuesday.
The child, who is aged between 5 and 6 and has come to be known as “Maria,” is not on the international agency’s list of 610 missing children, DNA findings have confirmed.
The finding has led local authorities to believe that the most likely scenario is that Maria ended up at the Roma camp in Farsala, central Greece, following a crackdown on illegal adoptions in neighboring Bulgaria in the 2008-2010 period.
Now Greek police concentrates in locating a Bulgarian man who had allegedly gave new born Maria to the Roma couple, as the man and woman in custody claimed from the beginning.
- See more at: http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2013/10/22/maria-from-roma-camp-not-on-interpol-list-of-missing-children/#sthash.CRm70oZi.dpuf
Yes I just read that myself.

Its going to be egg on someones face IMHO.

So if they child is not officially missing how can you charge them with ABDUCTION?

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum