The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"Maddie" Found in Greece - 'Star' headline 19 Oct 2013

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this the most cynical misuse of Madeleine's name so far, just to sell more newspapers?

69% 69% 
[ 59 ]
31% 31% 
[ 26 ]

Total Votes : 85

Re: "Maddie" Found in Greece - 'Star' headline 19 Oct 2013

Post by columbostogeys on 20.10.13 11:22

@plebgate wrote:Well considering how dark the Roma family are and that she has been with them for 4 years, with no colouring to her skin at all, I am beginning to wonder whether this is a genuine story?
Perhaps the pseudo parents  knowing that she has fair skin they made sure she wasnt exposed to being burnt. IF you live in a country like Greece most people are out of the sun from about 11am, and they go back out again at about 4pm after siesta. I lived in Cyprus for 3 years, we never were out in the sun all day, and when i left i was the same colour more or less then when I arrived, but i have olive skin as my mother is Italian. Its not the done thing for kids to be out being burnt, this could be deemed as SENSIBLE parenting....I have no idea but I know when we did go out we were fully covered. 

I used to go out with a UN soldier in Cyprus from Sweden he was whiter then white lol, yet his friend who went out with my friend had black hair and pale complexion but blue eyes.

I wasnt sure if the story was genuine either but after reading more about it i think it is.

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 20.10.13 13:27

@columbostogeys wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Well considering how dark the Roma family are and that she has been with them for 4 years, with no colouring to her skin at all, I am beginning to wonder whether this is a genuine story?
Perhaps the pseudo parents  knowing that she has fair skin they made sure she wasnt exposed to being burnt. IF you live in a country like Greece most people are out of the sun from about 11am, and they go back out again at about 4pm after siesta. I lived in Cyprus for 3 years, we never were out in the sun all day, and when i left i was the same colour more or less then when I arrived, but i have olive skin as my mother is Italian. Its not the done thing for kids to be out being burnt, this could be deemed as SENSIBLE parenting....I have no idea but I know when we did go out we were fully covered. 

I used to go out with a UN soldier in Cyprus from Sweden he was whiter then white lol, yet his friend who went out with my friend had black hair and pale complexion but blue eyes.

I wasnt sure if the story was genuine either but after reading more about it i think it is.
Yes you could well be right  - after all the brother did say that they looked after her very well taking her to the doctor about her bad eyes.

She must have been incredibly bored staying in from 11a.m. - 4pm to keep her out of the sun and under the "non-mother's" feet all day as well, but most prob. they did remember to put the sun cream on her and cover her up in long sleeves etc when she did go out to play with the other children.

The health message must have got through to them about staying covered and not burning for those with lighter skins and good on them I say.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 20.10.13 14:41

@plebgate wrote:
@columbostogeys wrote:

Yes you could well be right  - after all the brother did say that they looked after her very well taking her to the doctor about her bad eyes.

She must have been incredibly bored staying in from 11a.m. - 4pm to keep her out of the sun and under the "non-mother's" feet all day as well, but most prob. they did remember to put the sun cream on her and cover her up in long sleeves etc when she did go out to play with the other children.

The health message must have got through to them about staying covered and not burning for those with lighter skins and good on them I say.
LOL.....big grin 

I lived in hot countrys hun and we were NEVER allowed out in the sunshine between about 11.30 and 4pm. I was actually born in Aden. Just because she coudlnt go out in the sun doesnt mean she was bored, they have covered areas children can play under. They are not british who let their children out all day in the hot sun and wonder why they get sun burn or heat stroke. These are people who live in a hot country and therefore respect it. 

I dont find the fact she is light skinned a problem at all. From what I have read also she has some other health problems and is a bit slow mentally.

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.13 15:00

Whilst looking for this story I came across this, Greece again...........

Italy's Madeleine McCann 'found safe and well after four years'

A girl who went missing four years ago, and became known as Italy's Madeleine McCann, appears to have been found safe and well.

From Nick Pisa in Rome
6:30AM BST 12 Sep 2008

Urgent DNA tests are being carried out on the eight year old girl found in Greece to see if she is Denise Pipitone, who vanished in 2004.
She missing from outside her grandmother's house while playing.
News of the discovery will bring fresh hope to Gerry and Kate McCann after their daughter disappeared in Portugal last year, and for the parents of Ben Needham who vanished in 1991 from the same Greek island, Kos, where the Italian girl was found.
The DNA tests were ordered after Denise's mother Piera, shown photographs of the girl found in Greece, said the "shape of the eyes was exactly that" of her daughter.
Other similarities were a birthmark under the same eye as Denise, the fact the girl spoke fluent Italian and most strikingly the 30-year-old Roma gypsy woman who was with her admitted to police she was not the girl's mother

Police on Kos were alerted after an Italian tourist grew suspicious after the girl approached her with another youngster offering a bracelet for sale.
A sample of DNA was taken from the girl and flown to Italy after Greek police alerted Italian colleagues via Interpol.
Mrs Pipitone said:"I have seen so many photographs of children over the years but in this case the shape of the eyes is exactly that of my Denise.
"I have asked for a DNA test and one is being carried out. I don't want to get my hopes up, my feet will remain firmly on the ground until I see the results of the test.
"Four years have passed since she disappeared that's why I want to see the results of the test first."
Six weeks after Denise disappeared from her home at Mazzaro dell Vallo near Palermo a bank guard in Milan saw a distressed little girl with a group of Roma gyspies.
He made a videoclip with his phone but did not approach them. The footage was given to the police who showed it to Mrs Pipitone and she confirmed it as her daughter.
In the footage the woman said to the girl: "Danas" and she answered, in perfect Italian "Dove mi porti" (where are you taking me?). The guard also noted the birthmark under the left eye.
Italian police scientists analysed the film and later said that the clip showed seven facial feature points similar to Denise but as no DNA was taken it was impossible to say for certain.
It is not the first time that there have been sightings of Denise linked to Roma gypsies.
In 2005 checks were carried out on children at a camp on the outskirts of Nice after a tourist reported a girl of a similar description.
The same year checks were also carried out on a girl of a similar description in the northern Italian towns of Bergamo and Vicenza after she was spotted with gypsies.
Police have also followed other leads, including an internal domestic dispute. Denise's half sister was questioned at length on suspicion of being involved in her disappearance.

Other family members were also questioned after anonymous calls suggested she had been kidnapped and died after being given tranquilisers.
But after the video footage emerged police in Mazara began to focus more on the possibility that she had been snatched by gypsies

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/2801703/Italys-Madeleine-McCann-found-safe-and-well-after-four-years.html

Was it ascertained it was her.  DNA tests being done.......did we get the results.

Back to top Go down

Post by sofieellis on 20.10.13 15:30

Sadly, Denise is still missing, so this can't have been her.

sofieellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 20.10.13 18:45

@columbostogeys wrote:
@plebgate wrote:
@columbostogeys wrote:

LOL.....big grin 

I lived in hot countrys hun and we were NEVER allowed out in the sunshine between about 11.30 and 4pm. I was actually born in Aden. Just because she coudlnt go out in the sun doesnt mean she was bored, they have covered areas children can play under. They are not british who let their children out all day in the hot sun and wonder why they get sun burn or heat stroke. These are people who live in a hot country and therefore respect it. 

I dont find the fact she is light skinned a problem at all. From what I have read also she has some other health problems and is a bit slow mentally.

Again, you are probably right, but I have been in hot countries too and like many Brits have been out in the  sun when maybe I shouldn't have been and I have certainly seen indigenous people of many countries out at the same time subathing on beaches and children playing in the streets.   Who knows, we can only say what we are thinking.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.13 7:27

Mystery blonde girl 'Maria' was 'given to Roma gypsy couple by her mother' says lawyer

20 Oct 2013 14:26

The four-year-old's biological mother was unable to care for her, they claim

Read more:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/mystery-blonde-girl-maria-given-2473255

How many more different story's are there going to be about this little girl, untill the parents/mother are found and confirm what happened it's all speculation.

How convenient this story should be brought to light, giving fuel to the McCanns like the three woman found in America
only this time it's a four year old girl, gypsies, kiddnapping, abduction.

The Mail has a different take on the story.

Snipped

Little Maria made to dance for cash: 5,000 telephone calls from around the world as charity tries to find family of blonde 'gipsy' girl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Made to dance for cash, isn't that what dancing bears do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Juulcy on 21.10.13 8:21

@sofieellis wrote:Sadly, Denise is still missing, so this can't have been her.
http://www.italymagazine.com/italy/mazara-del-vallo/denise-italian-tragedy

In 2010 they investigated the involvement of familymembers, this is the only english piece on it I could find. My italian is not god enough but it appears that is still the case if I look at recent Italian articles.

Juulcy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 21.10.13 11:07

Having lived in Greece for a while, and holidayed there most years - this headline/story has really bugged me. Not every Greek is dark haired - far from it. I had many acquaintances with fair/blonde hair, plus many foreign friends out there like myself. Many swedish/german/albanians/georgians etc - all who work and play there, and have various skin tones, colour hair and who have relationships with each other. I'd just like to know that when the officials (?) raided this camp, did they DNA Test all the kiddies there. Why only the blonde one? I mean if they were so concerned about child trafficing - surely they would have tested all the kiddies? Though I have to say this surely would have gone against their human rights? I mean - has this what we've come to thanks to Team Mccann - DNA Testing all blonde kiddies from Gypsy camps?  Not very PC - but no squeak from any human rights groups on this.

Do you think if we DNA test Kids in out own country - we'll find that all the parents are who they say they are? Many countries, I believe African, and other countries parents send their children to our country to live with families over here so that they can get a better education, live better. Of course some probably work out well, but others...remember Victoria Columbie (sorry, don't know the correct spelling but the little who died in London whilst under the eye, or rather not, of social services I believe).

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame on 21.10.13 11:14

@sofieellis wrote:Sadly, Denise is still missing, so this can't have been her.
Although like Madeleine she has been spotted several times over the years.

endgame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame on 21.10.13 11:33

As a comparatively new member, I don't know if the Denise Pipitone case has been discussed extensively before but it offers many interesting comparisons with "the search for Madeleine". One of them is the Find Denise [Cerchiamo Denise - We are looking for Denise] website which is written almost entirely in the style of a personal appeal to Denise herself. Do you remember this, do you remember that, please contact us etc? Many have noted the total absence of any such direct appeal in the McCanns search. There is even a subtle but meaningful difference in the titles - Find Madeleine [i.e asking everyone else to do the work] and We are looking for Denise [i.e its us who are doing the searching.]

Confirms comments which have been made many times on the forum about the bizarre structure and mood of "the search for Madeleine".

endgame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 21.10.13 11:39

"Scum gypsies" ?!? 

Uh oh. We've become the Daily Mail all of a sudden... That's a shame and devalues the great work done by this forum IMO. 

What's the difference between that and calling the McCanns 'scum Scousers'? Nobody would tolerate that.

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 21.10.13 11:42

who posted about Scum gypsies...that is disgusting racism.

Ah a new member......columbostogeys.  I will read with interest all of this person's posts, the threads in which interest has been shown.

What a disgraceful thing to say...that needs a warning then a ban if anything similar repeated imo.

So many new members, and an obvious one or two trying to bring this forum into disrepute.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.13 11:45

@russiandoll wrote:who posted about Scum gypsies...that is disgusting racism.
It has been taken out of context, and it was meaning what people would be thinking...........

I watched this video over and over. The child was about 18 months when she is seeing dancing. You can interpret it several ways. 

The mother of the child proud of her little girl making her dance, and so proud she shoves a boy out of the frame. 

OR you can interpret the scene as scum gypsies making the child dance for money.

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 21.10.13 11:47

the phrase should therefore have been put in quotes CF....  

columbostogeys, it might help clarify things if you explained what you meant in your post. I take Candyfloss' point above, but your post was ambiguous. I certainly hope that you meant your words as being the views of other ignorant and racist people.

Advice for the future, please use quote marks if you are expressing controversial views which are not your own, then there won't be the confusion seen today.

Sincere apologies if I misunderstood you.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by endgame on 21.10.13 12:16

@russiandoll wrote:the phrase should therefore have been put in quotes CF....  

columbostogeys, it might help clarify things if you explained what you meant in your post. I take Candyfloss' point above, but your post was ambiguous. I certainly hope that you meant your words as being the views of other ignorant and racist people.

Advice for the future, please use quote marks if you are expressing controversial views which are not your own, then there won't be the confusion seen today.

Sincere apologies if I misunderstood you.
In case anyone reads this little exchange of posts and gets the wrong idea I do urge them to go back and read what columbostogeys actually wrote which was considered, observant and thoughtful. In essence it was a plea not to jump to conclusions about other people's lifestyles and not to interpret everything in terms of established stereotypes. The exact opposite of what was implied in the earlier posts.

endgame

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 21.10.13 12:21

Agreed with above - don't understand why anyone could have read the comments from this poster and thought it was in some way racist??? when completely the opposite. Just the hope the poster is not put off submitting their opinion again - perhaps some on here would prefer 'New Members' - to just go away. It's starting to feel like that, going from above posts. I thought this forum wanted New Members....?

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 21.10.13 12:33

Ah a new member......columbostogeys.  I will read with interest all of this person's posts, the threads in which interest has been shown.

What a disgraceful thing to say...that needs a warning then a ban if anything similar repeated imo.

So many new members, and an obvious one or two trying to bring this forum into disrepute.
hang on i never called the gypsies SCUM....where does that come from. I have great respect for Roma they are not all thieves, and also have distant family linked with gypsies in Italy.

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.13 12:36

It was a misunderstanding as the previous posts made clear.

Apologies from me Columbostogeys on behalf of the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 21.10.13 12:45

I'm pleased to see Forum Support's apology, but what was said about this poster and the possible banning was well over the line, and very off-putting to newbies like myself. I thought this place was above all this kind of thing. And just who are the newbies that are supposedly bringing this forum into disrepute?

When I used to only read this site, I always liked its friendliness, and only considered joining here because of this reason, and because of the Wendy Murphy Piece I witnessed, and felt needed putting on a forum somewhere, but reading comments about getting people banned.....?

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.13 12:47

@columbostogeys wrote:

hang on i never called the gypsies SCUM....where does that come from. I have great respect for Roma they are not all thieves, and also have distant family linked with gypsies in Italy.
We understood your point columbostogeys, and I did say in my post earlier it was taken totally out of context and highlighted.   Hopefully the person who brought it up has realised their mistake.

Back to top Go down

Post by columbostogeys on 21.10.13 12:49

@mouse wrote:Having lived in Greece for a while, and holidayed there most years - this headline/story has really bugged me. Not every Greek is dark haired - far from it. I had many acquaintances with fair/blonde hair, plus many foreign friends out there like myself. Many swedish/german/albanians/georgians etc - all who work and play there, and have various skin tones, colour hair and who have relationships with each other. I'd just like to know that when the officials (?) raided this camp, did they DNA Test all the kiddies there. Why only the blonde one? I mean if they were so concerned about child trafficing - surely they would have tested all the kiddies? Though I have to say this surely would have gone against their human rights? I mean - has this what we've come to thanks to Team Mccann - DNA Testing all blonde kiddies from Gypsy camps?  Not very PC - but no squeak from any human rights groups on this.

Do you think if we DNA test Kids in out own country - we'll find that all the parents are who they say they are? Many countries, I believe African, and other countries parents send their children to our country to live with families over here so that they can get a better education, live better. Of course some probably work out well, but others...remember Victoria Columbie (sorry, don't know the correct spelling but the little who died in London whilst under the eye, or rather not, of social services I believe).
What a great post.

My mother is Italian she has black dark thick hair well did have sorry she is 91 now. Out of four girls 3 had dark hair but my aunty as a child had really blonde hair and very light complexion. She used to be teased by her sisters about her hair colouring. There are a lot of Italians with blonde hair. Again its all about perception....

It is against human rights to do a DNA like this. 

I just feel there must be more to the story then we have been told. The child has been with her pseudo parents for 4 years, now she has been snatched away from all she has known her family. I thought these areas had a municipality and are policed etc, the Romas we are talking about are living in a designated area, not hiding in the hills away from anyone which one might expect if they had something to hide. I am also sure they would not have their family or neighbours speaking for them either, if they were guilty they would all keep strum surely and keep out of the limelight. All very odd.

columbostogeys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.13 12:49

Mouse, no one gets banned without a very good reason, a mistake was made, someone misread a post, it happens to all of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 21.10.13 13:01

@columbostogeys wrote:
@mouse wrote:Having lived in Greece for a while, and holidayed there most years - this headline/story has really bugged me. Not every Greek is dark haired - far from it. I had many acquaintances with fair/blonde hair, plus many foreign friends out there like myself. Many swedish/german/albanians/georgians etc - all who work and play there, and have various skin tones, colour hair and who have relationships with each other. I'd just like to know that when the officials (?) raided this camp, did they DNA Test all the kiddies there. Why only the blonde one? I mean if they were so concerned about child trafficing - surely they would have tested all the kiddies? Though I have to say this surely would have gone against their human rights? I mean - has this what we've come to thanks to Team Mccann - DNA Testing all blonde kiddies from Gypsy camps?  Not very PC - but no squeak from any human rights groups on this.

What a great post.

My mother is Italian she has black dark thick hair well did have sorry she is 91 now. Out of four girls 3 had dark hair but my aunty as a child had really blonde hair and very light complexion. She used to be teased by her sisters about her hair colouring. There are a lot of Italians with blonde hair. Again its all about perception....

It is against human rights to do a DNA like this. 

I just feel there must be more to the story then we have been told. The child has been with her pseudo parents for 4 years, now she has been snatched away from all she has known her family. I thought these areas had a municipality and are policed etc, the Romas we are talking about are living in a designated area, not hiding in the hills away from anyone which one might expect if they had something to hide. I am also sure they would not have their family or neighbours speaking for them either, if they were guilty they would all keep strum surely and keep out of the limelight. All very odd.
I agree with you absolutely on this - why did they suddenly decided to raid this camp? On what grounds - one small blond child living with Romas....??? I guess we'll never know, and this story will probably fizzle out to nothing - but hell yeah it got the Mccans on the front pages again, and everybody talking about the possibility of Madeleine still being alive and in the same situation. I know the Romas do not always get too much sympathy from the general public in Greece - due to some of them being pick-pockets, having light fingers in the shops, and their begging, but overall my friends, who might not have liked some of their behaviour, did appreciate this was probably because they were so poor. Also many restaurants I knew would give them something to eat round the back door if they had any food left over... 

Welcome to the forum - pleased to see you posting.

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 21.10.13 13:03

The news reports said that the child was discovered during a drugs raid.

It remains to be seen if the story is what it seems to be.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum