The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth)

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth)

Post by Over The Hill on 30.11.13 8:11

@stillsloppingout wrote:It could not be more obvious that SY are in no way trying to seek justice in this case ,IT'S JUST A STALL AND SHELVE EXERCISE
Except that it doesn't matter what SY think - it isn't their case to solve. And the fact that the PJ have come back into the equation at this point isn't a coincidence, it's their job

But it isn't a stall and shelve exercise - why open a case that wasn't yours in the first place, and which had gone cold, just to shelve it again? SY do have an interest in aspects of the case, but it isn't about an abduction or finding Maddie, as was clear from the Crimewatch update

Meanwhile SY can't progress their own investigation without input from the PJ, so it's just as well that they're both active in different areas

But it's likely that the case was reopened in Portugal because of SY's interest anyway, since SY can't complete their own project without the PJ answering one simple question - is M still alive?

Over The Hill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CRIMEWATCH ON BBC ***Part 2 DISCUSSION**** including CRIMEWATCH UPDATE (for what it was worth)

Post by SixMillionQuid on 30.11.13 9:13

@Over The Hill wrote:
@stillsloppingout wrote:It could not be more obvious that SY are in no way trying to seek justice in this case ,IT'S JUST A STALL AND SHELVE EXERCISE
Except that it doesn't matter what SY think - it isn't their case to solve. And the fact that the PJ have come back into the equation at this point isn't a coincidence, it's their job

But it isn't a stall and shelve exercise - why open a case that wasn't yours in the first place, and which had gone cold, just to shelve it again? SY do have an interest in aspects of the case, but it isn't about an abduction or finding Maddie, as was clear from the Crimewatch update

Meanwhile SY can't progress their own investigation without input from the PJ, so it's just as well that they're both active in different areas

But it's likely that the case was reopened in Portugal because of SY's interest anyway, since SY can't complete their own project without the PJ answering one simple question - is M still alive?
From the UKs point of view this is a PR exercise. The review / investigation was launched on the back of a particular newspaper campaign and not because there was a commitment from the Home Secretary to start one.

As far as SY is concerned the McCanns are completely innocent. They also ruled a man who turns up six later matching Jane Tanners description, coming from the direction of the McCanns apartment carrying a child wear pyjamas similar to what Madeleine was said to be wearing...they ruled him out!!!!?? It's obvious to me that SY aren't serious at all.

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.11.13 10:05

@SixMillionQuid wrote: [...] The review / investigation was launched on the back of a particular newspaper campaign and not because there was a commitment from the Home Secretary to start one.
[...]
I am copying this from page 7 of the thread “Operation Grange Remit”:

Châtelaine wrote:
I've just seen a FOI doc on http://www.met.police.uk/foi/pdfs/disclosure_2012/may_2012/2011120000806.pdf
which clearly demonstrates to on the very day that the Sun published McCs bombshell-letter to Cameron, May 12, 2011, Theresa May wrote a letter to Sir Paul Stephenson requesting the Met to take up the offer of the PJ to co-operate wit them on their review [started March 2011] on the McCann case ...

She mentions that
- the HO had continued to liaise with the Portuguese authorities
- the offer of of co-operation resulted from discussion between the UK ambassador and the PJ
- the request is supported  by  PM Cameron and
- the full costs will be covered by a Special Grant [HO]

and Portia’s comment:
If the Review was a 'done deal' before the pleading letter appeared on the front page of the Sun, then it suggests it was a PR exercise and a quick 'it was our idea anyway' gesture.

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 30.11.13 15:56

Châtelaine wrote:
@SixMillionQuid wrote: [...] The review / investigation was launched on the back of a particular newspaper campaign and not because there was a commitment from the Home Secretary to start one.
[...]
I am copying this from page 7 of the thread “Operation Grange Remit”:

Châtelaine wrote:
I've just seen a FOI doc on http://www.met.police.uk/foi/pdfs/disclosure_2012/may_2012/2011120000806.pdf
which clearly demonstrates to on the very day that the Sun published McCs bombshell-letter to Cameron, May 12, 2011, Theresa May wrote a letter to Sir Paul Stephenson requesting the Met to take up the offer of the PJ to co-operate wit them on their review [started March 2011] on the McCann case ...

She mentions that
- the HO had continued to liaise with the Portuguese authorities
- the offer of of co-operation resulted from discussion between the UK ambassador and the PJ
- the request is supported  by  PM Cameron and
- the full costs will be covered by a Special Grant [HO]

and Portia’s comment:
If the Review was a 'done deal' before the pleading letter appeared on the front page of the Sun, then it suggests it was a PR exercise and a quick 'it was our idea anyway' gesture.
I was reminded of this article where the McCanns started whinging because they didn't get a commitment from the Home Secretary

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1327336/Kate-McCann-Disappointed-Home-Secretary-Theresa-May.html

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 30.11.13 16:24

@SixMillionQuid wrote: I was reminded of this article where the McCanns started whinging because they didn't get a commitment from the Home Secretary

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1327336/Kate-McCann-Disappointed-Home-Secretary-Theresa-May.html
I found that an utterly shameful article, by absolutely shameless people sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 30.11.13 16:59

People who have no shame are shameful and this couple far exceed the shamelessness of the now incarcerated Philpotts who sought to profit from causing the deaths of their children.  

From the Daily Mail article whose 'comments' section is still live and whose individual totals have now increased by one laughat : So far, the Home Office has refused to disclose the report’s recommendations. Mrs McCann, who has five-year-old twins Sean and Amelie, said: ‘There is no reason why the contents can’t be made available to us.

'They say some of it is sensitive but we are Madeleine’s parents, for goodness sake. We’ve said we will not divulge any of it except to help our investigators.’

Those investigators are paid for by the Find Maddie Fund, which has now dwindled to £300,000 and it is set to dry up within five months.

At a conservative estimate, the McCanns' initially netted some £3+million from a guillible public and we are expected to believe that in little more than 3 years all but £300,000, which is a colossal 90% of the initial total raised, was spent on 'leaving no stone unturned' in the search for Madeleine?

It is to be hoped that, in the fullness of time, stones will be turned in offshore accounts around the globe.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster on 01.12.13 9:01

There's no way that [deleted by Admin - The Rooster, please express your concerns in moderate language - thank you, ADMIN] Gerry and Kate [more words deleted - ADMIN] won't have laundered monies for their own predilection [that's in your opinion and allegedly - ADMIN]. That boy loves to think he can pull the wool over our eyes. Fool of a McCann. As one poster commented it will be the operation of the fund in the UK that will precipitate their downfall.

I for one look forward to the day that they are stopped in their tracks and sent the Queens Hotel of many bedrooms.

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.12.13 10:00

@The Rooster wrote:As one poster commented it will be the operation of the fund in the UK that will precipitate their downfall.
And the ON-line store is STILL closed. It is still impossible to give donations via paypal.
Has someone had a quiet word ?
Has one of the Directors / Trustees come to his / her senses
Has Esther McVey spoken to someone.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 01.12.13 10:03

@PeterMac wrote:
@The Rooster wrote:As one poster commented it will be the operation of the fund in the UK that will precipitate their downfall.
And the ON-line store is STILL closed.  It is still impossible to give donations via paypal.
Drat. I really wanted to donate too. I've been saving up for 6 years to buy some good quality wristbands to put in my children's Xmas stockings. Just my luck that I'm too late.

Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.12.13 10:21

@PeterMac wrote:
And the ON-line store is STILL closed.  It is still impossible to give donations via paypal.
Might have been a tough word too, IMO. Like an order ...?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 01.12.13 10:33

It is just so unlike them to leave the possibility of being given more money unavailable.
It must be well over a week now.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.12.13 10:47

@PeterMac wrote:
Likely one or two Directors/Trustees with the surname starting with the letter "M" has cold feet....sensing danger!

This arrogant pair wont take advice (I don't think).
I doubt Esther McVey in her new influential role would give them time of the day, not even in her thoughts.

Just my view, anyway.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.12.13 10:52

@PeterMac wrote:It is just so unlike them to leave the possibility of being given more money unavailable.
It must be well over a week now.
Never fret for them.big grin 

There's still gullible out there who will send them MONEY in envelopes.
Maybe even christmas prezzies for the twins.  
In fact , one can bet on that to a certain extent that the probability of that is high.

ETA: Or maybe their website Manager has abandoned them because he hasn't been paid?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 01.12.13 11:02

Is their phone line still operational, does anybody know ?

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 01.12.13 11:35

She (KM) said: ˜There is an abductor out there who is free to take another child.
Other children are at risk and nothing is being done."

The ONLY children 'at risk' were HERS, who she diliberately left alone, out of sight, in an unlocked apartment!

And STRANGELY no other child, not ONE, has been 'taken' from PDL, even though the place is absolutely crawling with paedos, burglars, and 'ne'er do wells' residing in every nook and cranny.

ETA: Could somebody tell me EXACTLY where Madeleine was at 17:00hrs/5pm on the 3rd May 2007.
Thankyou.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.12.13 12:28

@sami wrote:Is their phone line still operational, does anybody know ?
If it is still listed, cant see why not (defaultedly operational I mean), except not physically manned.
FAIH, someone called and got the automated answering machine.

I think the idea is they retrieve (if they bother at all) messages if caller/s bother to leave any.

The impression is there's no urgency to find her.  
Else, you would think they would link the hotline nr to their home nr; that way they wont miss any calls just in case it is THE important one.

In their shoes I would persistently at every publicity opportunity urge the Public to call the Police Hotline by reading out the Hotline nr.
Something as simple as that they did not do.  
All they want is to 'remind' public she is missing, nothing more nothing less.
Their ongoing  'awareness campaign' (their own words) and not always 'search campaign, is about reminding the Public she's missing so that gullible would keep donating.
Gerry masterminds this from the outset when he talked about their long term plan to keep her 'disappearance' status through publicity every X number of days/months/years... Remember his executive-style charts and all?
He already knew she would continue to be missing for a very long time to eternity.
Now, why is THAT so?

Oh silly me, how could I have forgotten -  they told us they believed she's kept by a paedophile who might return her one day (if they're lucky).

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.12.13 12:35

@jeanmonroe wrote:She (KM) said: ˜There is an abductor out there who is free to take another child.
Other children are at risk and nothing is being done."

The ONLY children 'at risk' were HERS, who she diliberately left alone, out of sight, in an unlocked apartment!

And STRANGELY no other child, not ONE, has been 'taken' from PDL, even though the place is absolutely crawling with paedos, burglars, and 'ne'er do wells' residing in every nook and cranny.

ETA: Could somebody tell me EXACTLY where Madeleine was at 17:00hrs/5pm on the 3rd May 2007.
Thankyou.
FCOL, that's old news! 2010!

And, here I was, at face value of that link lhinking: is that the Fragrant Kate Christmas address to the Nation?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saltnpepper on 01.12.13 17:07

@sami wrote:Is their phone line still operational, does anybody know ?
I phoned the other day, pressed option 2 to speak to an operative, was told they were busy & to hold...after a few seconds the auto voice told me to leave a message.
 I did want to speak & ask why there is an image of 'bundleman'/'crecheman' on the homepage...it's still there & the site is STILL updating if you wish to purchase a good quality wristband etc or wish to donate online, although there is a po box if you wish to send a cheque or cold hard cash...IT'LL GET THERE!

saltnpepper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Veritas on 01.12.13 18:49

The privately owned hotline exists to attempt to control the flow of information, I'll bet they're in a publicity race to be the "most official" agency handling this. The centre is unmanned, however, because they know that 2 in 3 calls will be asking hard questions. And that would be the same irrespective of where guilt lands. The persistence in running the facility is a curious thing indeed. All about control, or the illusion of it. Most parents would be too distraught and too busy to build this enterprise. Most, even the guilty, would hand over to the police. This is something very different than 'most'.

Veritas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.12.13 19:01

I do remember the ones, [Haligen times] who originally managed the hotline. They complained, that nobody was interested to hear any of it ...

At this moment in time, with two active police investigations, it is outragious, that the McCs would be calling for information themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on 01.12.13 19:09

Châtelaine wrote:I do remember the ones, [Haligen times] who originally managed the hotline. They complained, that nobody was interested to hear any of it ...

At this moment in time, with two active police investigations, it is outragious, that the McCs would be calling for information themselves.
Yes, that is why I wondered if its still live.  Is it usually allowable for a party closely connected to a crime that is being investigated by Scotland Yard, advertise for and collate information from the public about that crime ?  Seems a worrying situation to me.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 01.12.13 22:42

@aiyoyo wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
Likely one or two Directors/Trustees with the surname starting with the letter "M" has cold feet....sensing danger!

This arrogant pair wont take advice (I don't think).
I doubt Esther McVey in her new influential role would give them time of the day, not even in her thoughts.

Just my view, anyway.
The McCanns' house of cards is collapsing around their ears and it's all coming down to something I posted another thread, and make no apologies for repeating here as I intend to tubthump on the subject whenever occasion arises, which is 'Who can the McCanns trust'?

They would be naive in the extreme to believe that, simply because nothing's been reported back to them by the individuals concerned, the police have not made overtures to their nearest and dearest and to their paid helpers as, regardless of whether one believes NSY is engaged in applying a coat of whitewash, the investigation and its ever-increasing cost is under far too much scrutiny by various agencies, and by the electorate, for Redwood not to have dug down to the foundations of TM and 'made the necessary enquiries'. 

One or more of their fellow directors has undoubtedly been got at, hence the decision to erase the donate online option but, unless a full and frank admission has been made at a board meeting or in private, it's unlikely K&G will be able to discover who has been 'turned' and is leaking like a sieve in the hope that their 'full co-operation' will reap the customary reward of leniency.

The fact that the limited company's site no longer links to the bewk also gives rise to speculation that all is not well in Rothley Towers which, I suspect, has now become teleported to Paranoia Alley. 

I detected more than a hint of author envy in a couple of the questions Izzy had been instructed to ask at one or other of the recent court hearings.  As I recall, they had to do with the sales of 'The Truth of the Lie' and I doubt that learning Dr Amaral's book is now in it s 12th edition and continues to sell for its full cover price will have gone down well with a writer whose comparatively amateurish tome has failed to live up to its publisher's expectations and can now be found in the drastically reduced bargain basements of Amazon and eBay, not to mention the shelves of charity shops the length and breadth of the UK - the bewk is not so much cheap as chips these days as half a dozen being cheaper than a yule log, and they burn for longer yes    

With regard to Ms McVey, her meteoric propulsion from the backbenches has not been achieved by her becoming known for unburdening herself to all and sundry.  When the inevitable occurs, I anticipate that she will adopt the time-honoured 'saddened and shocked to learn' sentiment of those politicians and other public figures who claim not to have suspected anything untoward at the time they had dealings with whoever it is who's in deep doo-dah as a result of some duplicity or other.

As you've said, aiyoyo "There's still gullible out there who will send them MONEY in envelopes" and there's also the less than gullible who have no doubt been making donations in a currency that cannot be used to buy goods, services, and pizza hats winkwink

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster on 03.12.13 17:00

Very well said Ultima T.  For a control freak like McCann it must be driving him crazy.  He'll be raging like a bluebottle caught in a jar continually banging his head... Ouch!!! [Deleted by me to save Admin the hassle].

The Rooster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.12.13 17:10

@ultimaThule wrote: [...] "There's still gullible out there who will send them MONEY in envelopes" and there's also the less than gullible who have no doubt been making donations in a currency that cannot be used to buy goods, services, and pizza hats winkwink
Going through some old stuff, I recently found two 50 francs banknotes. Is that an idea ... ?

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 03.12.13 17:20

They are also working on a “computerised reconstruction” of the night she disappeared by putting thousands of pieces of information into the police Holmes computer.

I wonder if we will ever get to see the computerised reconstruction..... thinking 

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/307369/New-photo-clue-to-Madeleine-McCann-case

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum