The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.


Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by corpushining on 17.10.13 0:55

I have just read the Gasper statement, source:http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATERINA-PAYNE-INCIDENT.htm

Two or three days had gone by, we were all staying in Majorca where, in general terms, we had fun (Page 3) with our children. Possibly, around the fourth or perhaps the fifth day abroad, I remember an incident that stayed recorded in my head. I say this in this way, because I have thought numerous times about the incident that I am about to describe since that date.
One night, when we were on holiday, the adults, in other words, the couples that I mentioned were on a patio outside the house where we were staying. We had been eating and drinking.
I was sitting between Dave and Gerry whom I believe were both talking about Madeleine. I don't remember the conversation in its entirety, but it seemed they were discussing a possible scenario. I remember Dave telling Gerry something like ?she?, referring to Madeleine, ?would do this?.
When he mentioned ?this?, Dave was sucking on one of his fingers, pushing it in and out of his mouth, whilst with the other hand he circled his nipple, with a circulating movement over his clothes. This was done in a provocative manner there being an explicit insinuation in relation to what he was saying and doing.
I remember that I was shocked at this, and looked at Gerry, and also at Dave, to see their reactions. I looked around (page 4) to see ?did anyone else hear this, or was it just me?. There was a nervous silence noted in the conversations of all the others and immediately afterwards everyone began talking again.
I never spoke to anyone about this, but I always felt that it was something very strange and that it wasn't something that should be done or said.
Apart from this, I remember that Dave did the same thing once again. When I refer to this, I want to mention again that it was during a conversation, in which he was talking about an imaginary situation, though I could not say precisely what it was about. I believe that he was talking about his own daughter, L., though I'm not certain. He slid one of his fingers in and out of his mouth, while the other hand drew a circle around his nipple in a provocative and sexual manner. I believe that he was referring to the way that L., would behave or would do it.
I believe that he did this later on, during the holidays, but I cannot be sure. The only time, besides this one, that I was with Dave and Fiona was several weeks after the holidays, when Savio and I met up with Gerry, Kate, Dave and Fiona at a restaurant in Leicester.
I am absolutely certain that he said what he said and that he made the gestures I referred to, but that could have occurred in the restaurant in Leicester, even though (page five) I believe that it was later on, in Majorca. When I heard Dave saying and doing this a second time, I took it more seriously.
I remember thinking whether he looked at the girls in a different way from me or from the others. I imagined that maybe he had visited Internet sites related to small children. In short, I thought that he might be interested in child pornography on the internet.
During our holidays, I was more attentive at the bath times after hearing Dave saying that.
My question is: why the hell hasnt this been covered by the Mail or the Express? They are obsessed with this story surely it adds a whole new dimension to the case?

corpushining

Posts : 11
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Searcher on 17.10.13 1:22

This vital statement seems to have been sidelined in our media; a solid wall of silence.  I would like to know - just in terms of basic professional ethics! - how Crimewatch and SY can continue to ignore it. 

We can do our bit by keeping it out there.  It's on the net.  notme

Searcher

Posts : 363
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dr. Katharina Gasper ..

Post by Searcher on 17.10.13 1:28

I could also wonder, if Dr. Katharina Gasper's own conscience might take her to the offices of ITV or the Daily Mail, to re-make her statement!  I suppose that would risk another Carter-Rucking.  But it is a thought.  please

Searcher

Posts : 363
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Dr What on 17.10.13 11:11

The silence is astonishing isn't it.

It is not as though the statement has been made up.It is an official statement made by a former colleague of these doctors, available to read in the police files.In a case involving a missing child, the lack of debate/mention of this potentially important piece of information is almost unbelievable.

If the statement has been investigated and dismissed as not relevant, then why not say so.This would also be fair to Payne and McCann.People could then discount it.But at the moment, we have 2 NHS GPs, who have legitimate access to children, and this statement left in the air.The Police know about the statement because TB wrote to them about it some time ago.

Dr What

Posts : 241
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2012-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Searcher on 17.10.13 11:14

Yes, Dr. What, it is a very loud silence indeed!  But we are not keeping silent, at least.

Searcher

Posts : 363
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Mirage on 17.10.13 11:17

Admin, just a small point but might the spelling of Gaspar be corrected in the title please?  Thanks.

Mirage

Posts : 1667
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Guest on 17.10.13 11:21

@Mirage wrote:Admin, just a small point but might the spelling of Gaspar be corrected in the title please?  Thanks.
Done

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Mrjasper on 17.10.13 11:29


Mrjasper

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by ShuBob on 17.10.13 13:16

I have no doubt whatsoever that there's an injunction out against reporting about the existence of the Gaspars' statements. Journalists are aware of it and just like with the Smith sighting, it'll come out at the right time.

Patience yes 

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 58
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Pershing36 on 17.10.13 16:41

I take it there is no way of telling or finding out whether there is an injunction against reporting on either?

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Pershing36 on 17.10.13 16:43

I take it there is no way of telling or finding out whether there is an injunction against reporting on either?

Pershing36

Posts : 670
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Searcher on 17.10.13 17:13

I think it would be very helpful to know if there is an injunction.  For example, London talk radio [which is usually unafraid to debate even very tough or controversial subjects] has said nothing that I have heard which relates either to CW, or the following media coverage.  A silence. When one presenter did mention it briefly well before CW, he referred to "the abduction". 

So far, as a regular listener, I would say that there has been no invitation for caller discussion or debate on radio.  Whatsoever!! spit coffee

Searcher

Posts : 363
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Dr What on 17.10.13 18:59

What is equally worrying is the fact that a group of qualified doctors, working for the NHS and thus part of their particular Health Authority's Child Protection Procedures, have shown no interest or curiousity in the Gaspar disclosure, and have not sought to distance themselves publicly from either the Gaspars, the statement,  or Payne.

GPs and doctors are pivotal in tackling child abuse.So where are these GPs on this Gaspar disclosure? Nowhere, it seems.Particularly when it is a friend who is named.

Dr What

Posts : 241
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2012-10-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by tegan1973 on 17.10.13 21:21

@Searcher wrote:This vital statement seems to have been sidelined in our media; a solid wall of silence.  I would like to know - just in terms of basic professional ethics! - how Crimewatch and SY can continue to ignore it. 

We can do our bit by keeping it out there.  It's on the net.  notme
How far did the Portuguese police take this?

tegan1973

Posts : 36
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by StraightThinking on 17.10.13 21:25

Under English law, the statement is libellous unless it can be proved, it's as simple as that

StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by roy rovers on 17.10.13 21:31

@Pershing36 wrote:I take it there is no way of telling or finding out whether there is an injunction against reporting on either?
Can anyone suggest how such an injunction could be framed that might make sense of what we're hearing / not hearing in this case. I suppose by their very nature super injunctions are those whose very existence is part of what is injuncted. Or is it just fear of CR?

roy rovers

Posts : 466
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Searcher on 17.10.13 21:34

If something is libellous unless proved, what does that make of witness statements where an event that has been witnessed cannot be reproduced?shark

Searcher

Posts : 363
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by endgame on 17.10.13 21:35

@Pershing36 wrote:I take it there is no way of telling or finding out whether there is an injunction against reporting on either?
I think it's extremely unlikely that there is an injunction. If they did it for this, they would have to do it for a hundred other pieces of potentially damaging revelation and they would need to demonstrate that there was some risk of this being widely promoted in the media - the fact that we are discussing it shows that it is freely available information. Most injunctions come about to ward off some imminent threat like the Sun is about to publish a damaging story. Pre-emptive injunctions with no imminent threat are I think quite rare.

It seems far more likely that the press see this as a minor piece of "evidence" which hints at but proves nothing in the great scheme of things. The innuendo in any decision to publish would be that here was a group of paedophiles and that innuendo would be easily interpreted as the reason to publish. With nothing else to support such an allegation the press would be very exposed to a libel action. Don't underestimate the press's continuing nervousness about being sued by the McCanns or feeding the frenzy over press regulation.

My view is that the answer lies more in that direction than in an injunction.

endgame

Posts : 171
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by StraightThinking on 17.10.13 21:37

@Searcher wrote:If something is libellous unless proved, what does that make of witness statements where an event that has been witnessed cannot be reproduced?shark
These witness statements are only available because Portugal has a different legal system. If a British newspaper were to publish them, they would (quite rightly in my opinion, because you can't make unsubstantiated allegations of that severity) be taken to the cleaners by the lawyers. It's defamation unless you can prove it

StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Searcher on 17.10.13 21:56

Thankyou; but I still understand that - if material is reported in court (open court) as witness evidence - it can be reported in the media, without it being libellous?  I'm not sure how that would relate to any further action for libel if the case was lost.

Searcher

Posts : 363
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 17.10.13 21:59

@ShuBob wrote:I have no doubt whatsoever that there's an injunction out against reporting about the existence of the Gaspars' statements. Journalists are aware of it and just like with the Smith sighting, it'll come out at the right time.

Patience yes 
As in Giggs & Trafigura?

ProfessorPPlum

Posts : 411
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by StraightThinking on 17.10.13 22:02

@Searcher wrote:Thankyou; but I still understand that - if material is reported in court (open court) as witness evidence - it can be reported in the media, without it being libellous?  I'm not sure how that would relate to any further action for libel if the case was lost.
If this ever makes an English court, it will be reported if it is part of the case and is raised in court

StraightThinking

Posts : 180
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Searcher on 17.10.13 22:05

Well thank God for that;  but I can imagine that may be one specific aim in all of this - to keep it out of an English court. shark

Searcher

Posts : 363
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by endgame on 17.10.13 22:05

@Searcher wrote:Thankyou; but I still understand that - if material is reported in court (open court) as witness evidence - it can be reported in the media, without it being libellous?  I'm not sure how that would relate to any further action for libel if the case was lost.
But it hasn't been presented in court and even if it were it is very thin as evidence. Its tone of "I think this is what was happening. This is how in interpreted it. It made me uneasy" is really not that solid. It may indeed be an indicator of a great truth yet to to be revealed but that isn't necessarily helpful in law unless it is part of a whole bundle of other far more conclusive evidence.

endgame

Posts : 171
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gaspar Statement: why no media coverage?

Post by Searcher on 17.10.13 22:11

Yes, Endgame, I too have noted the hesitations in the witness statement; not that, for me, it detracts one bit from the message.  As you say, it would need to lead to other elements to be solid or pursued perhaps.  Even so, there is no ethical or legal reason for SY to leave it out of their current review?  We don't know if it is included or not.

Searcher

Posts : 363
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum