The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

What do your friends and family think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do your friends and family think?

Post by bristow on 16.10.13 12:38

I had a few friends round last night, there were eight of us all in all and we discussed the McCann case.
Most of my friends have a vague interest in the case, and I would say it is 50/50 with what they believe, like the majority of people who don't follow the case closely. 

We discussed the Crimewatch programme (they had all watched it apart from one) and it had changed their tune completely, they are now totally suspicious of the McCanns and were amazed by the Smith sighting (they didn't realise it was old news, well to us anyway.)  

I am so pleased that this has made them think, I was so worried that CW would play into the hands of the sheeples and make the whole thing a whitewash but it definitely seems to be making average Joe Public think seriously and doubt the McCann version of the truth.

(My cousin who had read Kates book was amazed that the DP visit wasn't shown in the reconstruction, she asked me "Do you think Kate has lied then? Something is not right here.") big grin 

Any people you know becoming suspicious, especially in relation to watching CW?

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What do your friends and family think?

Post by tiny on 16.10.13 12:42

my sister who has had no interest in case and does not follow it, saw the e-fit sketch then a pic of Gerry and said its the father of Madeleine big grin

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 16.10.13 12:50

@tiny wrote:my sister who has had no interest in case and does not follow it, saw the e-fit sketch then a pic of Gerry and said its the father of Madeleine:biggrin:
Makes you wonder if that is CWs MO!

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 16.10.13 13:48

Well, my friends think along the lines of the PJ final report. I enquire people often about this case and I've talked to people that has no opinion based on the fact that they don't really care about it but I never encountered anyone who believe the parents are innocent. They say: at least the parents are guilty of leaving the children alone.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 16.10.13 14:59

My other half belongs to that group of people who have no concrete thoughts on the subject either way. That is until very recently - when he started researching the case without being prodded into it. He has just asked me if I have ever heard of the Gaspar's!

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice on 16.10.13 17:10

I spoke to a CW viewer who has only seen MSM coverage and she was suspicious after the programme.  Particularly, Kate's statement 'the little girl' (not Madeleine) and, surprisingly, MO getting up from the table and telling Kate not to bother.

Truthandjustice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HLC on 19.10.13 1:12

My mum thinks they are guilty of something as do most of my friends, had a few people say I'm stupid or evil for blaming the parents but they are generally the ones who have only read what the papers have printed & have never seen tge files

HLC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 19.10.13 1:37

@bristow wrote:
We discussed the Crimewatch programme (they had all watched it apart from one) and it had changed their tune completely, they are now totally suspicious of the McCanns and were amazed by the Smith sighting (they didn't realise it was old news, well to us anyway.)  
This is what I think the net outcome of the CW programme in the UK amounts to. Which, when you think about it, is a pretty amazing achievement. I'm seeing more people in the real world saying they think the McC's are involved. These aren't haters, they're just people whose gut instincts told them something wasn't right 6 years ago and now - for the first time - they're starting to find stuff like this forum that validates their feelings. 

Speaking of which, my initial gut reaction to the main players were

• Gerry McCann: lying, controlling, smug, rage, unaccountable
• Kate McCann: strung out, medicated, broken-down
• Clarence Mitchell: contemptuous, arrogant, out of his depth
• Dave Edgar: derelict, imposter, dirty secrets

• Andy Redwood: gormless, bent, panic behind his eyes

• Goncalo Amaral: decent, gentle, humour

Anyone else remember their first reactions? 

NB: I actually don't want my initial reaction to Andy Redwood to be correct...

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 19.10.13 6:46

@ProfessorPPlum wrote:
@bristow wrote:
This is what I think the net outcome of the CW programme in the UK amounts to. Which, when you think about it, is a pretty amazing achievement. I'm seeing more people in the real world saying they think the McC's are involved. These aren't haters, they're just people whose gut instincts told them something wasn't right 6 years ago and now - for the first time - they're starting to find stuff like this forum that validates their feelings. 

Speaking of which, my initial gut reaction to the main players were

• Gerry McCann: lying, controlling, smug, rage, unaccountable
• Kate McCann: strung out, medicated, broken-down
• Clarence Mitchell: contemptuous, arrogant, out of his depth
• Dave Edgar: derelict, imposter, dirty secrets

• Andy Redwood: gormless, bent, panic behind his eyes

• Goncalo Amaral: decent, gentle, humour

Anyone else remember their first reactions? 

NB: I actually don't want my initial reaction to Andy Redwood to be correct...
thumbsup  More or less what I thought, except Mitchell clearly thinks he's untouchable and brilliant and we're all stupid, but in reality he's out of his depth as you say and whenever there's been a clever twist in the case, it can't have come from CM. always imagined a Mandelson or two behind him. 

Family are lukewarm, don't understand the wider implications. A friend errm ex-friend nearly bit my head off just for saying the child was dead and they knew exactly what happened. 

O, and imo Mussolini could have taken lessons from GM  in arrogance and selfconfidence.

I have never believed any of them.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth on 19.10.13 7:26

I'm afraid people around me are still believing their story, I do not know how they can. However, none of them watched the Crimewatch special as they have lost interest in this case. It may have helped them see things in a different light.

People older than me still say "Poor parents, they look so strained." 

I try to inform them that the reason they look so strained is because they are hiding the truth and it is taking it's toll but they don't seem to agree, they still think Madeleine was abducted.  nah 

Unbelievable.

TellTheTruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsC on 19.10.13 7:49

The majority of my friends and family believe, as I do, that Mr & Mrs McCann know what happened to their daughter. They believe that Madeleine died due to being sedated and somehow had an accident. They believe the McCann's moved and hid her body. They believe Goncalo Amaral.

Others don't believe that they would keep going on TV, publicising her 'abduction' and keep the profile raised if they were guilty.

MrsC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 19.10.13 8:20

@MrsC wrote:The majority of my friends and family believe, as I do, that Mr & Mrs McCann know what happened to their daughter. They believe that Madeleine died due to being sedated and somehow had an accident. They believe the McCann's moved and hid her body. They believe Goncarlo Amaral.

Others don't believe that they would keep going on TV, publicising her 'abduction' and keep the profile raised if they were guilty.

And that's exactly why they keep doing it.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 19.10.13 9:20

A friend who has continuously defended the McCanns since 2007, has completely changed her mind after watching Crime Watch.  She now believes the McCanns are involved!   I was amazed at her about face, after being such a firm advocate of the stranger abduction scenario.  Even the elderly friends of my mother have shifted their viewpoint after watching Crime Watch, and are now very suspicious of the McCanns. This is not a coincidence (imo), and indicates a key change in opinions. 

Andy Redwood has become as untrustworthy as the two he seeks to defend. He's not convincing anyone with his 'revelation' regarding Jane Tanner's bundleman, or his latter-day attempt at promoting the Smith's sighting, which was well known by the UK authorities, as an important lead to be followed up.  

Most of us knew long ago this was an epic farce of lies and obfuscation by the McCanns, and that the Home Office was assisting them with their vile agenda.  We can now thank Operation Grange for its resounding confirmation!

imo

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 20.10.13 9:20

Friends can't be bothered to read the files and are quick to blame the portuguese police, without knowing the reason to blame the portuguese police. They seem to enjoy criticising them.

Oh well, it's their loss, once a sheep always a sheep.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 20.10.13 9:29

Outside of a couple of family members, people who we discuss it with have no idea about the case really, and act flabbergasted when certain things are pointed out. Some just don't get how anything can be covered up,, not just in this case but in more general terms.

A few people are waking up to the propaganda machine, but for most it is simply too much hard work or they don't have enough brain power to think beyond Strictly Come Dancing or what they are having for dinner. Realising there is more to life than the aforementioned actually scares some people I think. It's almost as if they actually use their brain for anything meaningful they are terrified they'll open up Pandoras box, so they dismiss reality because it is more comfortable to remain ignorant.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum