The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Matt Oldfields 'check'

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Matt Oldfields 'check'

Post by russiandoll on 16.10.13 23:54

@suzyjohnson wrote:I just thought that, because there is so much evidence available, Crimewatch just showed what the police considered to be the most relevant information.

However, although I've never really thought that Matt Oldfield was very involved, if at all, in the disappearance of MM, if you look at it from the new perspective of Scotland Yard, if you discount the Tanner sighting, then GM was not the last person known to have seen Madeleine (at 9.10 pm), Oldfield was (at 9.30 pm)
 Oldfield said he saw the twins but not Maddie, looked in the room but not inside, so Gerry was last person to see M acc to the timeline.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 17.10.13 0:03

@russiandoll wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:I just thought that, because there is so much evidence available, Crimewatch just showed what the police considered to be the most relevant information.

However, although I've never really thought that Matt Oldfield was very involved, if at all, in the disappearance of MM, if you look at it from the new perspective of Scotland Yard, if you discount the Tanner sighting, then GM was not the last person known to have seen Madeleine (at 9.10 pm), Oldfield was (at 9.30 pm)
 Oldfield said he saw the twins but not Maddie, looked in the room but not inside, so Gerry was last person to see M acc to the timeline.
I know that Matt Oldfield said he didn't actually confirm that MM was in the bedroom at 9.30 pm

MO also did not notice the window open at 9.30 pm either.

So, if the window was still closed (all this evidence according to the Tapas statements) then that would mean that MM was still in her bed at 9.30 pm?

In addition SY are now of the opinion that the man seen by the Smith family is connected to the disappearance of MM

(As we have always said) It is very unlikely anyone would wander around PdL for any length of time carrying MM, so it is very unlikely anyone took her from 5A before 9.30 pm

So, from that point of view, Oldfield could potentially be the last person to have seen her?

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 17.10.13 0:20

Could there be a particular reason why Matt said he didn`t see Maddie at 9.30 (and its not just because he didn`t put his head round the door) - that`s if it was 9.30 - I agree with Curioser about why are we believing their timeline.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.10.13 0:32

@russiandoll wrote:

Have a look at the German reconstruction......new thread started.

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 17.10.13 0:34

This is from MO's statement of 10/05/07

'The question asked (concerning the light inside the bedroom), he was sure that, at the time of his first being in the vicinity of Madeleine's bedroom, reported as 21h05 in the course of which he had approached the the window of that bedroom from the outside for the purpose of an auditory check, the blinds were, in his view, fully closed.

Consequently, he is convinced that at the time of the second check (9.30pm) the blinds were more open than on the first check, given that he considers that the light inside the bedroom, undoubtedly coming from the outside, could not have been coming through it [the blinds] if they had been fully closed'.

But, if JT did not, after all, see the abductor at 9.15 pm. then the window, presumably, was not open at 9.15 pm. Jayne returned to the Tapas at 9.20 pm (presumably, there wasn't time for an abductor to climb in or out of the window before she walked back past it?) So, that would leave, perhaps 9 minutes, maximum, before Matt and Russell walked back round to the apartments again.

If the abductor hadn't already been into 5A by 9.30pm, then there wouldn't be more light inside the bedroom, as the shutters would still be down outside. (Matt had not been in the McCann apartment before this though, but he had been in to his own next-door apartment to see his own daughter on the same side of the building)  

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 17.10.13 0:44

I stand to be corrected but I have a memory of newspaper reports at the time stating that MO had last checked and all the children were in situ. Then a day or two later there was a bit of a bombshell when the papers said it had since been revealed that MO hadn't actually looked into the room and so couldn't be sure if MM was there at that check after all. It's just one of those WTF moments that stick in the mind. Of course, that was to be the first of a few hundred more WTF moments, I know!

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 17.10.13 1:14

I seem to remember that too Mirage. I don't think Matt ever said he had seen her at 9.30 pm in his statements though .......

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 17.10.13 8:07

@Curioser wrote:They left the table to look for Madeleine at around 9.20 so anything after that is probably bunk.

Why do you believe anything they say? nah
Exactly. If you've already gone down the fork in the road where you think they're lying, then you believe nothing they tell you. The only dependable things are: 

• Witnesses around Tapas restaurant (guests, waiters etc)
• Witnesses around PdL i.e. the Smiths
• Witnesses near 5A i.e. Mrs. Fenn
• Investigators (from the PJ to the dogs)
• The observed actions of the group since

I might play devil's advocate here and say if I were Redwood I would shift this investigation from the stuff I can't believe (the entire T9 timeline and alleged sightings) to the stuff we can believe for example the Smith's sighting. 

And that appears to be what SY has just done - in front of a very large chunk of the UK TV watching audience. The real effect? A sudden sea-change in the way this case is being talked about in the UK. Comments being allowed, GA on TV...

If you think the McCs are lying, discount ALL claims of checks or to-ings and fro-ings. Mrs Fenn's evidence plus the absence of a child AND the formation of cadaverine suggest there WERE no checks. 

Mental discipline is required. Gerry knows this is hard to do and that if he says 'checks' and 'timelines' enough, even their critics will start discussing them as if they happened. winkwink

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 17.10.13 9:51

It isn't really a case necessarily of believing what they say, but more comparing what they have said with evidence from all other sources. In this case, the SY have moved the probable time of MM's disappearance from 9.15 pm until nearer 10 pm, consequently, anything said by the Tapas group to support a 9.15 pm theory, could now take on a different significance.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 17.10.13 13:04

@windchime wrote:My family watched CW with me on Monday (they had no choice for once!LOL) hubby could not believe what he was hearing from the McCanns in their pre recorded interview re: family occasions and also made a quick remark about how 'attractive' the two actors were compared with K & G along with why did they make K look so 'dreamy' and the 'best Mum in the world' in the re-con when they left these kids alone - in other words he wasn't taken in by it BUT the one thing he did almost shout about, along with my son, who both know nothing really about the 'truth' was when MO left the table.

His first reaction was 'why are they making such a big thing about him stopping Kate from doing the check?' and then both of them pointed and said 'ooh that's not right??!!' when MO and RO walked off together!  (I am sure you can get the gist of what they were insinuating!!)

It was then that I realised they had made a big thing of MO leaving the table at this time and how he went about it and have been thinking about this ever since and why they would do it?

The absence of any referral to the Paynes was also very telling and I am wondering if DP & FP have spoken out (finally) and dropped MO in it?  Perhaps he never the 2nd check and DP knows this?  Something about this check is not right.  Of course IMO

Are you suggesting that the Oldfields may become scapegoats?

Matthew Oldfield and PACT trustee Adrian Oldfield

Met Police e-fit

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret on 17.10.13 13:12

@sharonl wrote:

Met Police e-fit
That e-fit is the spitting image of Adrian Oldfield, even down to the lack of that little canal that goes from your nose to top lip, and the thin lips!  10th tapas??

margaret

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 17.10.13 13:18

@margaret wrote:
@sharonl wrote:

Met Police e-fit
That e-fit is the spitting image of Adrian Oldfield, even down to the lack of that little canal that goes from your nose to top lip, and the thin lips!  10th tapas??
Well, looking at it just as it is, it's as close to a photograph of someone that I've ever seen.....in a minor state of shock here...going to put the kettle on, I need a strong cup of tea.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by windchime on 17.10.13 13:47

@sharonl wrote:
@windchime wrote:My family watched CW with me on Monday (they had no choice for once!LOL) hubby could not believe what he was hearing from the McCanns in their pre recorded interview re: family occasions and also made a quick remark about how 'attractive' the two actors were compared with K & G along with why did they make K look so 'dreamy' and the 'best Mum in the world' in the re-con when they left these kids alone - in other words he wasn't taken in by it BUT the one thing he did almost shout about, along with my son, who both know nothing really about the 'truth' was when MO left the table.

His first reaction was 'why are they making such a big thing about him stopping Kate from doing the check?' and then both of them pointed and said 'ooh that's not right??!!' when MO and RO walked off together!  (I am sure you can get the gist of what they were insinuating!!)

It was then that I realised they had made a big thing of MO leaving the table at this time and how he went about it and have been thinking about this ever since and why they would do it?

The absence of any referral to the Paynes was also very telling and I am wondering if DP & FP have spoken out (finally) and dropped MO in it?  Perhaps he never the 2nd check and DP knows this?  Something about this check is not right.  Of course IMO

Are you suggesting that the Oldfields may become scapegoats?

Met Police e-fit
TBH Sharoni not scapegoats as such, it wasn't until Monday that I had ever really put any 'thought' into MO.  See I was watching the programme from the point of view of correctness, were they all sat in the right place, who said what, who wore what, were we going to be told the pool photo wasn't the last one etc etc that I was not watching it from the perspective that someone who knows very little about the case would watch.  Now both people in the room with me noticed the way they 'lingered' over MOs (refusal) to let KM go do her check and then clearly showed the 2 men walking off together.  It wasn't until I had a couple of stiff drinks and a rather sleepless night I was able to think more clearly and remembered that there was no mention of DW, FP or DP and what the others had noticed about MO.

I just think it very odd that they put this into the recon and then when I read this thread and the post by TB regarding MOs brother I started to wonder.

Scapegoat? maybe but then surely if anyone in the T9 was made a scapegoat there would be real threat that someone else if not them would spill the beans so perhaps SY have been clever.  I wonder whether the other 2 CW shows in Germany and Holland made the same inference?

The e fit is almost too close to be true - almost like a photo made to look like an e fit. 

MO also claims that he did not see MBM when he did his check, now if you had offered to check on someone else's children wouldn't you make sure you saw all 3 were safe, asleep and tucked up in bed???  Why didn't he and how could he go back and tell GM & KM, his friends, that he only saw the twins and  not M but it was quiet??

The more I think about it the more it is odd.  ALL IN MY OPINION!

windchime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 17.10.13 13:51

imo nose of e fit very different to  AO, the tip especially.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by windchime on 17.10.13 13:56

Can someone put the two pictures together? Pleeease roses 

Yes RD you are right re the nose but then to me everything else seems identical?  IMO

windchime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 17.10.13 14:08

Are these two men, Matthew and Adrian related, in any way, anyone know ?
I've just googled Adrian Oldfield. If he is the same one, he lives in Hampshire with wife and three children.
Where were those photos and video camera taken to, re the policeman taking them to the senior policeman, in a sealed bag which he claims he did not look at, to be analysed etc.
The other connection googled, for the pact.org comes up with 'error'.
There is an Adrian Oldfield connection to a 'sports' company in the Cheshire etc. area (Crewe). Whether it's the same or different, this is bizarre.

http://www.pact-online.org/index.php/about-us/the-team
comes up with ‘error’ when googled 17th oct 2013

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 17.10.13 14:11

MO in his rogatory interview tried his damndest to make the window and door make sense... he was well aware of the difficulty of the scenario.

He did not manage to do so and imo this is why the recon is bringing him to the fore.

No matter what is presented re wonderful holiday, buggy/no buggy ... we were not even given accurate weather as a background....

the simple central facts must remain.

the sticker book timelines
  the statements
 the  rogatories
 the checks

and the bedroom door. 
imo

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid on 17.10.13 14:24

@windchime wrote:Can someone put the two pictures together? Pleeease roses 

Yes RD you are right re the nose but then to me everything else seems identical?  IMO

deleted

Nereid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 17.10.13 14:42

As it has already been stated, Matthew Oldfield and Adrian J Oldfield aren't brothers, and I too, have done a check and, to-date, I cannot find any immediate connection.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid on 17.10.13 14:52

@sallypelt wrote:As it has already been stated, Matthew Oldfield and Adrian J Oldfield aren't brothers, and I too, have done a check and, to-date, I cannot find any immediate connection.
In that case: Mods, can you please delete the photos (including the one I just posted) of Adrian Oldfield from this thread.

Nereid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 17.10.13 14:55

Would be interesting if SY are emphasising the MO 'check' to get people asking questions about him, to get him to crack. Picking off the Tapasniks pair by pair would make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the Oldfields weren't actually in on any cover-up and were useful patsies.

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 17.10.13 14:56

@Nereid wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:As it has already been stated, Matthew Oldfield and Adrian J Oldfield aren't brothers, and I too, have done a check and, to-date, I cannot find any immediate connection.
In that case: Mods, can you please delete the photos (including the one I just posted) of Adrian Oldfield from this thread.
Nereid, I have found out personal information about Adrian Oldfield and it would be wrong of me to post it on the forum. That's why my post was rather short and to the point. They may well be related, but from my research, there doesn't appear to be an immediate connection. The mothers maiden names are different, and I know the names of both the Oldfield's parents.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid on 17.10.13 14:59

@sallypelt wrote:
@Nereid wrote:
Nereid, I have found out personal information about Adrian Oldfield and it would be wrong of me to post it on the forum. That's why my post was rather short and to the point. They may well be related, but from my research, there doesn't appear to be an immediate connection. The mothers maiden names are different, and I know the names of both the Oldfield's parents.
Sallypelt,  I think you're quite right. If we're not certain he is in any way related, we shouldn't speculate. Not fair on a person who's got nothing to do with it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Nereid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 17.10.13 15:00

Another little reminder of M Oldfield's statements:

Kingston Hospital [confirmed] that its consultant Dr Matthew Oldfield is a key witness in the investigation into disappearance in Portugal of Madeleine McCann.

Reports in the national press said that Dr Matthew Oldfield, a consultant endocrinologist, and his wife, Rachael, a recruitment consultant, were dining with the McCanns at the resort in Praia da Luz on May 3, the night Madeleine went missing.

Reports say Dr Oldfield was the last to check on Madeleine before her mother discovered her to be missing at 10pm.

In his statement to police, which was not officially released but was leaked to newspapers, he allegedly admitted only listening at the door or just popping his head round, sparking speculation she may have gone missing before 9.30pm.

Dr Oldfield worked with Gerry McCann at a Leicester Hospital before moving to London.

National press reports said he was one of three witnesses brought forward by Portuguese police to a meeting with Robert Murat, over discrepancies in witness accounts. He told them he had seen Mr Murat near the apartment but Mr Murat said he was in all night.

Colin Todd, medical director at Kingston Hospital NHS Trust, said: "We can confirm that Dr Matthew Oldfield is a consultant at the trust and has been in employment here since 2004.

"This is a private matter for Dr Oldfield and the trust will not be making any further comments on this matter."

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/local/kingstonnews/1689008.kingston_doctor_is_maddy_witness/

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioned on 17.10.13 15:34

Can i just say i started this thread just to throw up more anomalies in the statements and SY/crimewatch reconstruction.
Like most here i dont believe a word of it and the crimewatch programme had just confirmed to me that all the tapas lot including Ma Webster are liars.
I am not certain that 'Smithman' is 'gerryman' but i think we can show that gerry had the opportunity to be in Smithstreet at the right time.

Lioned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum