The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gonçalo Amaral interview on ITV - Page 3 Mm11

Gonçalo Amaral interview on ITV - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gonçalo Amaral interview on ITV - Page 3 Mm11

Gonçalo Amaral interview on ITV - Page 3 Regist10

Gonçalo Amaral interview on ITV

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gonçalo Amaral interview on ITV - Page 3 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral interview on ITV

Post by MoonGoddess 15.10.13 23:25

Cerinthe wrote:Look at the headline on the ITV website:

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-10-15/portuguese-cop-met-has-finally-caught-up-on-mccann/

Portuguese cop: Met has finally caught up on McCann
Last updated Tue 15 Oct 2013

The man in charge of the Portuguese police investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance has said that Scotland Yard is at the same stage he was at in 2007.

Gonçalo Amaral, who was removed from the case after accusing the McCanns of involvement in their daughter;s disappearance, told ITV News that the latest e-fits are promising.

"Every one of us on the investigation at the time found that lead important – as we see now that it is," he said.
titter

Activity : 284

Back to top Go down

Gonçalo Amaral interview on ITV - Page 3 Empty Re: Gonçalo Amaral interview on ITV

Post by sofa 15.10.13 23:28

I am quite sure the couple didn't like this at all.
sofa

Activity : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.10.13 23:29

Just a reminder of what Goncalo wrote in the Truth of the Lie re Smith sighting..............

Chapter 20

AN IRISH FAMILY IN A STATE OF SHOCK.

The McCann couple return to Great Britain after more than four months spent in the Algarve. It's an almost triumphant return. The media coverage is such that you'd think you were witnessing the liberation of hostages held for years in a far-off country. Gerald McCann is shown on television carrying his son, as he descends from the plane. The child's head is against Gerald's left shoulder and his arms dangling by his sides. Gerald walks across the tarmac, still holding his son closely against himself.

In Ireland, the Smiths are watching the BBC news, which is broadcasting the event. For them, it's a shock: that person, they recognise him. That way of carrying his child, that way of walking...It's the man they saw at around 10pm on May 3rd, with a little girl, who seemed to be deeply asleep, in his arms.

This image, brings back with a jolt, that of the man they encountered in the streets of Vila da Luz, on the evening of Madeleine's disappearance. It's as if the scene is repeating itself ....Mr Smith thinking he's hallucinating, sees the same report on other channels, ITV and Sky News. From that moment, he is sure: the man they came across that night was Gerald McCann. Of that there is very little doubt. Upset by the implications of this discovery, he alerts the police and waits to be called back by those in charge of the investigation.

When we receive this information, at the end of September, we think we finally have the piece that will allow us to complete the puzzle. Because of this, we may be able to reconstruct the course of events on that cold night of May 3rd in Vila da Luz. We have a better understanding of why Jane Tanner, "sent," the alleged abductor in the opposite direction to that taken by the man seen by the Smith family. Suspicion had to be diverted from Gerald who - if he was the guilty party - would have taken this route: leaving apartment 5A, the individual who was carrying the child, did not go east, towards Murat's house, but west in the direction of the beach.

We decide to get the Smiths back to the Algarve, for a formal identification of Gerry McCann - by means of televised images, certainly - direct confrontation being impossible - and possibly proceed to a reconstruction of the events of the night of May 3rd. The National Director of the Judiciary police agrees, the process is set in motion, all the details are sorted out; all that remains is to choose the hotel where they will be put up. But the Smiths were never to come back to Portugal. After my departure, the PJ were to change their minds. They asked the Irish police to proceed with interviewing the witness. That decision was to seriously delay the process since the Smiths were not interviewed until several months later. Meanwhile, rumours were to circulate and people not involved with the investigation would be made aware of the existence of this witness; someone allegedly even sought out contact with the family, without its being known to what end.

Bit in bold...........and then he got taken off the case sad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 15.10.13 23:29

ooooooooo deary me - this won`t be helping the McCanns with their libel claim.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.10.13 23:31

Thanks to Montclair for alerting us to this roses
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sofa 15.10.13 23:32

Until this morning I thought whitewash, now Gonzalo talks about the case on British television. Kate looked terrified yesterday, the Smithman well may be may be something is happening
sofa

Activity : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 15.10.13 23:33

Woofer wrote:
ChippyM wrote:There is a proven link to leaving your children alone and them going missing, no proven links to smoking and being a bad detective....
lol! 

The opposite in fact - a bit of nicotine sharpens the mind !
I hope that more of the world will see what this sharp mind was thinking very soon wave 
 ( apologies for over enthusiastic uses of smileys, i'm new! )
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.10.13 23:36

ChippyM wrote:
Woofer wrote:
ChippyM wrote:There is a proven link to leaving your children alone and them going missing, no proven links to smoking and being a bad detective....
lol! 

The opposite in fact - a bit of nicotine sharpens the mind !
I hope that more of the world will see what this sharp mind was thinking very soon wave 
 ( apologies for over enthusiastic uses of smileys, i'm new! )
smileys are good!
exalt exalt exalt exalt
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheshire Cat 15.10.13 23:38

sofa wrote:Until this morning I thought whitewash, now Gonzalo talks about the case on British television. Kate looked terrified yesterday, the Smithman well may be may be something is happening
GONCALO
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 821

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereid 15.10.13 23:40

candyfloss wrote:Just a reminder of what Goncalo wrote in the Truth of the Lie re Smith sighting..............

Chapter 20

AN IRISH FAMILY IN A STATE OF SHOCK.

The McCann couple return to Great Britain after more than four months spent in the Algarve. It's an almost triumphant return. The media coverage is such that you'd think you were witnessing the liberation of hostages held for years in a far-off country. Gerald McCann is shown on television carrying his son, as he descends from the plane. The child's head is against Gerald's left shoulder and his arms dangling by his sides. Gerald walks across the tarmac, still holding his son closely against himself.

In Ireland, the Smiths are watching the BBC news, which is broadcasting the event. For them, it's a shock: that person, they recognise him. That way of carrying his child, that way of walking...It's the man they saw at around 10pm on May 3rd, with a little girl, who seemed to be deeply asleep, in his arms.

This image, brings back with a jolt, that of the man they encountered in the streets of Vila da Luz, on the evening of Madeleine's disappearance. It's as if the scene is repeating itself ....Mr Smith thinking he's hallucinating, sees the same report on other channels, ITV and Sky News. From that moment, he is sure: the man they came across that night was Gerald McCann. Of that there is very little doubt. Upset by the implications of this discovery, he alerts the police and waits to be called back by those in charge of the investigation.

When we receive this information, at the end of September, we think we finally have the piece that will allow us to complete the puzzle. Because of this, we may be able to reconstruct the course of events on that cold night of May 3rd in Vila da Luz. We have a better understanding of why Jane Tanner, "sent," the alleged abductor in the opposite direction to that taken by the man seen by the Smith family. Suspicion had to be diverted from Gerald who - if he was the guilty party - would have taken this route: leaving apartment 5A, the individual who was carrying the child, did not go east, towards Murat's house, but west in the direction of the beach.

We decide to get the Smiths back to the Algarve, for a formal identification of Gerry McCann - by means of televised images, certainly - direct confrontation being impossible - and possibly proceed to a reconstruction of the events of the night of May 3rd. The National Director of the Judiciary police agrees, the process is set in motion, all the details are sorted out; all that remains is to choose the hotel where they will be put up. But the Smiths were never to come back to Portugal. After my departure, the PJ were to change their minds. They asked the Irish police to proceed with interviewing the witness. That decision was to seriously delay the process since the Smiths were not interviewed until several months later. Meanwhile, rumours were to circulate and people not involved with the investigation would be made aware of the existence of this witness; someone allegedly even sought out contact with the family, without its being known to what end.

Bit in bold...........and then he got taken off the case sad
Well spotted. He got too close to the truth by the looks of it!
Nereid

Activity : 327

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashwarya 15.10.13 23:40

I am sad to see the poor man looking so thin and tired - let's hope the mystery is cleared up in double quick time now and the right people made to suffer for a change.

As for the smoking, who can criticise him for that?  The Portuguese are nowhere near as precious and judgemental about this as the chattering classes in the UK.  Anyway, as someone else has pointed out, this in no way detracts from his undoubted ability to do his job (when he is allowed to).

Forca Goncalo - may you be vindicated at last.  God bless you.
Ashwarya
Ashwarya

Activity : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM 15.10.13 23:44

"We decide to get the Smiths back to the Algarve, for a formal identification of Gerry McCann - by means of televised images, certainly - direct confrontation being impossible - and possibly proceed to a reconstruction of the events of the night of May 3rd"

That should silence all those saying 'why didn't the Portuguese police take it seriously'.
ChippyM

Activity : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 15.10.13 23:46

I feel so much better after seeing that interview with Goncalo, phew!  It feels like the first voice of reason in days.  

The McCanns have avoided the Smith sighting like the plague, in fact it scared them so much when Goncalo Amaral started to investigate it, that they had him removed from the case. They have NEVER used this sighting in any of their campaigns and fund raisers, yet in 6.5 years it is the best lead they have ever had.  A family group, consisting of at least 3 adults saw the man with a child at much closer proximity than the man seen by Tanner and gave a far more detailed description - as we have seen by these 'new' e-fits. Something about this sighting unnerves the McCanns.  I'm starting to think they are not home and dry.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage 15.10.13 23:52

Ashwarya wrote:I am sad to see the poor man looking so thin and tired - let's hope the mystery is cleared up in double quick time now and the right people made to suffer for a change.

As for the smoking, who can criticise him for that?  The Portuguese are nowhere near as precious and judgemental about this as the chattering classes in the UK.  Anyway, as someone else has pointed out, this in no way detracts from his undoubted ability to do his job (when he is allowed to).

Forca Goncalo - may you be vindicated at last.  God bless you.
Hi Ashwarya. I thought Goncalo looked very tired. And no wonder when you think of the terrible suffering he has endured. He is a very rare human being, never wavering from the right course, waiting patiently, silently, for the truth to emerge. God bless you Goncalo.
Mirage

Activity : 2711

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 15.10.13 23:53

I'm also starting to think they are not home and dry!  A very good way of putting it.  Really thankful that GA has been interviewed.  Let's hope and pray that ITV may continue, and bring more material forward.

If they can and do, it will certainly be in serious contrast to CW / BBC so far.  And Sky News.  It was a huge relief to see GA and hear him.  Bless him; a very courageous man and an honest one.  Thankyou GA.
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 15.10.13 23:55

Cristobell wrote:The McCanns have avoided the Smith sighting like the plague ....
Yes. Says it all. Very telling. IMO.
nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin 15.10.13 23:55

Cristobell wrote:I feel so much better after seeing that interview with Goncalo, phew!  It feels like the first voice of reason in days.  

The McCanns have avoided the Smith sighting like the plague, in fact it scared them so much when Goncalo Amaral started to investigate it, that they had him removed from the case. They have NEVER used this sighting in any of their campaigns and fund raisers, yet in 6.5 years it is the best lead they have ever had.  A family group, consisting of at least 3 adults saw the man with a child at much closer proximity than the man seen by Tanner and gave a far more detailed description - as we have seen by these 'new' e-fits. Something about this sighting unnerves the McCanns.  I'm starting to think they are not home and dry.
Your wording is clarity.
Suddenly things are starting to fall into place. Thank you Cristobell.
I'm off to my bed now, am 1 hour ahead of UK, but I shall sleep well now that Gonçalo has had the first ever moment to take his honour back. I now understand the McCs fear of this man. He got too close. He was removed but karma calls, he is back in the driving seat again. roses 
bobbin

Activity : 2240

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 15.10.13 23:58

QUOTE  "If they can and do, it will certainly be in serious contrast to CW / BBC so far.  And Sky News.  It was a huge relief to see GA and hear him.  Bless him; a very courageous man and an honest one.  Thankyou GA  "

Did you not see the 30 minute Sky special tonight? there is a thread on it and some of it was very interesting.

basically debunked a planned abduction.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.10.13 23:58

bobbin wrote:
Cristobell wrote:I feel so much better after seeing that interview with Goncalo, phew!  It feels like the first voice of reason in days.  

Your wording is clarity.
Suddenly things are starting to fall into place. Thank you Cristobell.
I'm off to my bed now, am 1 hour ahead of UK, but I shall sleep well now that Gonçalo has had the first ever moment to take his honour back. I now understand the McCs fear of this man. He got too close. He was removed but karma calls, he is back in the driving seat again. roses 
Well said, both of you clapping 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie1 16.10.13 0:02

I hope people have watched this and realise that all Goncalo Amaral wanted was to get to the truth and are now asking themselves why KM would want him shut up for good.
Ollie1

Activity : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither 16.10.13 0:15

Ollie1 wrote:I hope people have watched this and realise that all Goncalo Amaral wanted was to get to the truth and are now asking themselves why KM would want him shut up for good.
I am starting to cautiously believe that the truth will come out.

This interview with Dr Amaral on a prime British TV channel is a major leap in my opinion, especially just following the Crimewatch programme.

Fingers crossed.
nobodythereeither

Activity : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 16.10.13 0:15

Russiandoll - thankyou; no, I didn't see the Sky evening news.  That sounds promising, except that earlier today Mark Williams-Thomas (Sky this morning) did debunk planned abduction in favour of something unplanned, but I understood from other posts here after mine earlier that actually he has taken that stand before, it is not new, and not taken to be promising.  I wonder if there was something else in the evening?  titter
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 16.10.13 0:33

unless I missed anything, MWT did not suggest an opportunistic child-snatch, he simply said  an abductor would have struck immediately after a check and also used a vehicle upon exit, not walk around blocks in an area of bars and restaurants.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16.10.13 0:37

russiandoll wrote:unless I missed anything, MWT did not suggest an opportunistic child-snatch, he simply said  an abductor would have struck immediately after a check and also used a vehicle upon exit, not walk around blocks in an area of bars and restaurants.
Yes he did RD, in fact he said some quite sensible things today big grin   The bit about the photo-fits, there being too many for people to take in and they should have just released the one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher 16.10.13 0:46

I may well have missed something as it was a busy morning; more than pleased if he has an open take!
Searcher

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top