The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Where was Gerry 9,30 - 10.00pm?

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Where was Gerry 9,30 - 10.00pm?

Post by ultimaThule on 16.10.13 7:04

@stumpyhorlicks wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:Now that a revised and much shortened timeline has been established, what will become of these pesky indpendent witness statements which were made by those who had no axe to grind?   

It seems unlikely the pink one will be able to spin them out of existence big grin
Also dining at the next table to the Mccanns, were Stephen Carpenter and family, according to their statement they left the tapas 9:15/30 and walked by the back of 5A whereupon S.Carpenters wife says she heard someone calling 'Madeleine, Madeleine'...One wonders why these statements are seemingly  being ignored...and of course the dogs! new
welcome (again!)  I meant to add to my previous welcome that I don't believe any of the independent witness statements are being ignored and I have no doubt they'll be brought forward at the appropriate time.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 16.10.13 7:30

@ultimaThule wrote:
@stumpyhorlicks wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:Now that a revised and much shortened timeline has been established, what will become of these pesky indpendent witness statements which were made by those who had no axe to grind?   

It seems unlikely the pink one will be able to spin them out of existence big grin
Also dining at the next table to the Mccanns, were Stephen Carpenter and family, according to their statement they left the tapas 9:15/30 and walked by the back of 5A whereupon S.Carpenters wife says she heard someone calling 'Madeleine, Madeleine'...One wonders why these statements are seemingly  being ignored...and of course the dogs! new
welcome (again!)  I meant to add to my previous welcome that I don't believe any of the independent witness statements are being ignored and I have no doubt they'll be brought forward at the appropriate time.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I don't see how any witness statements can be ignored.   The police do not take statements for fun, statements are taken to be used in evidence and to help investigations. 

If the "snatcher" is found and this gets to court the Tapas group will have to take the stand and be cross examined and the statements they gave at the time will be used re. the questioning?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 16.10.13 7:48

@plebgate wrote:
I don't see how any witness statements can be ignored.   The police do not take statements for fun, statements are taken to be used in evidence and to help investigations. 

If the "snatcher" is found and this gets to court the Tapas group will have to take the stand and be cross examined and the statements they gave at the time will be used re. the questioning
If this gets to court the big question will be which members of the Tapas group will be defendants and which members will be giving evidence for the prosecution. yes 

Having taken a look at their statements,I've formed the opinion that if the group are faced with the prospect of possible jail time and all that will ensue from a conviction in the Criminal Courts, there'll be a stampede to take the stand for the prosecution.

Even though few of the independent witnesses may be call to give evidence, no statement contained in the PJ files can be said to have go to waste as every single one has played it's part in this case.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex on 16.10.13 7:50

The heading of this thread is the Million dollar question, isn't it?

I have been reading through a few statements. I think I saw this statement earlier this week somewhere, but good to maybe have it posted here again.

-------  STARIKOVA VITORINO (Russian citizen, with the telephone No "96635 ####) - kitchen assistant:
- Said that, yesterday, one individual, purportedly the father of the missing, left the dinner table where a group of friends (in number 8 or 9), for about 30 minutes. After having returned, a woman whom she believed to be his wife, also left the table, there having passed a few moments, all the guests left the table in question, except one elderly lady, who told her [Svetlana's] colleagues that that child had disappeared.
- During the time that she was working yesterday (between 14:30 and 23:00) she did not see any individual with blonde "rastas".

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm

sweetex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetex on 16.10.13 7:52

And another one claiming #GM to leave the table for about 30 minutes?

JOAQUIM JOSE MOREIRA BATISTA (residing at Rua Ilha Terceira, no. 15, Lagos, Telephone No 91 277 ####) - table employee [waiter].
- Of the group of 8/9 British citizens who dined at the restaurant last night, as usual, of which the parents of missing were part (he didn't know them) he noticed that two individuals left the table, of the male gender.
- The first to leave was about 40/45 years old (tall, skinny, white complexion, with large [a full head of] hair of color gray) and the period of his absence was about 15 minutes, being that they had to [re-]heat his food, which had cooled;
- The second to leave (about 40/45 years of age, having the physical characteristics of the first, but having less bulky hair) did so for about 30 minutes, and that shortly after he returned, all left the table, except for an elderly person, who told him that a child had disappeared, the daughter of a member of the group, due to which he thought that the second person to leave could have been the father of the child;
- Of the times in which this group had dined in that bar it is [was] often 
[for] someone from the group to go to check at the apartments the state of the children (their offspring) who were sleeping there.
- He did not see any person with blonde "rastas", while he was working (16h00 and 00.00). ----------

sweetex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 16.10.13 8:15

@sweetex wrote:The heading of this thread is the Million dollar question, isn't it?

I have been reading through a few statements. I think I saw this statement earlier this week somewhere, but good to maybe have it posted here again.

SVETLANA
-------  STARIKOVA VITORINO (Russian citizen, with the telephone No "96635 ####) - kitchen assistant:
- Said that, yesterday, one individual, purportedly the father of the missing, left the dinner table where a group of friends (in number 8 or 9), for about 30 minutes. After having returned, a woman whom she believed to be his wife, also left the table, there having passed a few moments, all the guests left the table in question, except one elderly lady, who told her [Svetlana's] colleagues that that child had disappeared.
- During the time that she was working yesterday (between 14:30 and 23:00) she did not see any individual with blonde "rastas".

might this couple have been Tanner and ROB, who did a childcare swap after one had been absent from tapas table for quite some time? As ever...will check the files !

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 16.10.13 8:18

@russiandoll wrote:
@sweetex wrote:The heading of this thread is the Million dollar question, isn't it?

SVETLANA

might this couple have been Tanner and ROB, who did a childcare swap after one had been absent from tapas table for quite some time? As ever...will check the files !
I shouldn't think so as he said.. after a few moments they all left apart from one elderly lady

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lioned on 16.10.13 12:35

OP.

'Where was gerry between 9.30 and 10.00pm  ?

According to Matt Oldfields 'rog' statement and SY timeline gerry was away from the table doing a 'check'.

Lioned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 16.10.13 16:00

Thanks all for finding more statements - I didn`t have time yesterday.

BTW Didn`t Mike Sperrey live only about 35 miles away from the McCanns in Warwick? 

Mods - If we`re not allowed to mention his name, please delete.  I seem to remember there was a restriction on mentioning his name, or was this because his statement hasn`t been released by the PJ?

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 16.10.13 16:09

statement that tapas table was clear at 9.40 pm.    http://t.co/YnEqsmXqVo

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 16.10.13 16:11

@Lioned wrote:OP.

'Where was gerry between 9.30 and 10.00pm  ?

According to Matt Oldfields 'rog' statement and SY timeline gerry was away from the table doing a 'check'.
The smiths saw a man at 10pm.
We mustn't forget Mrs Fenn saw Gerry after 10.30 pm when she first heard their noise outside. We should go by her time, she knew it was after 10.30 because the news had finished. Now what time did the mobile calls get deleted? When Kate and Gerry were calling each other?

I don't care what time, the tapas friends say , because they weren't watching the news to know!

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 16.10.13 16:15

@russiandoll wrote:statement that tapas table was clear at 9.40 pm.    http://t.co/YnEqsmXqVo
was,nt there someone else who heard someone calling Madeleine about 9-30

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 16.10.13 16:28

@tiny wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:statement that tapas table was clear at 9.40 pm.    http://t.co/YnEqsmXqVo
Yes, Mrs. Carpenter - when the were on their way home.  Its in Mr. Carpenter`s statement.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 16.10.13 16:33

@Woofer wrote:
@tiny wrote:
Yes, Mrs. Carpenter - when the were on their way home.  Its in Mr. Carpenter`s statement.
thanks woofer,going for a read

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice on 16.10.13 16:47

If the table was cleared earlier than 10pm which seems to be the case from several independent witnesses, perhaps GM was away 'searching' for 10 mins or so before 10pm.

Truthandjustice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 16.10.13 17:04

Moved to Matt Oldfield' check thread

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 16.10.13 17:06

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Mike Sperrey and his wife were dining that night from 8pm but the PJ have never released their witness statements.  Wonder why?
Who is Mike Sperrey? Can he/his wife be found on mccannfiles?
A little more info on Mike & Clare Sperrey.

MICHAEL SPERREY
CLARE SPERREY

------ In the main reception (open 24h) of the Ocean Club, the signatory [undersigned] was able to observe a person with long hair, curly, blonde in colour, with camouflage shorts and green sweat-shirt, which fit the description of the suspect of the "Rastas", it being that I questioned the receptionist about him, who said that this individual and his wife are guests in the hotel and he has been tireless, since yesterday, in search of the missing girl. Attached are photocopies of their passports as well as the hotel registration form. ----------

[The very last paragraph of my translation of pages 121-125 in /PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm states that they are passport copies of the person identified as the man with 'Rasta' hairstyle, camouflage shorts and green sweat-shirt (taken to be the person seen by Jez Wilkins per his witness statement), and his wife. They were resort guests. I have no reference to a formal witness statement from them on file, merely the above identification to eliminate them from the inquiry.]

Signature of official: Duarte F**** - Inspector

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS-EMPLOYEES.htm#sperrey

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande Finale on 16.10.13 17:54

KM and JT thought he had been gone a long time as in this thread and video

It sounds to me a sthough we are speaking much longer than the 5 minute check

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3677-jane-tanner-and-the-football-comment

Grande Finale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 16.10.13 18:31

@Grande Finale wrote:KM and JT thought he had been gone a long time as in this thread and video

It sounds to me a sthough we are speaking much longer than the 5 minute check

Yep. I remember that.

Kate was wondering where Gerry had got to because he was taking a long time.
She thought he might have been watching football.

Attention ALL NEW MEMBERS, you really must watch this clip.

It came up before somewhere else too, I think from Kate's own words (but not sure.)

Anyone else recall this?
  ETA: SILLY ME!   There's a whole thread on it! Duh.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 16.10.13 18:33

Apparently Kate even wrote about Gerry taking a long time in HER BOOK.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 16.10.13 18:35

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Bumping this old topic up as the football match query has resurfaced.

See http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8014-may-07-a-football-fest
Yep. Was about to do the same.

Gerry, it seems, was gone for LONG ENOUGH for Kate to wonder where he'd got to and whether he might be watching the football.

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 16.10.13 18:37

@dragonfly wrote:After 20.30, the witness and his wife, after looking at the children, went to the Tapas Bar, about 50 metres away, where they had dinner. As usual, every half hour and as the restaurant was near, the witness or his wife, would check whether the children were all right. In this way, at about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked, went to his children's bedroom and checked that the twins were fine, as was Madeleine. "He then went to the WC" where he remained for a few moments, left, and bumped into a person he had played tennis with and who had a child's push chair, he was also British, he had a short conversation with him, "returning after that to the restaurant."

How on earth has Gerry Managed to go to tapas bar leave Kate and be gone a long time watching football which caused Kate to Moan 'Words from Jane Tanners mouth'  during this small time frame? If Gerry was watching football else where ? Who was he watching football with? Why he leave the group ?
Neil Berry, in his rog interview, mentions that he and Raj Balu watched football in a local bar on two different nights that week.

I wonder where, and what days...?

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 16.10.13 18:41

Admin:  would it be possible to merge the posts from that thread in the discussion forum with this thread as I think it's now very pertinent to latest news?

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.10.13 18:43

@Lance De Boils wrote:Admin:  would it be possible to merge the posts from that thread in the discussion forum with this thread as I think it's now very pertinent to latest news?
Do you mean this one Lance?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance De Boils on 16.10.13 18:53

candyfloss wrote:
@Lance De Boils wrote:Admin:  would it be possible to merge the posts from that thread in the discussion forum with this thread as I think it's now very pertinent to latest news?
Do you mean this one Lance?

Yep.thumbup

Lance De Boils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum