The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Don't forget the libel trial in Portugal

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Don't forget the libel trial in Portugal

Post by Praiaaa on 28.10.13 12:33

Fireworks! big grin 

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 28.10.13 12:36

@aquila wrote:
@Praiaaa wrote:When does the libel trial recommence? I can imagine there will be a lot more interest in it in the UK now....
5th November I believe.
Kate McCann is doing a BBC Radio 4 broadcast on 4th November to support Missing People charity.
This is the script.
"Eermm, umm,  (Am I on now, ha ha, oh sorry,)
[assume glum face]
yer' no when someone goes missing it is really important to, errm,  withhold any evidence you may have.
If someone, yer 'no has seen something, it is reeely important that you don't tell the Police.
What you must do is set up a Fund, but not a Charity, just a fund.  That way you can use the munnny yer'self"

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 28.10.13 12:41

@PeterMac wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Praiaaa wrote:When does the libel trial recommence? I can imagine there will be a lot more interest in it in the UK now....
5th November I believe.
Kate McCann is doing a BBC Radio 4 broadcast on 4th November to support Missing People charity.
This is the script.
[assume glum face]
yer' no when someone goes missing it is really important to, errm,  withhold any evidence you may have.
If someone, yer 'no has seen something, it is reeely important that you don't tell the Police.
What you must do is set up a Fund, but not a Charity, just a fund.  That way you can use the munnny yer'self"
Here is the link PeterMac

It may well be just a pre recorded thing. If you scroll down the link (get past the photo of Kate outside the BBC and her presence in the recording studio) there is an audio link.

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missing-people/donate/radio-4-appeal

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 28.10.13 13:32

@PeterMac wrote:
@aquila wrote:
5th November I believe.
This is the script.
[assume glum face]
big grin  big grin  yeah you errr certainly can er u know you can errrr certainly make remortgage payments, until the errrrr um oh papers get hold of the story at least.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 28.10.13 15:16

I have no doubt there will be a lot more interest and a lot less xenophoic reporting by the UK's press.

With SY's investigation making good progress and the PJ's investigation being re-opened without K&G having expended so much as the cost of a stamp, it's to be hoped the delighted couple's joy will be shared with their adoring pubic by means of shots of them happily smiling as they arrive at the court in Lisbon on 5th November. sarcastic

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Interesting article from Joana Morais........

Post by Swannie on 29.10.13 21:41

McCanns could face court over report

by Gerard Couzens

THE parents of Madeleine McCann faced further pressure yesterday after ex-police chief Goncalo Amaral hinted he may fight them in court over a key report they allegedly held back.

Gerry and Kate McCann were accused at the weekend of sidelining the 2008 report by former MI5 investigators they hired after it pinpointed ‘anomalies’ in statements they and their friends made.

The result was that e-fits of the prime suspect in Madeleine McCann’s abduction – hidden for five years in the unpublished report – were only made public this month during a new Met Police appeal.

The report said Irish holidaymaker Martin Smith’s sighting of a man carrying a girl in pyjamas near the McCann’s Algarve holiday apartment was ‘credible evidence’ which had been ‘neglected for too long.’

Mr Amaral’s lawyer said last night he was considering raising the issue in the couple’s ongoing libel trial against the former police.

The McCanns are seeking one million pounds in damages over the ex-detective’s claims in his July 2008 book The Truth of the Lie that they faked their daughter’s abduction to cover up her death in their holiday flat.

Vitor Santos de Oliveira, who is representing Mr Amaral, said: ‘We are aware of the revelations concerning this report by the McCanns’ former investigators and believe they are very important.

‘It is possible I may try to submit it as evidence to defend my client but I haven’t decided yet.

‘Nothing’s been ruled out. We are analysing the relevance of the report and considering our position. We have no intention of introducing irrelevant material into this case because we respect the McCanns as people and have no intention of harming them for sake of it,’ he said.

‘But I can tell you that if we feel something is relevant in disproving the McCanns’ claims about my client then we will have no hesitation in using it.

‘I think the revelations about the suppression of this report are very important with regards to the ongoing criminal case.

‘It’s a report written by McCann-hired investigators who make strong criticisms of the couple.

‘As far as the civil libel case is going we are very calm,’ Mr de Oliveira continued.

‘My client’s arguments in his book have been backed up in court by his former police colleagues who say it was the police position in 2008 when the book was published.’

The ongoing libel case launched by the McCanns against Mr Amaral is due to restart next Tuesday.

in Irish Daily Mail, 29 out 2013, paper edition

Swannie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Portugal Police will sat that they are correct

Post by vyepar on 29.10.13 23:23

This may now come out, as the Portugese Police had them as suspects from the outset

I believe that Poor Maddie was put in the Waste Bin that was nearby, as the rubbish collection was due, and would be known By Gerry and Kate McCann.

Kate shouts out that they have taken her, so people would not search for Maddie, but someone with her.

The so called " Tapas 9" had too much to lose, so they are keeping quiet.

It is too late to serch the Rubbish Dump, now but at the time , it would have been, so the poor soull could be put to rest

vyepar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 04.11.13 13:12

Can we all please concentrate on the next round in the libel trial?

So far the monumental spin spin spin  unleashed in the last two months has taken it off the radar completely.  

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE spin IS SUPPOSED TO DO. IF WE ARE FOREVER REACTING TO RUBBISH WE ARE ONLY DANCING TO TM'S TUNE.

The libel trial is where we're NOT supposed to look.

The suspicious creatures from central casting are there to distract, disrupt and immobilise forums such as this.

The publicity has succeeded in brainwashing people by giving them the ''puzzle of the night of the 3rd"  - it's beginning to look like a special competition from the Daily Mail. splat

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 04.11.13 13:16

Will there be any way to follow the hearing online?

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.11.13 14:08

@tigger wrote:Can we all please concentrate on the next round in the libel trial?

So far the monumental spin spin spin  unleashed in the last two months has taken it off the radar completely.  

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE spin IS SUPPOSED TO DO. IF WE ARE FOREVER REACTING TO RUBBISH WE ARE ONLY DANCING TO TM'S TUNE.

The libel trial is where we're NOT supposed to look.

The suspicious creatures from central casting are there to distract, disrupt and immobilise forums such as this.

The publicity has succeeded in brainwashing people by giving them the ''puzzle of the night of the 3rd"  - it's beginning to look like a special competition from the Daily Mail. splat
Hi tigger, do you have any information as to what the order is for the trial this week. Regarding witnesses etc.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 04.11.13 15:13

This report should help Amaral:

I think there are a few threads where I could post this and this is not necessarily one of them. But I have decided to post it here to give us hope. 

Google translation

Hypothesis murder is investigated by the authorities.
Follow research with CM

• October 29, 1:00 a.m.
  • Number of votes (0)
  • Comments (19)
By: Ana Isabel Fonseca / Tania Laranjo

The Judiciary has made efforts to try to find the body of Maddie, after the reopening of the case. The hypothesis of the British girl was murdered is one of the lines of inquiry to be followed by inspectors. The thesis of murder is part of a framework of kidnapping for reasons related to pedophilia.
The CM knows that the Judiciary has undertaken several steps in recent days to try to discover the body of Maddie, who disappeared on the night of May 3, 2007 in his room at the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz, Lagos.
Inspectors affections to the case have indeed presented evidence supporting this hypothesis the public prosecutor, who decided on last Thursday to reopen the investigation.
Soon after the disappearance of Madeleine, PJ took steps to try to find the corpse, but that proved fruitless.Inspectors received at the time several false leads about the possible location of the body of the girl, who at the time the crime was three years.
The Judicial Police also heard several witnesses and returned to the village of Praia da Luz Ali, inspectors seized to check the location of mobile telephone masts.
VOTED MOST COMMENTS
" Of course, also look at the moon and Mars q.é is where the poor child is! oh and by the way on the beach and in the sea village of Luz, there should still be the corpse forgotten by Parents! do not forget to meet the orders of steaks "

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 04.11.13 16:07

Any one spotted the mccanns in Portugal yet,i hope they turn up after all Gerry is so desperate to be heard that he has twice to try and get in.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle on 04.11.13 17:17

@tiny wrote:Any one spotted the mccanns in Portugal yet,i hope they turn up after all Gerry is so desperate to be heard that he has twice to try and get in.

This will put Gerry's lying skills to a real test.

Estelle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice on 04.11.13 17:42

I hope the Mcs do take the stand in Portugal,  questions from the judge will not be vetted in advance by the Mc PR machine so they will have to answer on the spot, together with any clarifications asked by the defence.  I am sure Amaral will be very happy about taking the stand, the advantage of telling the truth is that one doesn't have anything to fear forgetting what has been said before.  I don't think the Mcs will be feeling so comfortable about it.

Truthandjustice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sockpuppet on 04.11.13 17:46

I will be very surprised to see the McCanns attend the libel trial.  But I live in hope!

Sockpuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.11.13 17:51

@Sockpuppet wrote:I will be very surprised to see the McCanns attend the libel trial.  But I live in hope!
It'll be interesting to hear their excuses if they don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 04.11.13 17:54

@Sockpuppet wrote:I will be very surprised to see the McCanns attend the libel trial.  But I live in hope!
Me too - 'bout time the chickens came home to roost.
They will weasel out tho', is my guess.
One thing to be one pre-vetted-script sofa, whith a sycophantic airhead - quite another to be in court of law with a proper judge.

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 04.11.13 18:17

they will only attend IF they know they wont be able to take the stand

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 04.11.13 18:23

@tiny wrote:
they will only attend IF they know they wont be able to take the stand
Agreed

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 04.11.13 20:26

Does anyone know if it is any disadvantage to them to NOT attend?

I assume that if it cannot harm their defence they will stay as far away as possible. WHY would they go there in that case?

They can say they are too busy working with the current new red hot lead.

secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.11.13 21:17

@secrets and lies wrote:Does anyone know if it is any disadvantage to them to NOT attend?

I assume that if it cannot harm their defence they will stay as far away as possible. WHY would they go there in that case?

They can say they are too busy working with the current new red hot lead.
They've both insisted to be heard.
If the Judge allows and they're not there ...? How would that read?

ETA and as for the new red hot lead: they've let known that they don't do "speculation" ...

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 04.11.13 21:21

oh yes, of course. I forgot.big grin

secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bellum on 04.11.13 22:10

I don't think that the McCanns will be in Lisbon tomorrow.
Incredibly busy behind the scenes.

bellum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AB1 on 04.11.13 23:46

@admin wrote:
@Sietah wrote:Can't we set up a fundraising for Amaral, so he can sue them back
shark                                    . .
There is a fund for him here: http://pjga.blogspot.com/2009/11/press-release-defence-fund.html

I also hope he sues them back.

There is also a fund for Tony: http://www.cold2012.org.uk/

I hope he sues them back too.
May the force be with him...

And the only force we can rely on in this case is the PROVEN TRUTH.

AB1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 05.11.13 4:16

As I understand it, the judge is due to rule on applications by both of the McCanns and that of Dr Amaral to be heard in person by the court and will, presumably, hand down her judgement in this matter later today. 

If the judge grants any or all of the applications, the individuals concerned will not be heard until the defence has concluded its case and therefore it is not necessary for the McCanns to attend the court again unless requested to do so. 

Fwiw, I doubt the judge will be minded to allow submission of a written statement by any of the parties (above) unless they are willing to take the stand and be questioned as to its veracity. 

If the judge is minded to allow the McCanns to address the court, it is my fervent hope she will schedule their appearances for the same day winkwink 

As TM have succeeded in whipping up yet another media shitstorm over the past week or so, it could be G&K believe they're on something of a roll but, nevertheless, I suspect they'll pass on the opportunity to pose soulfully in Lisbon and will stay home 'in the interests of respecting the PJ's investigation and having regard to Madeleine's security' blah de blah, where they'll be consumed with worry as to what may be said about them and over which of the UK press have sent reporters to cover the trial. 

I suspect poor old Izzy will need a new battery for her mobile by the time the day's out big grin

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum