Numbers - concise version.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Numbers - concise version.

Post  tigger on Tue 15 Oct - 11:55

This topic is the essence of the first numbers topic - I haven't credited the posts made there to keep it concise. Note that this isn't all my work but from many members here.
I hope it may be useful to many guests and newbies just to get the gist. The link at the bottom is highly recommended as it is impossible to work out from the accounts how or where the money from the  Ltd.Co.'Fund' has gone or e.g. the exact payments that have gone in.  

Number of hours of physical searching by the parents of Madeleine McCann.

1) None (BBC interview  in answer to the question why they did not search - the interviewer was told ' we were really busy')

2) One hour. ( In the morning around seven o'clock for one hour - nine hours after she was allegedly abducted - from the book 'madeleine' written by the mother)

Time available - according to the McCann's and Carter-Ruck's cross checked timings, not mine - to
Enter, Sedate, Select, Pick up, Turn round, Exit
One Minute and Twenty Seconds.

12 voicemails sent to Gerry McCann on the 2nd of May 2007. He has denied the existence of these on video.
(Expresso Interview) According to Gerry 0
The Book:

Photos of Madeleine (not including front and back cover). 15.
Photos of Kate: 21

Photos of Madeleine during the family holiday in Praia da Luz. 0

550,000 ... the number of UK pounds paid out in libel damages by the Daily Express to the McCanns. My, how pleased they would be to get that back! Everyone in the press, even Private Eye, is treading on eggshells for fear of being Carter Rucked... though I doubt there is the money for it now.

Set of detectives hired to search for Madeleine - SEVEN

Result of the Search - ZERO

A total of 10 cars were examined in an underground car park.

The cadaver dog and the blood dog marked only the car of the McCann family.

13 alerts by the CSI dogs - all alerts closely related to the McCanns apartment, clothing and hire car.

0 alerts elsewhere, including Murat's property.

From the PJ archiving report: section D.

48 simple questions posed to Kate Mccann by investigators. She stayed silent throughout.

She answered No. 49
Q. Are you aware that in not answering the questions you are jeopardising the investigation, which seeks to discover what happened to your daughter?
A. 'Yes, if that’s what the investigation thinks.

number of times they have personally gone to check on a sighting   0

number of times they remember one sighting being particularly promising  0

They seemed to find the question amusing as can be seen in this interview.
This is the interview, the hard- to -conceal smiles /smirks are at approx. 25 secs.

Number of days after Madeleine's disappearance that Kate had a good night's sleep. 11

MONDAY, MAY 14: I slept well last night after a not very good end of the day ….
….I decided to go running—for the first time since THE day (already 11 days ago). I knew that it was going to be physically difficult, but I also knew that I wasn't going to give up, because it was for Madeleine and also because the level of pain is far higher now.

£3,742,385 = fund income 2007 to 2012.

The distance from the Tapas Bar to 5a has been given by the McCanns as:

50 metres = approx. 164 feet
49 metres = approx. 160 feet
47.5 metres = approx. 156 feet

This is extremely misleading.
This is the distance as the crow flies.

It is also given in metres rather than feet, which would be more meaningful to the British public. 49 feet could indeed be from a bedroom to the bottom of the garden. A garden of 49 metres long would be exceptional.

The full 100+ metres that they needed to walk is around 110 yards, this gives a much clearer approximation of the distance. 330 feet

443 searches were carried out by the Polícia Judiciária in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

300 policemen from various security forces were mobilised after the disappearance of the little girl from the Ocean Club resort, in Praia da Luz.

130 elements of the Polícia Judiciária, from several directories over the country – mainly Lisbon and the Algarve – were detached for this investigation.

700 persons were heard as witnesses by the authorities during the inquiry, 112 of them being staff of the Ocean Club resort.

3 persons were made arguidos: Robert Murat, Kate McCann and Gerry McCann.

2000 diligences in the process into Maddie's disappearance (these probably refer to the sightings, the dossier on these contained some 2000+)

700 persons were interviewed during the investigation

22 dossiers with "speculative or unlikely news, like psychic visions" (no doubt these are the files mentioned by Mitchell in the Panorama documentary of April 2012 when he said that there were yet many psychic leads to be followed up)

From the Leveson Inquiry: We were very happy to undertake a number of things unconditionally on behalf of Kate

and Gerry. One example of this was the appeal we mounted to raise donations to the

Madeleine campaign fund. This was very successful and raised £1.5 million in 48 hours.

7/8 months after Maddie disappeared:

Negotiations for a film deal  of 1 million plus-  confirmed by Mitchell. Negotiations started in December 2007.

Oprah Winfrey interview – a bidding ‘war’’ developed with fees of 1 million plus.

Recommended reading:
A review of
the background to setting up the limited company Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned and a forensic examination of the company accounts
by Enid O'Dowd FCA

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum