The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Guest on 14.10.13 18:16

Facts or Discrepancies only.  NOT FOR DISCUSSION

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Guest on 14.10.13 23:04

Opening this up, purely for facts and discrepancies.  Please feel free to update it.......I've lost the will to live big grin

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Guest on 14.10.13 23:08

Thank you Nereid for this synopsis...



@Nereid wrote:I'm trying not to lose heart.

What I got from this:

1. JT sighting discounted. 8 families with 11 children had booked night crèche that night. One of them was the man she saw, walking back with his 2 y/o
child to his apartment. His child had similar pyamas as Madeleine.

2. Blonde/fair haired man spotted twice on path and somewhere else looking at 5Ga (seen this in PJ files somewhere by girl whose grandmother used to
live in 5Ga); 2 men spotted at 5C (2 doors down from McCanns). One spotted in stairwell. At 11.00pm (?) 2 men seen. Conclusion: possible pre-
planned abduction. Men were doing reconnaissance.

3. From January upto Madeleine's disappearance there was a spate of burglaries. 3 weeks prior there were 2 where windows were used to gain access.
Did Madeleine disturb burglar?

4. Charity collections. On 3 May from 3.30 to 5.30 pm. At 4pm man with black hair collecting for charity.

5. At 10pm sighting of white man with brown hair carrying a blonde child in pyamas. See 2 e-fits by 2 different person of this man.


I never believed JT's sighting. But I also don't believe how they made it go away by having a man coming forward after 6 years!

From the above I think the only credible one is 5. The Smith sighting!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Guest on 14.10.13 23:10

candyfloss wrote:Opening this up, purely for facts and discrepancies.  Please feel free to update it.......I've lost the will to live big grin
Don't be daft!

There's us out here, you have to look after!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Nereid on 14.10.13 23:13

candyfloss wrote:Opening this up, purely for facts and discrepancies.  Please feel free to update it.......I've lost the will to live big grin
In the reconstruction Matthew was not at the Tapas table when the Paynes arrived.

Russell said in both his statements (4th and 11th) that all adults were there when he (Russell) arrived apart from the Paynes/Webster who arrived 5 mins (4th May statement) or 10 mins (11th May statement) later. From Russell's statements I understand that Matthew left after the Paynes/Webster arrived (about 21.00 hours).

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Truthandjustice on 14.10.13 23:16

Creche man walking in the opposite direction to Tanner sighting - map showed creche to east of 5A therefore man returning to apartments with child going east to west.

Truthandjustice

Posts : 237
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Cristobell on 14.10.13 23:18

Family tennis games - never happened

Huge discrepancies with Kate's first statement of how she found Madeleine missing

Gerry and Jez on other side of road.  Both Kate and Jez said they were near apartment gate

Loads more and have put thinking cap on, but like yourself Candyfloss, shell shocked!

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Woofer on 14.10.13 23:32

They allowed Kate`s version of the shutters being raised when they couldn`t have been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeuMzyaCnnY

Plus a whole thread on `The Shutters`.

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by jeanmonroe on 14.10.13 23:56

Door hanging on WRONG side of frame.

Gerry has said 'abductor' could have been behind door in childrens room.
Crimewatch has door on LEFT hand side opening to hit maddies bed!
So if 'abductor' was BEHIND there he'd have been on Maddies bed!
And when Gerry went INTO room to see Maddy and think how lucky he was then he would have seen 'abductor' ON her bed!

Also the now non 'abductor' carrying his child was wearing the EXACT same pyjamas as Madeleine because JT described them in GREAT detail, which is WHY she assumed it was Maddy even though Gerry had hadn't told her what pyjamas Maddy had on,

But the non 'abductor' childs pyjamas were IDENTICAL to Madeleines, cos GM has TOLD us that.

Also if the non 'abductor' was not the 'abductor' then McCanns CLAIM that 'she was abducted' goes out of the window.

WHICH MEANS THERE IS STILL NO 'EVIDENCE' THAT MADELEINE was 'ABDUCTED' NO MATTER WHAT THE MCCANNS 'SAY'!

Also i have been informed that the 'tennis' pic BLURB as the last photo was CHANGED before broadcast because 'people' had been reading THIS forum and realised it couldn't be possible.

So a big up to all you posters!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Cristobell on 15.10.13 0:14

Great stuff Jean :)

I noticed the 'exact same' pyjamas looked nothing like Maddy's and had a solid red turnup, not white with little pink flowers as seen by Hawkeye Jane Tanner.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by jeanmonroe on 15.10.13 0:21

Deadwood NEVER said ONCE in the CW programme the 'A' words!

'disappearance, vanished' but NOT 'abducted/abduction'

Did i see Kate's left 'shoulder lift' a few times in 'live' interview?

"And then you will see the body language (leakage), which is called a one-sided shoulder shrug, which is a squelched shoulder shrug, that says that I have absolutely no confidence in what I just said and I was lying".

I'm sure i did see that.

YEP, KM FOUR left shoulder 'lifts' followed by big gulp after her first 'answer'!

HUGE, HUGE left shoulder lift, by KM, looks 'involuntary' to me, near end of 'interview'

That will do for me!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by AskTheDogsSandra on 15.10.13 1:00

Kirsty Young said the McCann's had been campaigning for years to have the case reopened liar wtf

AskTheDogsSandra

Posts : 132
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Juulcy on 15.10.13 11:00

Madeleine "stand in" was sleeping under the covers. What happened with GM s statement that she was on top of the bedcover because it was warm?
And if she was asleep under the covers, who made up her bed after she disappeared? (Look at the neat bed on the crimescene photo's). 
Maybe it is just a very inacurate enactement, but still...

Juulcy

Posts : 151
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-07-04
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Guest on 15.10.13 11:13

The bedroom door "not the way we left it" remark transferred from Kate at 10 o'clock to Gerry at just after 9.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Searcher on 15.10.13 11:16

Sky News:  "Police are now saying this has all the hallmarks of a planned abduction."
[Or a planned disappearance?]

Searcher

Posts : 359
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2013-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Nereid on 15.10.13 14:07

I've been doing a transcript. Here's the first instalment. Let's not comment on it here, but copy and paste it to the discussion topic if you like.


Intro

Studio

Kirsty:                   There must be very few people who don’t know about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. She was just 3 years old when she went missing whilst she was on holidays with her family in Portugal. That was back in May 2007. She of course hasn’t been seen since and whoever took her, well they have yet to be brought to justice. There was widespread criticism of the initial Portuguese investigation and even at one point accusations that her own parents were to blame. Well along with Kate and Gerry McCann in the studio tonight are the Scotland Yard detectives who are leading this new investigation. We’ve been working closely with them for several months to reconstruct their latest findings and tonight we can reveal the major revelations that they’ve uncovered and the true significance of those crucial e-fits that you may have seen today if you’ve been watching the news. Now we ask you to cast your preconceptions aside to examine this new information and to do what you can to help find Madeleine McCann.

Crimewatch clip

Reporter:            The initial Portuguese Police inquiry lasted a year. Private Investigators have followed up sightings around the world and the media storm surrounding the story came up with numerous theories.  But what actually happened to Madeleine McCann remains a mystery. 

In June this year, after reviewing the evidence, officers from the Metropolitan Police began a fresh investigation. Now for the first time the lead detective is ready to reveal what they have uncovered.

 

Redwood:           I would say it was a revelationary moment.

 

Reporter:            And we speak to Gerry and Kate McCann about how they coped over the past 6 years.

 

Gerry:                   When it’s a special occasion, when you should be your happiest, err, and Madeleine is not there, that’s when it really hits home.

Reporter:            Speculation will be cast aside and new leads revealed as we ask you to help police finally uncover the truth of what happened to Madeleine McCann.

Kirsty:                   Gerry what are your first memories of Madeleine as a baby.

Gerry:                  She came out screaming. She was a McCann. There was no doubt about that but she came out almost perfectly formed. That was really, you know, she was instantly beautiful.

Kirsty:                   Because you had been through IVF to conceive, for her, it must have had an extra poignancy when she was born. Can you tell me ...

Kate:     Very overwhelming and it’s that sort of, that immediate love really and she did feel special. I mean it did feel like after  all we’ve been through, wow.

Kirsty:                   I’ve looked through photographs of your family around about that time. I think not long after the twins were born. The thing that constantly strikes me, you have this sort of giant smile in every picture. It’s like, here we are. This is it, this is all that matters.

Kate:                     And it was, I mean it was all I kind of dreamed of really.  And I can remember one morning err my mum and dad were there and we’d all piled into their bedroom and the three kids were climbing on top of me and I just remember mum was saying: look at you with your three kids you know and that was just was just great you know was just just perfect you know.

Reporter:            The resort of Praia da Luz in Portugal is popular with families across the UK and the rest of Europe. But 6 years ago it became known for a very different reason. It was the place where 3 year old Madeleine McCann was abducted from her apartment. Since then the mystery of what happened to her has continued to make headlines. But amid the speculation what are the facts.

Kate and Gerry McCann arrived at the Ocean Club complex with a group of friends. They brought their 3 children 2 year old twins Sean and Amelie and 3 y/o Madeleine.

 

Kirsty:                   What did Madeleine think of the swimming pool, was she right in there?

Kate:                     Yeah she was, she was desperate to get in there. I mean it was the end of April we went out and it wasn’t that warm but she was (straight?) Mummy can we go in swimming and..

Gerry:                  She loved it, absolutely loved it, she really wanted to get in that water

Reporter:            The McCanns got involved in activities provided by the Complex. There were Kids Clubs for the children. Kate and Gerry signed up for tennis lessons. There was also time for them to be together as a family.

Kate:                     And then generally it’s about 6.30 and we’d all go back to our respective apartments and then it’d be ? bedtime routine really.

 

Reporter:            In the evenings the adults would dine in the resort’s Tapas restaurant  which was 50 metres form the McCann’s apartments. Five days into the holiday the group was settled into this routine.

Kate:                     I think we all woke up around 7.30 and went through to have breakfast and it was at that point that Madeleine said Where were you when Sean and I cried last night. And it was one of those questions that kind of  throws you.

Gerry:                   We just made a mental  note of it and we said you know, actually we go out tonight and we just need to make sure we’re really checking  the door ???????? thinking wake up and crying and looking for us.

Kate:                     The time we had by the pool and the play area that day was, it was a really fun time that day, it was particularly fun.

Gerry:                   She was sitting there in her little dress and her hat on and I was paddling my feet.

Kate:                     And it was sunny  and that’s when we’ve got the photograph, the last photograph.

Gerry:                   We had a lesson booked for the two of us, a tennis lesson and then I stayed on and Kate went for a run. So at 5 o’clock I went over err to meet the kids and Kate came erm back from running.

Kate:                     Madeleine looked really tired. She was really pale and quite washed out.

Gerry:                   We decided to take her straight back to the apartment and just  before 6 I then headed off back to play tennis and I left Kate to get them ready.

Kate:                     Again it’s kind of a nice memory really erm. Madeleine was sitting on my knee and Sean and Amelie erm were alongside and I read a story and Madeleine had asked if she could put my engagement ring on, which she did quite a bit. She had that on and yeah it was just a, a really nice err  moment really. And then Gerry got back pretty prompt at 7.

Gerry:                   They were sitting all on the couch together and ? their jammies on ready, had their milk.

Kate:                     We sat on Madeleine’s bed and we had a story and then Gerry came through and we kind of put the twins into the travel cots that they were sleeping in and say goodnight.

Gerry:                   We’re at groundfloor apartment and the window had a shutter on the outside that was right down and erm the window was closed then we had curtains right across, so it was nice and dark in the room.

Kate:                     And then, as always just  close the door, not right over but just so it was open a little bit so the light from the living room would get through. And I have to say it was quiet within seconds. I think they were all just so tired and fell a sleep

Reporter:            The McCanns left their apartment at 8.30. They were joined at the Tapas restaurant by their friends Matt and Rachel Oldfield and Jane Tanner and her partner Russell O’Brien. At about 9 o’clock Matt left to make sure his children were alright. Shortly after he’d gone the remaining 3 people arrived.

Gerry: A few minutes after 9 I said to Kate, that’s  half an hour, I’m gonna go up and as I walked in err I noticed err that their bedroom was open slightly wider than I had left it. So I actually went into the room and I stood, I could see the twins clearly in their cot and Madeleine was lying there sound asleep.

Reporter:            On his way back Gerry stopped to have a chat with a fellow guest. At about the same time Jane Tanner went to check on her children. Her route took her past the McCann’s apartment.

By the time the starters arrived everyone appeared settled for dinner.

Kate:     And then at 9.30 which was the time I thought right I need to check. I stood up and at the same time Matt stood up. Matt and Rachel were actually staying in the apartment next to us 5B. He said: I can pop in, so I said OK I’ll go next one.

Reporter:            As Matt left the table, Jane’s partner Russell also went to check his children.

Gerry:                   Matt erm went checked and when he came back I said is everything allright and he said yes, it’s all quiet.

Reporter:            Russell stayed behind as his daughter had become unwell. Jane went to relieve him once she’s finished her meal.

Kate:                     So at 10 o’clock erm I got up to do the next check. I’d finished eating then so I headed back to the apartment the usual route. And I just stopped and listened in the living area for a bit and it was all quiet. But it just caught my eye that the children’s door was quite far open and at that point I thought it must have been when Matt checked and he’s left it open and as I was just drawing it over it, it was like it’d been caught by a draught and it was kind of slammed shut. It was only at that point really that I kind of as I opened it a bit I kind of looked into the room and I was, as I was looking at Madeleine’s bed and I couldn’t, couldn’t make her out. And then I realised actually she’s not in that bed. I thought oh I wonder if she’s woken up gone through to our bed. She wasn’t in our bed. And that was, that was the first time where I guess you know panic kicked in. And it was literally at that point the curtains that I say that were closed just kind of  whoosh and then I could see that the window been pushed right over and the shutters were up. So erm sorry err so, so I kind of knew straightaway then that Madeleine had been taken.

Reporter:            Within hours of Madeleine going missing the world’s media had descended on the resort.  Searches of the local area were carried out while reported camped outside the apartment.

A  day after she disappeared Gerry gave a statement to the press.

                Gerry: Words cannot describe the anguish and despair that we are feeling...

Later Kate made an emotional speech after visiting the local church.

                Kate: Please continue to pray for Madeleine. She’s lovely...

 

As the McCanns and their friends tried to piece together that night Jane Tanner remembered seeing something that was to become the main thread of the investigation. When she’d walked past the McCann’s apartment at about 9.15 she had seen a man. He was carrying a child. Her description helped create this artist’s impression. Was he the man that took Madeleine.

A month after her disappearance the McCanns made an appeal on Crimewatch.

Gerry:  ??? this would be a good time now to review all information.

Kate: These are virtually identical to the pyjamas that Madeleine was wearing when she was taken.

Reporter:            By now Madeleine’s abduction was a major news story all over the world. But not all the publicity was welcome.

Kirsty: The day that you yourselves were named as being suspects, tell me about that day.

Kate:     ? Gerry was scared because he knew that we were in a system that we didn’t know and I, I think I just lost it actually. I was, I was upset, I was angry, and I was, I just thought, you know, that this is just crazy, you know, it’s unjust we’re never gonna find Madeleine.

 

Reporter:            In July 2008, more than a year after she disappeared the Portuguese investigation was closed and all suspects, including Kate and Gerry were formally cleared.

The McCanns continued to campaign for the Police to reopen the case of their missing daughter.

Kirsty:                   Do you always feel conscious that there’s a, there’s a, there’s a Madeleine shaped hole there.

Gerry:                   When it’s a special occasion, when you should be your happiest erm and Madeleine is not there that’s when it really hits home. Obviously Madeleine’s birthday goes without saying, but when you’re really getting

Kate:                     Yeah, it’s only ? the big family occasions really. That’s, I mean that’s basically a family occasion and you haven’t got your complete family.

Reporter:            In 2011 the McCanns made a direct appeal to Prime Minister David Cameron for help in the search for Madeleine. In an unprecedented move a team from the Metropolitan Police was given the go-ahead to review the massive evidence that had come from Praia da Luz. Would the UK’s top detectives be able to crack a case that had baffled the world.

DCI Andy Redwood is leading the investigation.

Redwood:           Primarily what we sought to do from the beginning is trying to ? everything back to zero if you like. Try and sort of take everything back to the beginning and then re-analyse and reassess everything, accepting nothing.

Reporter:            The work of detectives in reassessing thousands of documents, paid off when they were finally given the green light to launch a full-blown inquiry.

What follows is the result of this painstaking new investigation by Scotland Yard’s elite detectives. The truest account yet of what really happened that night.

Reporter: Tell me now about the crime scene itself.

Redwood: Yes, I mean the family with their 3 children were in apartment G5A. This was on the edge  of a sort of contained area which was known as the Ocean Club within which there was a Tapas Bar and swimming pools and tennis court. The actual apartment where they were staying was, was outside that perimeter area and it was effectively from front and back accessible to the public. The front door was  accessed via a car park. And then the rear entrance was aside (?) to the steps that led up and into a rear balcony area that go in and ?? through patio doors.

Madeleine and her siblings Sean and Amelie were staying in the front bedroom which looked out onto the front car park. Erm Madeleine was in her bed and the two children were in travel cots between, between Madeleine’s bed and the bed that was nearest to the window.

The careful and critical analysis of the timeline has been absolutely key. Primarily we’re focussed on the area between 8.30 and 10. We know that at 8.30, that was the time that Mr and Mrs McCann went down to the Tapas area for their dinner and we know that around 10 pm that was when Mrs McCann found that Madeleine was missing.

Reporter:            One of the most pivotal events on the timeline was Jane Tanner’s sighting of a man carrying a child. He was walking in this spot just metres from where Madeleine had been sleeping. This man was widely thought to be Madeleine’s abductor, but the team was taking nothing for granted.

Redwood:           One of the things that we picked up very quickly was the fact that there was a night crèche that was operating from the main Ocean Club reception and 8 families left 11 children in there. And one particular family we spoke to gave us information that was really interesting and exciting. In fact I would say it was a revelationary moment when having discussed with them what they were doing on the night. They themselves believed that they could be the Tanner sighting.

Reporter:            The British father had collected his 2 year old daughter from the creche. He had been walking near the McCann’s apartment. This is the actual photograph taken by Metropolitan  Police officers of the man dressed in the kind of clothes he wore on holiday. This image was compared to the artist’s impression.

Redwood:           It is uncannily similar and we know that the pyjamas tha their child was wearing, that it is again uncannily striking the similarities.

Reporter:            So, what you’re saying is that the time line that everyone was working on for years in this case, was wrong.

Redwood:           We’re almost certain now that this sighting is not the abductor. But very importantly what it says is that from 9.15 we’re able to allow the clock to continue to move forward and in doing so things that have not been quite as significant or received quite the same degree of attention are now the centre of our focus.

Reporter:            This  was an enormous discovery for the team. An innocent explanation for the suspect who’d been at the centre of the case for 6 years. Their attention quickly turned to another sighting which could now be the key to the entire mystery.

It was here that at 10pm that an Irish family witnessed another man carrying a child. They saw him come down the hill from the Ocean Club heading that way towards the beach. Could this have been Madeleine and her abductor.

Redwood:           He was a white man with brown hair and the child that he had in his arms was described as being about 3 to 4 years of age with blonde hair, possibly wearing pyjamas. A description very close to that of Madeleine McCann.

 

Reporter:            Two of the witnesses helped create E-fits of the man they saw.

Today for the first time we can reveal the true significance of these images.

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by DIBarlow on 15.10.13 14:19

No visit by Payne then?

DIBarlow

Posts : 95
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by jeanmonroe on 15.10.13 15:09

Nereid:
Very well done. Excellent. Thankyou.

It's just a pity that transcrpits cannot show body language.

Good job KM is a doctor.

She could have replaced her dislocated shoulder/s that were displaced by her 'involuntary' shrugging, when talking to 'our' Kirsty, herself!
_______________________________________________

"And then you will see the body language (leakage), which is called a one-sided shoulder shrug, which is a squelched shoulder shrug, that says that I have absolutely no confidence in what I just said and I was lying".

That's why i think they were 'interviewed' in a side room.

Body language experts would not have missed her 'body language'.

But made no difference we did SEE it, Kate.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Guest on 15.10.13 15:23

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:The bedroom door "not the way we left it" remark transferred from Kate at 10 o'clock to Gerry at just after 9.
Then, a responsible parent might ask the question: dear Gerry, why not stay with your children in the apartment?

Especially as you'd heard little Maddie ask why you hadn't come when Sean and she were crying the night before!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by PeterMac on 15.10.13 17:17

Kate has also been having English grammar lessons.
Last night she used the expression - when talking about Madeleine reporting the crying incident -
"Why didn't you come when Sean and I cried . . . "

It has taken her 6 years to learn the difference between the nominative and accusative.
That itself was a revelation.

Did I also hear in the introduction Madeleine was "JUST 3 years old."
I certainly heard "it REMAINS A MYSTERY",
And "TRUEST ACCOUNT YET"
So we can expect even truer ones in the future ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by lj on 15.10.13 17:43

@PeterMac wrote:Kate has also been having English grammar lessons.
Last night she used the expression - when talking about Madeleine reporting the crying incident -
"Why didn't you come when Sean and I cried . . . "

It has taken her 6 years to learn the difference between the nominative and accusative.
That itself was a revelation.

Did I also hear in the introduction Madeleine was "JUST 3 years old."
I certainly heard "it REMAINS A MYSTERY",  
And "TRUEST ACCOUNT YET"
So we can expect even truer ones in the future ?
Yeah, funny how Madeleine's age changes with what they want to achieve.

I have no doubt they have had many speaking, speaking in public, performing and other lessons, and yet I can't understand half of what they say. Maybe it is English not being my first language, but I have to play it over and over again and sometimes it still does not get clear for me. So thanks for the transcript Nereid!

Now I have to figure out if I just have a bout of a stomach flu or a severe case of McCannitis, characterized by severe nausea and impulses to break computer screens.


____________________
"And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment, why would that be our fault?"  Gerry

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

Posts : 3275
Reputation : 148
Join date : 2009-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Guest on 15.10.13 17:56

Even I whose only language is English have trouble with Kate and Gerry's accents at times! And as for Auntie Phil, I definitely need an interpreter.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by Nereid on 15.10.13 19:11

Ok, here's the full transcript. Please bear in mind English is not my first language, so there may be errors, and sometimes '?' as I can't understand what is being said.
 
Intro

Studio
Kirsty:                   There must be very few people who don’t know about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. She was just 3 years old when she went missing whilst she was on holidays with her family in Portugal. That was back in May 2007. She of course hasn’t been seen since and whoever took her, well they have yet to be brought to justice. There was widespread criticism of the initial Portuguese investigation and even at one point accusations that her own parents were to blame. Well along with Kate and Gerry McCann in the studio tonight are the Scotland Yard detectives who are leading this new investigation. We’ve been working closely with them for several months to reconstruct their latest findings and tonight we can reveal the major revelations that they’ve uncovered and the true significance of those crucial e-fits that you may have seen today if you’ve been watching the news. Now we ask you to cast your preconceptions aside to examine this new information and to do what you can to help find Madeleine McCann.

Crimwatch clip
Reporter:            The initial Portuguese Police inquiry lasted a year. Private Investigators have followed up sightings around the world and the media storm surrounding the story came up with numerous theories.  But what actually happened to Madeleine McCann remains a mystery. 

In June this year, after reviewing the evidence, officers from the Metropolitan Police began a fresh investigation. Now for the first time the lead detective is ready to reveal what they have uncovered.

Some previews
Redwood:           I would say it was a revelationary moment.

 

Reporter:            And we speak to Gerry and Kate McCann about how they coped over the past 6 years.

 

Gerry:                   When it’s a special occasion, when you should be your happiest, err, and Madeleine is not there, that’s when it really hits home.

Reporter:            Speculation will be cast aside and new leads revealed as we ask you to help police finally uncover the truth of what happened to Madeleine McCann.

Kirsty interview with McCanns (not live)
Kirsty:                   Gerry what are your first memories of Madeleine as a baby.

Gerry:                  She came out screaming. She was a McCann. There was no doubt about that but she came out almost perfectly formed. That was really, you know, she was instantly beautiful.

Kirsty:                   Because you had been through IVF to conceive, for her, it must have had an extra poignancy when she was born. Can you tell me ...

Kate:     Very overwhelming and it’s that sort of, that immediate love really and she did feel special. I mean it did feel like after  all we’ve been through, wow.

Kirsty:                   I’ve looked through photographs of your family around about that time. I think not long after the twins were born. The thing that constantly strikes me, you have this sort of giant smile in every picture. It’s like, here we are. This is it, this is all that matters.

Kate:                     And it was, I mean it was all I kind of dreamed of really.  And I can remember one morning err my mum and dad were there and we’d all piled into their bedroom and the three kids were climbing on top of me and I just remember mum was saying: look at you with your three kids you know and that was just was just great you know was just just perfect you know.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            The resort of Praia da Luz in Portugal is popular with families across the UK and the rest of Europe. But 6 years ago it became known for a very different reason. It was the place where 3 year old Madeleine McCann was abducted from her apartment. Since then the mystery of what happened to her has continued to make headlines. But amid the speculation what are the facts.

Kate and Gerry McCann arrived at the Ocean Club complex with a group of friends. They brought their 3 children 2 year old twins Sean and Amelie and 3 y/o Madeleine.

Kirsty interview with McCanns (not live)
Kirsty:                   What did Madeleine think of the swimming pool, was she right in there?

Kate:                     Yeah she was, she was desperate to get in there. I mean it was the end of April we went out and it wasn’t that warm but she was (straight?) Mummy can we go in swimming and..

Gerry:                  She loved it, absolutely loved it, she really wanted to get in that water

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            The McCanns got involved in activities provided by the Complex. There were Kids Clubs for the children. Kate and Gerry signed up for tennis lessons. There was also time for them to be together as a family.

Kirsty interview with McCanns (not live)
Kate:                     And then generally it’s about 6.30 and we’d all go back to our respective apartments and then it’d be sort of (?)  bedtime routine really.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            In the evenings the adults would dine in the resort’s Tapas restaurant  which was 50 metres form the McCann’s apartments. Five days into the holiday the group was settled into this routine.

Kirsty interview with McCanns (not live)
Kate:                     I think we all woke up around 7.30 and went through to have breakfast and it was at that point that Madeleine said Where were you when Sean and I cried last night. And it was one of those questions that kind of  throws you.

Gerry:                   We just made a mental  note of it and we said you know, actually we go out tonight and we just need to make sure we’re really checking  the door ???????? thinking wake up and crying and looking for us.

Kate:                     The time we had by the pool and the play area that day was, it was a really fun time that day, it was particularly fun.

Gerry:                   She was sitting there in her little dress and her hat on and I was paddling my feet.

Kate:                     And it was sunny  and that’s when we’ve got the erm photograph, the last photograph.

Gerry:                   We had a lesson booked for the two of us, a tennis lesson and then I stayed on and Kate went for a run. So at 5 o’clock I went over err to meet the kids and Kate came erm back from running.

Kate:                     Madeleine looked really tired. She was really pale and looked quite washed out.

Gerry:                   We decided to take her straight back to the apartment and just  before 6 I then headed off back to play tennis and I left Kate to get them ready.

Kate:                     Again it’s kind of quite a nice memory really erm. Madeleine was sitting on my knee and Sean and Amelie erm were alongside and I read a story and Madeleine had asked if she could put my engagement ring on, which she did quite a bit. She had that on and yeah it was just a, a really nice err  moment really. And then Gerry got back pretty prompt at 7.

Gerry:                   They were sitting all on the couch together and ? their jammies on ready, had their milk.

Kate:                     We sat on Madeleine’s bed and we had a story and then Gerry came through and we kind of put the twins into the travel cots that they were sleeping in and say goodnight.

Gerry:                   We’re at groundfloor apartment and the window had a shutter on the outside that was right down and erm the window was closed then we had curtains right across, so it was nice and dark in the room.

Kate:                     And then, as always just  close the door, not right over but just so it was open a little bit so the light from the living room would get through. And I have to say it was quiet within seconds. I think they were all just so tired and fell a sleep

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            The McCanns left their apartment at 8.30. They were joined at the Tapas restaurant by their friends Matt and Rachel Oldfield and Jane Tanner and her partner Russell O’Brien. At about 9 o’clock Matt left to make sure his children were alright. Shortly after he’d gone the remaining 3 people arrived.

Kirsty interview with McCanns (not live)
Gerry:                   A few minutes after 9 I said to Kate, that’s  half an hour, I’m gonna go up and as I walked in err I noticed err that their bedroom was open slightly wider than I had left it. So I actually went into the room and I stood, I could see the twins clearly in their cot and Madeleine was lying there sound asleep.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            On his way back Gerry stopped to have a chat with a fellow guest. At about the same time Jane Tanner went to check on her children. Her route took her past the McCann’s apartment.

By the time the starters arrived everyone appeared settled for dinner.

Kirsty interview with McCanns (not live)
Kate:     And then at 9.30 which was the time I thought right I need to check. I stood up and at the same time Matt stood up. Matt and Rachel were actually staying in the apartment next to us 5B. He said: I can pop in, so I said OK I’ll go next one.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            As Matt left the table, Jane’s partner Russell also went to check his children.

Kirsty interview with McCanns (not live)
Gerry:                   Matt erm went checked and when he came back I said is everything allright and he said yes, it’s all quiet.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            Russell stayed behind as his daughter had become unwell. Jane went to relieve him once she’s finished her meal.

Kirsty interview with McCanns (not live)
Kate:                     So at 10 o’clock erm I got up to do the next check. I’d finished eating then so I headed back to the apartment the usual route. And I just stopped and listened in the living area for a bit and it was all quiet. But it just caught my eye that the children’s door was quite far open and at that point I thought it must have been when Matt checked and he’s left it open and as I was just drawing it over it, it was like it’d been caught by a draught and it was kind of slammed shut. It was only at that point really that I kind of as I opened it a bit I kind of looked into the room and I was, as I was looking at Madeleine’s bed and I couldn’t, couldn’t make her out. And then I realised actually she’s not in that bed. I thought oh I wonder if she’s woken up gone through to our bed. She wasn’t in our bed. And that was, that was the first time where I guess you know panic kicked in. And it was literally at that point the curtains that I say that were closed just kind of  whoosh and then I could see that the window been pushed right over and the shutters were up. So erm sorry err so, so I kind of knew straightaway then that Madeleine had been taken.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            Within hours of Madeleine going missing the world’s media had descended on the resort.  Searches of the local area were carried out while reported camped outside the apartment.

A  day after she disappeared Gerry gave a statement to the press.

                Gerry: Words cannot describe the anguish and despair that we are feeling...

Later Kate made an emotional speech after visiting the local church.

                Kate: Please continue to pray for Madeleine. She’s lovely...

As the McCanns and their friends tried to piece together that night Jane Tanner remembered seeing something that was to become the main thread of the investigation. When she’d walked past the McCann’s apartment at about 9.15 she had seen a man. He was carrying a child. Her description helped create this artist’s impression. Was he the man that took Madeleine.

A month after her disappearance the McCanns made an appeal on Crimewatch.

Old Crimewatch footage
Gerry:  ??? this would be a good time now to review all information.

Kate: These are virtually identical to the pyjamas that Madeleine was wearing when she was taken.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            By now Madeleine’s abduction was a major news story all over the world. But not all the publicity was welcome.

Kirsty interview with McCanns (not live)
Kirsty: The day that you yourselves were named as being suspects, tell me about that day.

Kate:     ? Gerry was scared because he knew that we were in a system that we didn’t know and I, I think I just lost it actually. I was, I was upset, I was angry, and I was, I just thought, you know, that this is just crazy, you know, it’s unjust we’re never gonna find Madeleine.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            In July 2008, more than a year after she disappeared the Portuguese investigation was closed and all suspects, including Kate and Gerry were formally cleared.

The McCanns continued to campaign for the Police to reopen the case of their missing daughter.

Kirsty interview with McCanns (not live)
Kirsty:                   Do you always feel conscious that there’s a, there’s a, there’s a Madeleine shaped hole there.

Gerry:                   When it’s a special occasion, when you should be your happiest erm and Madeleine is not there that’s when it really hits home. Obviously Madeleine’s birthday goes without saying, but when you’re really getting

Kate:                     Yeah, it’s only ? the big family occasions really. That’s, I mean that’s basically a family occasion and you haven’t got your complete family.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            In 2011 the McCanns made a direct appeal to Prime Minister David Cameron for help in the search for Madeleine. In an unprecedented move a team from the Metropolitan Police was given the go-ahead to review the massive evidence that had come from Praia da Luz. Would the UK’s top detectives be able to crack a case that had baffled the world.

DCI Andy Redwood is leading the investigation.

Reporter interview with Redwood (not live)
Redwood:           Primarily what we sought to do from the beginning is trying to ? everything back to zero if you like. Try and sort of take everything back to the beginning and then re-analyse and reassess everything, accepting nothing.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            The work of detectives in reassessing thousands of documents, paid off when they were finally given the green light to launch a full-blown inquiry.

What follows is the result of this painstaking new investigation by Scotland Yard’s elite detectives. The truest account yet of what really happened that night.

Reporter interview with Redwood (not live)
Reporter: Tell me now about the crime scene itself.

Redwood: Yes, I mean the family with their 3 children were in apartment G5A. This was on the edge  of a sort of contained area which was known as the Ocean Club within which there was a Tapas Bar and swimming pools and tennis court. The actual apartment where they were staying was, was outside that perimeter area and it was effectively from front and back accessible to the public. The front door was  accessed via a car park. And then the rear entrance was aside (?) to the steps that led up and into a rear balcony area that go in and ?? through patio doors.

Madeleine and her siblings Sean and Amelie were staying in the front bedroom which looked out onto the front car park. Erm Madeleine was in her bed and the two children were in travel cots between, between Madeleine’s bed and the bed that was nearest to the window.

The careful and critical analysis of the timeline has been absolutely key. Primarily we’re focussed on the area between 8.30 and 10. We know that at 8.30, that was the time that Mr and Mrs McCann went down to the Tapas area for their dinner and we know that around 10 pm that was when Mrs McCann found that Madeleine was missing.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            One of the most pivotal events on the timeline was Jane Tanner’s sighting of a man carrying a child. He was walking in this spot just metres from where Madeleine had been sleeping. This man was widely thought to be Madeleine’s abductor, but the team was taking nothing for granted.

Reporter interview with Redwood (not live)
Redwood:           One of the things that we picked up very quickly was the fact that there was a night crèche that was operating from the main Ocean Club reception and 8 families left 11 children in there. And one particular family we spoke to gave us information that was really interesting and exciting. In fact I would say it was a revelationary moment when having discussed with them what they were doing on the night. They themselves believed that they could be the Tanner sighting.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            The British father had collected his 2 year old daughter from the creche. He had been walking near the McCann’s apartment. This is the actual photograph taken by Metropolitan  Police officers of the man dressed in the kind of clothes he wore on holiday. This image was compared to the artist’s impression.

Reporter interview with Redwood (not live)
Redwood:           It is uncannily similar and we know that the pyjamas tha their child was wearing, that it is again uncannily striking the similarities.

Reporter:            So, what you’re saying is that the time line that everyone was working on for years in this case, was wrong.

Redwood:           We’re almost certain now that this sighting is not the abductor. But very importantly what it says is that from 9.15 we’re able to allow the clock to continue to move forward and in doing so things that have not been quite as significant or received quite the same degree of attention are now the centre of our focus.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            This  was an enormous discovery for the team. An innocent explanation for the suspect who’d been at the centre of the case for 6 years. Their attention quickly turned to another sighting which could now be the key to the entire mystery.

It was here that at 10pm that an Irish family witnessed another man carrying a child. They saw him come down the hill from the Ocean Club heading that way towards the beach. Could this have been Madeleine and her abductor.

Reporter interview with Redwood (not live)
Redwood:           He was a white man with brown hair and the child that he had in his arms was described as being about 3 to 4 years of age with blonde hair, possibly wearing pyjamas. A description very close to that of Madeleine McCann.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            Two of the witnesses helped create E-fits of the man they saw.

Today for the first time we can reveal the true significance of these images.

Reporter interview with Redwood (not live)
Redwood:           This could be the man that took Madeleine but very importantly there could be an innocent explanation. The e-fits are clear and I ask the public to look very carefully at them and if they know who this person is please come forward.  

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            As part of their exhaustive investigation the detectives are particularly interested in a number of blonde haired men who were seen near  the McCann’s apartment. Do they hold the answer to her disappearance?

One witness saw a fair haired man near the McCann’s apartment twice. On the first occasion she saw him standing  on the path that runs behind the block. The second time near the entrance of the Tapas restaurant looking towards apartment G5a.

On the day Madeleine disappeared 2 men were seen on the balcony of a nearby empty apartment believed to be 5C two doors down from the McCanns.

A man was also seen in the same area two hours later.

At 6pm a man was seen in the stairwell in the McCann’s apartment block.

And an hour after Madeleine was reported missing 2 men were seen speaking with raised voices. When they saw the witness they walked away talking in hushed tones.

Reporter interview with Redwood (not live)
Reporter:            How important are these sightings do you think?

Redwood:           Madeleine McCann’s disappearance does on one reading of the evidence have the hallmarks of a pre-planned abduction. That would undoubtedly have involved reconnaissance and so we’re really keen to understand who these people were. They may all be separate. So it’s really important this evening to say to the public that if you recognise yourself then please have the courage to come forward because it’s really important for us to eliminate any sightings that are innocent and nothing to do with Madeleine’s disappearance.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            As well as that line of enquiry and the sighting by the Irish family of a man carrying a child the police are also looking at a third important strand of their investigation.

Reporter interview with Redwood (not live)
 

Redwood:           We have noticed that there was between January and the time Madeleine went missing a four-fold increase in the number of burglaries that were taking place in the vicinity.

Crimewatch clip
Reporter:            In the 3 weeks prior to her disappearance 2 incidents took place in the very block where Madeleine slept. In both windows were used to gain access.

Reporter interview with Redwood (not live)
 

Redwood:           Possibly there is a scenario where Madeleine could have possibly disturbed somebody trying to commit a burglary.

Crimewatch clip
 

Reporter:            To date nobody has been caught for these crimes.

Kirsty interview with McCanns (not live)
Kirsty:                   You’ve said in the past that there can be nobody who knows your story, who can look back on that night as much as you yourself have looked back on it and said what could we have done, what should we have done. How do you deal with those feelings now?

Gerry:                   Maybe I’ll say it first because I think I realised really early on that you could, guilt, ifs, buts, maybes, could just eat away at you and it doesn’t change what happened. Erm, it’s always been a mantra for me is to look forward and always look forward at what can still be done.

Kate:                     I think it took me longer to get to that point and you know I did persecute myself over our decision to eat at the Tapas restaurant for weeks, months, years I’d say.

Kirsty:                   For years, did you?

Kate:                     Yeah, you know ? why did we think that was Ok. You know obviously the with hindsight but then as Gerry said it doesn’t help, doesn’t help us, doesn’t help Madeleine and ultimately it’s not us that committed this crime, it’s the person who’s gone into that apartment and taken a little girl away from her family.

Studio live
Kirsty:                   That’s what they’ve done, they’ve taken a little girl away from her family.  Let’s speak now live to DCI Andy Redwood who, as you’ve seen, is leading this big investigation, has taken the time to join us here tonight. In front of you and your team has been a massive task. You genuinely feel that you are making significant advances here do you?

Redwood:           Yes, we do. We are making good progress. There is still much to do but our revision of the timeline and our re-emphasis on events beyond 9.15 means we are bringing new information this evening to the public.

Kirsty:                   OK, tell me about that then. Let’s focus on 10 pm, let’s focus on this sighting and you tell me what’s important and what people watching need to concentrate on tonight.

Redwood:           Well, at 10pm we can see a man walking down towards the sea, a white man in his thirties with brown hair and in his arms is a child 3 to 4 years of age, blonde hair, wearing pyjamas, very close description to that of Madeleine McCann. Two e-fits that have never been in the public domain of this one individual. Really important for us to understand who he is.

Kirsty:                   Andy, another aspect that seems to me very important are all these different sightings of wha might be this same fair haired man, might be a different fair haired man. Give us a bit more detail on those.

Redwood:           Well there is a number of incidents on either, on both the day that Madeleine went missing and days leading up to her disappearance where one man or two were seen lurking around the apartments. Now there may be a completely innocent explanation for that but we really need the public to help us to identify who these men are.

Kirsty:                   OK, you said to Matthew there was this spike, this four-fold increase in burglaries around about the time that Madeleine was taken. And also there was a rash of, we are calling them charity collections, who knows if that is what they were. You think both of these things also might be something that has an important aspect in terms of the investigation.

Redwood:           Yes, on the afternoon that Madeleine disappeared between 3.30 and 5.30 there were 4 charity collector events where 2 men went to residential apartments in streets very close to her apartment. And certainly on one of those events at 4 pm there’s an e-fit that the public can look at now. A man with black hair.

Kirsty:                   Right

Redwood:           Erm that we really need to understand more about and identify who this person is.

Kirsty:                   And just it was around about  a week before there was another significant again, let’s call it a charity collection sighting. Tell me about this.

Redwood:           Yes, and this was actually the week before Madeleine disappeared. In the apartment where she was staying, a man, and the e-fit is in front of the public now, again with black hair, went up the rear steps and approached a gentleman on the balcony. And again there are certain elements of both that event and the event on the 4pm on the day with the e-fit we’ve shown prior to this that have resonance between each other. Really important for us to identify who these individuals are.

Kirsty:                   That’s for sure. DCI Andy Redwood, for now thanks very much for taking the time for talking to us erm. So let’s then join Madeleine’s parents. Let’s talk to Kate and Gerry McCann. You saw there. For us they were reliving that entire traumatic day and erm nice to see you again. I’m sure it can’t have been easy. Err Gerry, if I can come to you first. You said that the first time you made a public statement that words cannot describe the anguish and despair that we are feeling. I wondered tonight, having come all the way that you have and having fought as hard as you have for this investigation, hearing the new information, what are you feeling tonight?

Gerry:                   I think we’re feeling hopeful and optimistic. All along we’ve said that a review needed done and I think the  Metropolitan Police have done a great job and piecing things together and bring information in, really identifying new pieces of information that really are taking us further forward.

Kirsty:                   Kate, I was entirely conscious as I was speaking to you and Gerry when we were err, when I was interviewing you, that of course I was asking you about the most traumatic and awful day of your life. Of course there is a reason for doing that. People watching tonight might say, well you know what Kate it’s 6 years on. What do you think is gonna come out of this. You’re putting yourself through all this heartache, what on earth can happen next? What would you say to them?

Kate:                     It doesn’t matter how much heartache we put ourselves through as long as you know, we get the result that we need. You know, as Gerry said the Met has made huge progress and that’s given us great hope that we can find Madeleine and that we can find out what’s happened and bring us some answers.

Gerry:                   As well as all other cases for the last few years of children that have been found after been taken for a long time. You know, these cases can get solved and I think that’s what the public need to think about tonight, the new information and really wrack their brains and come forward really.

Kirsty:                   I was really conscious when I spoke to you actually you said something to me, but you didn’t say it  during the interview, but you said it later on when we were chatting off camera and you said to me Kirsty you know, the younger that a child is abducted the greater chance statistically there is that that child will be found alive. Now obviously you had to become experts in this but I very much got that feeling that for both of you there is hope there still.

Gerry:                   I think that, absolutely, we don’t know what’s happened to Madeleine erm, we don’t know who’s taken her. Probably our best chance of finding her is identifying that person and that’s why the e-fits, and sketches and the new information tonight are so important to us err because that’s probably the best chance we’ve got of finding Madeleine.

Kirsty:                   Can I just ask you briefly Kate, for anybody watching tonight who thinks I know something, I don’t know, I don’t know if it’s worth phoning in, what would you say to them personally tonight if they’re watching?

Kate:                     Please, please have the courage and confidence to come forward now and share that information with us and we can unlock this whole case, so please, I mean the general public have been fantastic, please stay with us and come forward.

Kirsty:                   We wish you and we wish the twins the very best and thank you very much for taking the time to talk to us this evening.

Gerry:                   Thank you

Kate:                     Thank you

Kirsty:                   Right, there you have it. Now it’s your turn. If you recognise the man that we’ve shown you tonight in these e-fits, there he is again, or if you have any single scrap of information, could be about the sightings of the fair haired men, could be about burglaries in the area I would urge you please to do the right thing and call our studio now. You know the number. It’s 0500 600 600. You can also call the incident room if you prefer. Let me give you the number for that. That’s 0800 0961011.

Other cases.

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by bobbin on 15.10.13 19:53

Neried, thank you so much for all that hard work. really appreciated. roses 
It's so good to have the words at hand to analyse further. I enclose this snippet here:-
Kirsty:                   What did Madeleine think of the swimming pool, was she right in there?

Kate:                     Yeah she was, she was desperate to get in there. I mean it was the end of April we went out and it wasn’t that warm but she was (straight?) Mummy can we go in swimming and..

Gerry:                  She loved it, absolutely loved it, she really wanted to get in that water
…………………..
Kate:                     The time we had by the pool and the play area that day was, it was a really fun time that day, it was particularly fun.

Gerry:                   She was sitting there in her little dress and her hat on and I was paddling my feet.

Kate:                     And it was sunny  and that’s when we’ve got the photograph, the last photograph.

They just can't help themselves can they.
How real is this, that Madeleine is 'so desperate' to get into the water although it's not that warm, and yet, when it is warm she sits all demure 'by' the pool whilst Gerry dangles his feet in the water.
Did she swim that day, the 3rd May ? before getting shunted back into creche ?
Was she not 'desperate' to get out of her primped up clothes and into her little 'cozy', and leap into the pool, with the warmer weather ?
Come on.....so much over-egging and so little eye to detail, all to try to ram on home the 'proof' that she was there by the pool on 3rd May. Poor little mite. No wonder we are still all here, come rain or shine, to see this through to the end to get justice for that little girl.

bobbin

Posts : 2030
Reputation : 119
Join date : 2011-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANY NEW FACTS OR DISCREPANCIES THAT ARISE FROM CRIMEWATCH PROGRAMME

Post by I'm not buying on 15.10.13 19:57

A few of the things I noticed:

1.       The reconstruction showed the Ms with a twin buggy

2.       Didn’t mention DP’s visit

3.       Maddie  a ball girl when parents played tennis

4.       Curtains tucked behind bed when Kate said they whooshed

5.       Door to kids’ bedroom opened the wrong way

6.       Bedclothes not right

7.       Tanner’s man shown carrying child both ways – feet not consistent

8.       Why was Tanner’s man walking towards the night crèche not away from it?

9.       Sniffer dogs not mentioned

10.   Martin Smith thought that their man might be Gerry- not mentioned

11.   Recon Smithman did look like Gerry.

12.   No mention of ROB changing sheets

13.   No mention of JT saying she passed G and JW or that they said they didn't see her

14.   No mention that forensics showed that window wasn’t broken into

15.   No mention Kate’s fingerprint on the window consistent with opening it.

16.   The twin shown at bedtime looked much younger than 2 years and 3 months old

17.   Showed the iconic M photo in the studio, not what she really looked like at that time

18.   No mention of missing pink blanket

19.   No mention of missing blue bag

20.   No mention of the button trousers

21.   Where were the twins when the tennis match with Maddie ball girl took place? It didn’t is the answer. Unless it was that day they only had her in the crèche for 15 minutes.

22.   No mention of babysitting service available

23.   When ‘M’ went into the crèche – no signing in sheet, she just ran up to the nanny

24.   Someone else noticed a discrepancy between two versions of the last pool photo

25.   No mention of the patio door not locking

26.   No mention of which door the parents went in to do their check

27.   Maddie came out (born) ‘almost perfectly formed’ – almost? What was wrong with her then?

28.   No mention of the importance GA attached to the Smith sighting and his thwarted efforts to get them back to Portugal

29.   Why did Tannerman not come forward earlier?

30.   M might have been taken by a burglar she disturbed – really? He didn’t take anything else, just a three year old, who was awake (to disturb him) and didn’t scream the place down and was meekly quiet or asleep by the time he passed the Smiths? Really? Really? Why would a burglar take a three year old child? And as one of the family put it 'nothing valuable was taken'

31.   When M asked why they didn’t come when she cried they said we’ll make sure we ‘really check properly’ tonight. Eh?

32.   No mention of Mrs Fenn’s account of all the crying two nights before

33.   What about the phone analysis?

34.   50 metres from the apartment

35.   Seating at the round table – a bit smaller than should have been I think- wrong order

36.   Tapas table shown to be outside the restaurant not inside behind a plastic sheet

37.   Resort chosen – apartments much nearer than in Ocean Club, but they did get the outside the complex bit right and that the apt was exposed and vulnerable

38.   Said M was pale and drawn after crèche on the 3rd

39.   Didn’t mention that G was already at high tea when she arrived after her jog

40.   No mention of the crèche sheets

41.   Hubby picked up on them not mentioning at all what MO saw when he did his check, it wasn’t reconstructed at all. Well, said I, he did describe the wrong apt and claimed he didn’t see M. Hubby said, are you kidding me? He said he’d check the kids and he didn’t even look at M? And these people are doctors?

42.   We were spared TM’s interpretation of M’s 'why didn’t you come', speech that someone was in doing a dry run the night before. That would have been a stretch too far for even the most gullible member of the public and would have resulted in howls of derision from the forums.

43.   We were also spared K’s assertion that the open window might have been a red herring to throw the investigators off the scent. Yeah. Because burglars and child abductors waste time with that kind of thing!


I'm sure there is more.
And thanks, Nereid, for the transcript.

I'm not buying

Posts : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum