The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Mm11

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Mm11

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Regist10

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect

Post by Cristobell 14.10.13 16:00

Following a long line of e-fits, I think this one should be called the 'Gerry' one, because merging the two results in the man himself!  winkwink
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Empty Re: NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect

Post by Newintown 14.10.13 16:04

Cristobell wrote:I have just had a revelation, its that kind of day.  Because many of us have been so caught up in this case for such a long time, we forget that the details, so familiar to us, are relatively unknown in the UK.  Most people do not know about the Smith sighting, so to them it is new.  If we take ourselves back to the early days and our own reaction when we first read about this 'major development', for myself, it implicated the McCanns even more.  Why did the McCanns not publicise it, its not as if they didn't have the resources and the world stage?  It has always been a major line of enquiry and the McCanns' avoidance of it is highly suspicious.  If Team McCann were 100% confident that it wasn't Gerry, they would have used it in their campaign as further proof of abduction.  

The Smith family sighting has always been there, its always been flagged up, and it was a line of enquiry being followed by Goncalo Amaral, until he was unceremoniously removed from the case.  Tying in the phone data they have been examining and running man heading towards the harbour, if I were the McCanns I would be very worried indeed.
As someone mentioned earlier in the blog the McCanns avoided it like the plague until they could come up with an explanation to gloss over it, hence it was morphed into the JT sighting in the C4 Mockumentary.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Empty Latest from Joana Morais

Post by GRACEFUL1 14.10.13 16:31

Missing Information
Missing Information
14 October 2013 | Posted by Joana Morais Leave a Comment

Last night, approximately at 8pm GMT, in advance of the Crimewatch broadcast in the UK, two computer-based images, e-fits of the same man, one with an oval head shape and the other with a diamond shaped one, as provided by two witnesses accounts were disclosed on twitter by a young man. That was followed by what seemed to be a poor and illegible screenshot of some newspaper at the ‘official McCann campaign’ on twitter, an image that was reproduced one hour later at the ‘official McCann campaign’ page on facebook. It turned out to be screenshot taken from the Telegraph.
It didn't take long for the images to travel swiftly, while a broadcast went on at Sky News reviewing the newspapers front pages, simultaneously the cover pages themselves were being shared on social sites [#tomorrowspaperstoday]. A little before midnight, @metpoliceuk released the official images.
There was much expectation for those e-fits, but even more so for the digital replicas of the articles associated to them in view of the fact that the 'press review' by Sky News anchor Dermot Murnaghan and his two guests, sounded a bit imprecise, biased - yes, the old xenophobia - and frankly repetitive.
After reading the articles on Daily Mail  1, 2 and 3, Express, Telegraph, Guardian, the Sun, Daily Star and the Mirror it wasn't difficult to understand from where the e-fits came.

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Downloads5
Nowhere in the news articles published today, as far as I could see,  it is stated the provenance of the witnesses accounts used to create the e-fits, except, and surprisingly,  in the Sun. It is in that tabloid that we have the assurance that the witnesses used to create today's e-fits had already been included in Portuguese Judiciary Police case files.

From the news articles we are given two accounts, one referring to a 'German connection', reason for which the programme is going to be aired in Germany and in the Netherlands in the next couple of days.

«Two e-fit pictures of the same man with a “German connection” were released yesterday in what is seen as a major development in the case. Scotland Yard detectives investigating the disappearance of the girl, who was then three, in Portugal six years ago want to trace the man urgently. They believe he may have been in the vicinity of the McCann family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz as the mystery unfolded. Officers think the man in the computer-generated images may be German-speaking and inquiries and appeals are set to be launched in Germany as well as Holland.» 

«A number of other e-fits are expected to be released by police later today in an effort to identify further potential suspects. They will reportedly include images of two German-speaking men.»

The other, the Smith family sighting, when they saw a man carrying a child just before 10pm on the night of 3 May, 2007, in Praia da Luz, Algarve. And the two e-fits released today were, apparently, based on these witnesses descriptions.

«New images show the man an Irish family insist they saw carrying a girl like Madeleine McCann in the resort of Praia da Luz around the time she vanished. The two computer e-fits of the prime suspect were composed from statements and descriptions given by two members of the Smith family.

Martin Smith — holidaying with wife Mary, daughter Aoife, son Peter plus other family members — said the girl was three or four and in a deep sleep. The man was carrying her along the middle of a deserted side street in an uncomfortable position with her head slumped against him.

She had pale “typically British” skin, blonde shoulder-length hair and wore light coloured or pink pyjamas — like those Madeleine was wearing that night. Mr Smith, Aoife and Peter gave descriptions to Portuguese police two days later but no e-fits or sketches were produced.»

Some journalists and news anchors stated that nothing was done by the Portuguese Judiciary Police in relation to these witnesses statements. But is that the whole truth?

Let us not forget the serious implications contained in DCI's Andy Redwoods statement: “Our work to date has significantly changed the timeline and the accepted version of events that has been in the public domain to date.” Which as someone said, means, in no uncertain terms, “to present a version of events which goes against the facts contained in the Judiciary Police case files, obtained from sworn and signed witness statements and forensic evidence.” And all the inferences subsequently contained in that idea.

Let us not forget the numerous inconsistencies that lead the Portuguese Police appeal in 2008 for the Tapas 9 , the McCann couple and their group of friends, to attend a reconstruction so the investigation for Madeleine could continue. A reconstruction, the group refused to attend, allegedly because it wouldn't be of value if not broadcast as a Crimewatch show, among other reasons. The same very same programme the McCanns (and the Tapas 7?) have now declined to take part on the grounds of being 'far too upsetting for them'.

Let us not also forget about the timing of tonight's appeal, e-fits and crimewatch programme that has been in production for several months, and the sudden urgency of broadcasting it with international fanfare at a time when coincidentally there is an ongoing libel case in Lisbon, an action taken by the McCann couple against a  former Judiciary Police inspector, a TV channel, a production company and a publisher, where at question, regardless of what the claims are, will be Freedom of Expression and of Opinion. The BBC crimewatch surely wasn't that urgent, since we have been waiting since the 6th of October, being drip-fed trailers, press releases, outtakes, production photos, of a prototypical blockbuster. We're just lacking the merchandising and the popcorns. But that too can be arranged.

Missing  Information

After two years of investigation, the Scotland Yard, having in their hands the mammoth task of cross checking the Judiciary Police case files, with eight private detectives companies files, and data gathered, I imagine, by the Leicestershire Police Constabulary, and other English authorities that worked in cooperation with the Judiciary Police, became aware of “the significance of the man” depicted in today's e-fit. DCI Andy Redwood said, “Whilst this man may or may not be the key to unlocking this investigation, tracing and speaking to him is of vital importance to us. We have witnesses placing him in the resort area around the time of Madeleine's disappearance.”

A vital information that led the Judiciary Police, under Gonçalo Amaral's coordination, to perform a series of investigative steps and contacts with their counterparts in the UK, between May 2007 and January 2008 was the information provided by Mr. Smith.

What I fail to understand is how the most significant piece of information provided by Mr. Smith, who saw a man carrying a child in his arms on the night of 3 May, 2007, which, according to today's news reports, lead to the creation of one of the e-fits was suppressed.

Why?

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Picture234
Additional statement by Martin Smith, 30 January 2008

Cover note

Detective Branch
Drogheda
County Lough

Re – Investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

I took an additional statement from Mr Smith as requested. His wife does not want to make another statement. I showed him the video clip and he stated that it was not the clip that alerted him but the BBC news at 10 PM on 9th September 2007.

He has been contacted by numerous tabloid press looking for stories. He has been contacted by Mr Brian Kennedy who is supporting the McCann family to take part in a photo fit exercise. He has given no stories or helped in any photo fits. He sent a solicitor’s letter to six papers in relation material that was printed that was misquoted. The Evening Herald paid his solicitor's fees and all papers printed an apology. His photograph appeared in another tabloid paper and this matter is being pursued at the moment.

I do not believe that Martin Smith is courting the press and my view his is a genuine person. He is known locally and is a very decent person.

Forwarded please

Sergeant

L*** H****

Additional statement by Martin Smith, 30 January 2008

I hereby declare that this statement is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and that I make it knowing that if it is tendered in evidence I will be liable to prosecution if I state in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true.

I would like to state that the statement I made on 26th May 2007 in Portugal is correct. The description of the individual that I saw on 3rd May 2007 carrying a child is as follows. He was average build, 5 foot 10” in height, brown hair cut short, aged 40 years approximately. Wearing beige trousers and darkish top maybe a jacket or blazer. He had a full head of hair with a tight cut. This individual was alone. I saw Gerard McCann (sic) going down the plane stairs carrying one of his children on 9th September 2007 BBC news at 10 PM, I have been shown the video clip by Sergeant Hogan which I recognise. A clip I have seen before on the Internet. In relation to the video clips of Gerard McCann and the person I saw on 3rd May 2007 when I saw the BBC news at 10 PM on 9th September 2007 something struck me that it could have been the same person. It was the way Gerard McCann turned his head down which was similar to what the individual did on 3rd May 2007 when we met him. It may have been the way he was carrying the child either. I would be 60-80% sure that it was Gerard McCann that I met that night carrying a child. I am basing that on his mannerism in the way he carried the child off the plane. After seeing the BBC news at 10 PM, footage on the 9th September 2007 I contacted Leicestershire police with this information. During that time I spoke to all my family members who were with me on the night of 3rd May 2007 about this and the only one who felt the same way as me was my wife. She had seen the video clip of Gerard McCann walking down the stairs of the plane earlier that day. We did not discuss this until some days later. This statement has been read over to me and is correct.
GRACEFUL1
GRACEFUL1

Activity : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 14.10.13 16:35

Martin Smith's description of man with child
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

Extract from official statement

Date of Diligence: 2007.05.26 10H40
Name: MARTIN SMITH

Regarding the description of the individual who carried the child he states that: he was Caucasian, around 175 to 180m in height. He appeared to be about 35/40 years old. He had an average build, a bit on the thin side. His hair was short, in a basic male cut, brown in colour. He cannot state if it was dark or lighter in tone. He did not wear glasses and had no beard or moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details partly due to the fact that the lighting was not very good.
— He was wearing cream or beige-coloured cloth trousers in a classic cut. He did not see his shoes. He did not notice the body clothing and cannot describe the colour or fashion of the same.
— He states that the child was female, about four years of age as she was similar to his granddaughter of the same age. She was a child of normal build, about a metre in height though not being absolutely certain of that as she was being carried. The child has blonde medium-hued hair, without being very light. Her skin was very white, typical of a Brit. He did not notice her eyes as she was asleep and her eyelids were closed.
— She was wearing light-coloured pyjamas. He cannot state with certainty the colour. She was not covered by any wrap or blanket. He cannot confirm whether she was barefoot but in his group, they spoke about the child having no cover on her feet.
— Urged, he states that the individual did not appear to be a tourist. He cannot explain this further. It was simply his perception given the individual's clothing. He states that the individual carried the child in his arms, with her head laying on the individual's left shoulder, that being to the right of the deponent. He adds that he did not hold the child in a comfortable position, suggesting [the carrying] not being habitual.
— Having already seen various photographs of MADELEINE and televised images, states that the child who was carried by the individual could have been her. He cannot state this as fact but is convinced that it could have been MADELEINE, also the opinion shared by his family.
— Questioned, says that the individual did not speak nor did
-------------------------------------------------

Sent: 20th September, 2007 11:37
CC: Hughes John (DC)
Re: Smith Family
Rec via: TELEPHONE Series: 241 Ident: BC19-8286-1055 20/09/07
Telephone: *********
Locale: Portugal/Out of country
Origin: Mr. Martin Smith 'Ireland

Text: Reported that he passed a male carrying a child in Praia da Luz the night Maddie went missing. Went and made a statement to Portugal police in Portimao on 26th of May and returned to the U.K. Is saying that after seeing McCANNS on the news on 9th of September when they returned to the U.K. He has not slept and is worried sick. He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head. It was exactly the same way and look of the other male seen the night Maddy went missing. He also watched ITV news and SKY news and inferred it looked like the same person both times carrying the children. Is asking a member of the OP Task Force to ring him back. He was with a group of 9 family and friends the night he saw the male in Portugal. He sounded quite shaken and worried whilst speaking to me.
-------------------------------------------

Martin Smith 2008.01.30 (English)
Additional statement from Martin Smith 2008.01.30 (English)

Detective Branch
Drogheda
County Lough

Re – Investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann

I took an additional statement from Mr Smith as requested. His wife does not want to make another statement. I showed him the video clip and he stated that it was not the clip that alerted him but the BBC news at 10 PM on 9th September 2007.
He has been contacted by numerous tabloid press looking for stories. He has been contacted by Mr Brian Kennedy who is supporting the McCann family to take part in a photo fit exercise. He has given no stories or helped in any photo fits. He sent a solicitor's letter to six papers in relation material that was printed that was misquoted. The Evening Herald paid his solicitor's fees and all papers printed an apology. His photograph appeared in another tabloid paper and this matter is being pursued at the moment.
I do not believe that Martin Smith is courting the press and my view his is a genuine person. He is known locally and is a very decent person.
Forwarded please
Sergeant
Liam Hogan

ETA. Admin didn't see GRACEFUL I's post in time. Should I delete this post?
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 14.10.13 16:46

Smokeandmirrors wrote:If the two e-fits are supposed to be one person seen by two witnesses, is it not likely they saw two different people as they look nothing alike. Based on this, what the hell is anyone supposed to remember? Two different generic faces six years on is pointless and misleading.
I agree. They look nothing alike. Seen at the same time by different family member, how can it varies so much.
One has pointed jaw/chin and another has a rectangle face with square jaw.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia 14.10.13 16:54

PeterMac wrote:Yes, I have just been sent a picture of the button trousers.  June 07 I think.
NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 <a href=NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Button10" />

not wearing a watch either !
What a finding,WOW.
I'm out of words!

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident
Ayniia
Ayniia

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 14.10.13 17:17

forgot which newspaper wrote this about Smithman

The images, based on statements from two key witnesses, differ – but each shows him with an intense stare and a hint of a smile.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 14.10.13 17:19

The Truth of the Lie
Goncalo Amaral

Chapter 20

AN IRISH FAMILY IN A STATE OF SHOCK

The McCann couple return to Great Britain after more than four months spent in the Algarve. It's an almost triumphant return. The media coverage is such that you'd think you were witnessing the liberation of hostages held for years in a far-off country. Gerald McCann is shown on television carrying his son, as he descends from the plane. The child's head is against Gerald's left shoulder and his arms dangling by his sides. Gerald walks across the tarmac, still holding his son closely against himself.

In Ireland, the Smiths are watching the BBC news, which is broadcasting the event. For them, it's a shock: that person, they recognise him. That way of carrying his child, that way of walking...It's the man they saw at around 10pm on May 3rd, with a little girl, who seemed to be deeply asleep, in his arms.

This image, brings back with a jolt, that of the man they encountered in the streets of Vila da Luz, on the evening of Madeleine's disappearance. It's as if the scene is repeating itself ....Mr Smith thinking he's hallucinating, sees the same report on other channels, ITV and Sky News. From that moment, he is sure: the man they came across that night was Gerald McCann. Of that there is very little doubt. Upset by the implications of this discovery, he alerts the police and waits to be called back by those in charge of the investigation.

When we receive this information, at the end of September, we think we finally have the piece that will allow us to complete the puzzle. Because of this, we may be able to reconstruct the course of events on that cold night of May 3rd in Vila da Luz. We have a better understanding of why Jane Tanner, "sent," the alleged abductor in the opposite direction to that taken by the man seen by the Smith family. Suspicion had to be diverted from Gerald who - if he was the guilty party - would have taken this route: leaving apartment 5A, the individual who was carrying the child, did not go east, towards Murat's house, but west in the direction of the beach.

We decide to get the Smiths back to the Algarve, for a formal identification of Gerry McCann - by means of televised images, certainly - direct confrontation being impossible - and possibly proceed to a reconstruction of the events of the night of May 3rd. The National Director of the Judiciary police agrees, the process is set in motion, all the details are sorted out; all that remains is to choose the hotel where they will be put up. But the Smiths were never to come back to Portugal. After my departure, the PJ were to change their minds. They asked the Irish police to proceed with interviewing the witness. That decision was to seriously delay the process since the Smiths were not interviewed until several months later. Meanwhile, rumours were to circulate and people not involved with the investigation would be made aware of the existence of this witness; someone allegedly even sought out contact with the family, without its being known to what end.
http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk/2009/06/chapter-20-irish-family-in-state-of.html
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Empty New member. Having met the McCanns....

Post by Mina76 14.10.13 20:05

...earlier this year, I was around them for a number of days. I won't say where because I do respect people's privacy, whoever or whatever they may be.
Being a follower but not an avid follower of the case, it did not click who they were at first, until I saw them together (that annoying thing where you are familiar with the faces, but couldn't immediately place them). The first thing I said to my OH was how cold and penetrating GM's eyes were and how unfortunate it was that he always looked like he had a rather smug smirk. The instant I saw these e-fits I said that they are two different views of GM. He has a wide square jaw from straight on that can make his face seem 'fat' or wide, but actually if he lowers or turns, he has quite a pointy chin. It's the hairline, the eyes and the mouth.  
Now obviously I didn't speak to them specifically about Maddie - but I was involved enough to be able to get a real gut instinct about their personalities. I'm a fairly sensible but intuitive person, and it was interesting the feelings I came away with. I have since read a lot more about the case (hence I am on here) and I can understand the uneasiness they caused me. This is an excellent forum and my instinct is that eventually the truth will out.
Mina76

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchen 14.10.13 20:09

Mina76 wrote:...earlier this year, I was around them for a number of days. I won't say where because I do respect people's privacy, whoever or whatever they may be.
Being a follower but not an avid follower of the case, it did not click who they were at first, until I saw them together (that annoying thing where you are familiar with the faces, but couldn't immediately place them). The first thing I said to my OH was how cold and penetrating GM's eyes were and how unfortunate it was that he always looked like he had a rather smug smirk. The instant I saw these e-fits I said that they are two different views of GM. He has a wide square jaw from straight on that can make his face seem 'fat' or wide, but actually if he lowers or turns, he has quite a pointy chin. It's the hairline, the eyes and the mouth.  
Now obviously I didn't speak to them specifically about Maddie - but I was involved enough to be able to get a real gut instinct about their personalities. I'm a fairly sensible but intuitive person, and it was interesting the feelings I came away with. I have since read a lot more about the case (hence I am on here) and I can understand the uneasiness they caused me. This is an excellent forum and my instinct is that eventually the truth will out.
I am sure everyone here will respect your delicate position. Thank you for your post very interesting.
kitchen
kitchen

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGoddess 14.10.13 20:12

Mina76 wrote:...earlier this year, I was around them for a number of days. I won't say where because I do respect people's privacy, whoever or whatever they may be.
Thank You for sharing :)..... it appears your instinct about them was correct, so here's hoping you are spot on with the 'truth will out'.

Activity : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 14.10.13 20:15

tasprin wrote:He has been contacted by Mr Brian Kennedy who is supporting the McCann family to take part in a photo fit exercise. He has given no stories or helped in any photo fits. He sent a solicitor's letter to six papers in relation to material that was printed that was...
One reason, but by no means the only one, which means that we should evaluate all of Martin Smith's statements with very great care.

Let it also be noted that he was already well acquainted with Robert Murat before his holiday there in 2007 - and that perhaps the highlight of his initial witness statement was to insist that the man says he saw carrying a child was not Robert Murat

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by gbwales 14.10.13 20:26

One thing Smith was very specific about right from the start was the carrying position. I know there is a wariness on possible motive, but interesting that he seemed to hit on this.

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
gbwales
gbwales

Activity : 303

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 14.10.13 20:46

Thank you for sharing and welcome.
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet 14.10.13 20:54

I do worry that we have had similar hopes in the past that the truth will finally be revealed....and have ended up more shocked than ever about the corruption and deception of our police, politicians and media. I so hope that Redwood will prove to be a man of integrity, working on behalf of our political truth seekers. But...
juliet
juliet

Activity : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL 14.10.13 20:58

juliet wrote:I do worry that we have had similar hopes in the past that the truth will finally be revealed....and have ended up more shocked than ever about the corruption and deception of our police, politicians and media. I so hope that Redwood will prove to be a man of integrity, working on behalf of our political truth seekers. But...
Sorry Juliet, but I reckon we're in for a BIG disappointment........the next hour will be awful..........sad sad sad
JackieL

Activity : 236

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenMind 14.10.13 20:58

juliet wrote:I do worry that we have had similar hopes in the past that the truth will finally be revealed....and have ended up more shocked than ever about the corruption and deception of our police, politicians and media. I so hope that Redwood will prove to be a man of integrity, working on behalf of our political truth seekers. But...
 Ditto,  swinging between holding out all hope and resigning myself to more of the same empathy

Activity : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL 14.10.13 20:58

Sorry Juliet, but I reckon we're in for a BIG disappointment........the next hour will be awful..........sad sad sad
JackieL

Activity : 236

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 14.10.13 21:01

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6f5dWv_r1girIgNcqp-7YOGKWMTVNhC9gWrNQorla3Eejw2jGJA

This was intended as a small thank you to the moderators but I can't find the thread so I've bought the snacks and drinks here to sustain us all through the premiere of 'Deconstruction - The Movie'

Cheers, everyone!
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by sofa 14.10.13 21:03

Is it me or Kate looked petrified??
sofa

Activity : 53

Back to top Go down

NEW E-Fits?- Express Maddy: Pictures of new suspect - Page 6 Empty Thanks

Post by Mina76 14.10.13 21:03

Thanks for the welcomes and I'm very glad to have spent an hour or so reading the wonderful work that has been going on here.
I debated for a long time whether to sign up, as I don't usually join up to things like this. I'm grateful also to not be pressed on a delicate issue. There is much I would like to say, but anything I would say would be very subjective and based on personal opinion rather than fact, so I don't feel it adds anything substantial to the factual work done here. 
I left the few days behind with my own theories about the psychology of G and K. All I would feel comfortable saying is that she is a very pained lady carrying a big strain, but as to what that strain actually is, is the question, and of course, I have my own theories - especially as a mother. But that e-fit is glaringly obvious.
Mina76

Activity : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 14.10.13 21:07

sofa wrote:Is it me or Kate looked petrified??
It's not just you.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet 14.10.13 22:35

And it was all presented as brand new shiny fresh amazing revelations!!! Kirstie Young and the bbc reporter seemed utterly agog "history is being made here!" . Are these media types wilfully stupid or as corrupt as their masters? Is the Young woman like Lorraine Kelly paid to be thick?
juliet
juliet

Activity : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGoddess 14.10.13 23:00

juliet wrote:And it was all presented as brand new shiny fresh amazing revelations!!! Kirstie Young and the bbc reporter seemed utterly agog "history is being made here!" . Are these media types wilfully stupid or as corrupt as their masters? Is the Young woman like Lorraine Kelly paid to be thick?
mmm what was all that about??

Activity : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 15.10.13 5:12

sharonl wrote:Can I remind everyone that according to Redwood himself, this information and the e-fits are 'new and substantive', and the press has variously described them as;

significant
very significant
breakthrough
shattering

etc. etc.

Not convinced this is the Smith sighting they are talking about yet - if it is, clearly none of those words above apply.

But with 27 minutes of reconstruction to view, who knows, there may be a lot more, which will justify the extravagant claims of the past two weeks.

I think that Tony and 'Peewit' (welcome by the way) suggested that the only way they could obtain extra time for the abduction would be to knock Jane Tanner out of the equation - thereby creating a window for the alleged abductor not of 3-5 minutes but of 45-50 minutes.

But this would cause problems for the investigation and those who relied on Tanner's statement.

The search would have to go on for 'Tanner Man'.

After all, Tanner gave a detailed description of the child's pyjamas which exactly matched what Madeleine was wearing.

Gerry and Kate would have to explain why they talked to the world on 25 May giving out Jane Tanner's description.

Russell O'Brien and the group would have to explain why they gave a misleading set of timelines written out on the ripped-out cover of Madeleine's book.

The Tapas 9 would have to explain why they retained Jane's sighting in their composite statement of 10 May.

Kate's book would have to be changed to remove Tanner Man and explain how Jane Tanner got it wrong.

The images that Melissa Little drew up for Brian Kennedy would have to be discarded.

And so on...  

Plus if it is the Smith sighting how to explain the political interference to not further investigate that.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top