The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Brenda Ryan writes: "Don't gatecrash the Crimewatch party"

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Brenda Ryan writes: "Don't gatecrash the Crimewatch party"

Post by MoonGoddess on 12.10.13 17:41

@tasprin wrote:I used to read that forum and remember BR's avatar which was particularly offensive. However, one other thing I do recall (I don't know if anyone else does) is that at one time there was a spate of posts from pro-McCanns making horrendous allegations about members of BR's family (the worst). I have no idea why she switched and I'm probably wrong about this but it seems to me they were out to get her one way or another. IMO the majority of the pros are connected to members of the Tapas 9 (not just the McCanns) and I doubt these accusations would have been made if BR had been a plant or a pro in disguise. Her change of heart may have been as a result of legal pressure and instead of suing her, and taking her house, they chose to make a deal with her which involved a huge public apology in writing (and produce supportive missives as and when required) in the hope that others would follow her example. IMO the Express Group was subject to a similar agreement.
I agree with galena... that does sound plausible.... but I would also question whether 3A's could have been set up to gauge public opinion[MMU].... absolutely nothing would surprise me now.... nothing

I guess when 3A's went down, so did everything written on it? I remember posting something written by Russell O'Brien, it was a pdf file regarding a medical seminar or suchlike that he'd  presented on 'Opiates', it contained clear instructions on how to resuscitate a child that had overdosed (ie making them vomit to eliminate the medicine).... I was stunned at how quickly that was whoosh clunked ... I wish I had the computer skills I have now, I would have saved it... I always believed his daughter being sick was induced....

MoonGoddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Upsy Daisy on 12.10.13 17:44

okay MRNOODLES....have I been asleep or something...where did you get that Avatar from?? Did you create it yourself or is the photo-fit in the files????????wft

Upsy Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 12.10.13 17:48

@Upsy Daisy wrote:okay MRNOODLES....have I been asleep or something...where did you get that Avatar from?? Did you create it yourself or is the photo-fit in the files????????wft
I can't take credit. I found it when I did an e-fit search.  So it's sort of borrowed laughat

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by galena on 12.10.13 18:11

@susible wrote:She originally used BJR, then decided she wasn't going to be anonymous anymore (everyone knew who she was anyway) so she changed her username to Bren (don't think she added the Ryan, but like I say everyone knew everything about her anyway, so it was a moot point)
Ah - I remember now.  There was another forum with was mainly pro which I used to post on for a while - I remember quite a few posters having a go at her then.  I didn't realise that she had changed her view though so if it was meant to make quite a stir with the internet community then I guess it didn't have the desired effect on me.

galena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by galena on 12.10.13 18:15

@MoonGoddess wrote:
@tasprin wrote:I used to read that forum and remember BR's avatar which was particularly offensive. However, one other thing I do recall (I don't know if anyone else does) is that at one time there was a spate of posts from pro-McCanns making horrendous allegations about members of BR's family (the worst). I have no idea why she switched and I'm probably wrong about this but it seems to me they were out to get her one way or another. IMO the majority of the pros are connected to members of the Tapas 9 (not just the McCanns) and I doubt these accusations would have been made if BR had been a plant or a pro in disguise. Her change of heart may have been as a result of legal pressure and instead of suing her, and taking her house, they chose to make a deal with her which involved a huge public apology in writing (and produce supportive missives as and when required) in the hope that others would follow her example. IMO the Express Group was subject to a similar agreement.
I agree with galena... that does sound plausible.... but I would also question whether 3A's could have been set up to gauge public opinion[MMU].... absolutely nothing would surprise me now.... nothing

I guess when 3A's went down, so did everything written on it? I remember posting something written by Russell O'Brien, it was a pdf file regarding a medical seminar or suchlike that he'd  presented on 'Opiates', it contained clear instructions on how to resuscitate a child that had overdosed (ie making them vomit to eliminate the medicine).... I was stunned at how quickly that was whoosh clunked ... I wish I had the computer skills I have now, I would have saved it... I always believed his daughter being sick was induced....
I really wish I had archived every single interesting thread on digispy, the mirror forums and the 3As - there was a lot of interesting stuff which I guess is now gone forever.  Like you I am slightly suspicious of the 3As - I agreed with much which was posted on it but there were also some wilder theories and threads  abusing the McCanns which did much to reinforce the image of evil internet trolls, which did much to discredit the forum as a whole.

galena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.10.13 18:32

@MRNOODLES wrote:
@Upsy Daisy wrote:okay MRNOODLES....have I been asleep or something...where did you get that Avatar from?? Did you create it yourself or is the photo-fit in the files????????wft
I can't take credit. I found it when I did an e-fit search.  So it's sort of borrowed laughat
And is it big enough for you?

(said the actress to the bishop) titter

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 12.10.13 18:33

Just leave them then and laugh at idiots.

They don't care anyway and the twins know what they're really like, know who they are living with more than we do let's watch what they end up doing in the end.

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 12.10.13 18:38

@admin wrote:
@MRNOODLES wrote:
And is it big enough for you?

(said the actress to the bishop) titter
Sorry admin is it too big? I'll change it if it is thumbsup

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL on 12.10.13 18:41

I miss the old Mirror Forum.

While the Mirror forum was still going, there was a lot of criticism of it by the more extreme anti-McCann posters  who'd left and gone to 3As - some of whom may have been deliberately sabotaging the Mirror forum perhaps.  When the Mirror forum was whoosh clunked, then we had nowhere to go but 3As, but at the time it felt like joining a lunatic fringe party in some backwater to be honest, although that may sound ungrateful, because as time went on it published some excellent work you couldn't get elsewhere, such as translations of the case files.  But some of the jokes / nicknames etc. on there seemed to be deliberately asking for trouble.

JackieL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonGoddess on 12.10.13 18:54

@galena wrote:
@MoonGoddess wrote:

I really wish I had archived every single interesting thread on digispy, the mirror forums and the 3As - there was a lot of interesting stuff which I guess is now gone forever.  Like you I am slightly suspicious of the 3As - I agreed with much which was posted on it but there were also some wilder theories and threads  abusing the McCanns which did much to reinforce the image of evil internet trolls, which did much to discredit the forum as a whole.
I don't know how extensive this is but it appears some bits were saved from 3A's.... bought back some memories :)

http://msngroup.aimoo.com/madeleinemccann/threearguidos.msnw.htm

and some Mirror Forum threads...

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/Mirror-Forum-Threads-1-68627

a bit hard to poke around on the sites but might appeal to some, so though I'd put it out there :)

MoonGoddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.10.13 18:56

I know that some people think that Bonnybraes was a pro McCann supporter all along whereas Bren was intimidated into shutting up. 

I think that hell would freeze over before I agreed to stop speaking out about the injustice of this case but who knows how other people might react when confronted by bully boys and legalised thugs.

Back to top Go down

Post by galena on 12.10.13 19:10

@MoonGoddess wrote:
@galena wrote:
@MoonGoddess wrote:

I don't know how extensive this is but it appears some bits were saved from 3A's.... bought back some memories :)

http://msngroup.aimoo.com/madeleinemccann/threearguidos.msnw.htm

and some Mirror Forum threads...

http://forum2.aimoo.com/MadeleineMcCann/Mirror-Forum-Threads-1-68627

a bit hard to poke around on the sites but might appeal to some, so though I'd put it out there :)
Thanks a lot - this brought back a lot of memories for me as well. I'd forgotten the M3 claim to bring Madeleine 'home for Christmas' (Christmas 2007) How things change smilie

galena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 12.10.13 19:36

@MRNOODLES wrote:Is it also just a coincidence that the 3As were mentioned in the libel trial, where this threat was allegedly made that nobody can recall reading?
Unless... She was a plant all along, a character to make troll threats with that they could use to garner public opinion and remain in the media. Prof cass sunstein who helped to champion the 'cognitive infiltration' of forums by government and PR companies talked about countering political views by placing extremists amongst them to put off the moderates and to discredit the groups as your average joe public would not want to associate with people making threats to kidnap the twins etc etc.

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie on 12.10.13 20:47

@loopzdaloop wrote:
@MRNOODLES wrote:Is it also just a coincidence that the 3As were mentioned in the libel trial, where this threat was allegedly made that nobody can recall reading?
Unless... She was a plant all along, a character to make troll threats with that they could use to garner public opinion and remain in the media. Prof cass sunstein who helped to champion the 'cognitive infiltration' of forums by government and PR companies talked about countering political views by placing extremists amongst them to put off the moderates and to discredit the groups as your average joe public would not want to associate with people making threats to kidnap the twins etc etc.
Believe me I am sure there are many plants. 

I used to be a member on Amazon and several posters said they were on here and MM site playing the anti McCann when they were in fact pros and found it a hoot that they could not be outed. 

Who they are I have no idea.

Beanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.10.13 20:51

I doubt that there are any long term pros on here.

They simply can't resist spitting their venom and they are quickly unplugged!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12.10.13 21:23

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I doubt that there are any long term pros on here.

Don't be so sure about that winkwink

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 12.10.13 21:39

@Beanie wrote:
@loopzdaloop wrote:

I used to be a member on Amazon and several posters said they were on here and MM site playing the anti McCann when they were in fact pros and found it a hoot that they could not be outed. 

Well if there are any on here UP YOURS I say.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie on 12.10.13 21:48

Plebgate

I am with you on that one.

For some reason I could not quote!

Beanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by galena on 12.10.13 22:27

@loopzdaloop wrote:
I suspect myself that the McCanns may not have minded the 3As at first -  as you say they could point at evil people slandering them on the internet - but then perhaps members got too close to the truth and it had to go.

galena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by susible on 13.10.13 12:11

@Beanie wrote:
@loopzdaloop wrote:

There have been quite a few sh*t stirrers as well, whose modus operandi was to "out" people as moles, pro's etc just for the sheer heck of it and to make themselves look important, when the bottom line was that they didn't care a jot about what happened to Madeleine, they were only interested in self publicity.  They could seem quite convincing at times, but if you dared to uncover them for the liars that they were, then you were on the list...

susible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 13.10.13 12:26

@admin wrote:
No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I doubt that there are any long term pros on here.

Don't be so sure about that winkwink
If that's the case then:

hi  to all the thing  lurking here!! Hope you are having an educational visit!!

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie on 13.10.13 17:50

Susible

I remember the terrible upset caused by trolls to many people on 3As. One poor poster has always stuck in my mind, as he gave me some valuable internet help, he was treated appallingly, his avatar was Rat on the beam. Does anyone know if he still posts and if everything turned out ok?

Beanie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.10.13 20:12

Bless her, Brenda is back. She has a group on Facebook called Madeleine McCann Case - The Real Facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.10.13 20:48

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Bless her, Brenda is back. She has a group on Facebook called Madeleine McCann Case - The Real Facts.
Have you got a link please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 22.10.13 22:32

http://www.facebook.com/groups/Madeleine.McCann.Case.The.Real.Facts/?ref=ts

It's difficult to get past the bit where she says that the myths are debunked by various sources - including Kate's book!

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum