The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

A DAY OF ACTION!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by Cristobell on 10.10.13 13:38

Enough is enough!  My cup is usually half full, but today it is struck a major leak!

I don't know what Monday's Crimewatch will reveal, but as the McCanns will be using it on their fundraising page, it is not unreasonable to think the worst.

Its about time we upped the ante, and used their own tactics right back at 'em!  I suggest on Tuesday, the day after, we all bombard MP's, Newspaper editors and whoever else we can think of with a very simple phrase 'WE WANT THE TRUTH' - with an appropriate tag to the Madeleine case.  The aforementioned is just a thought, someone may come up with something better. I think it should be something simple, that non committed doubters would be happy to pass on and share. 

This is still in very early planning stages, and I invite suggestions.  It may be we target one specific person, newpaper or MP, lets get our heads together and do something!

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by sallypelt on 10.10.13 13:40

@Cristobell wrote:Enough is enough!  My cup is usually half full, but today it is struck a major leak!

I don't know what Monday's Crimewatch will reveal, but as the McCanns will be using it on their fundraising page, it is not unreasonable to think the worst.

Its about time we upped the ante, and used their own tactics right back at 'em!  I suggest on Tuesday, the day after, we all bombard MP's, Newspaper editors and whoever else we can think of with a very simple phrase 'WE WANT THE TRUTH' - with an appropriate tag to the Madeleine case.  The aforementioned is just a thought, someone may come up with something better. I think it should be something simple, that non committed doubters would be happy to pass on and share. 

This is still in very early planning stages, and I invite suggestions.  It may be we target one specific person, newpaper or MP, lets get our heads together and do something!
What is baffling me, according to SY is, that "MP's will release information, when the time is ready". WTH have MPs to do with this? This is scary!

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.10.13 13:41

@sallypelt wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:Enough is enough!  My cup is usually half full, but today it is struck a major leak!

I don't know what Monday's Crimewatch will reveal, but as the McCanns will be using it on their fundraising page, it is not unreasonable to think the worst.

Its about time we upped the ante, and used their own tactics right back at 'em!  I suggest on Tuesday, the day after, we all bombard MP's, Newspaper editors and whoever else we can think of with a very simple phrase 'WE WANT THE TRUTH' - with an appropriate tag to the Madeleine case.  The aforementioned is just a thought, someone may come up with something better. I think it should be something simple, that non committed doubters would be happy to pass on and share. 

This is still in very early planning stages, and I invite suggestions.  It may be we target one specific person, newpaper or MP, lets get our heads together and do something!
What is baffling me, according to SY is, that "MP's will release information, when the time is ready". WTH have MPs to do with this? This is scary!
sallypelt:

MPS means 'Metropolitan Police Service'

Having said this, MPs actually have a lot to do with this!

The Metropolitan Police Service is answerable to Parliament.

MPs can ask questions about the expenditure on this case.

The voters voted in David Cameron in 2010. Rather than risk Rebekah Brooks 'running a week of bad headlines about Theresa May, Home Secretary', he capitualted to her threats and ordered a review which, so far, has lasted two-and-a-haf years and cost around £6 million - and has prodcued absolutely nothing to show for it apart from - now - a Crimewatch broadcast featuring (yet another) 'bloke seen near the apartment'.

MPs are there to respond to consituents' concerns and ask searching questions of the government.

Everyone of us on this forum who lives in the U.K. has a Member of Parliament whom we can contact.

Websites exist where you can e-mail or fax your questions to an MP almost instantly.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by sallypelt on 10.10.13 13:44

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:Enough is enough!  My cup is usually half full, but today it is struck a major leak!

I don't know what Monday's Crimewatch will reveal, but as the McCanns will be using it on their fundraising page, it is not unreasonable to think the worst.

Its about time we upped the ante, and used their own tactics right back at 'em!  I suggest on Tuesday, the day after, we all bombard MP's, Newspaper editors and whoever else we can think of with a very simple phrase 'WE WANT THE TRUTH' - with an appropriate tag to the Madeleine case.  The aforementioned is just a thought, someone may come up with something better. I think it should be something simple, that non committed doubters would be happy to pass on and share. 

This is still in very early planning stages, and I invite suggestions.  It may be we target one specific person, newpaper or MP, lets get our heads together and do something!
What is baffling me, according to SY is, that "MP's will release information, when the time is ready". WTH have MPs to do with this? This is scary!
sallypelt:

MPS means 'Metropolitan Police Service'  
Phew!! Thanks, Tony. I am getting paranoid thanks

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MPs

Post by Pyewacket on 10.10.13 13:53

Continuing Sally's thread: A good start might be the current Home Secretary.

Rt Hon Theresa May MP
Home Secretary
2 Marsham Street
London
SW1P 4DF

public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or:
tmay@parliament.uk

Pyewacket

Posts : 72
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by sallypelt on 10.10.13 13:55

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:Enough is enough!  My cup is usually half full, but today it is struck a major leak!

I don't know what Monday's Crimewatch will reveal, but as the McCanns will be using it on their fundraising page, it is not unreasonable to think the worst.

Its about time we upped the ante, and used their own tactics right back at 'em!  I suggest on Tuesday, the day after, we all bombard MP's, Newspaper editors and whoever else we can think of with a very simple phrase 'WE WANT THE TRUTH' - with an appropriate tag to the Madeleine case.  The aforementioned is just a thought, someone may come up with something better. I think it should be something simple, that non committed doubters would be happy to pass on and share. 

This is still in very early planning stages, and I invite suggestions.  It may be we target one specific person, newpaper or MP, lets get our heads together and do something!
What is baffling me, according to SY is, that "MP's will release information, when the time is ready". WTH have MPs to do with this? This is scary!
sallypelt:

MPS means 'Metropolitan Police Service'

Having said this, MPs actually have a lot to do with this!

The Metropolitan Police Service is answerable to Parliament.

MPs can ask questions about the expenditure on this case.

The voters voted in David Cameron in 2010. Rather than risk Rebekah Brooks 'running a week of bad headlines about Theresa May, Home Secretary', he capitualted to her threats and ordered a review which, so far, has lasted two-and-a-haf years and cost around £6 million - and has prodcued absolutely nothing to show for it apart from - now - a Crimewatch broadcast featuring (yet another) 'bloke seen near the apartment'.

MPs are there to respond to consituents' concerns and ask searching questions of the government.

Everyone of us on this forum who lives in the U.K. has a Member of Parliament whom we can contact.

Websites exist where you can e-mail or fax your questions to an MP almost instantly.
Tony, I've worked with many of them. Don't expect too much. They only do what suits themselves.

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by Cristobell on 10.10.13 14:01

I'm liking the idea of Theresa May.  We may all be incensed come Tuesday morning.  I am still trying to get my head around taxpayer funded review and BBC programme being uploaded to McCanns Fundraising site?  They will get thousands if not millions, of hits, bet they get their paypal button in good working order!

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by gbwales on 10.10.13 14:11

It may be an idea to try and create a basic template that bullet-points all issues arising from the programme that people can copy and paste from here - along, perhaps, with a concise set of other notes about issues with the case that we believe need addressing/investigating - and that then any who wish to contact MPs, BBC, media etc have the bare bones and can also ensure they flesh it out with their own words/message so it can't be brushed off as any kind of spamming campaign?

____________________
"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere and I go everywhere."

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by Cristobell on 10.10.13 14:22

@gbwales wrote:It may be an idea to try and create a basic template that bullet-points all issues arising from the programme that people can copy and paste from here - along, perhaps, with a concise set of other notes about issues with the case that we believe need addressing/investigating - and that then any who wish to contact MPs, BBC, media etc have the bare bones and can also ensure they flesh it out with their own words/message so it can't be brushed off as any kind of spamming campaign?
Yes, I agree, concise and hardhitting.  I think it should include reference to £3m or whatever the McCanns have already got through, and figures spent on review/investigation.  The dog alerts, the not looking.  The things that convinced us this case is a scam. I don't know if we should compose it now, or wait until after the programme where there may (or indeed may not) be direct things to challenge?

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by jeanmonroe on 10.10.13 14:25

Has anyone received a 'reply' from the Crimewatch people regarding 'Madeleine WAS 'abducted' on their web page?

Or, indeed, has anyone received a reply from the BBC/Crimewatch people answering any of the questions that they have been 'asked'?

I haven't!

And i sent loads!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by sharonl on 10.10.13 14:27

@gbwales wrote:It may be an idea to try and create a basic template that bullet-points all issues arising from the programme that people can copy and paste from here - along, perhaps, with a concise set of other notes about issues with the case that we believe need addressing/investigating - and that then any who wish to contact MPs, BBC, media etc have the bare bones and can also ensure they flesh it out with their own words/message so it can't be brushed off as any kind of spamming campaign?
 We have on this very forum PeterMac's excellent letter to Ctrimewatch.

You could simply send that.

Or add to it.

Or summarise it if you think it's too long.

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3567
Reputation : 419
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by Cristobell on 10.10.13 14:29

I think concise statistics might help too, stats that show how many stranger abductions, how many turn out to involve family/friends etc. Good to show just how unlikely the scenario they are trying to sell us, is.  I am hoping we can all contribute, as I can never seem to find exactly what I am looking for and some have a gift for it.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by gbwales on 10.10.13 14:30

PeterMac's writing's are certainly excellent at homing in on the key points.

I think given that we would probably intend to cover the problems with the programme and/in relation to problems with the case, it's a matter of editing down.

But - yes, probably a fine starting point thumbup

____________________
"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere and I go everywhere."

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by Cristobell on 10.10.13 14:30

@sharonl wrote:
@gbwales wrote:It may be an idea to try and create a basic template that bullet-points all issues arising from the programme that people can copy and paste from here - along, perhaps, with a concise set of other notes about issues with the case that we believe need addressing/investigating - and that then any who wish to contact MPs, BBC, media etc have the bare bones and can also ensure they flesh it out with their own words/message so it can't be brushed off as any kind of spamming campaign?
 We have on this very forum PeterMac's excellent letter to Ctrimewatch.

You could simply send that.

Or add to it.

Or summarise it if you think it's too long.
We do indeed Sharon, and if we don't use it, in its entirety, we can link to it for those who want further information.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by sallypelt on 10.10.13 14:31

@Cristobell wrote:I'm liking the idea of Theresa May.  We may all be incensed come Tuesday morning.  I am still trying to get my head around taxpayer funded review and BBC programme being uploaded to McCanns Fundraising site?  They will get thousands if not millions, of hits, bet they get their paypal button in good working order!
Christobell, the only hope I have now is, SY is saying that what we are hearing is speculation, and they haven't given out any information, and will not be giving any at this moment in time. Up until yesterday, and knowing how the police work, I was quietly confident, but with all this misinformation coming out, I have started to get the jitters. I can live with NO information from the police, but when we are told they are liaising with the McCann's, who were suspects in this case, then I get to thinking I should turn off the pc and go and do something else.

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by marconi on 10.10.13 14:32

where did you get this news from. is if official?

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by sharonl on 10.10.13 14:34

@jeanmonroe wrote:Has anyone received a 'reply' from the Crimewatch people regarding 'Madeleine WAS 'abducted' on their web page?

Or, indeed, has anyone received a reply from the BBC/Crimewatch people answering any of the questions that they have been 'asked'?

I haven't! And I sent loads!
It's good that you've written. However, the makers of the Crimewatch programme are under no obligation to answer; they can choose whether to reply or not as the case may be.

However, if you or anyone else feels that, having seen the programme, it is unfair OR misleading OR untruthful OR biased OR inaccurate etc. etc., you then have two avenues of complaint:

1 To the BBC

2. The Metropolitan Police.

Both of these must answer your complaints.

I created a thread with the links to the complaints procedures if you want to complain, it's headed 'Complaints'.

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3567
Reputation : 419
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by sharonl on 10.10.13 14:37

@sallypelt wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:I'm liking the idea of Theresa May.  We may all be incensed come Tuesday morning.  I am still trying to get my head around taxpayer funded review and BBC programme being uploaded to McCanns Fundraising site?  They will get thousands if not millions, of hits, bet they get their paypal button in good working order!
Christobell, the only hope I have now is, SY is saying that what we are hearing is speculation, and they haven't given out any information, and will not be giving any at this moment in time. Up until yesterday, and knowing how the police work, I was quietly confident, but with all this misinformation coming out, I have started to get the jitters.  I can live with NO information from the police, but when we are told they are liaising with the McCann's, who were suspects in this case, then I get to thinking I should turn off the pc and go and do something else.
That is very understandable.

Most of us have hope about things in life. We like to be optimistic, not cynical.

Many of us hoped that this Scotland Yard review would be a genuine review.

It looks increasingly like it's not.

Turn off the pc by all means for a while - but come back refreshed and ready to help uncover the truth.

And just one other word of encouragement.

Look at the recent statistics of viewers on this forum.

They will tell you that every night, at any one time, there are betwen 300 and 450 people looking at this forum.

There are tens of thousands visiting here every day.

But ask anyone else who runs a forum or website or blog that doubts the McCanns.

The stats are all going up, up, up during recent weeks.

Every time there is news about the McCanns, people ask what really happened to Madeleine McCann, and they are finding out, through places like this.

The same with YouTube videos - HideHo's videos are getting thousands of extra hits a day right now for example.

____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3567
Reputation : 419
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by marconi on 10.10.13 15:02

this is as true as the abductor is.

I am not concerned.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by ultimaThule on 10.10.13 15:08

May I ask you to please take the time to read this article from today Daily Express?  I'm beyond gobsmacked that this newspaper has allowed itself to be used as a vehicle to transmit this message "The time will soon come when Kate can help shut up her accuser for good" to the Defendant in court proceedings which were institigated and relentlessly pursued by the McCanns. 


Perhaps I'm overreacting but, to me, these words are tantamount to a threat of physical harm or worse being caused to Dr Amaral.


Madeleine McCann police have new suspect
A NEW image of a potential suspect for the kidnap of Madeleine McCann could provide a dramatic breakthrough in the case.

By: John Twomey
Published: Thu, October 10, 2013

Detectives plan to release the picture in the next few days as part of a major television appeal, which will include an appearance by Madeleine's parents.

Police declined to discuss the image - which is believed to be a computer generated e-fit - but it is understood to be a central part of the fresh material gathered by Operation Grange, the Scotland Yard investigation into the little girl's disappearance.

Kate and Gerry McCann have been shown the picture of the mystery figure seen close to the holiday apartment in Portugal from where the three-year-old was snatched in May 2007.

It will feature prominently on BBC's Crimewatch which is due to be broadcast on Monday night.

Police and the programme makers are hopeful the appeal will be a big step forward in the quest for the truth about what happened to Madeleine.

A source close to her family said: "Everyone on the team is hoping and praying that it brings the McCanns the breakthrough they so desperately need."

Madeleine, who would now be 10, vanished days before her fourth birthday.

The Crimewatch appeal is a significant stage in Operation Grange, which was launched in May 2011 after the McCanns appealed directly to Prime Minister David Cameron for help. Detectives have identified 41 possible suspects.

The list includes 15 Britons, although three are expected to be ruled out of the inquiry in the next few days.

A Yard spokesman said yesterday: "We are not prepared to discuss, comment or speculate on the content of the upcoming appeal in relation to the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

"This has been weeks in the planning and each element of the investigation must be set into the overall context of the appeal. "We will be asking for help from the public in a number of countries, delivered through a series of public appeals. "We will do nothing to jeopardise the effectiveness of these appeals.

"The police will release the relevant material at the relevant time."

NB: I've removed the photo of the stomach churning pair which was featured here with the caption below
Everyone on the team is hoping and praying that it brings the McCanns the breakthrough they so desperately need
Last week, the Yard revealed officers are attempting to discover all those who were in the vicinity of the family's Ocean Club apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve by analysing mobile phone records. The vast majority of mobile phone users will be cleared, leaving a relatively small number - - which could include the kidnappers.

Meanwhile, former GP Mrs McCann is confident of winning the right to appear before a Lisbon court to speak out against retired Portuguese police chief Goncalo Amaral. She and Gerry are suing Mr Amaral, 56, for libel over claims in his 2008 book The Truth Of The Lie.

They are also taking action against the book's publishers and the makers of a Portuguese television documentary. Clarence Mitchell, the couple's spokesman, said yesterday: "Kate is obviously the best person to describe the effect that Mr Amaral's book has had on the search for Madeleine and the awful effect this has had on her as Madeleine's mother and the wider McCann family. "She will give evidence if she is given the opportunity."

If Judge Maria Emilia Melo e Castro rules in favour of Mrs McCann, she could give evidence at the end of next month. A family source said: "The time will soon come when Kate can help shut up her accuser for good.

"She is hopeful that the judge will grant her application to give evidence in the libel trial and she will definitely be prepared to go back for that."

The McCanns, both 45, from Rothley, Leicestershire, are very pleased with the level of cooperation between the authorities in London and Lisbon.

The source added: "All they want to do is put an end to the wicked lies Mr Amaral is making in his book which he insists come from his theories when he was in charge of the investigation."

Scotland Yard detectives are not allowing the libel trial to distract them from their investigation. The source said: "Their only focus is on finding out what happened to Madeleine."

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by nobodythereeither on 10.10.13 17:27

@ultimaThule wrote:May I ask you to please take the time to read this article from today Daily Express?  I'm beyond gobsmacked that this newspaper has allowed itself to be used as a vehicle to transmit this message "The time will soon come when Kate can help shut up her accuser for good" to the Defendant in court proceedings which were institigated and relentlessly pursued by the McCanns. 


Perhaps I'm overreacting but, to me, these words are tantamount to a threat of physical harm or worse being caused to Dr Amaral.

I  think it's a terrible thing to say and a terrible thing for the Daily Express to print (except you could say that they are just showing her true colours), but I don't interpret it as an intention to harm Dr Amaral, just that she wants to stop his so-called accusations.

nobodythereeither

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by Guest on 10.10.13 18:16

I think that the Daily Express is actually doing its best to alert people to the other side of the story.  

The sainted one can't silence everyone who doesn't believe her but whether anyone in authority is prepared to listen seems very debatable at the moment.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by Cheshire Cat on 10.10.13 19:14

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I think that the Daily Express is actually doing its best to alert people to the other side of the story.  

The sainted one can't silence everyone who doesn't believe her but whether anyone in authority is prepared to listen seems very debatable at the moment.
I purchased a copy of the Sun yesterday purely for research purposes. Nothing McCann at all apart from a tiny readers letter tucked away in the back pages.

Cheshire Cat
Madeleine Foundation

Posts : 660
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2010-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A gifted prophet

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.10.13 19:29

@ultimaThule wrote: A family source said: "The time will soon come when Kate can help shut up her accuser for good".
This sounds a bit like an Old Testament prophecy.

It has the ring of authority about it, almost as if the prophet can bring this about himself, or persuade the Almighty to make it happen.

I wonder if it will be fulfilled as completely as this one below has been?

It was made on 28 June 2007 by Dr Gerald McCann, which had a similar 'ring of certainty' about it, i.e. 'No Doubt'.

"I have no doubt we will be able to sustain a high profile for Madeleine’s disappearance in the long-term".

6 years and 4 months later, with that Crimewatch Special just four days away now, and featuring the work of 37 (now 43) of the Met's finest, this gifted prophet could not have proved more accurate.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13975
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A DAY OF ACTION!

Post by Guest on 10.10.13 20:27

I expect knowing this lot it will be in the papers next............


Sara@SafariSara 40s
HATE campaigners plan to disrupt Crimewatch appeal for missing child http://mccannhateexposed.pbworks.com/w/page/69872297/Anti-McCann%20response%20to%20Crimewatch%20Appeal%202013 … Please RT #McCann

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum