The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Complaints to the BBC and the Metropolitan Police

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Complaints to the BBC and the Metropolitan Police

Post by sharonl on 09.10.13 21:49

Should anyone feel they have grounds for complaint about the forthcoming 'Crimewatch Special' on the Madeleine McCann case on Monday (14 October) - if it goes ahead - here are the main links showing you how you can do so:

BBC TRUST:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

OFCOM do NOT get involved, see here:

If your complaint relates to matters of due impartiality, due accuracy, bias or commercial references (with the exception of the relevant product placement rules: see Section Nine of Ofcom’s Broadcasting Code) in BBC programming, please make a complaint directly to the BBC.

The BBC Trust regulates these areas rather than Ofcom.

The Ofcom Broadcasting Code contains rules relating to such matters on commercial services, but under the terms of the Communications Act the BBC is not licensed by Ofcom in the same way as the commercial broadcasters, and to reflect this situation a Memorandum of Understanding exists between Ofcom and the BBC Trust. So the BBC is ultimately accountable to the BBC Trust with regard to these areas.

The BBC has a formal complaints process and complaints should be escalated with them in the first instance, as outlined in the BBC’s complaints handling procedures on its website.

METROPOLITAN POLICE

http://content.met.police.uk/Site/complaints

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Complaints to the BBC and the Metropolitan Police

Post by MRNOODLES on 09.10.13 21:56

As a matter of interest. In my past experience OFCOM don't get involved with the BBC.  I've had in writing from them in the past saying roughly, they police themselves over broadcasting standards.

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 09.10.13 22:14

@MRNOODLES wrote:As a matter of interest. In my past experience OFCOM don't get involved with the BBC.  I've had in writing from them in the past saying roughly, they police themselves over broadcasting standards.
You are quite right, I have duly amended the OP:

If your complaint relates to matters of due impartiality, due accuracy, bias or commercial references (with the exception of the relevant product placement rules: see Section Nine of Ofcom’s Broadcasting Code) in BBC programming, please make a complaint directly to the BBC.

The Ofcom Broadcasting Code contains rules relating to such matters on commercial services, but under the terms of the Communications Act the BBC is not licensed by Ofcom in the same way as the commercial broadcasters, and to reflect this situation a Memorandum of Understanding exists between Ofcom and the BBC Trust. So the BBC is ultimately accountable to the BBC Trust with regard to these areas.

The BBC has a formal complaints process and complaints should be escalated with them in the first instance, as outlined in the BBC’s complaints handling procedures on its website.

UNQUOTE

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic on 10.10.13 9:52

@sharonl wrote:Should anyone feel they have grounds for complaint about the forthcoming 'Crimewatch Special' on the Madeleine McCann case on Monday (14 October) - if it goes ahead - here are the main links showing you how you can do so:

BBC TRUST:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

OFCOM do NOT get involved, see here:

METROPOLITAN POLICE

http://content.met.police.uk/Site/complaints
To be honest what is there to complain about and what is the point it wont change the mets game plan and such tactics play right into team mccanns hands

Sceptic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Slave on 10.10.13 12:49

@MRNOODLES wrote:As a matter of interest. In my past experience OFCOM don't get involved with the BBC.  I've had in writing from them in the past saying roughly, they police themselves over broadcasting standards.
 Mr. Noodles...I LOVE your avatar.

The Slave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum