The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article - Page 2 Mm11

Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article - Page 2 Mm11

Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article - Page 2 Regist10

Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by Cristobell 07.10.13 13:51

Shrike wrote:I've just listened to GMs "expert" statement on BBC 4 News at One programme, press regulation and Royal Charter.

Sounds very calm telling everybody, as a "victim" of press intrusion, how the press version of the charter will not be enough to keep them under control.

Seems like we could be hearing a lot more from our mate - and expert - Gerry in the future. Guess he will not be expertly saying anything about the way he and his supporters used the press to destroy his "enemies" who dare to question his version of things.

At least the BBC did not use the term "abduction" this time unlike there info for the Crimewatch programme. Maybe our messages got through to them - they are calling it a "disappearance" here.

He does not want to comment on questions relating to the reconstruction as well, as expected, and maybe the press are fighting back now behind the scenes.
Surely the reconstruction is a good thing.  Why not publicise?  They did a number of interviews asking us to watch their own Emma Loach drama-doc and they are being given a television spot to broadcast their appeal.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by marxman 07.10.13 13:56

Cherry Blossom wrote:
paddinton wrote:Link to ITV News video

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-10-07/mccann-dad-encouraged-by-new-madeleine-evidence/
Thanks for link paddinton, sick bucket again
it appears that Gerry is talking to a brick wall, hence the studio set
marxman

Activity : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 07.10.13 13:57

pennylane wrote:
Cristobell wrote:I don't see a confident Gerry here at all.  There is a huge gulp when he is asked about the Scotland Yard investigation, and he is still reeling out stock answers, eg, find Madeleine and those responsible for taking her.  They always including finding the abductor too, rather than finishing the sentence, 'find Madeleine'.  If he is excited about the new developments, there is no sign of it.  We have many examples of the 'gleeful' and 'excited' Gerry to compare, especially from the heady days in the summer of 2007 when the Fund was stacking up.  I actually think he sounds resigned, 'we are, where we are' (a new one, that we will probably see a lot of), as though he were a man with the wind knocked out of his sails.  He (finally) refrained from knocking the press, opting not to mix things up (that'll be a first), and strangely didn't take the opportunity to blame all his woes on Goncalo Amaral, or shout out to Portugal that Scotland Yard believes them innocent.
I think the Libel Trial is knocking the wind clean out of their sales, especially since the whitewash is ramping up a gear.  It's all very unfortunate, hence this massive overload of spin.  I will wager that the Crimewatch show leaves no doubt to the masses that Madeleine was abducted by a stranger, and that Andy Redwood makes it abundantly clear that he 'genuinely believes Madeleine could still be alive.'
I really cannot fathom what Andy Redwood is up to Pennylane, I just cannot get past the bizarre decision to film the reconstruction in Spain.  Can't wait to see the explanation for that one.  I also wonder what he and his team make of the McCanns' refusal to participate, it makes a complete mockery of their 'we will do anything to find her (and her abductors)'.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 07.10.13 14:01

I've looked at the video of GM, and there appears to be a lot of tension in his throat. He his swallowing hard. Also, at the beginning of this video, he starts answering before the question is asked, but this may be due to editing.
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 07.10.13 14:13

Cristobell wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Cristobell wrote:I don't see a confident Gerry here at all.  There is a huge gulp when he is asked about the Scotland Yard investigation, and he is still reeling out stock answers, eg, find Madeleine and those responsible for taking her.  They always including finding the abductor too, rather than finishing the sentence, 'find Madeleine'.  If he is excited about the new developments, there is no sign of it.  We have many examples of the 'gleeful' and 'excited' Gerry to compare, especially from the heady days in the summer of 2007 when the Fund was stacking up.  I actually think he sounds resigned, 'we are, where we are' (a new one, that we will probably see a lot of), as though he were a man with the wind knocked out of his sails.  He (finally) refrained from knocking the press, opting not to mix things up (that'll be a first), and strangely didn't take the opportunity to blame all his woes on Goncalo Amaral, or shout out to Portugal that Scotland Yard believes them innocent.
I think the Libel Trial is knocking the wind clean out of their sales, especially since the whitewash is ramping up a gear.  It's all very unfortunate, hence this massive overload of spin.  I will wager that the Crimewatch show leaves no doubt to the masses that Madeleine was abducted by a stranger, and that Andy Redwood makes it abundantly clear that he 'genuinely believes Madeleine could still be alive.'
I really cannot fathom what Andy Redwood is up to Pennylane, I just cannot get past the bizarre decision to film the reconstruction in Spain.  Can't wait to see the explanation for that one.  I also wonder what he and his team make of the McCanns' refusal to participate, it makes a complete mockery of their 'we will do anything to find her (and her abductors)'.
If this is a coverup, I'm certain Redwood and his team would'nt want the gruesome twosome doing the reconstruction either!  Plus they would know the McCanns wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.  I imagine it was adeptly steered in the direction it has ended up. Wouldn't be too difficult to do.... all things considered!   jmo.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 07.10.13 14:17

Cristobell wrote:
pennylane wrote:
This week's trial needs to be ramped up , Surly the Portuguese have now had enough of all this nonsense coming from the UK press , Scotland Yard , so called experts etc .

Because of the co-ordernated nature of this blitz of mis - information , there is no way SY are attempting to reel the McCann's in .  

It is now up to Portugal , to rubbish the claims ,not meekly going about subserviently stating , " we are helping the UK blah blah .. " .

Firstly a clear WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR ANYBODY ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS DISAPPEARaNCE 
Secondly get Murat back in and / or put pressure on him to speak out , i would be shouting from the rooftops if i had been accused of what they were alluding to [ the new Ian Huntley for EG ] .

Finally Amaral .  He must know due to all the above the game is up , WIN OR LOSE  you cannot beat the system , with unlimited funds etc , he should stand up and say exactly what he thinks . [ he will be ridiculed but what the heck ].

Gerry's ambition is politics ,a safe Labour seat in Scotland , will be the final insult . after all he IS dictating government policy whilst we speak . [ why do you think today was outside the GMC more gravitas ] 

Believe me every hand is on deck helping these two .
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.13 14:19

Rest of Sky interview

Gerry McCann says he is pleased with the progress being made in Scotland Yard's review of the search for his missing daughter.

He told Sky News he and his wife Kate were "very pleased with the work of the Metropolitan Police both during the review process and now that they have moved into an investigatory phrase.

"I think that is all that any parent would want when their child is missing.

"They've uncovered new evidence and we hope that the appeals that go out next week will lead to further new evidence that helps fill in pieces of the jigsaw and moves at least a step closer to finding Madeleine and those responsible."

The disappearance of Madeleine will be the subject of a Crimewatch appeal next Monday.

Scotland Yard assistant commissioner Mark Rowley said it is hoped it will produce new witnesses, but a conclusion to the case "is not imminent".

A reconstruction of the "latest, most detailed understanding" of the events around the time Madeleine went missing will be shown on BBC Crimewatch.

It comes after the Metropolitan Police revealed a vast log of mobile phone traffic could be the key to finding out what happened to the-then three-year-old.

Scotland Yard detectives have interviewed 442 people as part of their review-turned-investigation into Madeleine's disappearance. It has identified 41 people of interest, including 15 UK nationals.

They hope to track down as many people present in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on or around May 3, 2007, as possible.

Dr McCann, speaking outside the General Medical Council (GMC) in London, also said the press needed tougher, independent regulation in order to protect the lives of ordinary people.

He talked about need for speedy arbitration for victims of press intrusion and misreporting, in the light of the Leveson Inquiry, at which he gave evidence.

He said "Ordinary peoples lives are being damaged every day of the week by press intrusion, by lies being printed or exaggeration."

It "personally troubles him and his wife" that "stories are published with no regard to Madeleine's safety, to the investigation itself or whether they will be putting Madeleine or others in danger or alerting those responsible".

He highlighted the need for an independent body that could act quickly saying: "We have absolutely no confidence that the press barons can regulate themselves."

http://news.sky.com/story/1151246/madeleine-mccann-inquiry-making-progress

No video! It was quite a long interview, first talking about press regulations, Leveson ect, Sky for some unknown reason have ignored all that, wonder why?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by wilbeth 07.10.13 14:27

Gerry has blinked 63 (give or take 1 or 2) times in the first minute of that interview. I am no expert, so have just looked up what the norm is. 10 blinks per minute and only 3-4 time per min if you are reading something. Liars however blink less in the initial lie and up to 8 times faster after a lie. Enough said really!
wilbeth

Activity : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by marxman 07.10.13 14:29

Could it be a possibility that the reason the Crime-watch reconstruction is to be produced
in Spain, is due to the Portuguese constitution which prohibits any foreign law enforcement
authority operating on their Sovereign soil?
Furthermore, as the Portuguese investigation has been shelved pending new evidence, would
this situation also ensure that Portugal is not the place to hold this SY lead reconstruction?
marxman

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 07.10.13 14:31

marxman wrote:Could it be a possibility that the reason the Crime-watch reconstruction is to be produced
in Spain, is due to the Portuguese constitution which prohibits any foreign law enforcement
Furthermore, as the Portuguese investigation has been shelved pending new evidence, would
this situation also ensure that Portugal is not the place to hold this SY lead reconstruction?
No, if it was a law, a Judge could change it, in special circunstances.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 07.10.13 14:33

is Gerry wearing a hairpiece on the top of his head?
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.13 14:34

wilbeth wrote:Gerry has blinked 63 (give or take 1 or 2) times in the first minute of that interview. I am no expert, so have just looked up what the norm is. 10 blinks per minute and only 3-4 time per min if you are reading something. Liars however blink less in the initial lie and up to 8 times faster after a lie. Enough said really!
Hi willbeth, gosh that's a lot of blinks I''ll be counting their blinks now, if I can keep up with them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.13 14:34

marconi wrote:
marxman wrote:Could it be a possibility that the reason the Crime-watch reconstruction is to be produced
Well, they allowed the McCann's to film their own documentary there didn't they.  I don't really see much difference, and it is the BBC's Crimewatch filming.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by marxman 07.10.13 14:43

marconi wrote:
Are you sure? surely a judge's hands are tied to their constitution, and in the event of
special circumstances the PJ must have overall jurisdiction whilst working along side any
external investigative agents.
marxman

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 07.10.13 15:17

Why filming in Spain?

5a would be too painful for Kate.  And the Yard did not give up: in this case, let us go to spain!

the pj refused to broadcast their reconstruction.

Yard: no problem, come to spain and the BBC will broadcast it for you, next week.

all imo.
marconi

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 07.10.13 15:57

pennylane wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
pennylane wrote:
If this is a coverup, I'm certain Redwood and his team would'nt want the gruesome twosome doing the reconstruction either!  Plus they would know the McCanns wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.  I imagine it was adeptly steered in the direction it has ended up. Wouldn't be too difficult to do.... all things considered!   jmo.

I agree pennylane, I am certain that they will take any precaution to make it look as an abduction. Keeping the McCanns on the side line is part of that.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 07.10.13 16:00

marconi wrote:

Can you please show where in the Portuguese law it states that provision?

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice 07.10.13 16:01

This 'new evidence'of which GM speaks, who? what? where?  Surely new evidence is exactly what is required to re open the case in Portugal, they should contact the PJ right away.
Truthandjustice

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 07.10.13 16:03

Truthandjustice wrote:This 'new evidence'of which GM speaks, who? what? where?  Surely new evidence is exactly what is required to re open the case in Portugal, they should contact the PJ right away.

Maybe we should call Mcevidence. I don't think that counts for reopening the case. winkwink 

lj
lj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic 07.10.13 16:49

Dr McCann, speaking outside the General Medical Council (GMC) in London, also said the press needed tougher, independent regulation in order to protect the lives of ordinary people.

Bit of a side issue - but does anybody know why Gerry was at the GMC - what is their role/function
Sceptic

Activity : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 07.10.13 16:55

Amongst other things:

The role of the GMC

The purpose of the General Medical Council (GMC) is to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public by ensuring proper standards in the practice of medicine.

The law gives us four main functions under the Medical Act 1983:

• keeping up-to-date registers of qualified doctors
  • fostering good medical practice
  • promoting high standards of medical education and training
  • dealing firmly and fairly with doctors whose fitness to practise is in doubt.

Protecting the public

The General Medical Council is the independent regulator for doctors in the UK. Our statutory purpose is to protect, promote and maintain the health and safety of the public by ensuring proper standards in the practice of medicine.

We do that by controlling entry to the medical register and setting the standards for medical schools and postgraduate education and training. We also determine the principles and values that underpin good medical practice and we take firm but fair action where those standards have not been met.

We have strong and effective legal powers designed to maintain the standards the public have a right to expect of doctors. We are not here to protect the medical profession - their interests are protected by others. Our job is to protect patients.

Where any doctor fails to meet those standards, we act to protect patients from harm - if necessary, by removing the doctor from the register and removing their right to practise medicine.

Independence and accountability

Patients’ interests are best served by independent, accountable regulation. The GMC must be independent of government as the dominant provider of healthcare in the UK; independent of domination by any single group; and be publicly accountable for the discharge of its functions.

Independent, accountable regulation must:

• Put patient safety first
  • Support good medical practice
  • Promote fairness and equality and value diversity
  • Respect the principles of good regulation: proportionality, accountability, consistency, transparency and targeting

Our legal status

The General Medical Council (GMC) was established under the Medical Act of 1858.

Over time a range of new legislation has been introduced that defines our powers and responsibilities in the various areas of our work.

The GMC is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089278) and Scotland (SC037750).

Our governing body, the Council, has 12 members of which 6 are doctors and 6 are lay members, all appointed following an independent appointments process.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic 07.10.13 17:07

Thank you angelique - very interesting - one things for sure at this moment in time it will be very difficult for gerry mccann to concentrate 100% on his proffession
Sceptic

Activity : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.13 17:17

Ah, so true! But then, pray, what IS this profession?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 07.10.13 17:21

An interesting point Sceptic.

I've snipped this from the GMC website which Angelique kindly posted.

"Our governing body, the Council, has 12 members of which 6 are doctors and 6 are lay members, all appointed following an independent appointments process."

I had a little trawl around the website but there seems to be no mention of exactly who these 12 members are.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07.10.13 17:29

Yoho!

Bets are on:

1. dr Gerald McCann is a member;              Odds xxx to one
2. dr Gerald McCann is not a member;         Odds xxx to one
3. dr Kate Healy is a member;                    Odds xxx to one
4. dr Kate Healy is not a member;               Odds xxx to one

First prize: ringseat at the 2057 session of the xxxxx court of  (Lisboa, Strassbourg) in the case of McCs vs The Rest of The World
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top