The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by Guest on 07.10.13 22:09

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Portia wrote:ultimaThule
@Sceptic wrote:Dr McCann, speaking outside the General Medical Council (GMC) in London, also said the press needed tougher, independent regulation in order to protect the lives of ordinary people.

Bit of a side issue - but does anybody know why Gerry was at the GMC - what is their role/function
I suspect one of K&G's multiple lawyers practises out of NW1 or thereabouts, or Gezza was in London for other purposes, and Tinty Head his PR team thought it would bolster his image to be filmed/photographed outside the GMC building as a timely reminder that 'brave Gerry' is a 'doctor', a member of that most respected of professions which once included a certain Harold Shipman.
And Crippen
Although tried and hanged in London, England, for the crime of murdering his wife, Hawley Crippen was American.  He qualified in Michigan, USA, as a homeopathic physician and, as such, was not recognised or registered as a doctor by the GMC.

Despite 160+ of his patients having died in suspicious circumstances, Dr John Bodkin Adams (1899-1983) was tried and acquitted on one charge of murder.  He was subsequently tried and found guilty on an assortment of other charges including 13 of prescription fraud.   Dr Adams was removed from the Medical Register in 1957 ... and reinstated in 1961. 

Patients in the UK will no doubt be reassured not at the assiduous manner in which the GMC looks after its own.
Belle Ellmore, or was she the mistress, with him on that ocean liner to NY;
and wasn't this the first time a telegraph (or morse ?) was used?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by Beanie on 07.10.13 22:30

Only just catching up so have not read all the posts yet.

However, I am gobsmacked by Gerry's statement that HE IS THE VICTIM in all of this. What about Madeleine, has he forgotten about the situation she finds herself in?

Words fail me where Gerry is concerned and Kate for that matter, it is always me me me, ruthless and devoid of any compassion for others IMO.

Beanie

Posts : 238
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by russiandoll on 07.10.13 22:35




     ACTOR FOUND TO PLAY GERRY MCCANN IN THE CRIMEWATCH RECONSTRUCTION.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by Nereid on 07.10.13 22:36

@Portia wrote:In the early days, there was a mention about GM really being a redhead; dying his hair to dark brown a/o black

Anyone able to retrieve this? 

If so (continuous dying) that would explain his going bald at an early age now

If so II: how do a blonde (KH) and a redhead (GM) produce blonde offspring? 

Where is good old Mendel in all of this?
 
When Gerry was a boy he was a redhead.
 

 
Screen grab from the Centre for Missing Children youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgL-QjyFzyw
 
I know blondes often go darker when they age, but don't know if redheads do as well. If they do, I would imagine it'd be an auburn rather than brown.
 
Of course blonde and redheads can produce blonde-haired children, even brown haired or black haired. I actually think Kate is dark blonde, but as a child was a lighter blonde.

Nereid

Posts : 308
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by tasprin on 07.10.13 22:37

@russiandoll wrote:


     ACTOR FOUND TO PLAY GERRY MCCANN IN THE CRIMEWATCH RECONSTRUCTION.
uncanny

tasprin

Posts : 834
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by whmon on 07.10.13 22:39

@Portia wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:
@Portia wrote:ultimaThule
@Sceptic wrote:Dr McCann, speaking outside the General Medical Council (GMC) in London, also said the press needed tougher, independent regulation in order to protect the lives of ordinary people.

Bit of a side issue - but does anybody know why Gerry was at the GMC - what is their role/function
I suspect one of K&G's multiple lawyers practises out of NW1 or thereabouts, or Gezza was in London for other purposes, and Tinty Head his PR team thought it would bolster his image to be filmed/photographed outside the GMC building as a timely reminder that 'brave Gerry' is a 'doctor', a member of that most respected of professions which once included a certain Harold Shipman.
And Crippen
And so many more:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/angels/index.html

It's strange isn't it, or is it - that people with an agenda tend to gravitate towards professions that allow them to follow that agenda. Paedophiles become teachers, youth workers, nursery workers, priests etc. Control freaks may become traffic wardens, vicars, police (sorry Petermac!) and, looking at the link here, a certain type may gravitate towards the medical professions.

____________________
This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

Posts : 434
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-04-04
Location : Back of Beyond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

image is all

Post by juliet on 07.10.13 22:55

Back to the teeth braces: the mccanns used to have wonkier and less photogenic teeth as can be seen in photos from earlier years. There do seem to be thin horizontal wires on their teeth in those professional pics with the three children. The poor little girl looks very pale and uncertain in those photos imo.

juliet

Posts : 579
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by ultimaThule on 07.10.13 23:38

@Portia wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:Although tried and hanged in London, England, for the crime of murdering his wife, Hawley Crippen was American.  He qualified in Michigan, USA, as a homeopathic physician and, as such, was not recognised or registered as a doctor by the GMC.

Despite 160+ of his patients having died in suspicious circumstances, Dr John Bodkin Adams (1899-1983) was tried and acquitted on one charge of murder.  He was subsequently tried and found guilty on an assortment of other charges including 13 of prescription fraud.   Dr Adams was removed from the Medical Register in 1957 ... and reinstated in 1961. 

Patients in the UK will no doubt be reassured not at the assiduous manner in which the GMC looks after its own.
Belle Ellmore, or was she the mistress, with him on that ocean liner to NY;
and wasn't this the first time a telegraph (or morse ?) was used?
'Belle Ellmore' was the stage name of Crippen's 2nd wife, Corrine 'Cora' Turner.  His mistress was Ethel Neave aka as 'Le Neve' - she emigrated to the US on the day Crippen was hanged for murdering Cora. 

Crippen's case and that of the aforementioned Dr John Bodkin Adams have some passing relevance on these pages in that Adams' murder trial led to a number of precedents in law being established, some of which hold today, and in Crippen's case only a small portion of corpse was recovered from the cellar of his house which raised questions as to the identity of the victim.    

Neither case shows the police in a good light.  Adams got away with murder and it's probable Crippen would have escaped justice had he not run off with his lover to Antwerp immediately after his house was first searched.

Crippen and Le Neve, who was dressed as a boy, board the SS.Montrose bound for Canada.  The captain sent a 'wireless telegram' to shore voicing his suspicion that the fugitives were on board - Crippen was duly arrested before the ship docked in Quebec and subsequently returned to England. 

I seem to recall there was something noteworthy about the message but, as far as I know, the captain's message wasn't the first time this means of communication was used -maybe it was the first time use of this means of communication enabled a suspect to be apprehended on the high seas?  Perhaps another poster can shed some light on this?

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by nobodythereeither on 07.10.13 23:58

@ultimaThule wrote:
@plebgate wrote: Louboutin have started making suits for men.   big grin
Do they have red patches on the arse rear of the trousers which light up to indicate liar, liar, pants on fire? titter
I love your posts, ultimaThule big grin big grin big grin

nobodythereeither

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by ultimaThule on 08.10.13 0:10

@juliet wrote:Back to the teeth braces: the mccanns used to have wonkier and less photogenic teeth as can be seen in photos from earlier years.  There do seem to be thin horizontal wires on their teeth in those professional  pics with the three children. The poor little girl looks very pale and uncertain in those photos imo.
Your use of the word 'uncertain' particularly resonates with me, Juliet, as I can't recall seeing a photo or any footage of Madeleine McCann in which she looks truly happy in that eyes-shining kind of way when a child is doubled up with laughter or brimming over with joy or excitement. 

Obviously, I've not been privy to the entire McCann family album but in the brief videos of her I've seen she always seems hesitant, as if she's not accustomed to being able to express herself freely and is waiting for permission to do so.

What appears to be a bruise on her arm - attributed by Dr Kate to 'light sunburn' -in the photo where Madeleine is clutching tennis balls is particularly worrying as I've always had concern over why a healthy 3 year old would be described on more than one occasion by her mother as having 'a fear of pain'. 

What was this child's experience of pain that made her fear it so much?  Was she accident prone?  Did she have a medical record of hospital visits or stays as an inpatient where painful procedures were carried out?

There's a video somewhere which includes shots of Madeleine sitting at the bottom of (gated) stairs - the 'naughty' step? - when the twins crawl over and appear beside her.  Madeleine picks up a shoe (or shoes) and firmly (loudly) declares 'My shoe' (or shoes).  This piece of footage made me wonder what Madeleine had to call her own once the twins became mobile?

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by ultimaThule on 08.10.13 0:21

@nobodythereeither wrote:I love your posts, ultimaThule big grin big grin big grin
Thank you very much for the compliment but my previous post isn't very loveable, nobodythereeither (sad face emoticon) 

Hopefully, I'll soon return to taking the piss Michael out of the po-faced pair - it's hard work but someone's got to do it yes  (rolls up sleeves).

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by ultimaThule on 08.10.13 3:06

I've just had the most awful thought about suited and booted Gerry McCann blathering on about press regulation outside the GMC building. 

I sincerely hope this isn't a moment of prescience but it could be that the odious f*^!er his supreme arroganceness is shaping up to reinvent himself as the embodiment of gravitas, a man for all seasons, a safe pair of hands (no pun intended), champion of the put upon.

In short, he may be intending to follow his guru's lead and hairstyle by seeking nomination to the prospective candidate's list of any constituency that will have him and, aw jeez it gets worse, I have a sinking feeling that the worthy matrons of some party office or other will prove only too keen to clutch Gezza and his saintly spouse to their ample bosoms. 

It's probably a blessing that this revelation has occurred while the majority of posters on this site are frolicking blissfully unaware in the land of nod as I wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone else failing to sleep tonight...

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by aquila on 08.10.13 5:37

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread (please move as appropriate mods) but there is a large feature in today's DM re the launch of Elizabeth Smart's book.

Now maybe I'm becoming too cynical or it's just one of those many coincidences that we have come to expect but isn't it amazing how TM have launched their offensive re Madeleine is alive at the very same time as the Elizabeth Smart book launch.

Here is the Daily Mail link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442915/Elizabeth-Smart-reveals-kidnap-horror-My-Story-memoir.html

and here is the Daily Express link re the Madeleine article 'We'll find her alive'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/435128/Madeleine-McCann-We-ll-find-her-alive

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by Ribisl on 08.10.13 6:16

@ultimaThule wrote:I've just had the most awful thought about suited and booted Gerry McCann blathering on about press regulation outside the GMC building. 

I sincerely hope this isn't a moment of prescience but it could be that the odious f*^!er his supreme arroganceness is shaping up to reinvent himself as the embodiment of gravitas, a man for all seasons, a safe pair of hands (no pun intended), champion of the put upon.

In short, he may be intending to follow his guru's lead and hairstyle by seeking nomination to the prospective candidate's list of any constituency that will have him and, aw jeez it gets worse, I have a sinking feeling that the worthy matrons of some party office or other will prove only too keen to clutch Gezza and his saintly spouse to their ample bosoms. 

It's probably a blessing that this revelation has occurred while the majority of posters on this site are frolicking blissfully unaware in the land of nod as I wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone else failing to sleep tonight...
I always suspected GM's 'tunnel' vision was essentially two-fold. Money and to realise his political ambitions, whereas KM would more likely have been content with money and a bit of fame.

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by aquila on 08.10.13 6:23

@Ribisl wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:I've just had the most awful thought about suited and booted Gerry McCann blathering on about press regulation outside the GMC building. 

I sincerely hope this isn't a moment of prescience but it could be that the odious f*^!er his supreme arroganceness is shaping up to reinvent himself as the embodiment of gravitas, a man for all seasons, a safe pair of hands (no pun intended), champion of the put upon.

In short, he may be intending to follow his guru's lead and hairstyle by seeking nomination to the prospective candidate's list of any constituency that will have him and, aw jeez it gets worse, I have a sinking feeling that the worthy matrons of some party office or other will prove only too keen to clutch Gezza and his saintly spouse to their ample bosoms. 

It's probably a blessing that this revelation has occurred while the majority of posters on this site are frolicking blissfully unaware in the land of nod as I wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone else failing to sleep tonight...
I always suspected GM's 'tunnel' vision was essentially two-fold. Money and to realise his political ambitions, whereas KM would more likely have been content with money and a bit of fame.
I agree with this Ribisl,

One likes to spar the other likes to spa.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by Ribisl on 08.10.13 6:25

@aquila wrote:I'm not sure if this is the correct thread (please move as appropriate mods) but there is a large feature in today's DM re the launch of Elizabeth Smart's book.

Now maybe I'm becoming too cynical or it's just one of those many coincidences that we have come to expect but isn't it amazing how TM have launched their offensive re Madeleine is alive at the very same time as the Elizabeth Smart book launch.

Here is the Daily Mail link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442915/Elizabeth-Smart-reveals-kidnap-horror-My-Story-memoir.html

and here is the Daily Express link re the Madeleine article 'We'll find her alive'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/435128/Madeleine-McCann-We-ll-find-her-alive
I think we have all become rather cynical about all these coincidences and tend to suspect some clever marketing ploy at work.

But Madeleine was 3/4. There is no way she could have been kept as a sex slave all this time and if paedos were involved, as claimed by her parents, she would have been dead for a long time, sadly. Their pretence of hope for living Madeleine is simply illogical and therefore totally false.

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by aquila on 08.10.13 6:35

@Ribisl wrote:
@aquila wrote:I'm not sure if this is the correct thread (please move as appropriate mods) but there is a large feature in today's DM re the launch of Elizabeth Smart's book.

Now maybe I'm becoming too cynical or it's just one of those many coincidences that we have come to expect but isn't it amazing how TM have launched their offensive re Madeleine is alive at the very same time as the Elizabeth Smart book launch.

Here is the Daily Mail link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442915/Elizabeth-Smart-reveals-kidnap-horror-My-Story-memoir.html

and here is the Daily Express link re the Madeleine article 'We'll find her alive'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/435128/Madeleine-McCann-We-ll-find-her-alive
I think we have all become rather cynical about all these coincidences and tend to suspect some clever marketing ploy at work.

But Madeleine was 3/4. There is no way she could have been kept as a sex slave all this time and if paedos were involved, as claimed by her parents, she would have been dead for a long time, sadly. Their pretence of hope for living Madeleine is simply illogical and therefore totally false.
Subliminally though it does get that single message of 'similarity' out there to the UK reader skimming the pages of the newspapers during their busy lives.

Some might call this a co-incidence, some might think it's a tactical move to jump on the bandwagon, I'm one of the latter and more inclined to think of it as a planned  opportunity to pee on someone's parade to get one message across.

I'm sure not everyone will agree with my opinion.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by tigger on 08.10.13 6:47

@aquila wrote:
@Ribisl wrote:
@aquila wrote:I'm not sure if this is the correct thread (please move as appropriate mods) but there is a large feature in today's DM re the launch of Elizabeth Smart's book.

Now maybe I'm becoming too cynical or it's just one of those many coincidences that we have come to expect but isn't it amazing how TM have launched their offensive re Madeleine is alive at the very same time as the Elizabeth Smart book launch.

Here is the Daily Mail link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442915/Elizabeth-Smart-reveals-kidnap-horror-My-Story-memoir.html

and here is the Daily Express link re the Madeleine article 'We'll find her alive'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/435128/Madeleine-McCann-We-ll-find-her-alive
I think we have all become rather cynical about all these coincidences and tend to suspect some clever marketing ploy at work.

But Madeleine was 3/4. There is no way she could have been kept as a sex slave all this time and if paedos were involved, as claimed by her parents, she would have been dead for a long time, sadly. Their pretence of hope for living Madeleine is simply illogical and therefore totally false.
Subliminally though it does get that single message of 'similarity' out there to the UK reader skimming the pages of the newspapers during their busy lives.

Some might call this a co-incidence, some might think it's a tactical move to jump on the bandwagon, I'm one of the latter and more inclined to think of it as a planned  opportunity to pee on someone's parade to get one message across.

I'm sure not everyone will agree with my opinion.
Iirc Elisabeth Smart actively promoted the McCanns and vice versa, I believe she wrote about them, met up with the McCanns etc. In short, they promoted each other, no doubt in my mind this is rigged. Quite a while ago too as the court date wasn't known, this benefits Smart as well. Was she the one kidnapped as an extra Mormon wife? Her story has a few holes in it as well imo.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by aquila on 08.10.13 6:58

@tigger wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Ribisl wrote:
@aquila wrote:I'm not sure if this is the correct thread (please move as appropriate mods) but there is a large feature in today's DM re the launch of Elizabeth Smart's book.

Now maybe I'm becoming too cynical or it's just one of those many coincidences that we have come to expect but isn't it amazing how TM have launched their offensive re Madeleine is alive at the very same time as the Elizabeth Smart book launch.

Here is the Daily Mail link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2442915/Elizabeth-Smart-reveals-kidnap-horror-My-Story-memoir.html

and here is the Daily Express link re the Madeleine article 'We'll find her alive'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/435128/Madeleine-McCann-We-ll-find-her-alive
I think we have all become rather cynical about all these coincidences and tend to suspect some clever marketing ploy at work.

But Madeleine was 3/4. There is no way she could have been kept as a sex slave all this time and if paedos were involved, as claimed by her parents, she would have been dead for a long time, sadly. Their pretence of hope for living Madeleine is simply illogical and therefore totally false.
Subliminally though it does get that single message of 'similarity' out there to the UK reader skimming the pages of the newspapers during their busy lives.

Some might call this a co-incidence, some might think it's a tactical move to jump on the bandwagon, I'm one of the latter and more inclined to think of it as a planned  opportunity to pee on someone's parade to get one message across.

I'm sure not everyone will agree with my opinion.
Iirc Elisabeth Smart actively promoted the McCanns and vice versa, I believe she wrote about them,  met up with the McCanns etc.  In short, they promoted each other, no doubt in my mind this is rigged. Quite a while ago too as the court date wasn't known, this benefits Smart as well. Was she the one kidnapped as an extra Mormon wife? Her story has a few holes in it as well imo.
That makes even more sense tigger.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by Guest on 08.10.13 7:19

@ultimaThule wrote:
@Portia wrote:
@ultimaThule wrote:Although tried and hanged in London, England, for the crime of murdering his wife, Hawley Crippen was American.  He qualified in Michigan, USA, as a homeopathic physician and, as such, was not recognised or registered as a doctor by the GMC.

Despite 160+ of his patients having died in suspicious circumstances, Dr John Bodkin Adams (1899-1983) was tried and acquitted on one charge of murder.  He was subsequently tried and found guilty on an assortment of other charges including 13 of prescription fraud.   Dr Adams was removed from the Medical Register in 1957 ... and reinstated in 1961. 

Patients in the UK will no doubt be reassured not at the assiduous manner in which the GMC looks after its own.
Belle Ellmore, or was she the mistress, with him on that ocean liner to NY;
and wasn't this the first time a telegraph (or morse ?) was used?
'Belle Ellmore' was the stage name of Crippen's 2nd wife, Corrine 'Cora' Turner.  His mistress was Ethel Neave aka as 'Le Neve' - she emigrated to the US on the day Crippen was hanged for murdering Cora. 

Crippen's case and that of the aforementioned Dr John Bodkin Adams have some passing relevance on these pages in that Adams' murder trial led to a number of precedents in law being established, some of which hold today, and in Crippen's case only a small portion of corpse was recovered from the cellar of his house which raised questions as to the identity of the victim.    

Neither case shows the police in a good light.  Adams got away with murder and it's probable Crippen would have escaped justice had he not run off with his lover to Antwerp immediately after his house was first searched.

Crippen and Le Neve, who was dressed as a boy, board the SS.Montrose bound for Canada.  The captain sent a 'wireless telegram' to shore voicing his suspicion that the fugitives were on board - Crippen was duly arrested before the ship docked in Quebec and subsequently returned to England. 

I seem to recall there was something noteworthy about the message but, as far as I know, the captain's message wasn't the first time this means of communication was used -maybe it was the first time use of this means of communication enabled a suspect to be apprehended on the high seas?  Perhaps another poster can shed some light on this?
Thank you!

friends

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by Guest on 08.10.13 7:22

@ultimaThule wrote:I've just had the most awful thought about suited and booted Gerry McCann blathering on about press regulation outside the GMC building. 

I sincerely hope this isn't a moment of prescience but it could be that the odious f*^!er his supreme arroganceness is shaping up to reinvent himself as the embodiment of gravitas, a man for all seasons, a safe pair of hands (no pun intended), champion of the put upon.

In short, he may be intending to follow his guru's lead and hairstyle by seeking nomination to the prospective candidate's list of any constituency that will have him and, aw jeez it gets worse, I have a sinking feeling that the worthy matrons of some party office or other will prove only too keen to clutch Gezza and his saintly spouse to their ample bosoms. 

It's probably a blessing that this revelation has occurred while the majority of posters on this site are frolicking blissfully unaware in the land of nod as I wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone else failing to sleep tonight...
Not to worry: the constituency that gets him, deserves him

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by ultimaThule on 08.10.13 7:55

If only it were that simple, Portia.  I'd rather cast a vote for Attila the Hun than Gerry McCann but party loyalties can run deep - as evidenced by the current incumbents of the House of Commons.  

yes  @aquila - it's truly remarkable how 'coincidence' dogs (no pun intended but chuckle anyway) the McCanns and all they say and do (or not do/did in the small matter of physically searching for their missing daughter) and, from my first sight of him on the box, I formed the impression that Gezza was pugnacious as well as obnoxious together with a number of other adjectives which would sully this polite forum were I to repeat them here.  

I'm new to this site but from the comparatively little I've read since its inception, it seems others have also been aware Gezza has long had ambition to join the political arena in some capacity or other, Ribisl.  From what I've seen of his performances on camera, I suspect nothing less than becoming PM and rising to emperor would satisfy his obviously rampant ego but I took solace from the fact that, hitherto, there appeared to be no sign of him being politically active.

Given the strength of public feeling against the McCanns, it would indeed be a brave constituency that adopted Gerry as its prospective parlimentary candidate but, as the pink/blue one has demonstrated in Brighton, it seems that barrel-scraping is eau du jour when it comes to the selection of a name to put on the ballot papers.  

I can 'hear' the rationale: 6 years have passed since Madeleine disappeared, 'brave' Dr McCann and his charming wife have exhibited quiet dignity and fortitude in the face of outrageous slurs by the Portuguese police against their blameless characters, through sheer persistence and hard work they've kept their eldest daughter's name in the public eye - and throughout Dr Gerry has continued in his career to the benefit of the NHS, while Kate has devoted herself to the FindMadeleine Fund and providing a nurturing and rewarding homelife for their lively twins who, without her constant attention to their wellbeing, could have been traumatised for life by their sister's absence... I'm beginning to frighten myself, I'll have them getting a mention in the Queen's Birthday Honours list if I don't stop now!

Suited & booted outside the hallowed halls of the GMC, new improved madeover Gerry dons a persona designed to impress the king makers ... but it can't last; I'm convinced there's a wellspring of rage in that man which is barely contained and which is most probably not contained in private where those closest to him are required to constantly dance attendance on him - while dancing to his constantly changing tune.#

PS to Portia I'm sure you're right about that telegraph message from the SS Montrose re Crippen being the first of something and I'm sure I've read about it, but I can't recall what it was. It's maddening when that happens!!

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by russiandoll on 08.10.13 8:23

@ultimaThule wrote:
@nobodythereeither wrote:I love your posts, ultimaThule big grin big grin big grin
Thank you very much for the compliment but my previous post isn't very loveable, nobodythereeither (sad face emoticon) 

Hopefully, I'll soon return to taking the piss Michael out of the po-faced pair - it's hard work but someone's got to do it yes  (rolls up sleeves).
  very amusing posts and I am still wondering if your name is an anagram !


eta I hope people do not find my photo- montage of Gerry and friend offensive. This is a very serious case but I am afraid that the blatant PR onslaught prior to the defence giving evidence in the libel trial was too much.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gerry McCann on Sky news 7/10/2013 - Video and article

Post by plebgate on 08.10.13 8:36

@Ollie1 wrote:
@plebgate wrote:
@Ollie1 wrote:
@plebgate wrote:

they do this with men a lot who have a bald head, in fact sometimes it would look better to have the shine than a few lines drawn on as I think it always looks ridiculous. 
plebgate that is the funniest thing I have read for a long time!!! I have never seen a man with "a few lines drawn on" his head!
Yes they can look quite funny.   Have a good look at the "baldies" on politic shows and news.

Also please note how many men on tv have the same colour "just for men" hair colour, sort of Mr. colour with a kind of reddish hue.  Even younger men seem to be using it.   


Vain these men are, vain.   lol.
 spit coffee

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
My last post about his hair.   Last night I went up really close to the tv when he was on News at Ten.   (How ridiculous).   Anyway I think it was his real hair, strands of which had been pulled down and gelled - imo in order to reduce any glare from the lights. 

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum