The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13 - Page 2 Mm11

New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13 - Page 2 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13 - Page 2 Mm11

New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13 - Page 2 Regist10

New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13

Post by russiandoll 06.10.13 9:37

The news of this latest sighting amidst all the goings-on in the case in recent days should raise the eyebrows of everyone with a functioning brain.

I agree that the turning of an innocent small human being into a commodity is sickening.

Truly a story for our age....so many selling their souls. For what?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep 06.10.13 9:48

It's ironic that the McCann's are in Lisbon at a Libel Trial saying Amaral harmed the search when back home there is a £5million two-year-old investigation by the MET going on, various sightings over the years with another one today, plus the Crimewatch TV show going out.

Maybe the Judge should just say "I can't see any evidence of the search being harmed by Amaral, although you may have harmed it yourself by banning the reconstruction in Portugal, the very place where Madeleine vanished, aswell as refusing to co-operate with the investigation and allowing the case to be shelved. And why exactly did your holiday clothes stink of death by the way?"
IAmNotMerylStreep
IAmNotMerylStreep

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin 06.10.13 9:49

I suppose the description of the witness as a "barrister" is supposed to lend weight to the latest drivel. Barristers, those fine upstanding members of the community, never lie do they?winkwink 

IIRC in 2009 it was a "Banker" in Barcelona and look how that turned out: liar
tasprin

Activity : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.13 10:00

This libel trial has really put the frighteners on them all.   Just what  has been said in that courtroom this weekend or about to be said ................. ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 06.10.13 10:07

Barristers have been known to tell parents that leaving 3 under 4s alone night after night in an unlocked apartment whilst doing intermittent checking [ which did not, despite their claims, involve much LQQKING, the father said on video the night of the disappearance was the only time he LQQKED in the room]..

was REASONABLE PARENTING.  [ not in most sensible people's opinion m'lud and anyway, how many parents want to be reasonable rather than good in their parenting of children?]

They also have been known to backtrack when stating before a court of law that a thesis is a fact.

So much for barristers then.

NEXT!!!
    New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13 - Page 2 BarristerPoint

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.10.13 10:08

tasprin wrote:
IIRC in 2009 it was a "Banker" in Barcelona and look how that turned out: liar
I think that was a mis-print !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.13 10:25

[size=18]Madeleine McCann: Barrister says he knows where Maddie is (road sweepers scoff)[/size]
by Anorak | 6th, October 2013

New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13 - Page 2 PA-16425509

MADELEINE McCann: Anorak’s look at the missing child in the news. As the McCanns pursue Goncalo Amaral for libel damages in Portugal, the British press publishes a welter of new Maddie news. Yesterday, the police told us that the child could have been stolen by a burglar. The Met offered no proof to support its theory. No evidence. She she could have been stolen by a burglar who seems to have taken nothing else from that holiday apartment, right?
Today the Mirror has more amazing news. Yesterday, it said Maddie had been taken by paedos. Today it thunders from its front page:

New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago
And he waited this long to tell us? Maybe this man of law was studying the evidence?

A shaken barrister has told police how a man boasted to him that he had seen missing Madeleine McCann just weeks ago.
Why was he shaken?
In a sensational development the witness said he was stunned when the man confessed he had met the girl on a ­Mediterranean island.
Confessed? This unnamed man’s a suspect?
The conversation took place at a party and breaking down in tears, the lawyer, who we are not naming, said: “I can’t tell you exactly why I believe what I was being told. It was just a gut feeling.”
Still need more facts? Isn’t an anonymous man’s gut feeling of another anonymous man’s story enough?
The witness added: “I knew that by reporting it, it would ­compromise me in all sorts of ways. But it was something that I couldn’t ignore. If I hadn’t said anything I couldn’t have lived with myself.”
He’s now a witness? But he never saw her. What did he witness?
He said he was convinced the confession was genuine, despite many other people coming forward with unconfirmed sightings and false leads since she disappeared in Portugal, aged three on May 3, 2007.
Many of them were convinced.
When asked exactly what it was about the description he was given that forced him to act, the lawyer said: “I have told the police ­everything that I was told about her. They know what that was and that is why they have acted. I was able to be a bit more specific than just the island but I haven’t been able to tell them exactly where the man said she was. I am now terrified that she has been moved elsewhere.”
Would the police be failing Maddie if they were not right now combing this island?
The confession was made at a party in the North West of England in August and the lawyer gave a full statement to his local force, Greater Manchester Police, the following day.
Confession?
According to a source, the informant is being treated as a credible witness because of his profession as a barrister and a pillar of the community. He has been in contact with detectives within the last few days as they act on his crucial statement.
Police take him seriously because he’s a barrister and not, say, a road worker, journalist, reggae singer or builder. If he were a doctor would they take him more of less seriously? Is there a pecking order of truth?
That this news should feature as Goncalo Amaral is telling a Portuguese court he thinks the child is dead – and the McCanns are fighting to say that he is wrong (he has no proof) – seems coincidental.
The Mirror adds:
Our revelation comes as parents Kate and Gerry revealed their hope their daughter would be found thanks to new evidence uncovered by a separate police probe. The couple will appear live on BBC’s ­Crimewatch on October 14 to plead for ­information about their daughter’s ­abduction.
BBC Crimewatch editor Joe Mather said:
“We’ve been working very closely with the Metropolitan Police on a new Madeleine McCann appeal for several months. We’re very hopeful that this major reconstruction along with the ­substantial new lines of enquiry will prompt viewers with vital information to get in touch with the officers in studio on the night of the programme.”
The reconstruction should help.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/369317/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-barrister-says-he-knows-where-maddie-is-road-sweepers-scoff.html/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.13 10:29

The Mirror piece was jointly penned (or crayoned) by Simon Wright - these Wrights are getting everywhere at the moment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 06.10.13 10:47

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:The Mirror piece was jointly penned (or crayoned) by Simon Wright - these Wrights are getting everywhere at the moment.
Yes and getting it wrong NFWTD. big grin

IMO the press want the links to be put on to forums so that there will be LOADSA hits.   LOADSA hits, LOADSA dosh.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth 06.10.13 11:03

Seli
russiandoll wrote:The news of this latest sighting amidst all the goings-on in the case in recent days should raise the eyebrows of everyone with a functioning brain.

I agree that the turning of an innocent small human being into a commodity is sickening.

Truly a story for our age....so many selling their souls. For what?
Selling!

For what?
Put it this way. Their salaries are getting paid.

Money!
Seek truth

Activity : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES 06.10.13 11:08

So this sighting.  Was it a frozen in time 3 year old MM or the age progressed Asian MM? Was it a bit of a give-away the girl was wearing an out of date Everton shirt?
My gut feeling it is total horse poop.
MRNOODLES
MRNOODLES

Activity : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile 06.10.13 11:27

They picked a wrong choice of profession to announce this. Barrister = Professional Spin Merchant (some people call this a LIAR). I suppose the gormless mirror readers will believe anything so if it sells it is good.
spin spin spin 
Woburn_exile
Woburn_exile

Activity : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 06.10.13 12:30

The conversation took place at a party it says in the report   maybe somebody had too much to drink, fell asleep and dreamt it all? big grin
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 06.10.13 12:56

Well the McCanns should sue him post haste...after all he is hindering their quest for 1.2 million euros...

but seriously, it just shows what the McCanns are really afraid of that they are prepared to forsake the libel trial, that Madeleine is undoubtedly dead and that they are the main suspects imo

What better than a sighting to throw SY off the trail....NOT
susible

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 06.10.13 13:11

IMO this massive spin we're seeing now is because things are not going well for the couple. I'm prepared to be proved wrong!
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.13 13:52

ShuBob wrote:IMO this massive spin we're seeing now is because things are not going well for the couple. I'm prepared to be proved wrong!
Without a doubt.  How will they spin it when they lose this libel case?  How are they going to stop the ultimate flow of information from the court's record of the trial and the case files when Mr Amaral is vindicated?  How are they going to stop people reading the book they tried to ban?  How will David Cameron and SY justify the years and millions spent on all these wild goose chases and obvious ignoring of the facts?  A lot of people are going to want answers and RESULTS.   The floodgates have been well and truly opened imo .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 06.10.13 14:32

Does it tell us on this thread, or anywhere else, the name of this "barrister"?
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by galena 06.10.13 15:01

Smokeandmirrors wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:If it had been a Jane or Joe Blogs they wouldn't have been believed, oh no it had to be a Barrister! who the witness spoke to, did the witness identify Maddy from the age progression image age ten? How would anyone know what Maddy looks like now, she may have short hair, curled, she maybe fat/wafer thin, she won't have her baby teeth, maybe she now wears glasses. 

IMO everything that is in the MSM is being fed to them by the Met, distraction, smokescreen, propaganda, they are tring to create believable stories, I hope the British public see through what is trying to be portrayed and realise it's a load of

TWADDLE
thumbup my thoughts exactly.

And if there was a genuine chance she was alive and well, why the hell blab about it in the media, why not swoop in and snatch her back? It's ridiculous. All these so called new leads, and no-one has the wit or wherewithal to actually rescue her, just recount this earth shattering news at some other time? Give me a break.
Exactly my thoughts - if it genuinely was Madeleine wouldn't this kind of irresponsible reporting put her life at risk?  And I note that there doesn't seem to be a reaction from Kate and Gerry - well nothing new there!
galena

Activity : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout 06.10.13 15:09

melisande wrote:This libel trial has really put the frighteners on them all.   Just what  has been said in that courtroom this weekend or about to be said ................. ?
It is what is about to be said .

Amaral said [ i need exact quote ] something along the lines of  " you would not believe if the truth was revealed ".
maybe he has had enough of all the Bull@@@, and he is to take the stand and go down all gun's blazing . revealing ALL he knows . 

He know's the game is up, He knows more than anyone, you cannot beat an entire country, it's Police force , unlimited funding , and help from media and above . 

His revelation's would of course be presented as "  mad Copper in sick rant"  etc , but if it was truly earth shattering the MSM would have to report it . 

Finally like everybody else a sighting was inevitable . i guessed wrong though , got the remote island bit correct , [ never the USA, as they would flag it and have SWAT checking it out , dismissing it in seconds . ] but i suggested it would be one from THE POPE , PRESIDENT OF [ whatever island ] . simple chief of Police etc are just not big enough names to add any weight anymore .....   they ARE running out of people BTW.
stillsloppingout
stillsloppingout

Activity : 540

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.13 15:39

candyfloss wrote:And they keep on coming........

New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago

6 Oct 2013 00:00
In a sensational development, he said he was stunned when the man confessed he had met the girl on a ­Mediterranean island

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-alive-witness-tells-2343495#ixzz2gtNmBlfO
Gosh, did Maddie go not down with that other Pinky pet project, that boat that hit the island with its captain now taking all the flak?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.13 15:52

jd wrote:All these "stories" are getting beyond ridiculous....Are the MSM purposely trying to completely discredit themselves and lose any shred of respectably they ever had? It seems they are making up these stories so blatantly stupid, in order that even the most asleep dumbed person could smell a rat

I hope the "Barrister' turns out to be Michael Shrimpton. He is on record as saying that he and the UK government knew that Maddie was murdered in 2008 by the DVD. Now this would really open the floodgates

Excuse me, but what is the DVD?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by susible 06.10.13 15:59

Portia wrote:
jd wrote:All these "stories" are getting beyond ridiculous....Are the MSM purposely trying to completely discredit themselves and lose any shred of respectably they ever had? It seems they are making up these stories so blatantly stupid, in order that even the most asleep dumbed person could smell a rat

I hope the "Barrister' turns out to be Michael Shrimpton. He is on record as saying that he and the UK government knew that Maddie was murdered in 2008 by the DVD. Now this would really open the floodgates

Excuse me, but what is the DVD?
All of the PJ files were released on a DVD, that's where all of the transcripts on the net are from (obviously you can't buy it from tesco, but someone got hold of it and took a copy is my understanding)
susible

Activity : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.10.13 16:01

candyfloss wrote:[size=18]Madeleine McCann: Barrister says he knows where Maddie is (road sweepers scoff)[/size]
by Anorak | 6th, October 2013

New Madeleine McCann sensation: Witness tells barrister he saw girl ALIVE just weeks ago - Mirror 6/10/13 - Page 2 PA-16425509

MADELEINE McCann: Anorak’s look at the missing child in the news. As the McCanns pursue Goncalo Amaral for libel damages in Portugal, the British press publishes a welter of new Maddie news. Yesterday, the police told us that the child could have been stolen by a burglar. The Met offered no proof to support its theory. No evidence. She she could have been stolen by a burglar who seems to have taken nothing else from that holiday apartment, right?
Today the Mirror has more amazing news. Yesterday, it said Maddie had been taken by paedos. Today it thunders from its front page:

And he waited this long to tell us? Maybe this man of law was studying the evidence?

A shaken barrister has told police how a man boasted to him that he had seen missing Madeleine McCann just weeks ago.
Why was he shaken?
In a sensational development the witness said he was stunned when the man confessed he had met the girl on a ­Mediterranean island.
Confessed? This unnamed man’s a suspect?
The conversation took place at a party and breaking down in tears, the lawyer, who we are not naming, said: “I can’t tell you exactly why I believe what I was being told. It was just a gut feeling.”
Still need more facts? Isn’t an anonymous man’s gut feeling of another anonymous man’s story enough?
The witness added: “I knew that by reporting it, it would ­compromise me in all sorts of ways. But it was something that I couldn’t ignore. If I hadn’t said anything I couldn’t have lived with myself.”
He’s now a witness? But he never saw her. What did he witness?
He said he was convinced the confession was genuine, despite many other people coming forward with unconfirmed sightings and false leads since she disappeared in Portugal, aged three on May 3, 2007.
Many of them were convinced.
When asked exactly what it was about the description he was given that forced him to act, the lawyer said: “I have told the police ­everything that I was told about her. They know what that was and that is why they have acted. I was able to be a bit more specific than just the island but I haven’t been able to tell them exactly where the man said she was. I am now terrified that she has been moved elsewhere.”
Would the police be failing Maddie if they were not right now combing this island?
The confession was made at a party in the North West of England in August and the lawyer gave a full statement to his local force, Greater Manchester Police, the following day.
Confession?
According to a source, the informant is being treated as a credible witness because of his profession as a barrister and a pillar of the community. He has been in contact with detectives within the last few days as they act on his crucial statement.
Police take him seriously because he’s a barrister and not, say, a road worker, journalist, reggae singer or builder. If he were a doctor would they take him more of less seriously? Is there a pecking order of truth?
That this news should feature as Goncalo Amaral is telling a Portuguese court he thinks the child is dead – and the McCanns are fighting to say that he is wrong (he has no proof) – seems coincidental.
The Mirror adds:
Our revelation comes as parents Kate and Gerry revealed their hope their daughter would be found thanks to new evidence uncovered by a separate police probe. The couple will appear live on BBC’s ­Crimewatch on October 14 to plead for ­information about their daughter’s ­abduction.
BBC Crimewatch editor Joe Mather said:
“We’ve been working very closely with the Metropolitan Police on a new Madeleine McCann appeal for several months. We’re very hopeful that this major reconstruction along with the ­substantial new lines of enquiry will prompt viewers with vital information to get in touch with the officers in studio on the night of the programme.”
The reconstruction should help.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/369317/madeleine-mccann/madeleine-mccann-barrister-says-he-knows-where-maddie-is-road-sweepers-scoff.html/
To my experience, the LAST person the police trust is a barrister.

Why? Because barristers tend to destroy everything the police have seen fit to put in front of them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 06.10.13 18:26

We should not be dismissive of this, or the pros will complain.

So let us be clear.   This story is beginning to fall into place.

An unnamed man says that he was approached at a party
by an unnamed man who says that he thinks he saw
an unnamed girl - who looked like a girl whose last photo was taken 7 years ago -
on an unnamed island
in an unnamed sea or ocean
some unnamed time ago.

Call in the Yard !
Round up the usual suspects !
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down