The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

CRIMEWATCH RECONSTRUCTION - However, Kate and Gerry have banned the re-enactment of their daughter’s disappearance from taking place in Portugal through fear of angering the country’s police.

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: CRIMEWATCH RECONSTRUCTION - However, Kate and Gerry have banned the re-enactment of their daughter’s disappearance from taking place in Portugal through fear of angering the country’s police.

Post by Woburn_exile on 06.10.13 11:52

@gbwales wrote:So it's not a reconstruction at all, it's a worthless dramatisation of a/their version of events.

Pathetic.
It will be interesting to see how they portray the Portuguese police. Maybe thats why they think they will be offended. As I'm sure will be said on facebook the lines will be alive with callers saying they are talking bollox.
spin spin spin
Keystone springs to mind

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CRIMEWATCH RECONSTRUCTION - However, Kate and Gerry have banned the re-enactment of their daughter’s disappearance from taking place in Portugal through fear of angering the country’s police.

Post by Guest on 06.10.13 11:55

New understanding’ of the Madeleine McCann case to be revealed

CRIMEWATCH viewers will be given a “new understanding” of the events surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann next Monday.

[snipped]

One theory was that the man was casing the apartment for a future burglary.

Breaks-ins at nearby apartments have also been well reported.

However, Portuguese detectives felt it was highly unlikely that a child would have been taken by a burglar, who would have wanted to escape quickly from a property when disturbed.

Carrying a child through the streets would not only hinder a speedy escape, it would also arouse suspicion.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/434691/New-understanding-of-the-Madeleine-McCann-case-to-be-revealed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 06.10.13 11:55

Whoever heard of doing a reconstruction in a different location?  What is the point?  Surely a reconstruction should accurately follow the facts as known.  We KNOW the disappearance did not occur in Spain.   

How will they recreate the events of May 3rd with exact distances and timelines without rebuilding a Hollywood set of PDL as it was in 2007? Hey ho, lots of taxpayers money available.  It will be interesting to see why they have chosen a different location, different country and actors to prove the McCanns' innocence.  The purpose of a reconstruction is to elicit information from people in the vicinity of the incident - those in PDL.  What possible purpose can there be for relocating the crime to Spain and appealing to countries other than Portugual?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.10.13 12:02

@Tony Bennett wrote:The British taxpayer pays for DCI Andy Redwood, and his team of - now 43 - Metropoloitan Police officers.

And has done for the past 2 years and 5 months.

The licence-fee payer is paying for this BBC Crimewatch event.

In both cases, those institutions must be working to a clear agenda and strategy - and with a desired result as their common goal.

They have invested a great deal of time and resources in those efforts.
Good morning mr. Bennett,

What's your take on my suggestion that a comprehensive deal was reached this spring between the Portuguese and UK authorities; 
Dr Amarals walks free; the McCs ditto; 
while SY lays their hands on all mobile phone traffic generated from PdL 'paedophile networks' since whenever?

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 06.10.13 12:04

Is there a surefire way of getting a question put to the McCanns live on air?

Why the FOOK didn't you want a reconstruction in 2007? The facility was there.
spin spin spin 

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paddinton on 06.10.13 12:06

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/343257/McCanns-too-upset-for-Madeleine-telly-abduction-re-run

"The couple turned down a request from Scotland Yard to be involved in the Crimewatch reconstruction as “it would be far too upsetting for them,” a family source revealed yesterday."

If that is the truth (it is the Daily Star) then I wonder what Scotland Yard made of it....parents refusing to take part in a Scotland Yard reconstruction!

paddinton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.10.13 12:06

@lj wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Oh my goodness look at this.....

'The pieces of the jigsaw are now fitting together': Missing Maddie's parents 'greatly encouraged' by new mobile phone evidence as probe spreads to Holland and Germany

• Scotland Yard trawled calls made by people staying in the holiday resort

• The force believes evidence could shed light on Maddie's disappearance

• A Crimewatch special this month will launch a new appeal for information

[snipped]

As a result, the TV special will be aired on British, German and Dutch television.

It will feature an interview with the McCanns, while highlighting new leads uncovered by police.
The programme will also feature  a reconstruction of events in the  Portuguese resort on the night Madeleine disappeared.

However, Kate and Gerry have banned the re-enactment of their daughter’s disappearance from  taking place in Portugal through fear of angering the country’s police.

Instead they have allowed filming to go ahead in neighbouring Spain, with actors playing the roles of the anguished couple.

A three-year-old child actress, bearing a striking similarity to their daughter, will double as Madeleine.
Crimewatch editor Joe Mather said: ‘We are very hopeful this major reconstruction, along with the substantial new lines of enquiry, will prompt viewers with vital information to get in touch with officers in the studio.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2446173/The-pieces-jigsaw-fitting-Missing-Maddies-parents-greatly-encouraged-new-mobile-phone-evidence-probe-spreads-Holland-Germany.html#ixzz2gtHpV6oC

wft  (My bold in snipped piece)
So not only do they have close ties, they have been given the power to ban or allow.

The never cleared persons of interest.

They get everything they demanded years ago.

It's not indecent, it's obscene.
It's SPIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 06.10.13 12:11

So they have a 3 year old actress who bears a striking resemblance to Madeleine, for accuracy presumably, yet they are filming the reconstruction in an entirely different country.  Righto.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 06.10.13 12:11

@paddinton wrote:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/343257/McCanns-too-upset-for-Madeleine-telly-abduction-re-run

"The couple turned down a request from Scotland Yard to be involved in the Crimewatch reconstruction as “it would be far too upsetting for them,” a family source revealed yesterday."

If that is the truth (it is the Daily Star) then I wonder what Scotland Yard made of it....parents refusing to take part in a Scotland Yard reconstruction!
they turned down a request because it would be far too upsetting.    Whaaaaattt.

Imagine how upset they are going to feel sitting next to the cops on crimewatch, but it looks as though they might have been told they have to do this and not asked then?????????

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woburn_exile on 06.10.13 12:12

Also by holding the recon on a different site they can portray the fact that they were dining just outside the window instead of half a mile away.
spin spin spin shark 

Woburn_exile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 06.10.13 12:13

@Cristobell wrote:So they have a 3 year old actress who bears a striking resemblance to Madeleine, for accuracy presumably, yet they are filming the reconstruction in an entirely different country.  Righto.
Righto indeed thumbup

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.10.13 12:14

@Nereid wrote:Belgian press: 

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1277/Verdwijning-Maddie/article/detail/1717581/2013/10/06/Ouders-Maddie-bemoedigd-door-nieuw-onderzoek.dhtml

With a picture of the devastated couple during their visit to the Netherlands in 2011

And an interesting description of Madeleine's last picture:

"Madeleine McCann enkele weken voor haar verdwijning. © afp."
(Madeleine a few weeks before her disappearance.)
GM left off his watch, see lighter streak on left wrist

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 06.10.13 12:15

Carrying a child through the streets would not only hinder a speedy escape, it would also arouse suspicion.

Carrying a child through the streets FOR 40 MINUTES around PDL would hinder a speedy escape!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 06.10.13 12:18

Hicks
This is incredible! Are the McCann's running the investigation? I wonder if Andy Redwood answers to them.

Andy Deadbeat answers to BHH, HIS big boss at SY, and the McCanns '£1 pound a pop balloon launching fund raiser' on Mossley Hill, Liverpool.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by susible on 06.10.13 12:18

In my opinion this is just spin from SY's announcement that there will be a reconstruction.  How can they use a three yr old child in alleged reconstruction?  A reconstruction is based on known events, i.e. the last time a person was definitely seen, therefore we would have to have a reconstruction of Gerry looking into the room at his beautiful daughter, in the recovery position at approx 9.10pm...

This news article bears no resemblance of what SY announced the other day, and I still believe the main news is about the analysis of the phone records.

susible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 06.10.13 12:19

@Portia wrote:
@Nereid wrote:Belgian press: 

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1277/Verdwijning-Maddie/article/detail/1717581/2013/10/06/Ouders-Maddie-bemoedigd-door-nieuw-onderzoek.dhtml

With a picture of the devastated couple during their visit to the Netherlands in 2011

And an interesting description of Madeleine's last picture:

"Madeleine McCann enkele weken voor haar verdwijning. © afp."
(Madeleine a few weeks before her disappearance.)
GM left off his watch, see lighter streak on left wrist
and his wedding ring by the look of things (unless I need a better PC or a trip to Specsavers).

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 06.10.13 12:24

@jeanmonroe wrote:Carrying a child through the streets would not only hinder a speedy escape, it would also arouse suspicion.

Carrying a child through the streets FOR 40 MINUTES around PDL would hinder a speedy escape!
It's beyond belief isn't it? I'm sure the authorities are having a laugh, no serious crime investigation unit would give this cr@p the time of day unless there was an ulterior motive.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 06.10.13 12:25

@paddinton wrote:http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/343257/McCanns-too-upset-for-Madeleine-telly-abduction-re-run

Are we still in the real world, or have we entered some sort of twilight zone?

The McCanns who will do anything in the world to find their daughter, but would be too upset to take part in a reconstruction.  Hmm, obviously not too upset to travel to Lisbon to scam 1.2m Euros from the detective who searched for their daughter.  

And, as bad as that is, they have forbidden filming in PDL!  Good heavens.  So effectively they have wriggled out of the reconstruction one way or the other and their strong relationship with Redwood is thriving.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by susible on 06.10.13 12:30

Just read the latest update on BBC news and nowhere does it say anything about the McCanns banning anything..Methinks that SY may well have phoned the editorial team and told them to change it tout suite 

SY are running this investigation, NOT the McCanns imo

susible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.10.13 12:32

@Cristobell wrote:

The McCanns who will do anything in the world to find their daughter, but would be too upset to take part in a reconstruction.  Hmm, obviously not too upset to travel to Lisbon to scam 1.2m Euros from the detective who searched for their daughter.  

And, as bad as that is, they have forbidden filming in PDL!  Good heavens.  So effectively they have wriggled out of the reconstruction one way or the other and their strong relationship with Redwood is thriving.
what   Wonder what SY made of that then, if it is true, and it is a direct quote, which it seems to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 06.10.13 12:36

But the Portuguese authorities had no problem with the reconstruction their own film crew did for 'Madeleine was here' . So why should they mind another one?
I sincerely hope these spin doctors have underestimated the good people of Britain - the law is the law except in this case.

The law in medieval times used to be called the King's peace. King John wrote to the mayor of London once to say:
If I give my peace to a dog,it shall be maintained inviolate.

In this case the law has neither been maintained nor remained 'inviolate.' Yet Great Britain is a democracy and has a legal code that has been an example to the rest of the world. I hope that's still worth something.
If I were British, I'd be deeply concerned at this manipulation and hiding of the truth. For you now count for nothing, you no longer have a fair legal or political system.

Write to your MP (this system isn't available in my country and I would love it) and keep writing, post your comments online and in local newspapers, but take charge, insist on being heard. Your freedoms are being taken away with every new scheme to protect these people, you are being lied to, manipulated and brainwashed.

Sermon over, but I've rarely been so furious. Rise up, good people of Britain, you've nothing to lose but your freedom.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.10.13 12:39

candyfloss wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:

what   Wonder what SY made of that then, if it is true, and it is a direct quote, which it seems to be.
GM flew to Portugal to do his own documentary and reconstruction, why not now??  thinking

Back to top Go down

Post by susible on 06.10.13 12:40

I think after 6yrs of spin we should all be aware by now that whatever the McCanns/family/spokespoodle says, we can be sure that the opposite is true.

Nope, I think that the Mc's are currently bricking it, what with the disaster unfolding in Lisbon and the latest announcements from SY and they are spinning it all to the death in all directions in the vain hope that somehow, it's going to make a difference.

So they have either A) Banned the reconstruction taking place in Portugal in case they upset the PJ (like it ever bothered them before!) or B) are too upset for the reconstruction to take place at all!

It can't be both!  But personally, I think it is totally out of their hands

susible

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum