The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

National PJ Director Almeida Rodrigues and Attorney General Joana Marques Vidal comment on the Maddie Case

View previous topic View next topic Go down

National PJ Director Almeida Rodrigues and Attorney General Joana Marques Vidal comment on the Maddie Case

Post by sharonl on 05.10.13 23:20

Video  here http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/10/national-pj-director-almeida-rodrigues.html

Sic Notícias, October 4, 2013

For about about a month and a half the Judiciary Police of Faro is carrying out the requests asked in the rogatory letter sent by the British authorities in the scope of the Maddie case. Although elements of the English police have already attended meetings in the Algarve, their presence in the investigations on the field is something that, at least for the time being, is out of question.

Transcript

Voice over journalist - [VOJ] - Six officers from the Judiciary Police have been, since August, entrusted to fulfill the requests of the rogatory letter sent by the English authorities to the Attorney General's Office. Almeida Rodrigues, the Judiciary Police National Director, did not give more details but confirmed the creation of the team.

Lower Third [LT] - PJ has been since August carrying out the requests asked in the rogatory letter sent by the British authorities.

José Maria de Almeida Rodrigues - Judiciary Police National Director [AR] - We designated a team that will carry out the requests made by the English authorities. Regarding the timing and as to the proceedings themselves, as you can understand, I will not make a comment.

LT - Team of six inspectors from PJ in Faro appointed to fulfill rogatory letter

VOJ - SIC knows that the proceedings now requested by the English involve exclusively Portuguese citizens, however in the rogatory letter there isn't any request for an interrogatory. Even though 3 to 4 elements of the Metropolitan Police have already attended meetings in Faro, one of those meetings was with the responsible of the PJ directorship of the southern area of Portugal, the English officers presence in the investigations on the field of  is something that, at least for the time being, is out of question. Nevertheless, in the spirit of good cooperation between the two police forces it is possible that in a near future, in one-off situations, English officers are allowed to be present in one or another action of the Judiciary Police (PJ). In a few weeks time, elements of the two countries authorities will meet again to discuss the items in the rogatory letter and the steps carried out till then. Besides the Judiciary Police inspectors from Faro that have exclusively in their hands the fulfillment of the rogatory letter another team of PJ inspectors from Porto continues to analyze the whole process in order to detect any eventual mistakes and verify if there is any lead worth following that could justify reopening the process.

LT - Proceedings requested in the rogatory letter do not include interrogatories. Elements of the Metropolitan Police were in meetings with PJ in Faro. Even though there were meetings between the two police forces, Judiciary Police has been working alone. In one-off situations, in the future, English Police may attend to some proceedings. PJ of Faro complies exclusively with what is requested in the rogatory letter. Review continues to be done by PJ inspectors from Porto.

AR - That team reviewing the process continues to work and are doing their best, as you know, cases of child disappearances for us they are never truly closed.

LT - Faro and Porto teams in close cooperation.

Joana Marques Vidal - Attorney General [JMV] - The process that existed in Portugal has a final dispatch, that can only be and should only be reopened in agreement to what is stated in the Law - new facts, etc - it's not reopened at the moment. Meanwhile, the English have a process ongoing in England since they consider that there were proceedings within their remit, a process of criminal investigation according to the English law, in the scope of which they requested the Portuguese state or the police and judicial Portuguese authorities some proceedings to be carried out for the process that is in England.

LT - So far, proceedings in the scope of the rogatory letter did not need the intervention of a judge.

VOJ - At the same time in England about four dozen Metropolitan Police officers are also reviewing Madeleine's disappearance. In a press statement, published this Friday, they also refer the existence of 41 persons of interest that need to be listened, of which 15 are British. The United Kingdom, has sent 31 rogatory letters requesting for proceedings to be carried out in several countries, including Portugal. The investigation is focused on phone calls made in Praia da Luz at the time of Maddie's disappearance. The case should regain high media exposure on the 14th of October, when the Metropolitan Police and the McCann couple will together make a public appeal in the BBC, extendable to Germany, Netherlands and Ireland so whomever has some information about the case comes forward. Six years ago, Madeleine disappeared during the holidays in Praia da Luz.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: National PJ Director Almeida Rodrigues and Attorney General Joana Marques Vidal comment on the Maddie Case

Post by aiyoyo on 06.10.13 3:04

Joana Marques Vidal - Attorney General [JMV] - The process that existed in Portugal has a final dispatch, that can only be and should only be reopened in agreement to what is stated in the Law - new facts, etc - it's not reopened at the moment. Meanwhile, the English have a process ongoing in England since they consider that there were proceedings within their remit, a process of criminal investigation according to the English law, in the scope of which they requested the Portuguese state or the police and judicial Portuguese authorities some proceedings to be carried out for the process that is in England.

LT - So far, proceedings in the scope of the rogatory letter did not need the intervention of a judge.

This is as official as you can get that the Yard is investigating something for prosecution in UK.
It's perhaps the clearest indication that the Yard is not working in tandem with Portuguese towards reopening the case in Portugal.
They only require the Portuguese assistance in certain areas to aid their own process.
Logical deduction says Yard's new theory is arrived at from old evidence.

The Yard probably focused on phone data since the outset, and finally got something 'substantive' they can use for purpose. The appeal for someone to come forward might only add as added value to what they've got.
I cant see Yard announcing their operation for no purpose, so the burning question has to be why the crimewatch recon at this stage?
A prelude to something big about to happen?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: National PJ Director Almeida Rodrigues and Attorney General Joana Marques Vidal comment on the Maddie Case

Post by gbwales on 06.10.13 11:37

I still wonder if the UK process mentioned is related to this from Amaral's book....

"During a more relaxed moment at one of these meetings, I come out with an ill-judged comment. Inopportune or undiplomatic, but this is my reasoning: thinking about the kinds of crime that may have been committed if the McCanns were involved in their daughter's disappearance, something occurs to me. If they were involved in one way or another, then a crime of fraud or abuse of trust is a possibility concerning the fund that was set up to finance the search for Madeleine. Donations have reached nearly 3 million Euros.

If such a crime exists, Portugal would not have jurisdiction to investigate and try it. The fund being legally registered in England, it would be our English colleagues who would deal with the case. Our English colleagues then realise a hard reality: the strong possibility that they would have a crime to investigate in their own country, with the McCann couple as the main suspects: a prospect that does not seem to appeal to them. I notice a sudden pallor in the faces of those British people present." 

Mr Universe to Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

gbwales

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 06.10.13 11:46

@gbwales wrote:I still wonder if the UK process mentioned is related to this from Amaral's book....

"During a more relaxed moment at one of these meetings, I come out with an ill-judged comment. Inopportune or undiplomatic, but this is my reasoning: thinking about the kinds of crime that may have been committed if the McCanns were involved in their daughter's disappearance, something occurs to me. If they were involved in one way or another, then a crime of fraud or abuse of trust is a possibility concerning the fund that was set up to finance the search for Madeleine. Donations have reached nearly 3 million Euros.

If such a crime exists, Portugal would not have jurisdiction to investigate and try it. The fund being legally registered in England, it would be our English colleagues who would deal with the case. Our English colleagues then realise a hard reality: the strong possibility that they would have a crime to investigate in their own country, with the McCann couple as the main suspects: a prospect that does not seem to appeal to them. I notice a sudden pallor in the faces of those British people present." 
Now how would that sit now with newbie Conservative Candidate Clarrie who told the kind and generous people to just address their envelopes to Rothley!

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 06.10.13 11:58

@gbwales wrote:I still wonder if the UK process mentioned is related to this from Amaral's book....

I've been pondering this possibility, gbwales. 

I've also been giving some thought as to how police officers in general would treat suspects who are, as per the testimony of certain witnesses for the McCanns in their ongoing suit for libel in the Portuguese courts, alleged to be borderline suicidal until such time as sufficient evidence has been obtained to support their arrest and remand in safe custody?  

I imagine the police would be extremely anxious to avoid adversely impacting on the delicate mental health of any such suspects, and more particularly if they were living with their young children in the family home.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 06.10.13 12:03

I wonder why they paled at this . "Our English colleagues then realise a hard reality: the strong possibility that they would have a crime to investigate in their own country, with the McCann couple as the main suspects: a prospect that does not seem to appeal to them. I notice a sudden pallor in the faces of those British people present."

Why does the realization that SY having to investigate and bring charges that could involving the Mcs On English soil worry them, why do they fear the Mcs, or who is protecting them and why ?

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum