The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

IVF Babies are a third more likely to develop childhood cancers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IVF Babies are a third more likely to develop childhood cancers

Post by bristow on 05.10.13 8:06

Children born as a result of IVF are a third more likely to get cancer, a major study found.
Scientists said those born after fertility treatments were 33 per cent more likely to have childhood cancer.
They were 65 per cent more likely to develop leukaemia and 88 per cent more likely to develop cancers of the brain and central nervous system.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2445171/IVF-babies-likely-develop-childhood-cancer.html#ixzz2gpSmTogf 

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: IVF Babies are a third more likely to develop childhood cancers

Post by PeterMac on 05.10.13 10:06

Sadly IVF, and its more aggressive relations, produces children more likely to have a whole range of defects.
If an ovum is not being fertilised, or is not implanting, or is not coming to term, there is probably a good reason.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.01.14 6:39

IVF births carry FIVE TIMES the risk of complications:

snipped:

Lead researcher Professor Michael Davies, who has previously linked fertility treatment to birth defects, said some problems may have been caused by embryos starting life in a lab dish, rather than in the womb.

And he explained that the powerful drugs used to boost the number of eggs a woman produces create a ‘hormonal hang-over’ which can affect both the womb and the placenta.

Professor Davies also warned that there is an ‘urgent need’ to track the long-term health of babies born through IVF

.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2536202/IVF-births-carry-FIVE-TIMES-risk-complications-Babies-born-thanks-fertility-treatment-likely-stillborn-premature-die-weeks.html

I do have sympathy for those who can't have children naturaly, however imo this iis interfering with nature if it's to be it will be. I agree PeterMac there is probably a good reason.

This is from one of the comments:

This shows how little IVF parents really care about the actual children they are so desperate to have. Their ego trumps the safety of these children, which, by the way many are killed before and during the process or frozen perpetually or thrown out like garbage and never given a second thought. How can they proclaim to love children and do this is beyond me

It's beyond me too!

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 09.01.14 7:51

Cherry Blossom wrote:IVF births carry FIVE TIMES the risk of complications:

snipped:

Lead researcher Professor Michael Davies, who has previously linked fertility treatment to birth defects, said some problems may have been caused by embryos starting life in a lab dish, rather than in the womb.

And he explained that the powerful drugs used to boost the number of eggs a woman produces create a ‘hormonal hang-over’ which can affect both the womb and the placenta.

Professor Davies also warned that there is an ‘urgent need’ to track the long-term health of babies born through IVF

.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2536202/IVF-births-carry-FIVE-TIMES-risk-complications-Babies-born-thanks-fertility-treatment-likely-stillborn-premature-die-weeks.html

I do have sympathy for those who can't have children naturaly, however imo this iis interfering with nature if it's to be it will be. I agree PeterMac there is probably a good reason.

This shows how little IVF parents really care about the actual children they are so desperate to have. Their ego trumps the safety of these children, which, by the way many are killed before and during the process or frozen perpetually or thrown out like garbage and never given a second thought. How can they proclaim to love children and do this is beyond me

It's beyond me too!

I have childless friends who made a decision not to have children as there was a genetic disease in the woman's family.
Instead they've used their spare time to set up a sports cluband in general interact with and help local children.

Glad you posted this, there are more than enough neglected children in the world to help, IVF is imo a form of vanity in many cases I have seen.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 09.01.14 8:22

In the only IVF case I know personally, sadly the child is severely disabled. I admire his parents for loving and supporting him unselfishly and getting on with the job of looking after him day after day, but I can't really imagine that this is what they hoped for.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 09.01.14 9:23

@tigger wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:IVF births carry FIVE TIMES the risk of complications:

snipped:

It's beyond me too!

I have childless friends who made a decision not to have children as there was a genetic disease in the woman's family.
Instead they've used their spare time to set up a sports cluband in general interact with and help local children.

Glad you posted this, there are more than enough neglected children in the world to help, IVF is imo  a form of vanity in many cases I have seen.

My brother and his wife have been unable to have children, they had a very good GP who eplained all that IVF involved the pros and cons, through well informed information they decided against it, like your friends they too got involved with local charities and fund raising for children who needed help at the start of their young lives. Just to say they are they are their nieces and nephews  favourite Aunt and Uncle.

Mirafiores, I have the upmost respect and admiration for parents looking after their own severely disabled child, over the years I have heard of parents who have had their child placed in a Care Home for the severely disabled when they are old enough they then get moved to adult care homes, so sad.

"There but for the grace of God go I"

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum