The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Libel trial day 6 witness 1. TRISH CAMERON

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Libel trial day 6 witness 1. TRISH CAMERON

Post by suzyjohnson on 04.10.13 16:25

'SO – Last week, Amelie mentioned that they were talked about at school and that previously it had never happened. Does it have something to do with this trial? TC – Yes, it does'.  

' ......... previously it had never happened ........'

Right. And so who was responsible for that then?

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 04.10.13 16:40

So the Paedophile ring story not confirmed by the Met......

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton 24m
Portuguese newspaper source claims police probing if Madeleine #McCann was snatched by Algarve paedophile ring - report unconfirmed by Met

Well, well, there's that IF word again!

Pesky little word, isn't it?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.10.13 16:49

ID – Do you have something more to say about the effect of the book and the documentary? TC speaks of the internet, the fact that the files are public and very easy to access even by children. 
GM: "Well the law's changed and I think eeeer I think Kate and I know what we've experienced and what we've gone through eeerrhmm and the facts of (takes deep breath in here) the file 'n (and) errrhmm the damage that's been caused (?uz) (us? to the?) search for Madeleine".
Files? Again? Shouldn't that be book? 

Don't worry McCanns, nobody noticed laughat

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 04.10.13 16:58

@windchime wrote:Why be a witness at a trial abroad, knowing you are to be called to testify and book your flight home for just after lunch that very day - was someone hoping they wouldn't get called due to having to leave early???
I wondered that very thing, windchime.  The McCanns aren't strangers to the legal process and must surely be aware there can be last minute alteration to planned Court schedules.  

I also wondered who funded Ms Cameron's 3 month stay in Portugal with her brother & sister-in-law back in 2007, and who paid for her to make 660 mile return trips from her home to Rothley 'everytime she had days off or a long weekend'?

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 04.10.13 17:03

@suzyjohnson wrote:'SO – Last week, Amelie mentioned that they were talked about at school and that previously it had never happened. Does it have something to do with this trial? TC – Yes, it does'.  

Dont think the astute Judge buy her cock and bull story.....

The Mccanns saga been running for over 6 years. And, the 9-yr old twins been in school since 5-year old, yet this is FIRST time that Amelie heard people talking about their case - all because of a trial over a foreign language book and documentary not available in the UK. What a load of tosh!

Had she not said it was the first time ever this happened, then maybe you can give her the benefit of the doubt.
She's the dimmest of the witnesses so far.........

ID must be silently relieved she abandonned Grandma Healy ......
Imagine a daughter who's not told her mum anything..who would believe that?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 04.10.13 17:10

[quote="Poe"]
ID – Do you have something more to say about the effect of the book and the documentary? TC speaks of the internet, the fact that the files are public and very easy to access even by children. 
Does it really matter whether files are easily accessible from internet or not, when their parents have got professionally translated copy in their possession which the twins can easily ask for.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 04.10.13 17:18

I thought kate said there are only a minority of people who were against them.

You said the book had a big effect on the McCanns. Have you knowledge of a Petition containing some 17,000 signatures which originated in the UK in January 2008, which demanded that Social Services investigate the family about the children being left alone? 

bet that figure has gone since 2008,

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 04.10.13 17:19

@aiyoyo wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:'SO – Last week, Amelie mentioned that they were talked about at school and that previously it had never happened. Does it have something to do with this trial? TC – Yes, it does'.  

Dont think the astute Judge buy her cock and bull story.....

The Mccanns saga been running for over 6 years. And, the 9-yr old twins been in school since 5-year old, yet this is FIRST time that Amelie heard people talking about their case - all because of a trial over a foreign language book and documentary not available in the UK. What a load of tosh!  

Had she not said it was the first time ever this happened, then maybe you can give her the benefit of the doubt.
She's the dimmest of the witnesses so far.........

ID must be silently relieved she abandonned Grandma Healy ......
Imagine a daughter who's not told her mum anything..who would believe that?
But is TC trying to say in her strange way of thinking - that is also GA's fault because he wrote his Book :/

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 04.10.13 17:24

Thanks for OP and many thanks to Anne.   No wonder ID launched a tirade at Anne, they did not expect anybody as good as Anne to be taking down their evidence and reporting it .titter titter 

Snipped from the OP:

"  The Judge asks her where she was when Madeleine disappeared. TC answers she was at home at the time, she was married and living in .........  She thinks that she was the first person Gerald McCann called after Madeleine was taken. She says she spoke to her local police and then spoke with her mother. She managed to get to Praia da Luz by the 5th May 2007 and remained there for 3 months before returning to the UK.  She later returned to Praia da Luz.
The Judge asks how frequently she speaks with her brother and sister in law and whether she meets them sometimes. TC says she calls them on the phone and sends SMS as well as visiting them in Rothley. But when something important occurs such as this trial she is in daily contact with them.
The Judge asks what the distance is from her home to that of the McCanns in Rothley. TC says it’s about 330 miles
The Judge asks whether TC feels free to tell the truth, in spite of her relationship with the McCanns. TC answers "yes".
The Judge asks whether TC can swear by her honour. TC swears.  

Lives 330 miles away and contacts them daily only when something important occurs -    NEXT WITNESS PLEASE.

Edited to change wording last sentence.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Montclair on 04.10.13 17:40

I don't know if anyone else noticed but the judge ended Trish Cameron's testimony with the phrase "A senhora pode ir à vida" which is a rude way of dismissing someone. I can tell you that I would be somewhat offended if someone dismissed me in that way.

Montclair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by windchime on 04.10.13 17:41

@plebgate wrote:Thanks for OP and many thanks to Anne.   No wonder ID launched a tirade at Anne, they did not expect anybody as good as Anne to be taking down their evidence and reporting it .titter titter 

Snipped from the OP:

"  The Judge asks her where she was when Madeleine disappeared. TC answers she was at home at the time, she was married and living in .........  She thinks that she was the first person Gerald McCann called after Madeleine was taken. She says she spoke to her local police and then spoke with her mother. She managed to get to Praia da Luz by the 5th May 2007 and remained there for 3 months before returning to the UK.  She later returned to Praia da Luz.
The Judge asks how frequently she speaks with her brother and sister in law and whether she meets them sometimes. TC says she calls them on the phone and sends SMS as well as visiting them in Rothley. But when something important occurs such as this trial she is in daily contact with them.
The Judge asks what the distance is from her home to that of the McCanns in Rothley. TC says it’s about 330 miles
The Judge asks whether TC feels free to tell the truth, in spite of her relationship with the McCanns. TC answers "yes".

Lives 330 miles away and contacts them daily only when something important occurs -    NEXT WITNESS PLEASE.

Yes thought that too!  Also why does she send SMS - thought Kate is on record to say GM never texts!!

windchime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 04.10.13 17:44

@Montclair wrote:I don't know if anyone else noticed but the judge ended Trish Cameron's testimony with the phrase "A senhora pode ir à vida" which is a rude way of dismissing someone. I can tell you that I would be somewhat offended if someone dismissed me in that way.
Oh dear, no 'thank you' then?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 04.10.13 17:44

@Montclair wrote:I don't know if anyone else noticed but the judge ended Trish Cameron's testimony with the phrase "A senhora pode ir à vida" which is a rude way of dismissing someone. I can tell you that I would be somewhat offended if someone dismissed me in that way.
perhaps this judge has enough of the shite she has had to listen to

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 04.10.13 17:45

Thanks for that Monclair, I have trouble with English even having been born in the UK, so I wouldn't know where to start with Portugese.  big grin 

That's an interesting insight to what the Judge may be thinking about all these useless witnesses wasting her time.

ETA: Also costing vast amounts of money for the days the court has to be booked, her fees have to be paid, fees of court ushers, court record takers etc. no doubt all paid for by the Portugese taxpayers

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 04.10.13 17:49

@jeanmonroe wrote:
Can these 'witnesses' be recalled to the court if they have knowingly commited perjury?

Just asking.
In UK law if the Court deems it necessary witnesses can be recalled at any time during the proceedings but committing perjury is a criminal offence, as several ex-politicians have found to their cost.  

It would appear that a number of the McCanns' stalwart supporters have lied through their teeth either been economical with the actualite or inhabit the realm of wishful thinking an unreality far removed from the material world. 

I suspect the Fat Fit Controller indoctrinated rehearsed his worshippers witnesses to a point where they are no longer able to 'knowingly' distinguish black from white let alone lie from fact, hence their dismal performances on the stand.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.10.13 17:55

@plebgate wrote:Thanks for OP and many thanks to Anne.   No wonder ID launched a tirade at Anne, they did not expect anybody as good as Anne to be taking down their evidence and reporting it .titter titter 

Snipped from the OP:

One of the phone records presented on a platter to AR/SY

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 04.10.13 18:04

TC says she wishes to say something. She states that Kate studied the PJ files and the process and said it was very different from what is in the book.
Why oh why is Trish relying on Kate for such information? What about her brother Gerry? Did he not study the files?

Once again, it looks like Gerry's side of the family are keen to pin stuff on Kate.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 04.10.13 18:38

ID – When did the twins go to school for the first time? TC – It was in August when they were 5 years old. *
ID – Do they read and write easily? TC answers "yes".  
ID – Do they know of the book and its conclusions? TC says that some pupils mentioned it at school. Last week Amelie told that somebody had spoken about it at school. 
ID – Have you heard her say this? TC says "no".    **
ID – What about Sean? TC says she doesn’t know. 
ID – What did Amelie say? TC – People were speaking about her.
ID – Was she more specific? TC – No, and Kate tried to minimize this. She says that in the past Sean asked his father, "Are you famous?", because a friend told him he had seen his father on TV. Gerry said he wasn't famous, that all this was because of Madeleine. 

* small point, but the twins would imo have started the Autumn term before their 5th b'day.

** TC answers no, but ID ignores this and continues same line of questioning.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 04.10.13 18:54

The Judge – A senhora pode ir à vida = The lady may go back to her life
HA HA HA...Va T'en.....allez.....

One wonder whether the Portuguese Translator vocalised this for her? She so asked for it so she deserved it.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 04.10.13 19:00

TC says she wishes to say something. She states that Kate studied the PJ files and the process and said it was very different from what is in the book.
SO protests and ID even more.
Own goal that.
No wonder ID blood pressure was raised and desperate to halt her doing more damage.....
If you were wondering whether her recounting is hearsay, wonder no more.
She's revealed Kate told her everything......

Oh dear!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.10.13 19:24

Russian doll - you're right about the school date. Trish was almost a year out!

http://news.sky.com/story/722317/parents-pain-as-twins-join-madeleine-school

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 04.10.13 19:27

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Russian doll - you're right about the school date. Trish was almost a year out!

http://news.sky.com/story/722317/parents-pain-as-twins-join-madeleine-school
Just goes to show how close she has been to the milestones in the twins dear lives.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 04.10.13 19:29

Yes, the lack of clarity and accuracy as regards factual events is a problem affecting all the McCanns, not to mention the Healys.

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL on 04.10.13 20:49

Glad to hear the mention of the Petition - I remember when a poster from the old Mirror forum started it, can't remember her name I'm afraid, but she was a serious lady, full of integrity.

So, old Sandy and Trish are divorced, eh?

JackieL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial day 6. Witness 1

Post by Monty Heck on 04.10.13 21:17

ID – What do you know about the consequences, following the shelving of the case? TC says that right after the case had been closed, the book appeared saying her brother and sister in law were somehow involved and that meant no-one would look for Madeleine. As soon as the book was published, people’s opinions started to change. Though "we know that the book doesn't tell the truth", while they were trying to get some balance, people didn't believe the official version.

The book appeared and this meant no-one would look for M?  Not fewer people, or maybe some of the people who were able to read the book in Portuguese, but according to TC no-one at all would look.  So immediately then?  No, wait "As soon as the book was published, people's opinions started to change." And they know this was down to the book and not to the release of the official files because.......?  The claim that people didn't believe the official version is ludicrous; they have admitted monitoring the internet, so the clamour against them when the case was shelved with no charges could not have been missed.  

When they came back to the UK, the people supported them. What an extravagant claim; this was the McCs darkest hour and the press was in meltdown.  The Express group supported them so much they ended up having to make an extremely large 'donation'   After the book was published, the number of supporters decreased.  Simple as that.

She says she used to help her brother and sister in law and had to make sure that someone would watch over them when she had to leave. 

ID – For how long have you been doing this? TC says she did it every time she had days off or a long week-end. Many people came to help.

Interesting. In Portugal they seemed disturbingly carefree (TC included) yet back in UK she had not only to help them but could not leave unless she ensured 'someone would watch over them'.  Unfortunately no timescale is given but if this has been going on for the past 6+ years it is not surprising she is now divorced.  IMO

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum