The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This latest news from Scotland Yard...

5% 5% 
[ 6 ]
38% 38% 
[ 43 ]
56% 56% 
[ 63 ]

Total Votes : 112

Re: OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries

Post by Cristobell on 07.10.13 10:27

As usual the McCanns have created a media furore to cloud whatever it is that is going on.  They must be under intense pressure at the moment, they never wanted a reconstruction and have played down its importance for 6 years, yet Scotland Yard seem to have made this central to the new appeal. 

On top of which Scotland Yard are examining the call records in and around PDL during the crucial time.  The McCanns have much to worry about here, the calls they deleted were detected and the pay as you go phones purchased by David Payne will be scrutinised.  

There is of course a possibility that the Yard are turning up the heat, and those with big secrets are sweating profusely. As we on this forum know, the only real calls of interest are those deleted by Kate and Gerry.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 07.10.13 10:35

@Cristobell wrote:As usual the McCanns have created a media furore to cloud whatever it is that is going on.  They must be under intense pressure at the moment, they never wanted a reconstruction and have played down its importance for 6 years, yet Scotland Yard seem to have made this central to the new appeal. 

On top of which Scotland Yard are examining the call records in and around PDL during the crucial time.  The McCanns have much to worry about here, the calls they deleted were detected and the pay as you go phones purchased by David Payne will be scrutinised.  

There is of course a possibility that the Yard are turning up the heat, and those with big secrets are sweating profusely. As we on this forum know, the only real calls of interest are those deleted by Kate and Gerry.
Exactly Cristobell. They bleat on and on about wanting certain things (lie detectors, drugs testing, sniffer dogs, reconstructions etc) and when it is about to be delivered they want it on their own terms only, or just make excuses to get out of it. Or wash clothes and CuddleCat when they knew the sniffer dogs were en route. 

I have never before seen such bog-standard civilians think they can dictate to the Police and even the Government. And laughably, since the McCanns made a hoo-ha at Leveson regarding press intrusion, they have deliberately put themselves in the public eye many times since.

They live their lives like a never ending Opposites Day.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 07.10.13 10:48

@Cristobell wrote:As usual the McCanns have created a media furore to cloud whatever it is that is going on.  They must be under intense pressure at the moment, they never wanted a reconstruction and have played down its importance for 6 years, yet Scotland Yard seem to have made this central to the new appeal. 

I don't see any reason for the Yard to engage with the UK Press. I don't see any reason for the Yard to divulge anything to the UK Press until arrests have been made.

I don't see any need for a Crimewatch pre-planned SIMULATED 'reconstruction' done in Spain and the McCanns given live airtime on the Yard's initiative.

The Yard and GCHQ have the capability to analyse mobile phone data. In fact it would be pretty insulting if they hadn't already done that just after Madeleine disappeared.

Sorry, but for me it's pantomime time.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ProfessorPPlum on 07.10.13 10:52

Popcorn wrote:It's two and a half years since Operation Grange began and we've learned little more than how many £millions of taxpayers' money they've spent and the fact that Madeleine might be 'alive or dead'. Now, just as the McCann libel trial arrives, and the moment the defence is about to put their witnesses on the stand, all of a sudden Scotland Yard are saying they're 'ready to make arrests' (according to today's screaming front-page headline on the Daily Mirror). This seems like a remarkable coincidence to me.
I agree Popcord and isn't it such a pity that the newspapers don't see just how completely they're being manipulated by Team McCann? There are only two primary feeds of information that will drive mainstream media output on the McCanns: their 'sources' and The Met's 'sources'. 

Track backward from every media story that we're currently seeing in the the papers and TV and we'll find CM (aka 'sources close to...' and 'a family source' etc). 

The MSM remains as greedy and as cynical as it has ever been. The only difference here, in my opinion, is that Team McCann - through the agency of master manipulator Clarence Mitchell - has exploited it to make money and to frustrate justice. As such a quite uncommon state of affairs.

ProfessorPPlum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 07.10.13 11:23

The elephant in the room (and probably one of a herd ..) is why SY make no reference to the PJ files and evidence gathered at the time.  On what basis has it never been mentioned, (as far as I am aware in the general media)? 

Wouldn't that logically be taken as a starting point for the "review"?  Yet it seems not to exist, at least in terms of SY statements. 

In fact the evidence - as detailed in the PJ files and in Dr. Amaral's book - seems left out of the equation entirely.  If it has been dismissed by SY, on what grounds? 
 clapping

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 07.10.13 11:31

@ProfessorPPlum wrote:
Popcorn wrote:It's two and a half years since Operation Grange began and we've learned little more than how many £millions of taxpayers' money they've spent and the fact that Madeleine might be 'alive or dead'. Now, just as the McCann libel trial arrives, and the moment the defence is about to put their witnesses on the stand, all of a sudden Scotland Yard are saying they're 'ready to make arrests' (according to today's screaming front-page headline on the Daily Mirror). This seems like a remarkable coincidence to me.
I agree Popcord and isn't it such a pity that the newspapers don't see just how completely they're being manipulated by Team McCann? There are only two primary feeds of information that will drive mainstream media output on the McCanns: their 'sources' and The Met's 'sources'. 

Track backward from every media story that we're currently seeing in the the papers and TV and we'll find CM (aka 'sources close to...' and 'a family source' etc). 

The MSM remains as greedy and as cynical as it has ever been. The only difference here, in my opinion, is that Team McCann - through the agency of master manipulator Clarence Mitchell - has exploited it to make money and to frustrate justice. As such a quite uncommon state of affairs.
Missing Madeleine has made a lot of people a lot of money, and all those professionals who descended on PDL in the aftermath of the crime have had their eye on the cash the prize since day one, sadly, that includes the parents.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 07.10.13 11:38

@Searcher wrote:The elephant in the room (and probably one of a herd ..) is why SY make no reference to the PJ files and evidence gathered at the time.  On what basis has it never been mentioned, (as far as I am aware in the general media)? 

Wouldn't that logically be taken as a starting point for the "review"?  Yet it seems not to exist, at least in terms of SY statements. 

In fact the evidence - as detailed in the PJ files and in Dr. Amaral's book - seems left out of the equation entirely.  If it has been dismissed by SY, on what grounds? 
 clapping
That is exactly how I view this so called crimewatch "special " nothing at all to do with the original police files, so what are the public going to be treated to ?

Just another Mcs special, with them in control of what they did and didn't do ?.......and another plea for donations !!!

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 07.10.13 11:51

Absolutely agree Jozi.  We are not talking here about random 'speculation on the net';
we are talking about a formal PJ police investigation which has been apparently left out of
the equation entirely.  That may not be so, of course, it may be that much more subtle,
underlying processes are taking place that are not visible.

Anything less would seem historic to say the least.  What are we supposed to make of
the UK govt. position and that of SY?  Are they idiots, or is it collusion? 

Let's hope it's neither in the wider scheme of things, and for the sake of truth.clapping

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 07.10.13 12:06

@Searcher wrote:The elephant in the room (and probably one of a herd ..) is why SY make no reference to the PJ files and evidence gathered at the time.  On what basis has it never been mentioned, (as far as I am aware in the general media)? 

clapping
Not forgetting the Leicestershire Police.

Kate McCann in her book Madeleine has now provided an excerpt from the official submission of Leicester Police to the court regarding the matter and outlining the reasons why they could not agree to provide the documents. Signed by the assistant chief constable of Leicestershire it runs:

"While one or both of them may be innocent, there is no clear evidence that eliminates them from involvement in Madeleine's disappearance."

So are SY ruling out that little 'gem' from a fellow Police Force?

It appears that AR/SY are taking every utterance from the McCanns as 'gospel'

Totally going against greatly considered opinion from other UK police and an entire country's, Portugal, police force.

Why would SY seem to be totally 'believing' of the McS when other equally experienced police, in two countries, have EXPRESSED doubts about them?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It makes no sense ..

Post by Searcher on 07.10.13 12:30

Hello Jeanmonroe - thankyou; that adds considerably!  There is no answer, and of course
that in itself is entitled to lead to reasoned speculation.

What we are seeing and hearing now seems to go against everything I have understood
about police work, including forensic police work.  Hard to imagine this scenario in a Miss Marple,
Poirot, or Columbo episode!  All fiction of course! 

It is also hard to imagine that we, as citizens not trained in police work, can read, digest,
analyse basic information (as opposed to propaganda or driven ranting) and come up with a battery of unanswered questions (as did the PJ of course).  Yet the trained, paid SY can't?  And will Crimewatch?

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 07.10.13 12:53

On this thread here, Candyfloss talks about Tapas 7, a term that was already used in 2008.
I think it is because Mrs. Webster had not been informed about the death, that night, the group kept her out of the issue. And the term Tapas 7 was preserved through the years.
About Tapas 10: one can read it on A Estrela(star, fate) de Madeleine, written by Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, before Amaral's book, where the writer calls the attention to a 10th person, unknown, who helped the parents to hide the body, because the McCanns did not know Algarve. Cristóvão says Tapas  10 is the key to the disappearance of the corpse.

I don't remember to have written that the Yard knows about the whereabouts of the body.
I wrote about it but my intention was writing "the PJ".
Once,there was an interview to Amaral on Correio da Manhã, where the journalist asked him if the police knew more about the case.  -"Much more! Even the possibility of the whereabouts of the body". I think he said, in the same interview,  that it was in Praia da Luz. But he said it.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 07.10.13 14:13

Cristobell thank you for your support.
Btw, I wrote a long comment on one of your posts, I did something wrong on the computer and it disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ITV lunchtime news ..

Post by Searcher on 07.10.13 14:33

Juliet Bremner reporting at lunchtime, following interview with GM said
(to paraphrase) that the Met were concentrating on the mountain of
mobile phone data "and what they want to know is which mobile phones
were closest to Madeleine at that moment".  It would be "unhelpful to
go into theories about how she may have disappeared but to focus
instead on concrete material, ... not the reasons for her disappearance ..
or the endless round of speculation we have had until this time."

Fairly accurate wording above from the report and, if so, an interesting choice
of words perhaps.nah

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 07.10.13 15:15

@Searcher wrote:Juliet Bremner reporting at lunchtime, following interview with GM said

of words perhaps.nah
And THOSE phones which were CLOSEST to Madeleine at that moment were..............drumroll....................the McCanns!

After all Snitch Mitch has already told us they didn't take them with them to the Tapas! (or their watches LOL)

Strangely enough i have never seen them WITHOUT a watch on these last SIX YEARS!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 07.10.13 15:30

Agreed, Jeanmonroe!  It also occurs to me that, if the Met want to concentrate on "concrete
material", and they are not including in that the PJ files, what does that make of their recognition of the
Portuguese investigations?  On what grounds would the PJ conclusions be "not concrete"?  And where does that place the forty-eight unanswered questions?  thumbsup

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.10.13 17:09

Popcorn wrote:Very true, Portia. Both Scotland Yard's recent leakings and the numerous 'sightings' of Madeleine reported in the press in the years since Amaral's book was published suggest that Madeleine has continued to be more 'searched for' by ordinary members of the public than pretty much any missing person since Lord Lucan.
Not counting Shergar!

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi on 07.10.13 17:11

@marconi wrote:On this thread here, Candyfloss talks about Tapas 7, a term that was already used in 2008.
I think it is because Mrs. Webster had not been informed about the death, that night, the group kept her out of the issue. And the term Tapas 7 was preserved through the years.
About Tapas 10: one can read it on A Estrela(star, fate) de Madeleine, written by Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, before Amaral's book, where the writer calls the attention to a 10th person, unknown, who helped the parents to hide the body, because the McCanns did not know Algarve. Cristóvão says Tapas  10 is the key to the disappearance of the corpse.

I don't remember to have written that the Yard knows about the whereabouts of the body.
I wrote about it but my intention was writing "the PJ".
Once,there was an interview to Amaral on Correio da Manhã, where the journalist asked him if the police knew more about the case.  -"Much more! Even the possibility of the whereabouts of the body". I think he said, in the same interview,  that it was in Praia da Luz. But he said it.
Indeed, I wrote that "the police know about the whereabouts", not the Scotland Yard knows.
According to Francisco Moita Flores, former PJ officer,  there were 12 people involved in the case,Tapas 9 +3.
About the word "death". On their raport, the PJ wrote that they wondered in which "circumstances the death took place".
I did not write that the Yard lied.
I wrote that the Yard "could have lied".

grave: I consider grave any place where her body might be.

marconi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 07.10.13 17:13

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@Searcher wrote:Juliet Bremner reporting at lunchtime, following interview with GM said

of words perhaps.nah
And THOSE phones which were CLOSEST to Madeleine at that moment were..............drumroll....................the McCanns!

After all Snitch Mitch has already told us they didn't take them with them to the Tapas! (or their watches LOL)

Strangely enough i have never seen them WITHOUT a watch on these last SIX YEARS!
Yes you did; yesterday's Forum sported a pic of himself with a discernible bleak streak on his left wrist, watch-size/shape

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 07.10.13 17:42

Jean Munroe 'And THOSE phones which were CLOSEST to Madeleine at that moment were..............drumroll....................the McCanns!'

Though we don't know when the 'moment' actually was hopefully the pattern of phone activity will help pinpoint it.

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 07.10.13 19:29

ITV early evening news interesting; almost the same report and interview from Juliet Bremner; some
changes in description of Met activity.  They are "happy with the way the investigatilon is going
and have theories .. trying to find which telephones were close to the apartment where she
disappeared - whether taken or whatever happened to her .. to find out who owned those
telephones.  They say they are happy but it has opened up theories ..  they keep saying you
have to be cautious.  They want to go on to the programme and make an appeal."splat 

Noted:  no mention of "speculation" as lunchtime report; mention this time though of the phrase " .. or
whatever happened to her ..".  I think that may be a first!

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.10.13 22:58

Was it Paiva that reiterated in court today that the current investigation by SY is under the remit from the government (Home Office) to investigate from the abduction perspective only?  If this is really the case, it does explain a lot of the blarney Andy Redwood is coming out with recently.  And it would mean the root of the corruption/whitewash stems from Teresa May and David Cameron (under persuasion from Rebeka Brooks). IMO there is still one hell of a lot of dirt to come out from that direction.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Lost

Post by Tony Bennett on 08.10.13 23:07

@Woofer wrote:Was it Paiva that reiterated in court today that the current investigation by SY is under the remit from the government (Home Office) to investigate from the abduction perspective only?  If this is really the case, it does explain a lot of the blarney Andy Redwood is coming out with recently.  And it would mean the root of the corruption/whitewash stems from Teresa May and David Cameron (under persuasion from Rebeka Brooks). IMO there is still one hell of a lot of dirt to come out from that direction.
 Woofer, I think this is incorrect.

The way it worked out in practice was that Dr Kate McCann wrote a book to be published and serialised by the Sun and then the McCanns demanded a new review and then Rupert Murdoch told Rebekah Brooks who told ["persuaded"]  David Cameron who told Theresa May who told the then Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police (the recent but not lamented former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson) to 'hold a review'.

After that it was the Metropolitan Police (Scotland Yard) themselves (not the government) who were left to decide their own precise remit - and just to remind everyone of the exact wording of it, it was (as revealed in answer to a Freedom of Information Act request):

“The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before. It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter…”

As an aside, it doesn't look as though the remit was very successfully carried out, in that the Portuguese authorities do not seem to want to 'progress the matter'. Hence six senior British detectives somewhere in or near Faro trying to interview 41 'persons of interest', most of them in Portugal, while their 37 colleagues in the U.K. spend the next few months trying to get thousands of mobile 'phone records from a 'call dump' located in 31 separate countries - and then start 'phoning up the owners (if, six years later, they still have the same mobile 'phones) to see if they can remember anything.

If, of course, the owner of a certain mobile 'phone is, say, Herr Fritz Dachenstein of Ludwigshafen (or for that matter Frau Gretel Kuechenarbeiterin of Schoendorf-an-der-Fluss), who were holidaying in Praia da Luz at the time, but are no longer handily available on their previous mobile 'phone numbers, they will have to be traced (if they are still alive of course) and, if their new telephone number can be traced, they will be contacted by one of Redwood's men who speaks German, or if not, they will find someone who can speak German to speak to them, and then, if necessary, arrange to visit them at Ludwigshafen or Schoendorf-an-der-Fluss as appropriate.

If another person who had a mobile 'phone with him in Praia da Luz around that time is, say, Dieter van Doetinchem from, say 's Hertogenbosch in Holland, then they will go through the same exercise as above and end up needing someone who can speak Dutch, though I believe there are at least three people on here who could perhaps volunteer their services. And so on, until they have traced every single one of thousands of visitors (with mobile 'phones) in Praia da Luz in the weeks around the time Madeleine was reported missing (I think I read somewhere that the SY Review team want to look at periods both before and after the week the McCanns were there).

The dedication of Redwood and his men has me lost for words.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.10.13 23:28

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Woofer wrote:Was it Paiva that reiterated in court today that the current investigation by SY is under the remit from the government (Home Office) to investigate from the abduction perspective only?  If this is really the case, it does explain a lot of the blarney Andy Redwood is coming out with recently.  And it would mean the root of the corruption/whitewash stems from Teresa May and David Cameron (under persuasion from Rebeka Brooks). IMO there is still one hell of a lot of dirt to come out from that direction.
 Woofer, I think this is incorrect.

The way it worked out in practice was that Dr Kate McCann wrote a book to be published and serialised by the Sun and then the McCanns demanded a new review and then Rupert Murdoch told Rebekah Brooks who told ["persuaded"]  David Cameron who told Theresa May who told the then Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police (the recent but not lamented former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson) to 'hold a review'.

After that it was the Metropolitan Police (Scotland Yard) themselves (not the government) who were left to decide their own precise remit - and just to remind everyone of the exact wording of it, it was (as revealed in answer to a Freedom of Information Act request):

“The investigative review is intended to collate, record and analyse what has gone before. It is to examine the case and seek to determine, (as if the abduction occurred in the UK) what additional, new investigative approaches we would take and which can assist the Portuguese authorities in progressing the matter…”
Thank you Tony - you`ve got a very good memory !

So Rupert`s paper got to serialise the book, for which the McCann`s were paid then, for some reason, Rupert does the McCann`s bidding and uses his influence to get a review for them.  Was this just to sell more newspapers I wonder or is there some jiggery pokery going on?

I didn`t realise it was Scotland Yard who decided the remit.  I`d like to know exactly who made the decision to proceed "as if the abduction occurred in the UK" and not "as if the disappearance occurred in the UK".

P.S. Glad you`ve still got your sense of humour big grin

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 08.10.13 23:37

@Woofer wrote:I`d like to know exactly who made the decision to proceed "as if the abduction occurred in the UK" and not "as if the disappearance occurred in the UK".
 I suspect it went something like this.

Andy Redwood was probably tasked with coming up with a draft form of words for the remit.

He then took it to his boss Hamish Campbell - he of the failed prosecution of Barry Bulsara for the murder of Jill Dando.

He then took it to his boss, Simon Foy, who would have asked the Met Police Commissioner if the proposed wording of the remit was OK.

He probably said: 'I'd better run it past Theresa May', who then probably contacted Prime Minister David Cameron.

From there on, a short SMS text message from Cameron to Rebekah Brooks: "Is this wording OK, Rebekah? LOL" would probably have settled it.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum