The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Mm11

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Mm11

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Regist10

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This latest news from Scotland Yard...

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Vote_lcap5%OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Vote_lcap38%OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 43 ]
OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Vote_lcap56%OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 63 ]

Total Votes : 112

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Empty Re: OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries

Post by ShuBob 04.10.13 10:15

candyfloss wrote:
 Tony Bennett wrote:

It is impossible in my view that Gerry and Kate McCann would agree to participate in this programme unless they and their team were 100% happy with the filmed reconstruction.

I don't agree with that Tony, imo they have no choice............how would it look if they refused, they couldn't could they?
Exactly my thinking, Candy. IMO, this reconstruction is out of their hands.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Empty Re: OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries

Post by Tony Bennett 04.10.13 10:29

Woofer wrote:By REBECCA CAMBER

The log was recovered by the Portuguese police although it has never been properly analysed due to the sheer scale of the task...
Cheers!  Promotions, expenses trips abroad, increased police pensions etc. all round - at the taxpayers' expense!  

Let's celebrate with a party have a vital strategy meeting to co-ordinate our action plan

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 04.10.13 10:34

I think the proof will be in the pudding. 

The only way to tell if it is a whitewash is if the Reconstruction follows the statements or not. If they represent it any differently its a done deal.

Taking into account that Redwood has said they have new theory, all the phone data, widening the scope of enquiries not decreasing as TB has said and the "Reconstruction" (why couldn't take place when Portuguese requested it but its ok now?) and the co-operation on Crimewatch.

IMO I think whitewash.

Massive mountain of data to process stretching into future - no end to investigation in sight ad infinitum.......
Reconstruction with co-operation of GM/KM - no hint of anyone else?

Are they still waiting for the general public to tire and ask for it to cease so that Kate can see "the end" she is looking for.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.10.13 10:34

Poe wrote:I still don't see a whitewash. The McCanns handed SY a whitewash on a plate with Raymond Hewitt and it would have been better from the McCanns' perspective for their innocence to be "proven" prior to the court case. A whitewash would have been done and dusted by now.

Each action by SY so far, while seeming to support the McCanns, has subtly ratcheted up the pressure. Kate & Gerry never ever wanted to do a reconstruction but now they have been manoeuvered into a position where they cannot say no.

I'm not going to vote because none of the answers correspond to my way of thinking:

1) This is a case with forensically aware perpetrators so while I hope Madeleine will be found, I'm not convinced that there is anything left of her to be found.

2) If this is a proper investigation rather than a whitewash, what Scotland Yard are doing makes sense to me.

3) beggars belief - no comment
But the Yard did not say the Mccanns and their friends were used in the reconstruction or where it was done?  

One can only hope it was done according to the Mccanns' script (statements).  They can't protest about their statements surely?

At best, this reconstruction done to the knowledge of Mccanns, not necessary with them, can be seen to have the seal of approval from Mccanns since they're appearing side-by-side with Redwood to appeal for 'someone' to come forward, based on this Crime Watch Reconstruction to be aired on BBC on 14th, and also to  to be aired in German TV on the 16th.

Would the slammed door and whooshing curtains be shown?
Which side of the road will Gerry & JW stand?  
Will they show JT's swarthy foreigner?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.10.13 10:41

Jerry Lawton just tweeted this......

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 1m
DCI Redwood, leading #McCann probe, says Madeleine's parents are `very supportive' and police's relationship with them is `very strong'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.10.13 10:43

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 29s
Met Police say they have `unique' knowledge of #McCann case - studied original police files from Portugal/Leics & info from 8 PI firms
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyewacket 04.10.13 10:43

marconi wrote:according to redwood, the Yard was working backwards.
they finally arrived at the Ocean Club, imo.
That is why they want the reconstruction to be made: this week they will arrive at May the 3rd,  or they arrived already, the reconstruction will take place.
The abductor hidden behind the door, according to Gerry, jumping out if the window, being seeing by Jane, the stain on the pyjama   and compare 2 men with a child, one of them being Gerry (Smiths).
Imo the reconstruction is possibly being made this week-end, because people have jobs.

Who knows it happened yesterday and the rest today, that is why the hearing will be tomorrow, Saturday.

The day before yesterday, Wednesday, Gerry arrived in Lisbon pulling a bag, and I wonder if he went from Lisbon straight to Faro. According to myself, he had no bag with him  the weeks before.

All IMO.
Just a thought Marconi, but I would guess that its very quiet in PdL at this time of year !
Pyewacket
Pyewacket

Activity : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.10.13 10:45

Poe wrote:I still don't see a whitewash. The McCanns handed SY a whitewash on a plate with Raymond Hewitt and it would have been better from the McCanns' perspective for their innocence to be "proven" prior to the court case. A whitewash would have been done and dusted by now.

Each action by SY so far, while seeming to support the McCanns, has subtly ratcheted up the pressure. Kate & Gerry never ever wanted to do a reconstruction but now they have been manoeuvered into a position where they cannot say no.

I'm not going to vote because none of the answers correspond to my way of thinking:

1) This is a case with forensically aware perpetrators so while I hope Madeleine will be found, I'm not convinced that there is anything left of her to be found.

2) If this is a proper investigation rather than a whitewash, what Scotland Yard are doing makes sense to me.

3) beggars belief - no comment
I'm with you all the way Poe.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04.10.13 10:46

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 1m
Mobile phone database in #McCann case was compiled for Portuguese police but has been analysed in minute detail for 1st time by Met police
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.10.13 10:50

candyfloss wrote:Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 1m
Mobile phone database in #McCann case was compiled for Portuguese police but has been analysed in minute detail for 1st time by Met police
If this is the case, one has to ask why the Met didn't assist the PJ at the time. Weren't they supposed to be working together even then?
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 04.10.13 10:52

Re: OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV in FOUR countries

Post PeterMac Today at 9:57 am
Grange has kikoraton's analysis.

I have copied and paste PeterM's last post on this subject.

Is J Lawton aware of this I wonder.
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique 04.10.13 10:53

ShuBob wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 1m
If this is the case, one has to ask why the Met didn't assist the PJ at the time. Weren't they supposed to be working together even then?
If I remember correctly the PJ had phone data but were not allowed to use it (texts I think) so maybe they felt it was not worth investigating further.

Activity : 1460

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.10.13 10:54

Ribisl wrote:Sky News: "Suspects no more; now they have the police on their side."

The McCanns are to make an official appeal on Crime Watch at the end of the month, as opposed to all their previous personal appeals on the media.
The heading is SO strange. Laden with hidden meaning ?

Haven't they told the UK Public they were cleared (exonerated)? So what does it mean "now they have police on their side", vs they haven't before despite the lift of arguido status?

Gerry will have to think of something new to say at the Libel (if he's speaking)m since he can't say no one is searching or that the search is harmed.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 04.10.13 11:00

The Police are working backwards?

Backwards from when? From when she was last seen in the public or last seen in bed by her dad?

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic 04.10.13 11:02

I do not believe there is to be a whitewash

I feel what we are being shown on the main stage is not what is actually the game plan drawn out and agreed in the dressing room

IMHO the mccanns are being given everything their PR/spin team have ever requested - Review, crimewatch re-construction etc 

NSY said they wouldnt give a running commentary - they are (for what reason) guage reaction

I have faith in DCS Campbell statement said there were a “good number” of people who could be interviewed and eliminated to allow investigators to focus on a smaller group"

IMHO they are investigating by elimination with an unprecedented approach by starting from the outside and bit by bit working back to the beginning eliminating on the way rather than the traditional route of starting at the beginning and working out.
Sceptic

Activity : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 04.10.13 11:02

Is it only SY on their side or Portugese as well

I really cannot see Port. police agreeing to a reconstruction whitewash, come to that SY also.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.10.13 11:03

The BBC's 'take' on the news:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Madeleine McCann: Phone records may hold key, UK police say
By Danny Shaw, Home affairs correspondent, BBC News

[PICTURE:   Madeleine was three when she disappeared from her family's holiday apartment in the Algarve in 2007]

Mobile phone records may hold the key to solving the Madeleine McCann case, Scotland Yard detectives believe.

Three-year-old Madeleine, of Rothley, Leicestershire, vanished on holiday in Praia de Luz, Algarve, in 2007.

Police are analysing data from thousands of phones belonging to people in the village at the time. There are 41 potential suspects, they say.

No they're not. They haven't even got those data yet. They'll first have to wait for responses to rogatory letters (or similar) sent to 31 countries

A major appeal based on "substantive" new information will be broadcast on the BBC's Crimewatch on 14 October.

This 'substantive' and 'new information will be of great interest.

Madeleine was days away from her fourth birthday when she disappeared from her family's holiday apartment.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, who is leading the inquiry, said officers were examining a "substantial amount of data" from mobile phones thought to belong to people who were in the resort of Praia de Luz in the days just before, during and after Madeleine's disappearance.

Police are trying to identify the owner of each phone to build up a picture of exactly who was in the area. More than 3,000 people live in Praia de Luz, while holidaymakers and seasonal workers visit from countries across the world.

That will take a lot of letters going to and fro with mobile 'phone companies in 31 countries

"This is not just a general trawl," said Det Ch Insp Redwood.

"It's a targeted attack on that data to see if it assists us to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann at that time."

'Timeline'

Det Ch Insp Redwood said officers had so far been unable to attribute a "large number" of mobile numbers and admitted that it was difficult to do so with phones bought six years ago on a pay-as-you-go basis.

Almost impossible. Is this effort justified?

[Quote: "It's not just a bland 'Can you help us?' appeal. There is different material and a different understanding to be presented” - Mark Rowley, Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner - End Quote]

The records also contain information on which phone numbers were dialled and when calls were made. It is thought some phone numbers might appear on police intelligence systems or be linked to criminals.

"We can see what the phone is doing, but we can't see the text messages," said the detective. "It shows a timeline of the call data."

According to Scotland Yard, the phone records had been "looked at" during the initial Portuguese police investigation but not in detail.

Jim Gamble,

Yesterday's man

the former head of the UK's Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre told the BBC's Today programme he had recommended the "cell dump" was looked at again in his 2010 review of the case.

Asked by reporters if the information held the key to the investigation, Det Ch Insp Redwood replied "It could do."

But it might take us two or three more years to find out

He said there was no CCTV available - evidence which is often used to help solve missing persons inquiries in the UK.

Scotland Yard announced it was launching an investigation into Madeleine's disappearance in July - after spending two years reviewing the case, under the codename Operation Grange.

At that time, detectives said there were 38 "persons of interest" from five different countries - Portugal, the UK and three others that were not named.

Police said the number had now gone up to 41, of whom 15 were UK nationals.

However, detectives said work was "pretty now complete" on three of the Britons and they were likely to be struck off the list in the near future.

No one has been arrested.

'Gathering momentum'

[PICTURE: Police issued a computer-generated image (r) of how Madeleine might have looked aged nine]

Since July, police have formally requested the co-operation of the Portuguese authorities and a team of six senior detectives from Faro, in the Algarve, has begun working on the inquiry. Portuguese authorities dropped their investigation into her disappearance in 2008.

Very significantly, neither Redwood nor the BBC nor anyone else for that matter has yet said how the 'Portuguese authorities' have responded to SY's request

Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said it was a "good and professional" relationship and it was hoped that in future a small group of Scotland Yard detectives would be based in the Algarve to work with the Portuguese.

"Hope". Still not agreed then?

"It's easier to do it alongside than at a distance," he said.

One can immediately see why Rowley has been promoted to the rank of Assistant Commissioner

Law enforcement agencies in 30 other countries - most of them in Europe - have also been asked for their assistance, principally to trace people thought to have been in Praia de Luz at the time.

Speaking to the BBC's Today programme, Paul Sommer, an expert on cyber security, said the "multi-jurisdictional nature" of the case, which would involve mobile phone companies in different countries - and the gap in time - could make it harder to track people down.

But he said "cell site data" was routinely used in most criminal court cases in the UK.

Mr Gamble said the EU data retention directive, which compels telephone companies to retain call and internet records for a period of time, was at an "immature stage" in 2007.

Decoded, this means it wasn't properly in force.

But he said it appeared the data "wasn't properly or appropriately interrogated," at the time.

New opportunity to criticise the Portuguese police.

In UK investigations, he would expect the data to have been examined almost immediately, he said, but the "complex nature and geography" had made it more difficult.

Detectives said "fresh and substantive" information would emerge on 14 October, when the BBC broadcasts a Crimewatch appeal.

Mr Rowley said: "It's not just a bland 'can you help us?' appeal. There is different material and a different understanding to be presented."

Appeals for witnesses and information are also expected to air in Germany, the Netherlands and, possibly, the Republic of Ireland - the countries where most of the tourists in Praia de Luz came from.

Not in Morocco or North Africa, where the McCann Team kept pointing us?

The Crimewatch programme will feature a reconstruction and interviews with Kate and Gerry McCann, who, for the first time, will appear alongside detectives working on the investigation.

Police said the investigation was "gathering momentum", though much work was still to be done.

Of 39,148 documents from the various police and private investigator inquiries detectives from Operation Grange have processed 21,614 of them.

That's a strike rate of processing 24.67 documents every single say for the 876 documents since Operation Grange began on 12 May 2011. But it leaves another 17,534 documents to process. At the same rate of striking (24.67 documents per day), this will ltake them another 710 days or very nearly two more years.

The number of police tasks, known as "actions", to be carried out by the new 37-strong investigative team numbers 4,920, of which 2,123 have been completed.

Not such good news. The 2,123 actions have taken 876 days so far to complete. With another 2,797 to go, that could take another three years at the same rate of progress

Det Ch Insp Redwood said police were working backwards from the moment Madeleine went missing to understand what happened to her.

"It's like peeling back the layers from an onion," he said.

Or: "We've only just begun to peel back the first few layers"

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.10.13 11:15

Sceptic wrote:I do not believe there is to be a whitewash...I have faith in DCS Campbell's statement, he said there were a “good number” of people who could be interviewed and eliminated to allow investigators to focus on a smaller group"
 DCS Hamish Campbell is best known for his arrest and prosecution of Barry George/Bulsara as the man (later freed from prison on appeal) who shot dead Jill Dando at point blank range - an outrageous murder that to this day the Met has failed to solve

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 04.10.13 11:17

sallypelt wrote:BBC explaining "Cell Dump" now, on TV
How very helpful of them

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 04.10.13 11:22

Tony Bennett wrote:
 How very helpful of them
Tony, I am feeling cautiously optimistic. Although, during the interview, the McCann's names were never mentioned, the person giving the interview spoke as if he was speaking about certain people. He even said that it was because of phone call analysis that they were able to catch "Harold Shipman". I found that statement rather telling.

sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt 04.10.13 11:24

And something else I've noticed. Redwood talks about MADELEINE and not Kate and Gerry. He refers to Kate and Gerry as "Madeleine's parents"
sallypelt

Activity : 5319

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.10.13 11:24

The McCanns are OBVIOUS suspects. It's clear (to me anyway) that each time Redwood has appeared to rule them out as such in interviews he's been responding to direct questions from reporters. If it's so obvious they've been cleared,why do reporters persist with that line of questioning?

IMO, a whitewash is not possible much as anyone tries.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

OPERATION GRANGE - Independent 4/10/13 SY Review Team says there's now *41* persons of interest, and they're trying with the help of Interpol to track mobile 'phones linked to 31 countries worldwide... *PLUS* A new Crimewatch TV appeal in FOUR countries - Page 7 Empty Broadcast Crimewatch

Post by Guest 04.10.13 11:25

Any information on when the Maddie case is to be aired?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 04.10.13 11:26

sallypelt wrote:
Tony Bennett wrote:
 How very helpful of them
Tony, I am feeling cautiously optimistic. Although, during the interview, the McCann's names were never mentioned, the person giving the interview spoke as if he was speaking about certain people. He even said that it was because of phone call analysis that they were able to catch "Harold Shipman". I found that statement rather telling.
We may be a rare breed sallypelt but like you I'm optimistic.
ShuBob

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top