The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Post by The Slave on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:08 am

I wonder what's being said here. laughat

The Slave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Post by sweetex on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:09 am

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:It's 13.32 in the U K and Lisbon now - what time is it where you are Sweetex?
We are one hour ahead of UK. It is currently 16:07. I believe time changing soon then it will be 2 hours?

@Snifferdog:

Thanks for replying in the meantime... !!!! Hope you are well. Glad you are still following the case thumbup

sweetex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:10 am

Madeleine: 'Claims In Book Multiplied Our Pain'

Madeleine's father says he and wife Kate were left in "purgatory" by claims they were involved in her disappearance.

http://news.sky.com/story/1149207/madeleine-claims-in-book-multiplied-our-pain

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:11 am

@Snifferdog wrote:No Fate Worse Than De'Ath
It's 13.32 in the U K and Lisbon now - what time is it where you are Sweetex?

Hi. Hope you don't mind NFWTD and Sweetex if I answer?  We use Greenwich Mean Time x

I always find this site helpfull:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:12 am

ID 'gave up' Healy last week.

She is a looser cannon than even her daughter.

ID knew this, and removed her from their witness list.

All we have had today, so far, is from TC.

All we have had today is ...................HEARSAY, HEARSAY, HEARSAY.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:12 am

So according to Sky news GM has given evidence..........contrary to other reports....

Gerry McCann and his sister have given evidence in Lisbon against a former police chief accused of making allegations about the disappearance of his daughter, Madeleine

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:14 am

@Portia wrote:What an unholy mess!

GM's to-ing & fro-ing is getting more ridiculous with every passing appearance

Why did his attorney not instruct him any better, or file papers in due time, and why did she delete mother Healy as a witness without telling her clients -or mother Healy- she did so?

And where is that celebrated Dean of the Order of Portuguese Attorneys, prevaricating from (1) personal appearance to (2)paper writ and (3) back to appearing in the flesh to (4): 'No, thank you, I'd rather not', as seems to be the case as his name does not appear any more on IDs little list. 

What a spectacle, what a mess.

Last but not least: can anyone please enlighten me as to the credibility of any statement to be made by GM (IF he makes any) AFTER his own witnesses have preceded him and he -no doubt no doubt- knows their testimonies by heart (no pun intended); if he hasn't supplied them with these testimonies beforehand, that is.
It's good fun, isn't it? Mrs I'm really enjoying this show big grin

As to GM's 'credibility', it seems to me that was blown long before this trial began and none of the pieces have been reassembled into recognisable form by any of the McCanns' witnesses.

If one of the latest witnesses has been quoted correctly, it seems we may take it the McCanns suffered 11,000 euros worth of damage when their daughter disappeared and their suffering multiplied by 100 thus causing them 1.1million worth of damage on publication of Dr Amaral's book.

Math isn't my strong suit but surely the original 11,000 euros worth of damage should be subtracted from the sum they are claiming as it can't be said Dr Amaral was responsible for their child's disappearance.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:14 am

@russiandoll wrote:
@plebgate wrote:The 2 women will probably  be first to be called, so that shouldn't take long - hearsay.

Let's hope there's something to report about Iron Man by lunchtime.

Why can't there have been a live stream from the court room.  I think it is LUDICROUS there isn't one.
 Am confused about the first line of the post above.

If either of the women state that they saw Kate looking drained/exhausted/tearful/ seeming anxious, shaky...... that is what was witnessed.

Isn't it hearsay if they were to state that Kate told them, wrote to them that she was feeling as described above?

Or if a 3rd party, e.g. Gerry, had told them about Kate's emotional state?

I would have thought that Kate's mother would be a direct witness to her daughter's emotional well being or otherwise.
 Same as regards Trish and her brother.
 This is why they have been called I would imagine , because as close family members, they will have seen for themselves.
Would have to be with them 24 hours a day imo and see with own eyes, no good stating something if they have been told over the phone whether by her own daughter or her daughter's husband.

For instance, take the photos Sharonl posted earlier today, the private photos, they didn't look as they they were in purgatory and drained, exhausted, blah blah in those, so how can the family, without being with them on every holiday or at least very regular contact know for sure if what is being said to them by email, text, phone is correct? Depression and indefinable fear cannot be turned on and off - can it?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:15 am

Yet others are saying he could not give evidence and must wait for Judges decision, including Jerry Lawton...

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 56m
Judge will decide by Oct 8 if Gerry #McCann can give evidence at libel trial of ex-cop who accused him of covering up Madeleine's death

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:15 am

candyfloss wrote:Madeleine: 'Claims In Book Multiplied Our Pain'

Madeleine's father says he and wife Kate were left in "purgatory" by claims they were involved in her disappearance.

From the link:

Gerry McCann and his sister have given evidence in Lisbon against a former police chief accused of making allegations about the disappearance of his daughter, Madeleine.
???

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:18 am

From Press Association.....

Ellen Branagh@ellenbranagh_PA 1m
Legal teams believed to have up to October 16 to give submissions on his application, then judge will decide #McCann

Reply to this.....

karen@k1482 1m
@ellenbranagh_PA Maybe you could let Sky know as they are saying he did!!!! #McCann

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:18 am

@russiandoll wrote:Not sure of the Portuguese system..did Gerry have to attend in person to find out if the judge would consider his application to be heard? Would ID not have had this info from the judge before today and have advised Gerry that the judge was still considering his request to give evidence?
 I can't believe that he would be expected to travel again just to hear what we have been hearing today.
 Friday I can understand, but the man is a doctor with hospital patients. A judge would not expect today's needless disruption ?

I can only think that her opinion is that it is in bad faith on the part of Gerry, who would have done what he is now doing before the trial began and she is maybe disinclined to allow him the time in court to do some damage limitation, as the witnesses so far have been atrocious.
He seems to get enough time off work for sofa interviews and hacked off interviews, in searching for truth and justice for Maddie, I think his bosses and patients will be very understanding. I would be.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:19 am

Press Association...

Ellen Branagh@ellenbranagh_PA 3m
Gerry McCann isn't giving evidence today, and still no decision on whether he can #McCann

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:20 am

So far, the dates October 8, 10 and 16 have been quoted as potential dates the judge would decide if Gerry can testify. Which is the correct one I wonder?

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:25 am

Is it already known what the opinion of the defense lawyers is?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:34 am

So, after first 'being mentally RAPED', the horrendous images deliberately evoked by a mother describing her daughters private parts on page 129; the TSUNAMI of lies and many other expressions of the same ilk, the english language has today been graced by yet another mediagenic clanger: 'being in PURGATORY', no less. 

Purgatory? Pray enlighten me: is that not the place where traditionally pain is suffered only temporary, by those who commited non-mortal sins

Now, which sins are we talking about here?

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:36 am

A glaring error by SKY NEWS. Gerry McCann did not give evidence. Just goes to show how utterly useless the MSM are. The fact Susan Healy was not allowed to give evidence was down to a blunder by the McCanns own lawyer OR a calculated strategy. Maybe Team McCann had a rethink about Healy and decided she would be more of a liability than an asset

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:36 am

Slightly O/T:

Today when Gerry McCann is in the news, reports have emerged that the body of an Irish actor who had been missing for some days has been found. His name was also Gerry McCann sad . Another sad thing is that his family and friends had been using Twitter to raise awareness of the disappearance.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:37 am

@tasprin wrote:

A glaring error by SKY NEWS. Gerry McCann did not give evidence. Just goes to show how utterly useless the MSM are. The fact Susan Healy was not allowed to give evidence was down to a blunder by the McCanns own lawyer OR a calculated strategy. Maybe Team McCann had a rethink about Healy and decided she would be more of a liability than an asset

Doesn't look good though, does it Tasprin for whatever reason? titter titter 

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:46 am

I am at a loss to think why the msm take the mccanns word as gospel.

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:47 am

"Pain over Madeleine's disappearance was 'multiplied 100 times' by cop's book", Gerry McCann's sister tells court
But, it would seem, their pain did NOT multiply, by a factor of even ONE, by the book  'A Culpa dos McCann' published early December, 2007, eight and a half months BEFORE GA's book, that had the same 'theories'/ 'claims' in it as in GA's book!
........................................................................................................
Gerry's sister: ``It's very hard to turn round opinion about them that has been so widely spread''

So that would be on a par when DP tried to get the Police, on the night, of May 3rd 2007, to believe his, and other T9's, widely spread 'abduction' claim.
They didn't believe a word he said, THEN, and they don't believe a word the McCann family members says NOW!

THEIR LIES AND THE LIES, CONTRADICTIONS AND DISCREPANCIES IN SWORN STATEMENTS, OF THEIR TAPAS FRIENDS HAVE BEEN EXPOSED, FOR ALL TO SEE.

IT'S NOT HARD, TRISH, TO TURN AROUND OPINION, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

A MOTHER, OF A MISSING THREE YEAR OLD CHILD, THAT SAYS SHE'S GLAD THE INVESTIGATION IS CLOSED AND JEOPARDISED THE INVESTIGATION AT EVERY TURN AND WHO ALSO SAID "WHETHER THE CASE IS RE-OPENED, OR NOT, IT DOSEN'T MATTER"  WILL NEVER TURN AROUND OPINION!

NOT FORGETTING THAT YOUR SISTER-IN-LAW HASN'T LIFTED A MANICURED FINGER TO ACTUALLY SEARCH!

THAT IS YOUR DARLING WEE NIECE SHE IS TALKING ABOUT, TRISH!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tasprin on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:56 am

@plebgate wrote:
@tasprin wrote:

Doesn't look good though, does it Tasprin for whatever reason?  titter titter 
They didn't expect GA to get this far did they? wink 

tasprin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:11 am

@ plebgate  : seems we have crossed wires, please don't think that I sympathise with Mr Mc having had to travel twice for nothing. I do not believe for a minute that the court would waste his time. It is my belief that he was advised of court procedures by his lawyer and if not he should be very angry with her.

Once again I think this is media management.

re hearsay I was trying to differentiate between this and opinion, both a problem in a courtroom.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:17 am

I agree - its media manipulation for UK. 

He has tried twice to be a witness - but still refused. 

I also think it is true that Susan Healy was not allowed to give evidence having been removed/replaced is the same tactic. No one can deny that she was there but who would know whether it was to be a witness or not. Entirely within the circle of TM what strategy they use.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:18 am

Courtesy of a joker on facebook . This court case is a serious business, but I am afraid I have an irreverent attitude to certain " personalities ", so copying it over.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum