The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 13:49

Joana Morais@xklamation 1m
Judge will decide until the 10th of the current month if Gerry #McCann will be able to testify or not.

Joana Morais@xklamation 5m
Trish, Gerry McCann's sister testified #mccann #trial

So Gerry McCann will not testify today, and Judge will decide by the 10th?

Back to top Go down

Re: 2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 13:51

Thanks to Xklamation for the updates.

So yet another wasted journey for GM then!

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 02.10.13 14:04

On MCF where my mate is a member,asto said Gerry did tesify??

seems astro made a mistake,gerry did not testify

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 14:19

Joana Morais@xklamation 3m
Mrs. Healy tried to testify but was unable because Isabel Duarte, the #Mccann lawyer, had already given up her as witness.

Eduardo Dâmaso will testify in the afternoon. #mccann #trial

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 14:20

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 3m
Judge will decide by Oct 8 if Gerry #McCann can give evidence at libel trial of ex-cop who accused him of covering up Madeleine's death

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 14:22

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 1m
Gerry #McCann sister Trish Cameron tells court the McCanns are living in `purgatory' because of ex-cop Goncalo Amaral's claims

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 14:22

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 1m
Gerry's sister: ``It's very hard to turn round opinion about them that has been so widely spread'' #McCann

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 14:23

Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 4m
Kate #McCann mum Susan will not be allowed to give evidence at trial due to blunder by McCanns' lawyer

ooops   Blunder by McCanns lawyer big grin

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 02.10.13 14:30

candyfloss wrote:Joana Morais@xklamation 1m
Judge will decide until the 10th of the current month if Gerry #McCann will be able to testify or not.

Joana Morais@xklamation 5m
Trish, Gerry McCann's sister testified #mccann #trial

So Gerry McCann will not testify today, and Judge will decide by the 10th?
That's a fiver I've won and that's yet another needless airfare paid for by the limited company Fund that is dedicated to searching until no stone is left unturned. 

I'm guessing the Defence either saw no reason to accede to Gerry's request to take the stand or were undecided (there are 4 lawyers opinions to take into account), ID went into a facesaving exercise maintained he had constitutional right to give evidence or some such guff, and it's now down to the judge to decide because there is no legal precedent to call on in the event that a Plaintiff in a libel trial decides he wants to testify after his witnesses have singularly and collectively failed to substantiate his claim.

It's to be hoped that this morning saw Gerry left cooling his heels outside the courtroom once again.

We know St. Kate was in court during the first day of these proceedings, but does anyone know if she attended on any other days?

FWIW, overall this would seem to be another result for the Defence who cannot be said to have prevented the brave one from doing his utmost to win another jackpot seek justice for Madeleine.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 02.10.13 14:31

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath
It's 13.32 in the U K and Lisbon now - what time is it where you are Sweetex?

Hi. Hope you don't mind NFWTD and Sweetex if I answer?  We use Greenwich Mean Time x

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 02.10.13 14:32

candyfloss wrote:Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 4m
Kate #McCann mum Susan will not be allowed to give evidence at trial due to blunder by McCanns' lawyer

ooops   Blunder by McCanns lawyer big grin
I hope Isabel Duarte at least had the presence of mind to get her fees paid in advance yes

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 02.10.13 14:32

@plebgate wrote:The 2 women will probably  be first to be called, so that shouldn't take long - hearsay.

Let's hope there's something to report about Iron Man by lunchtime.

Why can't there have been a live stream from the court room.  I think it is LUDICROUS there isn't one.
 Am confused about the first line of the post above.

If either of the women state that they saw Kate looking drained/exhausted/tearful/ seeming anxious, shaky...... that is what was witnessed.

Isn't it hearsay if they were to state that Kate told them, wrote to them that she was feeling as described above?

Or if a 3rd party, e.g. Gerry, had told them about Kate's emotional state?

I would have thought that Kate's mother would be a direct witness to her daughter's emotional well being or otherwise.
 Same as regards Trish and her brother.
 This is why they have been called I would imagine , because as close family members, they will have seen for themselves.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.10.13 14:44

GM has turned up with Trish. Kate's mum allegedly can't give evidence due to a blunder by a lawyer.

Good grief, the McCanns have turned up and the Healy's are off the agenda already.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 14:46

Joana Morais@xklamation 4m
Gerry #McCann unable to testify for the second time http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2013/10/gerry-mccann-unable-to-testify-for.html … #ongoing #wip #libeltrial

Mainly the same news as the tweets I posted earlier

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 02.10.13 14:51

candyfloss wrote:3 people allegedly giving evidence today..........

Susan Healy
Trish Cameron
Gerry McCann

Any news or information please post here. 

It can be used for discussion too.
From Joana:

Mrs. Healy tried to testify but was unable because Isabel Duarte, the McCanns lawyer, had already given up her as witness. Eduardo Dâmaso will testify in the afternoon.
That won't be good for the family ties .............. of all people Ma Healy

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 14:53

ITV News@itvnews 3m
Pain over Madeleine's disappearance was 'multiplied 100 times' by cop's book, Gerry McCann's sister tells court http://itv.co/19kVLQB 

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 02.10.13 14:54

Not sure of the Portuguese system..did Gerry have to attend in person to find out if the judge would consider his application to be heard? Would ID not have had this info from the judge before today and have advised Gerry that the judge was still considering his request to give evidence?
 I can't believe that he would be expected to travel again just to hear what we have been hearing today.
 Friday I can understand, but the man is a doctor with hospital patients. A judge would not expect today's needless disruption ?

I can only think that her opinion is that it is in bad faith on the part of Gerry, who would have done what he is now doing before the trial began and she is maybe disinclined to allow him the time in court to do some damage limitation, as the witnesses so far have been atrocious.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 14:56

What an unholy mess!

GM's to-ing & fro-ing is getting more ridiculous with every passing appearance

Why did his attorney not instruct him any better, or file papers in due time, and why did she delete mother Healy as a witness without telling her clients -or mother Healy- she did so?

And where is that celebrated Dean of the Order of Portuguese Attorneys, prevaricating from (1) personal appearance to (2)paper writ and (3) back to appearing in the flesh to (4): 'No, thank you, I'd rather not', as seems to be the case as his name does not appear any more on IDs little list. 

What a spectacle, what a mess.

Last but not least: can anyone please enlighten me as to the credibility of any statement to be made by GM (IF he makes any) AFTER his own witnesses have preceded him and he -no doubt no doubt- knows their testimonies by heart (no pun intended); if he hasn't supplied them with these testimonies beforehand, that is.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 02.10.13 14:57

@russiandoll wrote:
@plebgate wrote:The 2 women will probably  be first to be called, so that shouldn't take long - hearsay.

Let's hope there's something to report about Iron Man by lunchtime.

Why can't there have been a live stream from the court room.  I think it is LUDICROUS there isn't one.
 Am confused about the first line of the post above.

If either of the women state that they saw Kate looking drained/exhausted/tearful/ seeming anxious, shaky...... that is what was witnessed.

Isn't it hearsay if they were to state that Kate told them, wrote to them that she was feeling as described above?

Or if a 3rd party, e.g. Gerry, had told them about Kate's emotional state?

I would have thought that Kate's mother would be a direct witness to her daughter's emotional well being or otherwise.
 Same as regards Trish and her brother.
 This is why they have been called I would imagine , because as close family members, they will have seen for themselves.
It's not hearsay to volunteer a personal opinion about a relative's apparent state of mind and/or demeanour, but that appears to be all the Court has heard and will hear from the Plaintiffs' witnesses - i.e opinions given by those who are unqualified to give medical/clinicial diagnosis/prognosis as to any adverse effect on the McCanns' mental health they sustained from publication of the book, screening of the tv documentary etc. 

Should Gerry take the stand no doubt the Defence will seek to elicit information as to what medical treatment, and on what dates, the McCanns sought to alleviate the mental suffering they claim has been caused to them by the book/documentary et al, and may question why reports from professionals such as  psychiatrists/clinical psychologists/GPs etc have not been presented to the Court.

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 02.10.13 15:03

Hang on. Are we being told that Mrs Healy turned up in court for the second (possibly third) time to testify not knowing that her place had been given up by their own lawyer bigshock laughat 

Thanks all for the latest updates roses 

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Professional report on all the McCs mental state

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 15:04

Maybe they have been brought in, during the past four years when the case was dragging itself along

But maybe they don't exist

But in either case, the plaintiffs were so unsure of their chances, they wanted to extricate themselves from the case, asking their victim the defendant  Dr Amaral for a settlement, something really unheard of in a case of law anywhere

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 02.10.13 15:04

candyfloss wrote:Joana Morais@xklamation 3m
Mrs. Healy tried to testify but was unable because Isabel Duarte, the #Mccann lawyer, had already given up her as witness.

Eduardo Dâmaso will testify in the afternoon. #mccann #trial
Farcical. You couldn't make it up, you really couldn't.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.10.13 15:06

It's like a Brian Rix farce.  I can't believe the lawyer hasn't told them the protocol. 

As usual we just have one sided tweets from the media re Trish Camerons testimony...........where are the answers to the defense lawyers.  Let's hope dear Anne Guedes gives us more news.

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 02.10.13 15:07

candyfloss wrote:Jerry Lawton@JerryLawton 3m
Judge will decide by Oct 8 if Gerry #McCann can give evidence at libel trial of ex-cop who accused him of covering up Madeleine's death
Can't wait, no wonder he looks so awful in that photo today (imo anyway). Is it because he hasn't had enough sleep wondering whether he will have to step in witness box?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 02.10.13 15:08

@ShuBob wrote:Hang on. Are we being told that Mrs Healy turned up in court for the second (possibly third) time to testify not knowing that her place had been given up by their own lawyer bigshock :laughat
Thanks all for the latest updates roses 
I know it probably sounds mean and bitchy to see those entitled manipulators inconvenienced and frustrated due to their own layers actions is not unwelcome.
Of course they will spin it tho' and when, imo, they lose the trial, will spin it as bias against them that they cold not testify.

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum