The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Post by russiandoll on 03.10.13 16:48

libel trial updates section locked, so posting this here ...admin please remove to the appropriate area on the forum.

schedule               post - 8th October

November 19 
Marinho Pinto (bar association president) 
Carlos Coelho da Silva (the documentary film maker) 
Margarida Teotónio Pereira (TVI director of international programs) 
possibly a witness for the accusation (?), José Viega Soares, a consultant in PR who was at the court on day 1 

November 27 
The last session (exhibition of the documentary and final allegations)

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2nd October - Libel trial reports and discussion *UPDATE* Gerry McCann unable to testify, must wait for Judge decision by 10th

Post by Guest on 03.10.13 16:53

@lj wrote:From another thread

Candyfloss do I understand correctly they will have court on Saturday?
I don't know lj, I copied what was posted here.  Perhaps they work on Saturdays or maybe a typo.

Back to top Go down

Post by nobodythereeither on 03.10.13 17:29

@Newintown wrote:
@nobodythereeither wrote:
@Seek truth wrote:
Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:

big grin My comment was published with my avatar Mrs
Most of the comments are negative - they'll be whooshed soon.
Can't find your comment anymore.

Lots of people agree with you, however yours mentions there should be a criminal case, maybe thats why it's been removed ?

But the comment about not seeing any point In this trial, because it's in the files, that it is law to publish the police files, is very highly rated!
Some other comments which were there last night have been removed.

There was an early one which said something along the lines of, if there is evidence which points to the parents' involvement, then of course it should be investigated.

Gone.

Given that all the comments are supposed to be moderated before they're allowed to be shown, that implies that somebody has been leaned on since last night, as the removed comments must already have been moderated.

And now, surprise surprise, we have a load of comments on show supporting the saintly McCanns.

I'm so sick of this farce.
Not all of them supporting the McCanns, I have actually been able to access the website today, which is a miracle in itself.  I've only been able to copy 10 out of 38, I couldn't access them all -
To access all the comments you have to click on "show all" at the top of the comments section.

It took me a while to work that out too, duh!

nobodythereeither

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 03.10.13 17:35

I'm still catching up with posts from yesterday as I was out all day but this comment from Trish Cameron's evidence caught my eye -

"Mrs Cameron said her brother had been jeered at in the street when he returned to Portugal in April 2009, and was advised to hire security."

The McCanns were made arguidos in Sept 2007, I remember watching the TV news and the people outside the police station were jeering at the McCanns as they went into the police station to be interviewed and when they came out, so either Trish Cameron has a very short memory, or she didn't see the news at that time and her dear brother and sis-in-law didn't tell her they'd been jeered at in Sept 2007 and it wasn't anything new.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 03.10.13 17:38

@Newintown wrote:
@Seek truth wrote:
Get 'em Gonçalo wrote:

big grin My comment was published with my avatar Mrs
Most of the comments are negative - they'll be whooshed soon.
Can't find your comment anymore.

Lots of people agree with you, however yours mentions there should be a criminal case, maybe thats why it's been removed ?

But the comment about not seeing any point In this trial, because it's in the files, that it is law to publish the police files, is very highly rated!
Some other comments which were there last night have been removed.

There was an early one which said something along the lines of, if there is evidence which points to the parents' involvement, then of course it should be investigated.

Gone.

Given that all the comments are supposed to be moderated before they're allowed to be shown, that implies that somebody has been leaned on since last night, as the removed comments must already have been moderated.

And now, surprise surprise, we have a load of comments on show supporting the saintly McCanns.

I'm so sick of this farce.
Not all of them supporting the McCanns, I have actually been able to access the website today, which is a miracle in itself.  I've only been able to copy 10 out of 38, I couldn't access them all -
To access all the comments you have to click on "show all" at the top of the comments section.

It took me a while to work that out too, duh!
Thanks for that, but it doesn't work for me. I can click on it hundreds of times and it doesn't show any other comments other than those on the page, which is usually about 12. I can access comments on other stories with no problem though, which is very strange.

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 03.10.13 17:38

@Newintown wrote:I'm still catching up with posts from yesterday as I was out all day but this comment from Trish Cameron's evidence caught my eye -

"Mrs Cameron said her brother had been jeered at in the street when he returned to Portugal in April 2009, and was advised to hire security."

The McCanns were made arguidos in Sept 2007, I remember watching the TV news and the people outside the police station were jeering at the McCanns as they went into the police station and when they came out, so either Trish Cameron has a very short memory, or she didn't see the news at that time and her dear brother and sis-in-law didn't tell her they'd been jeered at in Sept 2007 and it wasn't anything new.
She may have misplaced her 'crib sheet'!

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 03.10.13 17:39

@russiandoll wrote:great post S and M . 
   quoting this gem :

"his self importance in turning up against Scotland Yard's advice and not according to correct procedure. On both sides of the sea he has proven in this one act of having no regard for protocol. "

Did you mean this self-importance ?

That made me really belly laugh Russian Doll! Very funny, maybe a good cover for their next novel.

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 03.10.13 17:54

@ShuBob wrote:
@Newintown wrote:I'm still catching up with posts from yesterday as I was out all day but this comment from Trish Cameron's evidence caught my eye -

The McCanns were made arguidos in Sept 2007, I remember watching the TV news and the people outside the police station were jeering at the McCanns as they went into the police station and when they came out, so either Trish Cameron has a very short memory, or she didn't see the news at that time and her dear brother and sis-in-law didn't tell her they'd been jeered at in Sept 2007 and it wasn't anything new.[

/quote]She may have misplaced her 'crib sheet'!
Yes, or she's obviously been mislead and made to look a fool in a court of law by her "nearest and dearest" when there is evidence in the public domain to the contrary.

The McCanns were jeered outside the police station in 2007 so how can it be any different from being jeered at in April 2009?

Gosh, Trish, you've really been used there, pity you didn't do your homework before you went into the witness box.

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 03.10.13 18:13

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@russiandoll wrote:great post S and M . 
   quoting this gem :

"his self importance in turning up against Scotland Yard's advice and not according to correct procedure. On both sides of the sea he has proven in this one act of having no regard for protocol. "

Did you mean this self-importance ?

That made me really belly laugh Russian Doll! Very funny, maybe a good cover for their next novel.
Please remember they actively engaged the media right from the start, against the advice of the PJ, who considered them doing so: the childs' death sentence. No more and no less

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 03.10.13 18:17

Newintown, I'm afraid I don't accept that someone like Trish who has been involved in this case almost since Day 1 can be excused as being "misled" by her brother and his wife. The information is out there for anyone interested. It's clear to me that pretty much all the couple's witnesses so far- those who have spoken about the effect the book allegedly had on the couple- have been dishonest. IMO , they have all been reading from a 'crib sheet' with only Michael Wright foolish enough to take a copy into the witness box.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown on 03.10.13 18:32

@ShuBob wrote:Newintown, I'm afraid I don't accept that someone like Trish who has been involved in this case almost since Day 1 can be excused as being "misled" by her brother and his wife. The information is out there for anyone interested. It's clear to me that pretty much all the couple's witnesses so far- those who have spoken about the effect the book allegedly had on the couple- have been dishonest. IMO , they have all been reading from a 'crib sheet' with only Michael Wright foolish enough to take a copy into the witness box.
I was obviously having a senior moment when I typed my post.

Or Trish was watching the news with the sound off when the McCs were carted off to the police station for questioning and were made arguidos.  big grin

Newintown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 03.10.13 18:56

Having completely gone against the wishes of Scotland Yard , by not only attending the hearing [ on every occasion and , giving press statements ,] plus insisting that it, be heard in public , surly now the Yard must know that they know that Maddie is dead , any other conclusion for this action fly's in the face of reason .

How can they [ the Yard ]  go on saying " yes but irrespective of all that .......we would still like to trace 38. 98 . 9898 persons of interest " . 

Also if / when Amaral is awarded victory ,[ or in any case ]  this must also change the yards perspective . they cannot then go on ignoring the supposition , when it has been tested in a court . 

This as any sane person knows, is about replenishing fund's and stopping the British masses from reading an English  printed version of the book . 

I just hope after any positive result , a publisher will have the nerve to print in the UK. [ i am sure the good people of Liverpool would not object ,to knowing the truth ,  especially after the cover up at Hillsborough ]

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JackieL on 03.10.13 20:38

@ShuBob wrote:Newintown, I'm afraid I don't accept that someone like Trish who has been involved in this case almost since Day 1 can be excused as being "misled" by her brother and his wife. The information is out there for anyone interested. It's clear to me that pretty much all the couple's witnesses so far- those who have spoken about the effect the book allegedly had on the couple- have been dishonest. IMO , they have all been reading from a 'crib sheet' with only Michael Wright foolish enough to take a copy into the witness box.
Agreed.

Trish knows as well as anyone what put the public against the McCann couple (but NEVER against Madeleine):

1) The fact that they and their friends left very young children alone at night unattended - one of whom was ill the Oldfields' baby. (Common knowledge within 24 hours of Madeleine going missing). This is the main reason the UK public is anti- the McCann couple - they have never shown true remorse for their actions, only made pathetic excuses.

2) The fact that the McCanns and their friends have not cooperated with the Portuguese police's request that they return to PdL for the reconstruction (announced on BBC Breakfast News as first item when it came to light). Just look at the emails from the Tapas 7 in the official case files - the sloppy  spelling mistakes and airy, flippant attitude of the refusal to attend  is an insult to Madeleine and shows complete lack of respect for her.

3) The 48 questions which Kate McCann refused to answer to Portuguese police. (Announced in UK press after they were made arguidos and confirmed in official case files)

4) Reaction of the dogs Eddie and Keela - brought in by UK Police  (information of this was given by the McCanns' own spokesperson Justine McGuinness to an international audience on BBC 24 news the day the McCanns were 'arguidoed' and also announced by Philomena McCann on national TV on several channels on the same day).

Apart from us on this forum I doubt very few people in the UK had even heard of Amaral's book, let alone read it online before this trial  - which Team McCann insisted should be held in public.

Shame on you, Trish - you know you're speaking on oath in the witness box and deliberately exaggerating the effects of Amaral's book.  That's an insult to your niece.

JackieL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Who?What?Where? on 04.10.13 1:32

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@aquila wrote:A million bucks could go a long way in boarding school/private education fees to protect the twins from the nasty media that their parents have exposed them to by not agreeing to hold this libel case in camera.

Not saying, just saying.

ETA: who knows, the Fund might already have made provision for that.
That would suit the McCanns fine!

No creche available bung them in boarding school!

Anywhere, in fact, where they don't have to actually look after them, themselves.

IMO.
I think that you may have hit one nail on the head there.

That seems to be the sort of people that the mccanns aspire to being.

Who?What?Where?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prehensile on 04.10.13 1:46

@Who?What?Where? wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:
@aquila wrote:A million bucks could go a long way in boarding school/private education fees to protect the twins from the nasty media that their parents have exposed them to by not agreeing to hold this libel case in camera.

Not saying, just saying.

Anywhere, in fact, where they don't have to actually look after them, themselves.

IMO.

No chance of boarding school for the twins, costs to much, much more than a baby sitter in Portugal.

Prehensile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 04.10.13 1:59

@Prehensile wrote:
@Who?What?Where? wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

Not saying, just saying.

IMO.

No chance of boarding school for the twins, costs to much, much more than a baby sitter in Portugal.
I know of a very nice boarding school I visited last year. £90k per year. Times that by 2, then times it by years ahead and it's all achievable. The Fund could support it on shutdown. The McCanns will still have earning power. The spin machine could facilitate it.

However, it's only my speculation. I'm not doing a Mystic Meg projection. I'm merely suggesting what could happen.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 04.10.13 2:17

@aquila wrote:
@Prehensile wrote:
@Who?What?Where? wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

Not saying, just saying.

IMO.

I know of a very nice boarding school I visited last year. £90k per year. Times that by 2, then times it by years ahead and it's all achievable. The Fund could support it on shutdown. The McCanns will still have earning power. The spin machine could facilitate it.

However, it's only my speculation. I'm not doing a Mystic Meg projection. I'm merely suggesting what could happen.
Which would all be fine, EXCEPT that the McCanns wouldn't be there to CONTROL what the twins could look up on the internet, could they?

It will only take them 10 seconds to find out that THEY too could have been 'abducted' or WORSE!

While their caring parents were at a bar, out of sight, drinking with their 'friends'

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 04.10.13 3:14

@Prehensile wrote:
@Who?What?Where? wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:

Not saying, just saying.

IMO.

iconbiggrin 

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 04.10.13 9:27

@Newintown wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:

The McCanns were made arguidos in Sept 2007, I remember watching the TV news and the people outside the police station were jeering at the McCanns as they went into the police station and when they came out, so either Trish Cameron has a very short memory, or she didn't see the news at that time and her dear brother and sis-in-law didn't tell her they'd been jeered at in Sept 2007 and it wasn't anything new.[

/quote]She may have misplaced her 'crib sheet'!
Yes, or she's obviously been mislead and made to look a fool in a court of law by her "nearest and dearest" when there is evidence in the public domain to the contrary.

The McCanns were jeered outside the police station in 2007 so how can it be any different from being jeered at in April 2009?

Gosh, Trish, you've really been used there, pity you didn't do your homework before you went into the witness box.
thumbup 

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Day 6 Oct 2nd Trish Cameron`s evidence

Post by Woofer on 04.10.13 15:01

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 04.10.13 15:02

I have posted this in full as a new topic, so easy to find for discussion.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum