The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 15:42

@sallypelt wrote:We can't leave him out:

@JerryLawton Jerry Lawton   now
Met Police Commissioner says work underway to set up joint task force of Brit and Portuguese officers in bid to solve #McCann mystery
MYSTERY, the man says?

Sue him!

Sue the MET!

Sue the whole of the United Kingdom!

And make haste! Scotland is already trying to evade extradition!

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchen on 27.11.13 15:42

@Miss Trunchbull wrote:What is the significance of the pyramid please? 

(my interest in the MM disappearance was re-ignited only recently, after the Crimewatch TV programme. I know that numerous people here have spent a lot of time and effort over the past few years to piece together a convincing theory as to what really happened, but sometimes you refer to things that only the 'oldtimers' understand  - the pyramid being one of them).
I have been around ages and I have never heard of it ...but someone will enlighten us I am sure.

kitchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.11.13 15:48

Some posters wanted to invoke mystical involvement, Illuminati, pyramids, dark forces and so on, when in fact it is a just a strange folly in a bloke's garden
The McCans happened to be photographed walking away from it, with the pyramid showing between them, and some people went into overdrive.
But since it is just at the end of the road and the place was swarming with photographers for months, it is difficult to see how there could NOT be a photo of them near it.

Beginning to be sorry I mentioned it now ! ! sarcastic

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 15:54

@PeterMac wrote:

No way, I love all that stuff! Don't believe a word of it, but then I didn't think the X-Files was real either.

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.11.13 15:56

on the McCanngate facebook
David Steel
Day 10 over in Lisbon. Next date Jan 7th. No news whether McCann or Amaral will take stand. Thanks to @JillyCL

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 27.11.13 15:58

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
No way, I love all that stuff! Don't believe a word of it, but then I didn't think the X-Files was real either.
Did you see the documentary called "Men in Black" ?. Good to know that there are people saving the planet.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 27.11.13 15:58

@PeterMac wrote:on the McCanngate facebook
David Steel
Day 10 over in Lisbon. Next date Jan 7th. No news whether McCann or Amaral will take stand. Thanks to @JillyCL
This has become a joke. They are making asses of us all.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitchen on 27.11.13 16:02

@PeterMac wrote:
Thank you - obviously I am with the believers .....falls off chair laughing....

kitchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 27.11.13 16:04

@sami wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:Today's session is over and done with.
Closing statements from both sides not heard yet.
 Next trial date is January 7.

P.S. Court will close soon for two weeks festive holiday until the New Year.
Any report on decision to allow them to appear ?
No decision yet!

If the quality (rather lack of) of their witnesses is anything to go by, then the Judge would be wise not to cater to time wasters - which it will be, if the Mccanns were to be allowed to speak -- for what can they possibly say that's so important that wasn't already committed on papers by their lawyer ?
Don't tell me they left the most crucial bit out for just in case the Judge allows them to speak, a request they made at the 11th hour!
Besides, what can they say that can't be covered by their lawyer in her closing statements?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 16:10

@ultimaThule wrote: [...]
Is it my imagination or do the maps being reproduced of late by the media clearly show that the McCanns were not 'dining in their back garden' when leaving their 3 infants alone in an unlocked apartment while they went out to spend the evening with their friends?
Looks more like my back garden ... laughat

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 27.11.13 16:12

Don't forget Mrs. is way to tired and worn out these days, so can't expect her to get on a plane and sit for a couple of hours  in a court room listening to a case involving her eldest, disappeared, lovely daugher, can we?

Still no pics from the Gala Ball?

Did anybody turn up?  How much was raised?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 27.11.13 16:13

The pyramid, if I recall correctly from years ago, had a Masonic connection.

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 27.11.13 16:46

@sallypelt wrote:RT @sweepyface#mccann Friend working in Lisbon said he saw Brits with a banner saying " McCanns, you have shamed the UK" another saying…
Very true,

but that must hurt more than anything else.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 27.11.13 16:56

martinbrunt ‏[ltr]@skymartinbrunt[/ltr]2h
#madeleine Latest hearing in McCann v Amaral libel trial has ended. Back again 7 Jan. Judge still not decided if McCanns can give evidence.

Expand

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 27.11.13 17:02

@DonNewbery wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:martinbrunt ‏
[ltr]@skymartinbrunt[/ltr]

36m
#madeleine UK and Portuguese governments trying to set up joint police investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, says Scot Yard.

I suspect that the PJ and SY have been working closely together on the investigation for many months, and that such statements are a kind of extreme economy with the truth, to act as as a kind of decoy? Or am I being overly optimistic?

Smoke (from the smoke and mirrors). IMO SY is in the game to protect the British and McCann's reputation.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayniia on 27.11.13 17:03

@Casey5 wrote:The pyramid, if I recall correctly from years ago, had a Masonic connection.
" Frederico Carvalho then told us about the House of the Pyramid, a curiosity that is not very well-known to the public, although the journalists who covered the McCann case in Praia da Luz visited the house. This is a villa that is located on the opposite direction of Mr Murat’s house, when taking apartment 5A as a starting point. The owners of the villa, a German couple, built a Pyramid in their garden. A pyramid is primarily a funerary object. And the villa’s name is Casa Niobe "
http://joana-morais.blogspot.pt/2008/05/debate-about-enigma-3rd-of-may-in.html?m=1

Sorry for the OT, just to clear this up, it's just a house, eccentric, but just that. Let us not jump on to the wild conspiracy thing please.

"My advice to any British tourist ,please come to Portugal,please come to the Algarve but if you're coming as a family holiday treat it as a family holiday and do things together, don't leave the kids"
Words from an ExPat Algarve resident

Ayniia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 27.11.13 17:21

@Casey5 wrote:The pyramid, if I recall correctly from years ago, had a Masonic connection.
You remember correctly Casey5. Folk can scoff all they like but just because it doesn't hold significance for 'the profane' doesn't mean this symbolism isn't important to those that consider themselves above us.

They obviously put it on the $1 dollar bill (with the capstone depicting an all seeing eye) just for a laugh. Or to wind up future conspiracy theorists like me. titter  Nay! Masonic symbolism is everywhere, and I mean everywhere! It's an hidden language that I find absolutely fascinating.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 17:24

@Daisy wrote:
You remember correctly Casey5. Folk can scoff all they like but just because it doesn't hold significance for 'the profane' doesn't mean this symbolism isn't important to those that consider themselves above us.

They obviously put it on the $1 dollar bill (with the capstone depicting an all seeing eye) just for a laugh. Or to wind up future conspiracy theorists like me. titter  Nay! Masonic symbolism is everywhere, and I mean everywhere! It's an hidden language that I find absolutely fascinating.

Cann it

Back to top Go down

Post by diatribe on 27.11.13 17:25

I don't know much about the laws of libel, but surely if one wishes to testify at any kind of trial, then both the defence and prosecution have the right to cross examine one's witness testimony. The only instance I can think of where the aforementioned could give evidence without subjecting themselves to cross examination is in a criminal trial where the defendant could make a dock statement. Even this may no longer be permissable since the right hon. A B'liar and Nulabor drove a coach and horses through the British 'Justice' system and consigned the Magna Carta to the 'anals' of history.

If I am correct in my assumption, there is no conceivable way that the McCanns would ever give evidence  where they would render themselves liable to cross examination.This would particularly include any subsequent criminal proceedings that may be brought against them by the portugese authorities. Even throughout their multitude of press conferences and toothless chat show appearances, the programmes would have been pre-recorded, the questions pre-arranged and edited by their lawyers. Otherwise, even the most subservient and compliant of hosts such as Richard and Judy would have been champing at the bit to ask them if they still thought the shutters on their daughter's bedroom window had been jemmied in order to gain entry and why they changed their story of the 'abductor's' method of entry to the patio doors after they discovered it was a physical impossibility for the shutters to have been disturbed from the outside without leaving any forensic trace of a forced entry.

Why, poor ole Gerry would be panicing and discarding his ear phones faster than the politicos rowing for shore after their expenses cruise liner had sprung a leak. The difference being of course, one simply can't get away with such childish behaviour when giving evidence under oath in a court of law. Their giving evidence would be akin to a rabbit being caught in the glaring headlights of an oncoming double decker bus.

diatribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 27.11.13 17:28

@Portia wrote:Cann it
Sorry Portia, I don't know what you mean?

Yikes! we're straying off topic *slaps self on wrist*

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 27.11.13 17:28

Off topic - so please excuse me! - but there was a lot of talk in the 1970s that pyramids had healing qualities and if you put fruit inside one, it wouldn't go bad.

My ex who was as mad as the March hare proceeded to build a giant pyramid in the back garden! 

Thankfully both he and it are long gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 27.11.13 17:42

@lj wrote:
@DonNewbery wrote:

36m
#madeleine UK and Portuguese governments trying to set up joint police investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, says Scot Yard.

I suspect that the PJ and SY have been working closely together on the investigation for many months, and that such statements are a kind of extreme economy with the truth, to act as as a kind of decoy? Or am I being overly optimistic?
Smoke (from the smoke and mirrors). IMO SY is in the game to protect the British and McCann's reputation.
Sadly that is the way I see it.  I hope beyond hope that the trial will be impartial however the British Government has meddled in this from day one and appears to be continuing too.  I just can't see them allowing the McCann's to go into a court without a guaranteed victory, it could expose things that were in place from the start.  We have had a new Government and their protection has remained so no hopes their.

Even if they do lose it is still a win, win for them as the press will portray it as further corruption and wrong doing by the Portuguese justice system.  If they win it is just one solitary ex policeman who has been made to shoulder the blame for the whole investigation.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on 27.11.13 17:43

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Off topic - so please excuse me! - but there was a lot of talk in the1970s that pyramids had healing qualities and if you put fruit inside one, it wouldn't go bad.

My ex who was as mad as the March hare proceeded to build a giant pyramid in the back garden! 

Thankfully both he and it are long gone.
I hate using this word & barely do but this really made me LOL  rotfl

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by currio on 27.11.13 17:54

@lj wrote:
@DonNewbery wrote:

36m

I agree lj!   I think the PJ should go it alone....surely, once bitten twice shy......

currio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 27.11.13 17:57

2h
#madeleine Latest hearing in McCann v Amaral libel trial has ended. Back again 7 Jan. Judge still not decided if McCanns can give evidence.

Expand
Martins slipping,he usually calls the mccanns kate and Gerry,naughty boy

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum