The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 20 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 20 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 20 Mm11

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 20 Regist10

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 20 Empty Re: LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE

Post by marconi 09.10.13 8:45

such an important hearing, Amaral's witnesses giving their statements, and Isabel not present?
I wonder why. Is something going on in Algarve?

I'm longing for next Tuesday, when I hope to get some sleep.
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 09.10.13 8:49

not sure if posted

LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 20 BWHnqPbCYAAFJkN

Dr. G. Amaral and Manuel Catarino from Correo da Manha, outside the Lisbon court yesterday.

eta   yes aiyoyo, the case in Lisbon is to do with what G Amaral wrote based on his beliefs at the time of writing, which was before the Met were even handed the Maddie case for review.

This judge will not be manipulated. She has shown that she is interested in FACTS.
 She has shown that she is fair and has dismissed a witness for each side due to their having no knowledge of the contents of the Amaral book.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Activity : 4058

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.13 9:00

I think the McCanns' demands to testify are a bluff.

Neither of them expects to be allowed to speak as neither of them can add anything to their case.

This is spin so that when they lose the case they can blame the Portuguese court for not allowing them to speak.

Just as a matter of interest - in the book GA theorises that K & G concealed Madeleine's body. As the McCanns claim that the book is lies, would it be in the Judge's remit to ask the pair, under oath, whether they did conceal the body?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.13 9:04

http://home.bt.com/news/latestnews/mccanns-bid-to-give-libel-evidence-11363839835392

I love the impression that this article provides of the McCanns' (particularly Gerry's) repeated efforts to give evidence - images of them pleading at the court door to be let in, only to be told where to go in the same sort of language that Kate uses.

By the way Trish: 100 times zero is still zero.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by marconi 09.10.13 9:05

Let's try to be positive about next Monday. I don't believe that the Yard would make such a lot of noise to repeat what the McCanns have said: it was an abduction.
If it was the case, Redwood could have informed us through Skype, singing there is a hole in the bucket. We would have understood it because we are used to that explanation.

I don't believe Kate has any new evidence. Not at all.
By the time her turn comes, the case will be already solved, I can read it on Gerry's last photos.
The Yard has a name to be kept. Besides I believe that Operation Grange is commited to solve the case.

Can you imagine the negative repercution it would getall over the world  if the Met police would say: yes, an abduction and we are trying to find the gypsies.

The time of Murdoch,News of the World, News International, Rebekah is over.
Besides the media are waiting for the chance to start writing about the new scandal.

Because paedophiles, abduction, shutters became boring.

And I don't believe the PJ would allow the Yard to again make them ridiculous.

All imo
marconi

Activity : 1104

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.13 9:10

aiyoyo wrote:
sallypelt wrote:

• LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 20 Star-1-329x437

Is that an admission now that it was never cleared ?
And/or it was never clear to start with?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.13 9:14

Way I look at it, a huge trap could be waiting:

1. Kate Healy alleges she will produce new (SY) evidence, the prerequisite for the re-opening of the Portuguese inquest;
2. Mr & Mrs will both be in Portugal simultaneously, giving evidence in the Lisboa court

Are they to be arrested?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 09.10.13 9:17

quote  TB  " We don't know when the 'reconstruction' was done. There are suggestions it was done in Spain. We are not sure what form it will take, and what it will show. How long ago was it thought about, prepared, and filmed? Again, quite possibly, weeks ago "

I read somewhere and will try to find it and check that it is true, that the reconstruction was filmed late Spring.

If that is the case, there can surely be no sense of urgency in finding Maddie, why leave her unfound for months?

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 09.10.13 9:23

Kate wants to "Clear her name" - and therefore must be aware and admitting that the interim and the Archiving report did NOT exonerate them. Contrary to what they have been saying for the last 5 years.

Kate want to "tell the court everything" - and is therefore admitting that she has not done so thus far. Contrary to what they have been saying for the last 5 years.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 09.10.13 9:32

Tony Bennett wrote:Surely the only possible evidence that would assist the McCanns in the court case of McCanns v Amaral is strong evidence (produced by Redwood) that there really was an abductor.

It follows that this will have to be an advance on (1) the statements of the McCanns and the 'Tapas 7' about the events of the evening of 3 May 2007 and (b) the claims of Jane Tanner. I am not aware of any other evidence in favour of the abduction of Madeleine (unless you count Martin Smith's evidence, which Dr Kate McCann does on pages 98, 328-329 and 370-372 of her book, 'madeleine') .

Therefore, if what DCI Redwood is going to say on Crimewatch is going to have any bearing at all on the case in Portugal (as the McCanns clearly believe), it will surely have to amount to evidence of the most powerful kind that there really was an abductor.
I agree totally. If KM really means to testify in court with a new evidence to assist their case, it can only be something that would prove the case for abduction. And if the thesis to be presented in the Crimewatch programme is based on that same new evidence, then I can only assume that SY must have reached a conclusion which supports the McCanns' claim for abduction, despite all other evidence pointing to the contrary.

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.13 9:40

Oh dear, she's 'furious' again..........

Maddie mum begs court: Let me clear my name

FURIOUS Kate McCann wants to defend herself in court against Portuguese police "smears" that she covered up daughter Madeleine's death.

By Jerry Lawton/Published 9th October 2013

She has asked a judge for permission to address her family's £1million libel hearing against former police chief Goncalo Amaral over his book The Truth Of The Lie.

In it he accused Kate and husband Gerry, both 45, of faking their daughter's abduction to cover up her death in their Algarve holiday flat in 2007.

Kate's bid to give evidence was revealed yesterday as Mr Amaral's former police colleagues spoke in his defence at the court in Lisbon, Portugal.

Luis Neves, head of a national police unit, said Mr Amaral's conclusion Madeleine was dead was accepted by her parents.

He said Kate was the driving force behind a search by ex-South African detective Danie Krugel, who said he had a machine that could find a body.

Police also had doubts about sniffer dogs from Britain.

The McCanns convinced us we should bring in the South African man with his equipment," Mr Neves said.

"We didn't want to place any obstacles in the way so the investigating officers allowed it.

"During this part of the investigation our British colleagues said there was a team made up of dogs and their handlers that could help us.

"The Algarve police decided to allow the dogs to come and the idea of Madeleine's death began to form."

Retired officer Francisco Moita Flores said the new probe by the Metropolitan Police was based only on "the hypothesis of abduction". The original probe was one of the "most complex and well-investigated cases" he had seen.

He said the Mc-Canns and pals should have had their phones tapped because of "inconsistencies" in statements they made.

Mr Amaral, 56, denies defamation. The case continues.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/343916/Maddie-mum-begs-court-Let-me-clear-my-name
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribisl 09.10.13 9:43

PeterMac wrote:Kate wants to "Clear her name" - and therefore must be aware and admitting that the interim and the Archiving report did NOT exonerate them. Contrary to what they have been saying for the last 5 years.

Kate want to "tell the court everything" - and is therefore admitting that she has not done so thus far.  Contrary to what they have been saying for the last 5 years.
The only thing she has been accused of by AG is her possible involvement in concealing her daughter's body. Is that what her wanting to clear her name is about?

Activity : 858

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.13 9:52

Maddie mum begs court: Let me clear my name

FURIOUS Kate McCann wants to defend herself in court against Portuguese police "smears" that she covered up daughter Madeleine's death
Isn't this what it is all about, no mention of Madeleine, and harming the search for her sad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 09.10.13 9:54

I wish media would ask Kate and Gerry what they will do with their money if they win this case. No need for funding PIs any longer as they have faith in SY.
 Donate it to a children's charity perhaps? Or as they are doctors, to a children's hospital?

If I felt wronged by Amaral, I would not want his money in these circumstances.
 I would demand a fulsome apology made in public, to be reported in the world media and I would request that any money he had made from his book be donated to a charity of my choosing if I won my libel case against him.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.10.13 9:55

Ribisl wrote:@DailyMirror
"The mum, who has asked for permission to give evidence in the £1million libel trial against the ex-officer, hopes giving an emotional account will help her and husband Gerry win the court case."

The emotional card seems to be the only trick left in their hand. Hope GA's defence team will be able to use a clever finesse to trump it and win the rubber and the match.
I like how the Papers never fail to mention the £1million (libel)!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll 09.10.13 9:56

At least one reporter last night referred to    "so-called " smears against the couple.

unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll
russiandoll

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.10.13 9:56

"The mum, who has asked for permission to give evidence in the £1million libel trial against the ex-officer, hopes giving an emotional account will help her and husband Gerry win the court case."

The emotional card seems to be the only trick left in their hand. Hope GA's defence team will be able to use a clever finesse to trump it and win the rubber and the match.
I like how the Papers never fail to mention the  £1MILLION (libel)!
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.13 9:57

aiyoyo wrote:

Whilst never mentioning the £1.2 million reward.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanist 09.10.13 10:02

Me thinks Kate wanting to clear her name in court is actually a warning to one or more people, who might have abandoned her by now.
No one knows what she will say and thus there could be many people on tenterhooks.
Humanist

Activity : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 09.10.13 10:03

admin wrote:
You would have to be Greedy and Unscrupulous to claim the reward, if you remember.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.13 10:05

Madeleine's mum Kate McCann wants to defend herself in court over ‘smears’

KATE MCCANN is to make a dramatic bid to nail the smears which have hampered the search for her daughter Madeleine

Brave Kate wants to defend herself in open court to silence her tormentor, detective Goncalo Amaral, over false claims she was involved in a cover-up, it was revealed yesterday.
The former GP is expected to use new evidence unearthed by Scotland Yard to kill off Portuguese police smears once and for all. British officers are set to unveil “fresh, substantive” material during a Crimewatch TV special on the case to be screened on Monday

It comes as detectives revealed they are closer than ever to discovering what  happened to Madeleine who disappeared during a family holiday in  Portugal in 2007.

Kate and husband Gerry, 45, hope a targeted appeal will lead to a significant breakthrough.

[snipped further down article]

Luis Neves, head of a national police unit tasked with investigating organised crime including kidnappings, told the court it was British police who began developing the ­theory Madeleine had died.

Sniffer dogs brought in by an officer from the UK were said to have put a huge question mark over the theory that Madeleine was kidnapped.
He said: “Our British colleagues said there was a team made up of dogs and their handlers that could help us to find out where the child could be buried.

And the information could shatter the claims made against Madeleine’s parents by the former police chief

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/435439/Madeleine-s-mum-Kate-McCann-wants-to-defend-herself-in-court-over-smears
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.10.13 10:06

russiandoll wrote:quote  TB  " We don't know when the 'reconstruction' was done. There are suggestions it was done in Spain. We are not sure what form it will take, and what it will show. How long ago was it thought about, prepared, and filmed? Again, quite possibly, weeks ago "

I read somewhere and will try to find it and check that it is true, that the reconstruction was filmed late Spring.

If that is the case, there can surely be no sense of urgency in finding Maddie, why leave her unfound for months?
About May perhaps? Remember their weeping photo?
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi 09.10.13 10:07

aiyoyo wrote:
sallypelt wrote:

• LIBEL TRIAL DISCUSSION HERE   - Page 20 Star-1-329x437

Is that an admission now that it was never cleared ?
It looks as if the Mrs has put her foot well and truly in her gob again !!! Haven't they told the world and his dog that they were cleared of any involvement by the Portuguese Police ???

I hope the Judge does allow her to give evidence.......we all know how pathetic she is with her hound dog look but boy would I like to see her answer real questions that are not prescripted !!!
jozi
jozi

Activity : 733

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.10.13 10:12

UK Justice Forum @Justice_forum 7h
#McCann libel case. Court hears claim from Lisbon media executive Eduardo Dâmaso that British Press had access to internal official sources.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 09.10.13 10:18

PeterMac wrote:
admin wrote:
You would have to be Greedy and Unscrupulous to claim the reward, if you remember.
Oh dear, own goal, how apt!

If someone can come up with an image of fragrant Kate kneeling in front of the Judge begging to be allowed to cry her heart out - please please pretty please Your Honour please let me have the MONEY! -- her chance of getting the money would be one tiny step (piece) closer to fit the GIANT JIGSAW still waiting to be completed after 6 yrs.

aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top