The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Woman sentenced to 18 YEARS in prison for leaving children alone in house

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Woman sentenced to 18 YEARS in prison for leaving children alone in house

Post by PeterMac on 28.09.13 16:57

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2436118/Angelica-Belen-sentenced-18-years-young-children-killed-family-home-left-locked-didnt-baby-sitter.html
'I'm sorry that you'll never grow up': Tearful mother sentenced to 18 years after her three young children killed in fire at family home where she had left them locked up because she didn't have a baby sitter
Angelica Belen, 25, locked her 5-year-old daughter and 4-year-old twins in bedroom before leaving for work April 11
House fire that took children's lives was caused by faulty wiring in kitchen of Belen's West Allis, Wisconsin, home
Victims died from smoke inhalation and burns; their bodies were found huddled together under a dresser
Ghastly tragedy, but foreseeable.

Just as a fire was foreseeable AND foreseen by Kate McCann, and given out as the reason for leaving the patio door open.
(Assuming we believe what she says.)

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Woman sentenced to 18 YEARS in prison for leaving children alone in house

Post by Guest on 28.09.13 17:08

A dreadful case. Clearly the mother couldn't cope with her children and yet they were left with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 28.09.13 18:15

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:A dreadful case. Clearly the mother couldn't cope with her children and yet they were left with her.
Children at risk, left to be still at risk.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 28.09.13 18:54

Twins again eh? I was around 4 and a half when I saved my younger twin sisters from being burned to death. It was in the early 1960s when we didn't have central heating in our big old house. In the winter, my mother put the twins' cots into my bedroom and positioned an old three bar electric fire beside their cots. I was aware that the fire was positioned so that it would throw heat at the cots and not my bed. It was placed so that the back of the fire faced me (but hey! big 4 and a half year olds don't count.)

I was amazed as well that the bedroom light was left on as it was never left on when there was only me in the room. One of my younger twin sisters stood up in her cot and threw her (highly inflammable) pillow out of her cot. The pillow landed on the fire and the flames were immediate and massive. The electric fire was only inches from the cots. I got out of bed and ran to the landing and screamed 'Mum' for what seemed like ages. The house was 3 stories high and my mother was downstairs on the ground floor. By the time she answered my call the bedroom was ablaze. She ran up the two flights of stairs and got the twins out, thankfully.

The only point to my story is (again)  mothers who have an elder small child then twins in my experience at least, can despise their oldest child as the mother's entire focus has to be on not one, but two smaller children. The elder child is presumed to have a maturity that cannot really exist at that age and be simply 'mother's helper' not 'mother's child'. Elder siblings of twins have to grow up fast. They are not children, they are servants/baby sitters/designated 'black sheep'. I know - I am bitter!

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 28.09.13 19:14

@whmon wrote:Twins again eh? I was around 4 and a half when I saved my younger twin sisters from being burned to death. It was in the early 1960s when we didn't have central heating in our big old house. In the winter, my mother put the twins' cots into my bedroom and positioned an old three bar electric fire beside their cots. I was aware that the fire was positioned so that it would throw heat at the cots and not my bed. It was placed so that the back of the fire faced me (but hey! big 4 and a half year olds don't count.)

I was amazed as well that the bedroom light was left on as it was never left on when there was only me in the room. One of my younger twin sisters stood up in her cot and threw her (highly inflammable) pillow out of her cot. The pillow landed on the fire and the flames were immediate and massive. The electric fire was only inches from the cots. I got out of bed and ran to the landing and screamed 'Mum' for what seemed like ages. The house was 3 stories high and my mother was downstairs on the ground floor. By the time she answered my call the bedroom was ablaze. She ran up the two flights of stairs and got the twins out, thankfully.

The only point to my story is (again)  mothers who have an elder small child then twins in my experience at least, can despise their oldest child as the mother's entire focus has to be on not one, but two smaller children. The elder child is presumed to have a maturity that cannot really exist at that age and be simply 'mother's helper' not 'mother's child'. Elder siblings of twins have to grow up fast. They are not children, they are servants/baby sitters/designated 'black sheep'. I know - I am bitter!
That's a terrible experience, thank goodness it turned out OK. You don't need to be bitter anymore though.
Your mother probably was doing the best she could under exhausting circumstances. If it hadn't been for you, things would have been a lot worse. You life was and still is of great value.
You just need to know that you would never do things the way your mother did, and get the message out there. Part of your make up has brought you here to this site, to push for Justice for Madeleine, because no example of the McCanns, knowingly neglecting their children, should ever be considered acceptable to society or be able to go unchallenged.
I remember those old bar fires. It was the best available at the time in houses that were, compared with Europe, as cold as morgues. We can romanticise about Jack Frost on the windows, pulling our clothes into bed to warm them up before getting dressed, but living conditions were heathen.
You are the person that you are now, with your values, because of what happened; bitterness can only diminish the strength that you had then and have now.roses roses roses  and well done for acting so quickly to save your siblings and yourself, and your mother.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon on 28.09.13 19:49

Thank you so much Bobbin - PM sent.

This message is confidential and the information must not be used, disclosed, or copied to any other person who is not entitled to receive it. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender and then delete it.

whmon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum