The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by sallypelt on 30.09.13 11:18

@GRACEFUL1 wrote:Why was Gerry McCann in Portugal?
Why was Gerry McCann in Portugal?
30 September 2013 | Posted by Joana Morais Leave a Comment

I believe there's more to this than meets the eye. I have already stated that I am of the opinion that Gerry McCann knew that it was too late to put in his request to give evidence, but he didn't anticipate that the defence lawyer would leave to attend to family matters. Moreover, I have no doubt that both Gerry and Kate McCann would have known well in advance, that the law had changed. They have had enough time to ask for them to be heard. I think something has backfired on the McCann's here, but let's wait and see.

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by marconi on 30.09.13 11:47

@sallypelt wrote:
@GRACEFUL1 wrote:Why was Gerry McCann in Portugal?
Why was Gerry McCann in Portugal?
30 September 2013 | Posted by Joana Morais Leave a Comment

I believe there's more to this than meets the eye. I have already stated that I am of the opinion that Gerry McCann knew that it was too late to put in his request to give evidence, but he didn't anticipate that the defence lawyer would leave to attend to family matters. Moreover, I have no doubt that both Gerry and Kate McCann would have known well in advance, that the law had changed. They have had enough time to ask for them to be heard. I think something has backfired on the McCann's here, but let's wait and see.
Graceful1, Sallypelt,

I am also wondering about his useless trip to Lisbon. Imo, he must have known the lawyer would be absent.
I think of the Portuguese jourrnalist, about the coming days.
Imo, Gerry could have known that something  is about to happen in Portugal and he is trying to find out what.
Imo he could have connections somewhere  and one of them could be Isabel herself, imo.
Perhaps a leak from the PJ or Yard, accidentally or on purpose, imo, only to test what would be his reaction, imo.
He referred to the fact(s) in the file. It could be that his thoughts were with the file at the moment when he answered the journalist and he made a mistake.His thoughts were much beyonder Amaral's book, imo.
And he looked nervous.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by Cristobell on 30.09.13 13:29

When Isabel replied 'nothing' - she was telling Gerry to shut up.  The Journalist wanted to know what Gerry was going to say to the Judge, and Isabel pre-empted his reply before he dug them into a deeper hole.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by marconi on 30.09.13 14:21

just read on Brunt  (McCannfiles) that British detectives are waiting for permission from Portugal to collect their own evidence (did I tell it right?)

What does this mean?  Own evidence?
"this is yours and this is mine"?

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by Seek truth on 30.09.13 14:59

@marconi wrote:just read on Brunt  (McCannfiles) that British detectives are waiting for permission from Portugal to collect their own evidence (did I tell it right?)

What does this mean?  Own evidence?
"this is yours and this is mine"?
Perhaps "their own evidence" means something completely different from what the pj found.

And as we already know, discrediting the portuguese is the intention, of the press.
But we seem to forget the British police been on it for two years but nothing has come out of it.

Has Gerry caught the plane yet for Wednesday?

Seek truth

Posts : 447
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by ultimaThule on 30.09.13 15:18

@Cristobell wrote:When Isabel replied 'nothing' - she was telling Gerry to shut up.  The Journalist wanted to know what Gerry was going to say to the Judge, and Isabel pre-empted his reply before he dug them into a deeper hole.
In the event Friday's Court session had gone ahead as planned, there was no way Gerry would have been allowed to take the stand on that day and that fact was known to both Isabel Duarte and her client before he elected to engage in more posturing for the press fly to Lisbon.

IMO any hole was dug when Isabel Duarte allegedly made application to the Court last Thursday and subsequently widened by her repeated request on Friday which, due to circumstances beyond her control, has given the Defence ample time to consider the merits of acceding to it.

As it's my firm belief that no lawyer would advise either of the McCanns to take the stand in this trial, and as it's my equally firm belief that Gerry's latest publicity stunt indicates he has most probably overridden Isabel's advice to him, I read her performance outside the Court, complete with meaningful look and hair tossing when she interjected 'Nothing' in a particularly pointed manner, as being an unprofessional but entirely understandable fit of pique on her part as the hole he's dug is now big enough to swallow her as well as him.

Before we rub our hands in glee at the prospect of one of Madeleine's parents being required to give some account of themselves on oath in a Court of Law, we should remember that any such testimony in a trial of this nature will be strictly limited to facts that don't directly pertain to the night of May 3 2007 and it could be that the Defence will see no added value, so to speak, in allowing one of the Plaintiffs to 'put their tuppence worth' in at this late date - especially as their earlier witnesses have done such a sterling job of making the Defence's case for them.

What interesting times we live in smilie  If given the opportunity to testify, will Gerry break a leg in Portugal on Wednesday or will he break one earlier in the UK and be unable to attend?  My breath is baited....

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by gbwales on 30.09.13 15:32

@ultimaThule wrote:In the event Friday's Court session had gone ahead as planned, there was no way Gerry would have been allowed to take the stand on that day and that fact was known to both Isabel Duarte and her client before he elected to engage in more posturing for the press fly to Lisbon.

IMO any hole was dug when Isabel Duarte allegedly made application to the Court last Thursday and subsequently widened by her repeated request on Friday which, due to circumstances beyond her control, has given the Defence ample time to consider the merits of acceding to it...



....the hole he's dug is now big enough to swallow her as well as him.
Totally agree, and I genuinely hope that the unfortunate delay turns out to have a silver lining and allows time for the court to speak with GA's defence team and for all to agree to GM's request to enter the witness box.

gbwales

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by marconi on 30.09.13 15:42

@Seek truth wrote:
@marconi wrote:just read on Brunt  (McCannfiles) that British detectives are waiting for permission from Portugal to collect their own evidence (did I tell it right?)

What does this mean?  Own evidence?
"this is yours and this is mine"?
Perhaps "their own evidence" means something completely different from what the pj found.

And as we already know, discrediting the portuguese is the intention, of the press.
But we seem to forget the British police been on it for two years but nothing has come out of it.

Has Gerry caught the plane yet for Wednesday?
Seek truth,  the review took 2 years and a review starts from zero. They had millions of papers to be analyzed, translated, etc. They found 38 persons of interest and I think that it went very fast, since July the 4th. We don't know if the most important persons live in Algarve and whether they told things that were  officially unknown to the PJ (and the PJ knew it). Imo they did.  I wonder what the Yard wants to collect: something material? A piece of cloth, the blue bag?
Of course the Yard used the PJ's information, that is why they got that far, imo.

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by The Rooster on 30.09.13 16:26

Well said all the valued contributors on this forum.  McCann mustn't be underestimated in his actions. McCann can't help himself, he craves the limelight, he's got intelligence in the way that a fox is cunning. Yet he's more venomous than a cornered snake and more selfish than the cat that walks alone.  He'll go down for sure, but he'll go down screaming and it will be appalling to hear and all his collaborators well intentioned or not will be dragged down with him.  There's no woman and children first with this character, just like the Concordia Captain he's already planning on how to leave the ship!

I can't find words to describe this man adequately, however the author Mervyn Peake created a character called Steepike in his Gormanghast Trilogy, a character that I think McCann parallels.  Here's how Mr Peake described Steepike...

"If ever he had harboured a conscience in his tough narrow breast he had by now dug out and flung away the awkward thing - flung it so far away that were he ever to need it again he could never find it. High-shouldered to a degree little short of malformation, slender and adroit of limb and frame, his eyes close-set and the colour of dried blood, he is climbing the spiral staircase of the soul of Gormenghast, bound for some pinnacle of the itching fancy - some wild, invulnerable eyrie best known to himself; where he can watch the world spread out below him, and shake exultantly his clotted wings."

____________________
F J Leghorn
"DOO-Dah! DOO-Dah-Day!"

The Rooster

Posts : 379
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 70
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by Humanist on 30.09.13 16:43

Scotland Yard was between a rock and a hard place.
They knew what had gone down.
If you move away from the forum debates early days there are very simple theories about what happened and who protected who.
The only thing is that people in power were involved and these are the one's preventing Scotland Yard from outing the truth.
Why would Scotland Yard need to provide a whitewash - in whose interest?
I think they have been looking for ways to close the net and in my opinion what we are seeing is a brilliantly orchestrated plan by both teams.
For the law to have changed so abruptly in the last week that would have Gerry on the stand is a pretty momentous thing to have happened.

I think so much is happening right now behind the scenes.
There is a huge chessboard and there is check.

Humanist

Posts : 66
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by The Rooster on 30.09.13 16:45

I should say that Steerpike, started his career as a kitchen boy, he had very high aspirations and did climb the social heights within the novel but ultimately fell in a spectacular way, leaving a very unpleasant feeling in the after wake.  I think the same will happen to McCann.

____________________
F J Leghorn
"DOO-Dah! DOO-Dah-Day!"

The Rooster

Posts : 379
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 70
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by nobodythereeither on 30.09.13 18:29

@Humanist wrote:
For the law to have changed so abruptly in the last week that would have Gerry on the stand is a pretty momentous thing to have happened.
The change in the law may have only just been implemented, but it has been in the pipeline for some time, I believe.

I think the chances that the change has anything to do with this particular libel case are miniscule.

nobodythereeither

Posts : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by gbwales on 30.09.13 18:38

Was it in July?

Certainly there's no way anybody should reasonably be able to suggest they could have been caught out when they've been working with their lawyer on it for literally years!

gbwales

Posts : 297
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by ultimaThule on 30.09.13 19:39

@Humanist wrote:Scotland Yard was between a rock and a hard place.
They knew what had gone down.
If you move away from the forum debates early days there are very simple theories about what happened and who protected who.
The only thing is that people in power were involved and these are the one's preventing Scotland Yard from outing the truth.
Why would Scotland Yard need to provide a whitewash - in whose interest?
I think they have been looking for ways to close the net and in my opinion what we are seeing is a brilliantly orchestrated plan by both teams.
For the law to have changed so abruptly in the last week that would have Gerry on the stand is a pretty momentous thing to have happened.

I think so much is happening right now behind the scenes.
There is a huge chessboard and there is check.
In the Western world the law cannot be said to change "abruptly".  Legislation is amended and/or new laws added to the statute book only after due process has been undertaken thus providing the judiciary/lawyers/police and other interested parties ample warning of forthcoming change.

It's my understanding that the law of Portugal was recently amended to allow Plaintiffs in libel trials to take the stand and that this change became effective before the recommencement of the McCanns' suit for libel earlier this month.

If this is the case it is to be expected Isabel Duarte advised her clients prior to recommencement that, if they so wished, either or both of them could make application to testify.

Although I've not been able to find an account of how many days Kate McCann attended the trial or whether she sat beside her lawyer, passed notes/drew attention to certain points etc, her presence in Court suggests she, at least, had no intention of availing herself of the opportunity to give evidence on her own behalf or that of her spouse. 

Gerry McCann's notable absence from the trial until he made his appearance outside the Court building last Friday gives rise to speculation that he may have elected to hold himself in reserve, so to speak, until such time as some appraisal could be made of the effectiveness of the motley crew witnesses he and his dear wife put forward to substantiate, if not prove, their case.

In any event, I hold firm to my belief there is no way any lawyer would advise either of the McCanns to take the stand in this particular trial and that Gerry's late application to testify has been made against Isabel Duarte's advice.  

With regard to New Scotland Yard, given the politicisation of that formerly hallowed institution, and given the Met's finest's inability to locate a decomposing body above their heads, I put no great faith in their sense of smell investigative skills.  

That said, I very much doubt Gerry has established the type of chummy relationship with NSY that he enjoys/enjoyed with his apron wearing pals in other police forces and it occurs to me that, with regard to the latter, any brother masons may not be quite so forthcoming to the Drs McCann for fear that a wrong word may cause their fragile mental health to result in them topping themselves tragedy.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by Guest on 30.09.13 20:48

@The Rooster wrote:Well said all the valued contributors on this forum.  McCann mustn't be underestimated in his actions. McCann can't help himself, he craves the limelight, he's got intelligence in the way that a fox is cunning. Yet he's more venomous than a cornered snake and more selfish than the cat that walks alone.  He'll go down for sure, but he'll go down screaming and it will be appalling to hear and all his collaborators well intentioned or not will be dragged down with him.  There's no woman and children first with this character, just like the Concordia Captain he's already planning on how to leave the ship!

I can't find words to describe this man adequately, however the author Mervyn Peake created a character called Steepike in his Gormanghast Trilogy, a character that I think McCann parallels.  Here's how Mr Peake described Steepike...

"If ever he had harboured a conscience in his tough narrow breast he had by now dug out and flung away the awkward thing - flung it so far away that were he ever to need it again he could never find it. High-shouldered to a degree little short of malformation, slender and adroit of limb and frame, his eyes close-set and the colour of dried blood, he is climbing the spiral staircase of the soul of Gormenghast, bound for some pinnacle of the itching fancy - some wild, invulnerable eyrie best known to himself; where he can watch the world spread out below him, and shake exultantly his clotted wings."
Brilliant

bravo

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by The Slave on 30.09.13 22:08

The first two books of that trilogy are thrilling.
Steerpike.. * shudders*
Yes, our Gezza is Machiavellian.

The Slave

Posts : 127
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by Guest on 30.09.13 22:53

@The Slave wrote:The first two books of that trilogy are thrilling.
Steerpike.. * shudders*
Yes, our Gezza is Machiavellian.
***
He should have read Sun Tzu.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by loopzdaloop on 01.10.13 1:01

@Humanist wrote:Scotland Yard was between a rock and a hard place.
They knew what had gone down.
If you move away from the forum debates early days there are very simple theories about what happened and who protected who.
The only thing is that people in power were involved and these are the one's preventing Scotland Yard from outing the truth.
Why would Scotland Yard need to provide a whitewash - in whose interest?
I think they have been looking for ways to close the net and in my opinion what we are seeing is a brilliantly orchestrated plan by both teams.
For the law to have changed so abruptly in the last week that would have Gerry on the stand is a pretty momentous thing to have happened.

I think so much is happening right now behind the scenes.
There is a huge chessboard and there is check.
I would agree with this. my perception is that Gerry went as a bluff/PR 'knowing' it was too short notice to take the stand.
Yet, the illness of the child has forced his hand.
Reading the transcripts of ID and the witnesses she has called and the questions she asks I can't help but think she has changed sides. Be it her conscience getting to her or a bit of traditional double agent style recruitment' Gerry has somehow put himself in this position. shark pop2

loopzdaloop

Posts : 334
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transcript - Gerry McCann interviewed after coming out of court in Lisbon 27 Sep 2013 (ITV News report]

Post by marconi on 01.10.13 2:29


@Humanist wrote:Scotland Yard was between a rock and a hard place.
They knew what had gone down.
If you move away from the forum debates early days there are very simple theories about what happened and who protected who.
The only thing is that people in power were involved and these are the one's preventing Scotland Yard from outing the truth.
Why would Scotland Yard need to provide a whitewash - in whose interest?
I think they have been looking for ways to close the net and in my opinion what we are seeing is a brilliantly orchestrated plan by both teams.
For the law to have changed so abruptly in the last week that would have Gerry on the stand is a pretty momentous thing to have happened.

I think so much is happening right now behind the scenes.
There is a huge chessboard and there is check.
imo, today is October the 1st.
Yes, Humanist, a lot is happening behind the scenes, imo.
I expect an explosion at any moment.thumbsup

marconi

Posts : 1082
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum