The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Netherlands to use sniffer rats to fight crime - and names each sniffer rat after a famous detective

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Netherlands to use sniffer rats to fight crime - and names each sniffer rat after a famous detective

Post by Tony Bennett on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:53 pm

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Netherlands to use sniffer rats to fight crime - and names each sniffer rat after a famous detective

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:10 pm

I missed that, Tony. Thanks. So just went to look up some Dutch news about this. Amazing. They're being trained to sniff explosives, drugs, cadaver, you name it. They're [they say] even more easy to train than dogs [and cheaper to maintain]. On the minus side, they don't live as long as dogs do.

Back to top Go down

Re: Netherlands to use sniffer rats to fight crime - and names each sniffer rat after a famous detective

Post by lj on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:55 am

I used to have rats and desert rats when I was a student. Very good pets, extremely smart and sweet. One big male sadly was an alcoholic. You had to put something on your beer glass otherwise he would be in it, happy and hickuping.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:24 am

@lj wrote:I used to have rats and desert rats when I was a student. Very good pets, extremely smart and sweet. One big male sadly was an alcoholic. You had to put something on your beer glass otherwise he would be in it, happy and hickuping.
So are some of these going to be druggies? Junkies looking for the next fix? I'm wondering if it's going to be enough to put a suspect in a cell with Poirot, Holmes, Spillane and co.

Canny Dutch, saves on dog food as well.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:37 am

@tigger wrote:Canny Dutch, saves on dog food as well.
And much quieter..no barking dogs...

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:01 pm

I wonder what Mike O'Sullivan thinks of Mrs' crude language. She has admitted to using it and yet Mr. A. did not ever use foul language.

If Mr. A. were to sue all the people who have insulted and libelled him, he could be a very rich man indeed.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Would this change the standing expression "I smell a rat" to "I have a rat that smells"?

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Châtelaine wrote:Would this change the standing expression "I smell a rat" to "I have a rat that smells"?
Or, if the rat thought there was something dodgy going on would the rat be able to smell it?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:00 pm

If the rat fell down a sewer, would all the other rats say 'you dirty rat'?

If KM were to be questioned by inspector rat, would she get rattled?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Some pro must have called him that. In interviews he' always comes across with considered answers, calm and balanced. Often sidestepping answers that could be hurtful to Kate. I think he pities her.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:59 pm

@tigger wrote:
Some pro must have called him that. In interviews he' always comes across with considered answers, calm and balanced. Often sidestepping answers that could be hurtful to Kate.  I think he pities her.  

You might very well be right. But IMO there's a limit to pity. And, also IMO, she overstepped that [again] when contesting the court case being in closed chambers.

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:37 pm

@tigger wrote:
@lj wrote:I used to have rats and desert rats when I was a student. Very good pets, extremely smart and sweet. One big male sadly was an alcoholic. You had to put something on your beer glass otherwise he would be in it, happy and hickuping.
So are some of these going to be druggies? Junkies looking for the next fix? I'm wondering if it's going to be enough to put a suspect in a cell with Poirot, Holmes, Spillane and co.

As always: "Geen cent te veel hoor!"

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:43 pm

@lj wrote:[ [...]
As always: "Geen cent te veel hoor!"

[/quote]***
friends 
I'd forgotten about that one smilie

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum