The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

stephen birch

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by tiny on 23.09.13 12:12

@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Angelique wrote:My goodness TM are throwing an awful lot of distraction.

Make hay while the sun shines.
plus Robert murat, the thing is    why now
Plus Robert Murat? Is there any evidence that what Birch says is true?

Friends, as always, I urge caution especially where Birch is concerned.
is there evidence to what birch say,s is untrue.

not that I believe Madeleine is under the driveway,but until its dug up nobody will know
Well, I can't possibly prove a negative. My point is Murat shouldn't be brought into it like he's definitely given permission like Birch claims. There is evidence that Birch has made the claim but there's zero evidence that what he says is true. In that respect, it's unfair to suggest Murat has suddenly come out of the woodwork. That's all.
perhaps Robert murat is trying to take some of the heat of off the mccanns libel trial.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by ShuBob on 23.09.13 12:18

@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Angelique wrote:My goodness TM are throwing an awful lot of distraction.

Make hay while the sun shines.
plus Robert murat, the thing is    why now
Plus Robert Murat? Is there any evidence that what Birch says is true?

Friends, as always, I urge caution especially where Birch is concerned.
is there evidence to what birch say,s is untrue.

not that I believe Madeleine is under the driveway,but until its dug up nobody will know
Well, I can't possibly prove a negative. My point is Murat shouldn't be brought into it like he's definitely given permission like Birch claims. There is evidence that Birch has made the claim but there's zero evidence that what he says is true. In that respect, it's unfair to suggest Murat has suddenly come out of the woodwork. That's all.
perhaps Robert murat is trying to take some of the heat of off the mccanns libel trial.
Perhaps, what the question I asked initially hasn't been answered i.e. where is the evidence for that?

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by tiny on 23.09.13 12:24

@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Angelique wrote:My goodness TM are throwing an awful lot of distraction.

Make hay while the sun shines.
plus Robert murat, the thing is    why now
Plus Robert Murat? Is there any evidence that what Birch says is true?

Friends, as always, I urge caution especially where Birch is concerned.
is there evidence to what birch say,s is untrue.

not that I believe Madeleine is under the driveway,but until its dug up nobody will know
Well, I can't possibly prove a negative. My point is Murat shouldn't be brought into it like he's definitely given permission like Birch claims. There is evidence that Birch has made the claim but there's zero evidence that what he says is true. In that respect, it's unfair to suggest Murat has suddenly come out of the woodwork. That's all.
perhaps Robert murat is trying to take some of the heat of off the mccanns libel trial.
Perhaps, what the question I asked initially hasn't been answered i.e. where is the evidence for that?
shubob, where is the evidence that robert murat has,nt given him permission.i think we will have to wait and see how it all pans out.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by ShuBob on 23.09.13 12:29

@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Angelique wrote:My goodness TM are throwing an awful lot of distraction.

Make hay while the sun shines.
plus Robert murat, the thing is    why now
Plus Robert Murat? Is there any evidence that what Birch says is true?

Friends, as always, I urge caution especially where Birch is concerned.
is there evidence to what birch say,s is untrue.

not that I believe Madeleine is under the driveway,but until its dug up nobody will know
Well, I can't possibly prove a negative. My point is Murat shouldn't be brought into it like he's definitely given permission like Birch claims. There is evidence that Birch has made the claim but there's zero evidence that what he says is true. In that respect, it's unfair to suggest Murat has suddenly come out of the woodwork. That's all.
perhaps Robert murat is trying to take some of the heat of off the mccanns libel trial.
Perhaps, what the question I asked initially hasn't been answered i.e. where is the evidence for that?
shubob, where is the evidence that robert murat has,nt given him permission.i think we will have to wait and see how it all pans out.
If that's the line of argument you're going to take given all we know about this case and of Birch in particular, I respectfully withdraw from this discussion roses

As with all things Birch, I always prefer to wait and see.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by susible on 23.09.13 12:42

Well we never heard anymore about his petition, which he claimed would get a million signatures...but that most sane people refused to sign...

susible

Posts : 330
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by Newintown on 23.09.13 12:46

@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Angelique wrote:My goodness TM are throwing an awful lot of distraction.

Make hay while the sun shines.
plus Robert murat, the thing is    why now
Plus Robert Murat? Is there any evidence that what Birch says is true?

Friends, as always, I urge caution especially where Birch is concerned.
is there evidence to what birch say,s is untrue.

not that I believe Madeleine is under the driveway,but until its dug up nobody will know
Well, I can't possibly prove a negative. My point is Murat shouldn't be brought into it like he's definitely given permission like Birch claims. There is evidence that Birch has made the claim but there's zero evidence that what he says is true. In that respect, it's unfair to suggest Murat has suddenly come out of the woodwork. That's all.
perhaps Robert murat is trying to take some of the heat of off the mccanns libel trial.
Shouldn't that line read -

perhaps Stephen Birch is trying to take some of the heat of off the mccanns libel trial.

I can't see what Robert Murat has to do with the libel trial, why would he want to take the heat off the McCanns?

However, I can imagine Stephen Birch tryng to take the heat off the McCanns and diverting everyone's attention from the trial, or have I got that completely wrong?

Kate said in an interview "who is this man anyway", I can't believe that she didn't know anything about him at that point.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by tiny on 23.09.13 12:50

@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Angelique wrote:My goodness TM are throwing an awful lot of distraction.

Make hay while the sun shines.
plus Robert murat, the thing is    why now
Plus Robert Murat? Is there any evidence that what Birch says is true?

Friends, as always, I urge caution especially where Birch is concerned.
is there evidence to what birch say,s is untrue.

not that I believe Madeleine is under the driveway,but until its dug up nobody will know
Well, I can't possibly prove a negative. My point is Murat shouldn't be brought into it like he's definitely given permission like Birch claims. There is evidence that Birch has made the claim but there's zero evidence that what he says is true. In that respect, it's unfair to suggest Murat has suddenly come out of the woodwork. That's all.
perhaps Robert murat is trying to take some of the heat of off the mccanns libel trial.
Perhaps, what the question I asked initially hasn't been answered i.e. where is the evidence for that?
shubob, where is the evidence that robert murat has,nt given him permission.i think we will have to wait and see how it all pans out.
If that's the line of argument you're going to take given all we know about this case and of Birch in particular, I respectfully withdraw from this discussion roses

As with all things Birch, I always prefer to wait and see.
im not argueing,just saying that you dismiss stephen birch,s claim but you wont believe robert murat could have given his permission ,until we have a  statement  from Robert murat then we really cant say who,s telling the truth,like I wrote in my last reply we will have to wait and see how it alls pans out

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by tiny on 23.09.13 12:56

@Newintown wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Angelique wrote:My goodness TM are throwing an awful lot of distraction.

Make hay while the sun shines.
plus Robert murat, the thing is    why now
Plus Robert Murat? Is there any evidence that what Birch says is true?

Friends, as always, I urge caution especially where Birch is concerned.
is there evidence to what birch say,s is untrue.

not that I believe Madeleine is under the driveway,but until its dug up nobody will know
Well, I can't possibly prove a negative. My point is Murat shouldn't be brought into it like he's definitely given permission like Birch claims. There is evidence that Birch has made the claim but there's zero evidence that what he says is true. In that respect, it's unfair to suggest Murat has suddenly come out of the woodwork. That's all.
perhaps Robert murat is trying to take some of the heat of off the mccanns libel trial.
Shouldn't that line read -

perhaps Stephen Birch is trying to take some of the heat of off the mccanns libel trial.

I can't see what Robert Murat has to do with the libel trial, why would he want to take the heat off the McCanns?

However, I can imagine Stephen Birch tryng to take the heat off the McCanns and diverting everyone's attention from the trial, or have I got that completely wrong?

Kate said in an interview "who is this man anyway", I can't believe that she didn't know anything about him at that point.
yes quite possiblybut Stephen birch said that Portugal had contacted him,also we have had Stephen birch going on about this dig for some time now, all I am saying is what Stephen birch is saying might be true that Robert murat has given him permission.also I think the mccanns (Gerry)did know Robert murat, but it had nothing to do with Madeleine but more of an adult thing,you know like kate said they were into each other.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by MRNOODLES on 23.09.13 13:05

I wonder if Channel 4 will do a live broadcast under the name of a 'Time Team Special' titter

MRNOODLES

Posts : 637
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2013-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by Newintown on 23.09.13 13:15

@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Angelique wrote:My goodness TM are throwing an awful lot of distraction.

Make hay while the sun shines.
plus Robert murat, the thing is    why now
Plus Robert Murat? Is there any evidence that what Birch says is true?

Friends, as always, I urge caution especially where Birch is concerned.
is there evidence to what birch say,s is untrue.

not that I believe Madeleine is under the driveway,but until its dug up nobody will know
Well, I can't possibly prove a negative. My point is Murat shouldn't be brought into it like he's definitely given permission like Birch claims. There is evidence that Birch has made the claim but there's zero evidence that what he says is true. In that respect, it's unfair to suggest Murat has suddenly come out of the woodwork. That's all.
perhaps Robert murat is trying to take some of the heat of off the mccanns libel trial.
Perhaps, what the question I asked initially hasn't been answered i.e. where is the evidence for that?
shubob, where is the evidence that robert murat has,nt given him permission.i think we will have to wait and see how it all pans out.
If that's the line of argument you're going to take given all we know about this case and of Birch in particular, I respectfully withdraw from this discussion roses

As with all things Birch, I always prefer to wait and see.
im not argueing,just saying that you dismiss stephen birch,s claim but you wont believe robert murat could have given his permission ,until we have a  statement  from Robert murat then we really cant say who,s telling the truth,like I wrote in my last reply we will have to wait and see how it alls pans out
You're twisting my words, I didn't say anything about SB's claim, I did say, why would RB try to take the heat off the libel case when it has nothing to do with him, why would be want to get involved in any of the McCann's legal fights anyway?

Can you say why you think RB is trying to take the heat off the McCann's libel trial as I'm confused with your way of thinking.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by Newintown on 23.09.13 13:16

Post deleted as duplicate of above, my computer crashed when I posted.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by annemab on 23.09.13 13:23

I hope this is not true - although I think it might not do any harm to dig up the driveway to prove there is nothing there, as previous posters have suggested - and although I am sure you are all right and SB is a "nutter" (hope that's not libellous! just expressing my opinion!) what if there was a body there and TV cameras were filming and all the world watching as it was discovered? How disrespectful would that be, whoever it was, and especially if it was MBM?

But I'm sure you're all right and I probably have nothing to worry about as it won't actually happen!

annemab

Posts : 34
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by tiny on 23.09.13 13:28

@Newintown wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@ShuBob wrote:
@tiny wrote:
@Angelique wrote:My goodness TM are throwing an awful lot of distraction.

Make hay while the sun shines.
plus Robert murat, the thing is    why now
Plus Robert Murat? Is there any evidence that what Birch says is true?

Friends, as always, I urge caution especially where Birch is concerned.
is there evidence to what birch say,s is untrue.

not that I believe Madeleine is under the driveway,but until its dug up nobody will know
Well, I can't possibly prove a negative. My point is Murat shouldn't be brought into it like he's definitely given permission like Birch claims. There is evidence that Birch has made the claim but there's zero evidence that what he says is true. In that respect, it's unfair to suggest Murat has suddenly come out of the woodwork. That's all.
perhaps Robert murat is trying to take some of the heat of off the mccanns libel trial.
Perhaps, what the question I asked initially hasn't been answered i.e. where is the evidence for that?
shubob, where is the evidence that robert murat has,nt given him permission.i think we will have to wait and see how it all pans out.
If that's the line of argument you're going to take given all we know about this case and of Birch in particular, I respectfully withdraw from this discussion roses

As with all things Birch, I always prefer to wait and see.
im not argueing,just saying that you dismiss stephen birch,s claim but you wont believe robert murat could have given his permission ,until we have a  statement  from Robert murat then we really cant say who,s telling the truth,like I wrote in my last reply we will have to wait and see how it alls pans out
You're twisting my words, I didn't say anything about SB's claim, I did say, why would RB try to take the heat off the libel case when it has nothing to do with him, why would be want to get involved in any of the McCann's legal fights anyway?

Can you say why you think RB is trying to take the heat off the McCann's libel trial as I'm confused with your way of thinking.
like I said ,I think Gerry and Robert do know each other ,so it would be a friend helping a friend by trying to take away some of the heat of the libel trial.
with out getting actually involved with any thing to do with trial.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by Newintown on 23.09.13 13:30

@annemab wrote:I hope this is not true - although I think it might not do any harm to dig up the driveway to prove there is nothing there, as previous posters have suggested - and although I am sure you are all right and SB is a "nutter" (hope that's not libellous! just expressing my opinion!) what if there was a body there and TV cameras were filming and all the world watching as it was discovered? How disrespectful would that be, whoever it was, and especially if it was MBM?

But I'm sure you're all right and I probably have nothing to worry about as it won't actually happen!
I can't see the logic of RB having a body hidden under his driveway, knowing that anytime it could be dug up for any reason i.e. burst water main, people later buying the property who wanted to have the garden redesigned etc.

There are thousands of acres of land in Portugal and Spain where a body could be buried, why bury it in your own garden?

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by annemab on 23.09.13 13:39

I agree Newintown, it does seem like a stupid thing to do! I still don't think it should be filmed though (not by TV companies anyway) as it is indirectly making money out of MBM and I'm sick of that. But I accept that I am worrying about a hypothetical situation as the dig will not happen!

annemab

Posts : 34
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by TMH on 23.09.13 15:09

I think it's absolutely disgusting that this man is having the dig televised in front of a "billion" people!! Who on earth would want to see the remains of a decomposing, rotting body of a little girl?? sad  It's all about the money for this man. He's got no thought or compassion for Madeleine, all he's interested in is lining his own pockets. Disgusting person!! sad1

TMH

Posts : 192
Reputation : 25
Join date : 2013-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by tiny on 23.09.13 15:11

@TMH wrote:I think it's absolutely disgusting that this man is having the dig televised in front of a "billion" people!! Who on earth would want to see the remains of a decomposing, rotting body of a little girl?? sad  It's all about the money for this man. He's got no thought or compassion for Madeleine, all he's interested in is lining his own pockets. Disgusting person!! sad1
just like the mccanns

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by Newintown on 23.09.13 15:26

@TMH wrote:I think it's absolutely disgusting that this man is having the dig televised in front of a "billion" people!! Who on earth would want to see the remains of a decomposing, rotting body of a little girl?? sad  It's all about the money for this man. He's got no thought or compassion for Madeleine, all he's interested in is lining his own pockets. Disgusting person!! sad1
Don't worry about it, the man is a fantasist IMO, he's been sent in with his ridiculous claims to take the heat off the McCanns libel trial and to divert attention away from it.

We, here on the forum, have got used to the McCanns' dirty tricks and this is just another one of them as the libel trial isn't going as well as they thought it would.

Well, he probably is lining his own pockets but it won't be for digging up RM's mother's driveway, it won't happen.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by russiandoll on 23.09.13 15:29

SY must be looking with interest at all these goings-on while their investigation is ongoing.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by susible on 23.09.13 15:35

I'm not sure he's there to take the heat off of the McCann's, he has implicated them and other members of the tapas group in his "theory"  Mind you, he's implicated half of Portugal and the UK in his theory, so I don't suppose it counts for much.

susible

Posts : 330
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by roy rovers on 23.09.13 16:05

I've been as critical of SB as anyone in the past but at least he's arranged for a dig to take place to prove / disprove his theory - even if he's made to look foolish as a result. A grand obsession indeed.

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by Guest on 23.09.13 16:14

It remains (no pun intended) to be seen if he has actually organised a dig.

I agree that, to resolve the matter once and for all, it should be done but I just can't see it happening.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by littlepixie on 23.09.13 16:27

I get a real funny vibe about this Birch stuff. I think someone somewhere thinks they are playing a blinder with rolling out this theory at the appropriate times.
Whether it comes from the McCanns or from someone else who wants Justice, I have no idea.

I just think that IF this a McCann arranged distraction what a horrible, horrible, desperate face card to play. Using the unearthing of their childs corpse to distract!

They wouldn't seriously do that - would they?

littlepixie

Posts : 1340
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by Guest on 23.09.13 16:36

I really can't believe that the McCanns would have anything to do with publicising the search for a body, rather than a living child.  

Anyone else but them would be grateful to achieve closure.

I won't be surprised if we get some "live" sightings soon.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: stephen birch

Post by ShuBob on 23.09.13 16:39

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I really can't believe that the McCanns would have anything to do with publicising the search for a body, rather than a living child.  

Anyone else but them would be grateful to achieve closure.

I won't be surprised if we get some "live" sightings soon.
Three words- Marcos Aragao Correia.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum