The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by aiyoyo on 18.09.13 4:37

Lifted from UK Justice Forum.

Thanks a Zillion to Anne Guede.


Libel trial McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 2 Witness No 2


The testimony as it happened...

(13.09.2013, 11:30 am) Angus McBride. A lawyer, he first met the McCanns as an assistant advisor when they came back from Portugal at the beginning of September 2007.

The Judge, Maria Emília de Melo e Castro, asks him what kind of services he provided for the McCanns.
AM answers that he assisted the McCanns in the criminal investigation, was a go-between with their Portuguese lawyers and assisted them in their relationships with the media.

The Judge asks if his knowledge about the case is personal or through the media and if, in the first case, there are restrictions on what he can say, if there's a clause of confidentiality.
AM answers that he can't repeat what occurred when he worked with the McCanns, but can freely talk about the media.

The Judge reminds him that in Portugal the lawyers can't talk about specifics as long as a process is ongoing and that any information they acquired through their professional activity must remain confidential.
AM says that in the UK it's not like that.

The judge asks if there's anything that prevents him from talking
AM says he is registered as a lawyer in the UK and the only applicable secrecy law is related to this.

The judge asks if, in the perspective of the English law, he thinks something prevents him from speaking.
AM answers that nothing prevents it, unless it relates to his counselling activities. For instance his meetings with the media aren't under any secrecy law.

The judge concludes by asking AM to inform the court if he eventually can't answer any particular question, if it violates a professional confidentiality. She adds that she only mentions this matter because she wants him to feel at ease and not pressurised to answer any of the questions.


1) McCann family lawyer, Isabel Duarte, is the first to question the witness.

ID – Did you advise the McCanns about the reaction to the book?
AM says no. He adds that he is a specialist in the criminal defence of victims and management of the media.

ID – Are you aware of the impact the publication of the (Amaral) book had in the UK?
AM says he is.

ID – Did the public treatment of the case (media, comments, etc.) increase or decrease following the publication of the book?
AM says it increased, the internet included.

ID – You were very attentive in the first months, what was the result?
AM says some distance is needed. The people were compassionate in the UK. The rumours generated media's errors. The comments on the internet revealed the damages caused by the status of arguido. The book appeared as the official version of the rumours. It provoked an explosion of comments on the internet. People thought that there had been some judicial decision and this had a negative effect on the search for Madeleine.

ID – Have you read the book in a translation on the internet?
AM doesn't answer this question (note: later he will say he read the book without specifying where) but says he heard about the documentary and read a transcript of the documentary. He adds he is not an expert in libel.

ID – In what other countries of the world did the book have an impact?
AM observes the impact was worse because of the profession of the author.

ID – Do you know the books of Paulo Cristóvão, Manuel Catarino and Hernâni Carvalho? (note: all of them wrote a book on the case)
AM doesn't know them.


2) Defence lawyers.

The TVI lawyer is a substitute. He has no questions

a) Valentim de Carvalho (DVD production/distribution) lawyer's questions

VC - Are you aware of the process?
AM says yes, but not officially.

VC – Is the information in the media different from that in the Amaral book?
AM says yes, but they are more vague, they weren't said in the same way.

VC – Did the book confirm the rumours?
AM says yes, mainly the internet ones. People understood that these rumours were coming from the PJ. The fact the book repeated them increased that impact. He adds it is the only book that makes these allegations.

c) Guerra & Paz's lawyer's questions

GP – Do you know that other authors spoke in the media?
AM says he is vaguely aware that other books exist. He knows that the case was an important one in Portugal and beyond.

GP – Can you mention specifics about the effect of the book in July 2008?
AM says he can't.

GP – When did you know that the book was on the internet?
AM doesn't know. He says he read the book some time after.

GP – Do you know other books by Gonçalo Amaral on this case?
AM says no.

GP – What were the repercussions in the media of the arguido status?
AM says it was very damaging in the beginning but, as there was not much information about, the media found it increasingly difficult to pursue the issue.

GP – Between September 2007 and July 2008, was there an impact on the media?
AM says yes.

d) Santos Oliveira (GA lawyer) questions

SO I would like to know, in order to compare, about the impact following the disappearance, the arguido status and the book.
AM says he has no idea and doesn't have numbers.

The judge comments she wasn't expecting Mr McBride to pop up with numbers in his pocket.

SO – So when you say that the book had a growing impact, it's just your opinion?
AM says yes.

SO – Therefore the impact on the search is also an opinion?
AM says it is his judgement. He thinks that it's common sense.

SO – Do you know why they waited so much time before suing GA?

The judge overrules: it has nothing to do with the contemplated matter

SO – Do you know who the Amaral book site on the internet belongs to?

The judge again criticizes and overrules.

The judge (Maria Emília de Melo e Castro) is now asking

MC – what was the reaction to the shelving of the process?
AM says the impact was very quickly shadowed by the book.

MC – What did the people think of the shelving?
AM says that they respected the AG Report that says that there was no evidence of anything.

MC - But the conclusions of the AG Report are two-fold. It established there was no evidence determining the nature of the crime, whilst indicating that there nothing more that could be done to find Madeleine.
AM concludes saying that the publication of the book raised many comments.


End of Day 2.

(Tribunal failed to resume in the afternoon as the Judge didn’t return.)

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by aiyoyo on 18.09.13 5:11

Sorry, repeating this just to highlight the pertinent points that made an impact for me, so that people can use the other one to quote.

Libel trial McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 2 Witness No 2


The testimony as it happened...

(13.09.2013, 11:30 am) Angus McBride. A lawyer, he first met the McCanns as an assistant advisor when they came back from Portugal at the beginning of September 2007.

The Judge, Maria Emília de Melo e Castro, asks him what kind of services he provided for the McCanns.
AM answers that he assisted the McCanns in the criminal investigation, was a go-between with their Portuguese lawyers and assisted them in their relationships with the media.

The Judge asks if his knowledge about the case is personal or through the media and if, in the first case, there are restrictions on what he can say, if there's a clause of confidentiality.
AM answers that he can't repeat what occurred when he worked with the McCanns, but can freely talk about the media.

The Judge reminds him that in Portugal the lawyers can't talk about specifics as long as a process is ongoing and that any information they acquired through their professional activity must remain confidential.
AM says that in the UK it's not like that.

The judge asks if there's anything that prevents him from talking
AM says he is registered as a lawyer in the UK and the only applicable secrecy law is related to this.

The judge asks if, in the perspective of the English law, he thinks something prevents him from speaking.
AM answers that nothing prevents it, unless it relates to his counselling activities. For instance his meetings with the media aren't under any secrecy law.

The judge concludes by asking AM to inform the court if he eventually can't answer any particular question, if it violates a professional confidentiality.  She adds that she only mentions this matter because she wants him to feel at ease and not pressurised to answer any of the questions.


1) McCann family lawyer, Isabel Duarte, is the first to question the witness.

ID – Did you advise the McCanns about the reaction to the book?
AM says no. He adds that he is a specialist in the criminal defence of victims and management of the media.

ID – Are you aware of the impact the publication of the (Amaral) book had in the UK?
AM says he is.

ID – Did the public treatment of the case (media, comments, etc.) increase or decrease following the publication of the book?
AM says it increased, the internet included.


 How can that be when the book is not available in the UK?
On the internet yes, otherwise a large majority of the UK public never heard about the book (not until much later anyway) if not for Mccanns suit against Amaral that brought media attention to it



ID – You were very attentive in the first months, what was the result?
AM says some distance is needed. The people were compassionate in the UK. The rumours generated media's errors. The comments on the internet revealed the damages caused by the status of arguido. The book appeared as the official version of the rumours. It provoked an explosion of comments on the internet. People thought that there had been some judicial decision and this had a negative effect on the search for Madeleine.

 So it's apparent even LAWYER follows the case (closely) on internet


ID – Have you read the book in a translation on the internet?
AM doesn't answer this question (note: later he will say he read the book without specifying where) but says he heard about the documentary and read a transcript of the documentary. He adds he is not an expert in libel.

ID – In what other countries of the world did the book have an impact?
AM observes the impact was worse because of the profession of the author.


 He didnt answer to the point.  
But made a big deal about  the credence of the book because of author's profession, which is total contradiction to his clients, who said that the Amaral was spouting lies hence the law suit.
In other words, it's his foot in mouth moment.
What he said proves the Mccanns case has no leg to stand on - that people's view are subjective - that people do believe Amaral, because of the nature of his profession was telling the TRUTH (contrary to Mccanns' claim) 

Anyway, as the Judge observes wisely, if being innocent, are they ashamed of the book (that they want it suppressed)?
No reason for innocents to be ashamed of being made arguidos, or of a book for that matter, if one has not done anything to be ashamed of.


ID – Do you know the books of Paulo Cristóvão, Manuel Catarino and Hernâni Carvalho? (note: all of them wrote a book on the case)
AM doesn't know them.


2) Defence lawyers.

The TVI lawyer is a substitute. He has no questions

a) Valentim de Carvalho (DVD production/distribution) lawyer's questions

VC - Are you aware of the process?
AM says yes, but not officially.

VC – Is the information in the media different from that in the Amaral book?
AM says yes, but they are more vague, they weren't said in the same way.

VC – Did the book confirm the rumours?
AM says yes, mainly the internet ones. People understood that these rumours were coming from the PJ. The fact the book repeated them increased that impact. He adds it is the only book that makes these allegations.

c) Guerra & Paz's lawyer's questions

GP – Do you know that other authors spoke in the media?
AM says he is vaguely aware that other books exist. He knows that the case was an important one in Portugal and beyond.

GP – Can you mention specifics about the effect of the book in July 2008?
AM says he can't.


GP – When did you know that the book was on the internet?
AM doesn't know. He says he read the book some time after.


GP – Do you know other books by Gonçalo Amaral on this case?
AM says no.

GP – What were the repercussions in the media of the arguido status?
AM says it was very damaging in the beginning but, as there was not much information about, the media found it increasingly difficult to pursue the issue.


GP – Between September 2007 and July 2008, was there an impact on the media?
AM says yes.


 What more proof does Court need that the damage caused by the resounding repercussions in the media has a long lasting residue effect that had nothing to do with the book.

d) Santos Oliveira (GA lawyer) questions

SO I would like to know, in order to compare, about the impact following the disappearance, the arguido status and the book.
AM says he has no idea and doesn't have numbers.


BINGO


The judge comments she wasn't expecting Mr McBride to pop up with numbers in his pocket.

SO – So when you say that the book had a growing impact, it's just your opinion?
AM says yes.


SO – Therefore the impact on the search is also an opinion?
AM says it is his judgement. He thinks that it's common sense.


SO – Do you know why they waited so much time before suing GA?

The judge overrules: it has nothing to do with the contemplated matter

SO – Do you know who the Amaral book site on the internet belongs to?

Good Grief, we're (?) becoming quite well known.  Or is there another one sharing this honour?

The judge again criticizes and overrules.

The judge (Maria Emília de Melo e Castro) is now asking

MC – what was the reaction to the shelving of the process?
AM says the impact was very quickly shadowed by the book.


What a load of tosh!  
The book was not translated until much later.
Plus it's not in the mainstream


MC – What did the people think of the shelving?
AM says that they respected the AG Report that says that there was no evidence of anything.


MC - But the conclusions of the AG Report are two-fold. It established there was no evidence determining the nature of the crime, whilst indicating that there nothing more that could be done to find Madeleine.

Boy oh boy....isn't the Judge a shinning STAR?
That's McBride taken down a peg - ignorant of the full facts, selective reading caught out.


AM concludes saying that the publication of the book raised many comments.


End of Day 2.

(Tribunal failed to resume in the afternoon as the Judge didn’t return.)

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by Ribisl on 18.09.13 7:04

@aiyoyo wrote:
Libel trial McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 2 Witness No 2

MC - But the conclusions of the AG Report are two-fold. It established there was no evidence determining the nature of the crime, whilst indicating that there nothing more that could be done to find Madeleine.
AM concludes saying that the publication of the book raised many comments.

End of Day 2.

(Tribunal failed to resume in the afternoon as the Judge didn’t return.)
This is more or less the conclusion most of us have reached after reading the PJ summary. So why are SY apparently wasting so much time and money following useless leads, unless of course they have some credible information regarding whereabouts of M's remains?

Does anyone know WHY the judge did not return?

____________________
There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies... Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Ribisl

Posts : 807
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by aiyoyo on 18.09.13 7:26

@Ribisl wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
Libel trial McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 2 Witness No 2

MC - But the conclusions of the AG Report are two-fold. It established there was no evidence determining the nature of the crime, whilst indicating that there nothing more that could be done to find Madeleine.
AM concludes saying that the publication of the book raised many comments.

End of Day 2.

(Tribunal failed to resume in the afternoon as the Judge didn’t return.)
This is more or less the conclusion most of us have reached after reading the PJ summary. So why are SY apparently wasting so much time and money following useless leads, unless of course they have some credible information regarding whereabouts of M's remains?

That's the $64M question isnt it?big grin 
It's not a cliff hanger situation judging by Redwood 50/50 statement that people can expect the expected unexpected to happen,
So depending which way inclined you are it could be a wash white or it could be breaking news of the century.


Does anyone know WHY the judge did not return?

Guessing she'd enough of the drivels from the witnesses and needed to rest her head in the dark.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by russiandoll on 18.09.13 9:07

Stand-out for me from this evidence :  [  underlining mine ]
 
  
  SO I would like to know, in order to compare, about the impact following the disappearance, the arguido status and the book.

  AM says he has
...

    NO IDEA AND DOESN'T HAVE NUMBERS

   The judge kindly tells him that she does not expect precise numbers, however I think she might have expected SOME IDEA !
 




  To a precise question from a lawyer, a fellow lawyer has given an indeterminate response ON ALL 3 ISSUES.

  So how on earth can the damage caused by the book be assessed, based on this witness evidence?

  What's that saying, tell the truth and shame the devil ?

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by aiyoyo on 18.09.13 9:33

@russiandoll wrote:Stand-out for me from this evidence :  [  underlining mine ]
 
  
  SO I would like to know, in order to compare, about the impact following the disappearance, the arguido status and the book.

  AM says he has
...

    NO IDEA AND DOESN'T HAVE NUMBERS

   The judge kindly tells him that she does not expect precise numbers, however I think she might have expected SOME IDEA !
 




  To a precise question from a lawyer, a fellow lawyer has given an indeterminate response ON ALL 3 ISSUES.

  So how on earth can the damage caused by the book be assessed, based on this witness evidence?

  What's that saying, tell the truth and shame the devil ?
I dont think the solicitor is let onto the truth.

He's another professional who'd worked with the Mccanns in the past, and just giving his OPINION in his testimony.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by russiandoll on 18.09.13 9:45

He could not answer the precise question with anything remotely like precision, and his following response only confirms that he does not have a clue as to the effects of the book, which is what he should have SOME IDEA about as a witness for the McCanns.
 
 As you have said, these responses from all witnesses so far are subjective opinions.  The McCann case is tying itself up in knots. Inevitable given the background to this trial, it is going to become more so unless doctors comes along who HAVE SEEN AND SPOKEN TO THE TWINS AND ASSESSED K AND G FOR STRESS, ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION. 
Too much of this evidence is based on hearsay, what witnesses have been informed are the effects. The people who are closest to them and can discuss the changes in them since book published have not spoken yet. This week should see better evidence, it needs to be if they are to make their case.

 Crazy stuff.

____________________



             The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy


russiandoll

Posts : 3942
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2011-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by suzyjohnson on 18.09.13 10:56


Libel trial McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 2 Witness No 2
The testimony as it happened...
(13.09.2013, 11:30 am) Angus McBride. A lawyer, he first met the McCanns as an assistant advisor when they came back from Portugal at the beginning of September 2007.

ID – Did you advise the McCanns about the reaction to the book?
AM says no. 

ID – Are you aware of the impact the publication of the (Amaral) book had in the UK?
AM says he is.

ID – You were very attentive in the first months, what was the result?
AM .......... The comments on the internet revealed the damages caused by the status of arguido. The book appeared as the official version of the rumours. It provoked an explosion of comments on the internet. 

So, the status of arguido caused the problem?

ID – Do you know the books of Paulo Cristóvão, Manuel Catarino and Hernâni Carvalho? (note: all of them wrote a book on the case)
AM doesn't know them ........

AM ...... adds (Amaral's) is the only book that makes these allegations. 

How does he know this if he's not heard of the other books?

GP – Do you know that other authors spoke in the media?
AM says he is vaguely aware that other books exist. He knows that the case was an important one in Portugal and beyond.

GP – Can you mention specifics about the effect of the book in July 2008?
AM says he can't.

So why has he been called as a witness?

GP – What were the repercussions in the media of the arguido status?
AM says it was very damaging in the beginning but, as there was not much information about, the media found it increasingly difficult to pursue the issue.

The media published loads of articles until the McCanns started taking them to court.

GP – Between September 2007 and July 2008, was there an impact on the media?
AM says yes.

Before Amaral's book.

SO I would like to know, in order to compare, about the impact following the disappearance, the arguido status and the book.
AM says he has no idea and doesn't have numbers.

No idea!!!

SO – So when you say that the book had a growing impact, it's just your opinion?
AM says yes.

SO – Therefore the impact on the search is also an opinion?
AM says it is his judgement. He thinks that it's common sense.

MC – What did the people think of the shelving (of the case)?
AM says that they respected the AG Report that says that there was no evidence of anything.

MC - But the conclusions of the AG Report are two-fold. It established there was no evidence determining the nature of the crime, whilst indicating that there nothing more that could be done to find Madeleine.
AM concludes saying that the publication of the book raised many comments.


End of Day 2.

(Tribunal failed to resume in the afternoon as the Judge didn’t return.)

I thought the other witnesses were bad enough but this has to be the worst of the lot. Reading this, I'm not really surprised the judge didn't return. I wonder if she's had something to say on the subject of bringing this case to court with so little relevant evidence?

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1004
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by MaryB on 18.09.13 11:11

How come people can give their opinions but Goncalo Amaral isn't allowed an opinion.

MaryB

Posts : 204
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by Hicks on 18.09.13 11:20

@MaryB wrote:How come people can give their opinions but Goncalo Amaral isn't allowed an opinion.
Exactly. That's what makes this charade so laughable.

At least GA- having been on the investigation- is qualified to give his opinion.

If GA doesn't win this then there really IS no justice!

Hicks

Posts : 976
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-07-16
Age : 58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by aiyoyo on 18.09.13 11:22

They must feel they are helping just by showing up in Court to say how angry the mccanns were with the book; and how emotionally destroyed they were that no one is searching.
They forgot the book is in Portuguese not distributed in UK.
Basing their opinion on a small internet audience just because the book in online in English version, then jumping to conclusion because it's in the public domain then therefore defaultedly it must damage the search is utter rubbish.

Every national and nearly every regional title were running the disappearance story along with story of them being suspects of involvement and more.
That reaches a far wider audience, thus the damage was already done there and then, so why did not sue the paper?

They apportion the blame on which element hampers the search more or which lesser, and have this perceived belief that people are not searching since they believed Maddie is dead is not quantifiable, and therefore cannot be attributed to any one particular source/element. It is their own subjective perception that's all, not provable by number.

It is a collective awareness in the public conscious that Maddie died in the apt (it was so widely reported). So, unless they can undo that (public awareness of that info), there is NO way they can stop people believing whichever way they choose to believe. The hamper the search allegation is again their perception, not based on proven evidence.

Labouring on the point of the mccanns' family emotional health has no relevance to the libelous contention of the book anyway.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by aiyoyo on 18.09.13 11:24

@MaryB wrote:How come people can give their opinions but Goncalo Amaral isn't allowed an opinion.
Excellent point.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by jeanmonroe on 18.09.13 12:18

Bit late now as AM has been and gone.

But can be put to Trish and Ma Healy, who have still to testify,

GA Lawyer:
"Do you think the search for Madeleine was affected in any way, in the UK or worldwide, when Kate McCann said YES, in September 2007, when the investigators into her daughter's disappearance asked her that she could be jeopardising the investigation set up to try to find out what happened to Madeleine"?
"wouldn't it have been very reasonable that members of the public would have asked themselves 'why should i search for Madeleine, when her own mother has said that she didn't actually search, herself, and she has possibly jeopardised the investigation'?
"And it is that those FACTS that may have stopped many, many, people to continue searching"?
"unless of course, Kate didn't say those things"
"people would have drawn their own conclusions about continuing to search after Mrs McCann's answers and acted accordingly, wouldn't they"?
"i put it to you that if people stopped searching, as is the claim made against me, it has nothing at all to do with a book that i will not have published until 9 months later, but all to do with Mrs McCann saying that she, personally could have jeopardised the seach by not co-operating fully with the investigation into her daughter's 'disappearance'"?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by PeterMac on 18.09.13 13:19

@aiyoyo wrote:
@MaryB wrote:How come people can give their opinions but Goncalo Amaral isn't allowed an opinion.
Excellent point.
Nor is TB.

So there are two people in the entire world who may not have an opinion.
Every else can " purport away " to their heart's content, courtesy of Gerry under oath at Leveson

But those two, who clearly did get very close to the truth, have to be silenced.

Which raises the question, yet again - what part of what they said got so close ?
We have tested most issues over the years, but no one else has been proceeded against.
So from that we may draw the conclusion that we are not close enough to upset them

What have we not looked at ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by jeanmonroe on 18.09.13 13:26

oopps!
please sustitute HE for "i" and HE for "me" in last paragraph of my last post.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by aiyoyo on 18.09.13 13:32

@PeterMac wrote:

Which raises the question, yet again - what part of what they said got so close ?
VC – Did the book confirm the rumours?
AM says yes, mainly the internet ones. People understood that these rumours were coming from the PJ. The fact the book repeated them increased that impact. He adds it is the only book that makes these allegations.
The same parts that McBridge said were coming from the PJ (though he termed it "rumours"); and miraculously he also said the book REPEATED them.
Effectively he's conceding  PJ and Amaral's versions are one and the same.

Yet he calls one "rumours" and the other one "allegations" yet he's refering to the exactly same thing.
 I wonder how the same thing can be termed differently. In that case it can probably also be termed as the TRUTH.

Notice how he also concedes the rumours from PJ have an IMPACT (and that (the impact) increases with the book...)

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by Ciawoman on 18.09.13 13:41

I don't post often felt I had to give my opinion.

Judging by the testimony so far this trial is a joke.   How can the McCann's state the book hindered the search when the UK tax payers are paying out millions of pounds to still search 6 years later?

Ciawoman

Posts : 62
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2012-06-02
Age : 49
Location : Belfast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by jeanmonroe on 18.09.13 13:42

aiyoyo
"I wonder how the same thing can be termed differently. In that case it can probably also be termed as the TRUTH."
___________________________________________________________________

You can use a McSplanation.

A McSplanation is a word or words to describe an event or word that means the exact opposite to it's original meaning or use.

Egs "when the shutters were smashed" the McSplanation would be "they were totally pristine and untouched"
      "they couldn't see the kids because the apartment building blocked their view" the McSplanation for that is "they had a clear line of sight of the kids"
      "unlocked" = "locked, but not quite"

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by Woofer on 18.09.13 13:47

@PeterMac wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@MaryB wrote:How come people can give their opinions but Goncalo Amaral isn't allowed an opinion.
Excellent point.
Nor is TB.

So there are two people in the entire world who may not have an opinion.
Every else can " purport away " to their heart's content, courtesy of Gerry under oath at Leveson

But those two, who clearly did get very close to the truth, have to be silenced.

Which raises the question, yet again - what part of what they said got so close ?
We have tested most issues over the years, but no one else has been proceeded against.
So from that we may draw the conclusion that we are not close enough to upset them

What have we not looked at ?
Exactly - I keep waiting for someone to say something on here that hits the spot and the forum gets closed down - then we`ll know.

Or could it be that GA`s high career status and qualifications made his account credible - also TB`s previous experience in social services and his legal knowledge.

____________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by Cristobell on 18.09.13 13:49

@Ciawoman wrote:I don't post often felt I had to give my opinion.

Judging by the testimony so far this trial is a joke.   How can the McCann's state the book hindered the search when the UK tax payers are paying out millions of pounds to still search 6 years later?
You may not post often, but what you say hits the spot!

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by tiny on 18.09.13 13:50

@Ciawoman wrote:I don't post often felt I had to give my opinion.

Judging by the testimony so far this trial is a joke.   How can the McCann's state the book hindered the search when the UK tax payers are paying out millions of pounds to still search 6 years later?
Good question,wish I knew the answer,perhaps Cameron ought to answer,after all he is the one who pledged our(tax payers) money.

tiny

Posts : 2274
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by aiyoyo on 18.09.13 14:13

@Woofer wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@MaryB wrote:How come people can give their opinions but Goncalo Amaral isn't allowed an opinion.
Excellent point.
Nor is TB.

So there are two people in the entire world who may not have an opinion.
Every else can " purport away " to their heart's content, courtesy of Gerry under oath at Leveson

But those two, who clearly did get very close to the truth, have to be silenced.

Which raises the question, yet again - what part of what they said got so close ?
We have tested most issues over the years, but no one else has been proceeded against.
So from that we may draw the conclusion that we are not close enough to upset them

What have we not looked at ?
Exactly - I keep waiting for someone to say something on here that hits the spot and the forum gets closed down - then we`ll know.

Or could it be that GA`s high career status and qualifications made his account credible - also TB`s previous experience in social services and his legal knowledge.
The comments on the internet revealed the damages caused by the status of arguido. The book appeared as the official version of the rumours. It provoked an explosion of comments on the internet. People thought that there had been some judicial decision and this had a negative effect on the search for Madeleine.
Well, McBride's statement proves that our (us, we the nobodies) opinions did not go unnoticed except there are too many of us to sue.
If the Mccanns were to sue each and everyone who does not believe in their theory, or in their honesty to tell the truth, they would be bankrupt of everything.
They cant take on the whole world metaphorically speaking.


aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by Woofer on 18.09.13 14:22

@Ciawoman wrote:I don't post often felt I had to give my opinion.

Judging by the testimony so far this trial is a joke.   How can the McCann's state the book hindered the search when the UK tax payers are paying out millions of pounds to still search 6 years later?
Yep, so true.

Also, what do the McCanns actually mean by `the search` ? Just who do they think is supposed to be doing this search for their daughter?  They go on as if the whole world is supposed to be searching and that GA`s book hindered that search.  But who was doing this never-ending search in the first place? 

Yes, you could probably say that everyone was on the look-out for her but GA`s book will not have stopped that.  I bet many people are still sub-consciously on the look-out for Maddie,  but the way they go on its as though they are expecting everyone in the world to give up their jobs, family life etc and go and search for Madeleine?  Never known such narcissistic people.

____________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by PeterMac on 18.09.13 14:41

@Woofer wrote:
Also, what do the McCanns actually mean by `the search` ? Just who do they think is supposed to be doing this search for their daughter?  They go on as if the whole world is supposed to be searching and that GA`s book hindered that search.  But who was doing this never-ending search in the first place? 

Yes, you could probably say that everyone was on the look-out for her but GA`s book will not have stopped that.  I bet many people are still sub-consciously on the look-out for Maddie,  but the way they go on its as though they are expecting everyone in the world to give up their jobs, family life etc and go and search for Madeleine?  Never known such narcissistic people.
A long time ago when the Hellish lair first appeared we asked why they were not organising a search for it. It would not have been difficult, since half the circle is sea, and much of the rest is gold courses and a large town.
So the area of lawless hunterland would have been comparatively small. But they didn't search
Nor did they even PRETEND to !
They at least pretended to muck about in Morocco, after M3 had paid 'witnesses' to report sightings.
But "close to home" ?
No
And now Edgar is saying the solution Lies in Portugal


LIES IN PORTUGAL. Perfectly put, Sir.

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Libel Trial - Angus McBride's Testimony

Post by tigger on 18.09.13 14:50

In the Swedish interview -when asked what would be the worst news, she said it would be to hear Madeleine was dead.

Wait for it! She added that was - because that would mean there was no more SEARCH!

So not that hope would have gone, no chance  hold her  ever again, no - the Search would be over. That's why it would be the worst news.
I find that a very strange reaction from a devout catholic mother.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum